Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I gave the writers some benefit of the doubt last season with regard to the lack of Diggle/Felicity scenes, but now I'm pretty sure they were doing it on purpose. If Diggle/Felicity, Diggle/Oliver, Oliver/Felicity are all allowed to have strong relationships, then a certain someone would seem very out of place on the team. It really sucks because Diggle/Felicity's relationship is my second favorite on Arrow. 

• Love 16

To be fair, Felicity's not the type to want to keep secrets from people that should be in the know, Sara's death being the lone exception. If Diggle told her but told her not to tell Oliver, he'd be putting her in a bad spot.

• Love 2

Trying to rationalize this. Maybe they'll tie this conversation in the whole "my brother was killed" / "My sister was killed"/"We have so much in common!". Seriously, it's the only reason I can fathom, they played this card last season, too.

Edited by looptab
  • Love 1

Felicity helped Diggle track down his brother's killer before this, kept Sara's death a secret from Lance, and kept Ray Palmer's secret from Oliver and vice versa. As she's said, she can keep a secret.

• Love 4

It's really uncanny how it's been SEVENTY EPISODES, and secrets still make everyone on this show 100% stupid in the brain.

As for Felicity -- I have no doubt she can keep a secret, but I also think this particular bit of information shouldn't be a secret in the first place. And I'm willing to bet Felicity agrees with me. Deadshot killing Andy for HIVE is probably the best lead they could have, even.

Edited by dtissagirl
  • Love 10

I wish I could be more excited about tonight's episode, because I really like Jeri Ryan, but I just have this bad feeling that either her character's going to be killed off, or she's going to end up leaving town with her daughter, never to be seen again. I'd be more interested if she was a recurring character that was going to be around for awhile.

I have to say, though, that, as much as Oliver for Mayor has been on my Do Not Want list, the idea that literally no one wants the job because it's a death sentence makes Oliver running for mayor somewhat more plausible.

• Love 4

Felicity kept all those secrets before she became Oliver's SO though. The rules have changed.

I can't view the clip from my computer. Can someone descibe it?

The producer's preview?   

Opens with Jessica Danforth telling Oliver if that man can take up the Arrow's mantle, she can take on Moira's and run for mayor.  (cue guilt)

Scene of Danforth announcing her candidacy with Oliver and Thea in the audience, shots ring out. (Mericle talks about DD)

Oliver telling Felicity "you look nice" as she heads off for her first day as CEO.  (Mericle talks about her "harsh realities")

Felicity saying she didn't come back to fire people, she came back to protect Ray's legacy. Mean black board member talks about there may not be a legacy to protect.  (Mericle talks about Curtis Holt.)

Diggle tells Laurel about DD being associated with HIVE and that they killed his brother and he's been looking into them for two years.  (secrets!)  (Mericle talks about being excited to get back to this storyline and new information that "will lead him down a rabbit hole to get to the truth about his brother.).

• Love 1

*not watching the previews, not watching the previews, not watching the previews, staying strong*

Ha!  I compromised and watched with the sound off.  Of course then I read all the comments but at least it gives me something new to experience.  ;)

I'll wait to judge until I see the circumstances of this conversation. Hopefully Felicity's not deemed untrustworthy in Diggle's eyes because she left with Oliver or is dating him and he's worried she'll tell or something juvenile like that.

The only way I'll accept Diggle telling Laurel of all people smh, is if this is leading to a conversation/moment between Diggle and Felicity about what he feels he can and can't say to her now that she's in a relationship with Oliver, someone he doesn't trust anymore. I'd actually be pretty okay with that because it's real and makes sense. 

But my guess is they'll just be ignored like usual. 

I think the logic of Oliver and Felicity being in Diggle's mind one unit is the one the show is running with but I suspect we will never have that specifically stated.  I actually do have a pet fanwank that while Diggle logically knows he shouldn't be upset with Felicity, he is and is being just a bit passive aggressive about it since instead of talking to her about it, he's pretending everything is fine...except for the part where he's not treating her the way he used to.  I also have a pet fanwank that he doesn't want to talk to her because he's afraid between her and Lyla, they could persuade him to forgive Oliver.  And he doesn't want to yet.  (insert little boy stamping his foot) 

• Love 7

I'd be upset with Felicity if Digg told her and she didn't tell Oliver.  I don't believe SOs are the same person, thus me personally feeling that Lyla's forgiveness of Oliver doesn't mean Digg has to forgive him, too.  BUT, keeping big secrets relevant to the others' lives and their life together is bad and unhealthy, and I would hate it.  

• Love 2

Ha!  I compromised and watched with the sound off.  Of course then I read all the comments but at least it gives me something new to experience.  ;)

You know that doesn't count as keeping your vow, right?  ;-)

I like your idea that Diggle may be holding some resentment at Felicity for not only letting Oliver off the hook so easily but then becoming completely his.

It means that I don't mind so much that he's talking to Laurel. It's not that Felicity doesn't matter to him any more, it's that she does.  He's mostly mad at Oliver but he's also upset at Felicity.  (fanwank!)

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 2

I'd be upset with Felicity if Digg told her and she didn't tell Oliver.  I don't believe SOs are the same person, thus me personally feeling that Lyla's forgiveness of Oliver doesn't mean Digg has to forgive him, too.  BUT, keeping big secrets relevant to the others' lives and their life together is bad and unhealthy, and I would hate it.  

For me it's more than just the idea of a secret between a couple.

This is a vital piece of mission-related information, that seriously, Diggle has NO REASON WHATSOEVER to hide from Oliver, except that he's mad at him. Knowing Deadshot worked for HIVE won't put anyone in danger, won't change anyone's lives, won't do anything other than give them data: HIVE is an organization that hire assassins. And knowing Andy was on some sort of HIVE kill list might legit give them an investigative lead, if they stop being dumb and look into what was it that Andy was doing that got him killed in the first place.

It's just plot contrivances because Guggie doesn't know how to write character-driven without using secrets as motivation.

• Love 9
I don't like either option, actually. I don't want either as Felicity's dad to happen at all. The main reason I suggested Savage is because I keep going back to DR's comment and mic drop at that con when he said that when we find out who Felicity's dad is, we'll really get why she'll beat Caitlyn/most anyone when it comes to smarts. DR made it seem like Papa Smoak will be someone who's very recognizable as being a certified genius and Darhk seems practically a footnote in the comics. Plus, I actually do believe Mericle when she says they haven't found a way to use Felicity's dad just yet but that they know who he will be. I'm probably being naive about believing an Arrow EP, though.

Thanks, I've been missing this piece of information. Either I haven't seen the con or I forgot about it.

My favorite thing is someone randomly decided to take a photo of them looking confused and gave it to them. Did they frame it? LOL

That one was definitely on their fridge in Ivy Town. There was another one in the same outfits next to it and on the mantle I believe. There's something odd about Felicity's face in that one.

Okay, that's Felicity level of adorable. I also like your fanwank.

• Love 1

Frankly, it's about time people started telling Laurel stuff, especially stuff like this that affects her, so that part is fine. But given that both of them have turned to Felicity for research assistance in the past, and given that just last week Laurel was unable to find out basic public information like what official city events were planned for that week, I'm kinda hoping this info doesn't stay between Diggle and Laurel.

• Love 7

Poor Curtis is sweating like he's been hit with Vertigo. Come sit at my table, Curtis, I think I like you already. Felicity's "Oh, goody," is a thing of beauty.

Good thing Felicity and Oliver were alone at the lair. I don't think any of the members wanted to see that mating dance. I, on the other hand, enjoyed it immensely.

Oliver and Thea are so cute at breakfast. I have a feeling they're doing this for Moira. Like brunch with Carter Bowen, only without manipulation and shit talking. Damn it, I miss Moira.

• Love 2

OTA. OTA. OTA. My heart is happy. 

So it looks like Curtis and Double Down are in the Team Arrow lair, which suggests Curtis finds out about them? 

I guess Holt is going to be Felicity's new black BFF.  (I find it amusing that the shows 2 gay characters are played by straight people while the 3 gay actors play straight ones.)

I can understand why Diggle didn't tell Felicity if he doesn't want Oliver to know. As Oliver's SO, she shouldn't be keeping secrets from him.

But unless he's going to tell Oliver in this episode, Diggle should have been talking to Lyla, not Laurel.  You know, the Laurel who just went behind his back to call Oliver in.

Who else besides John B. is gay on Arrow? I thought Paul Blackthorne was but never looked. Curiosity now.

• Love 1

Re the new 3.03 pics, I really would like for the writers to stop with the constant "the lair is found and invaded" scenes.  That's the temp lair, so I'll give them one last pass, but if they can't secure the permanent lair they shouldn't have it.  There are a million other places the various members of TA can be attacked, especially since most of them have JOBS.

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 3

We had a little debate when those pics were released - I think the temp lair is in the basement of PT. It seems like this dude attacks on the upper floors, and then Felicity and Curtis take the elevator down, so they might have somehow led him there. But yes, I agree. 

Ha ha, I had a debate on tvline about Oliver's "sexual smirk" at Laurel's zipline into kicking a villain, and (1) she just ziplined to the ground; and (2) the "sexual smirk" was in reaction to Thea, not Laurel.  Ha ha ha ha ha FOREVER.

Btw, Oliver seemingly is going under cover with Shadowspire for Amanda Waller, which I theorized like a month ago.  I am currently accepting tips.

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 4

The basement of PT is really the logical place to have the temporary lair. Except for the fact that they set it up while Felicity was out of town. Maybe she authorized it from her CEO position.  And when Double Down attacks Felicity and Curtis, she takes the elevator down there for safety.

I hope at least there is a special code to get to the lair floor because otherwise any curious employee could find it.

It looks like Oliver's new love interest really is going to be a good person, she was trying to help that poor sick man. So what is the contrast with Olicity? The fact that in present day, Oliver is a good person and not a bad guy threatening poor slaves?

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 2

Hi guys

A gentle reminder to post links to spoilers in the Spoiler Thread rather than only here in the Spoiler Discussion Thread.  It's just the nice thing to do for your fellow posters who want to find the actual spoilers more easily. 

Also, please link to the original source when you post--don't cut and paste long articles. 

Thanks!

• Love 3

First DD has to figure out that the Felicity is Oliver's Felicity.  Didn't we get a spoiler about DD meeting Oliver Queen and not knowing he's the Green Arrow?

I wonder if Lance will tell him in exchange for protecting Laurel, or if he wouldn't stoop that low even with his feelings about Oliver.

Edited by statsgirl

I'm not hating Lance because his story is my favorite trope...the road to hell is paved with good intentions

By the end I'll either mourn his tragic death/sacrifice or cheer on his redemption storyline (my 2nd favorite storyline)

• Love 2

PB is a great actor. I enjoy watching him so I don't want to lose him. A redemption arc has the potential to be really good. I think the permanent death of his daughter would be excellent motivation. 

• Love 4

PB is a great actor. I enjoy watching him so I don't want to lose him. A redemption arc has the potential to be really good. I think the permanent death of his daughter would be excellent motivation. 

He's gone back and forth too many times to trust any "redemption."

• Love 1

I'm not hating Lance because his story is my favorite trope...the road to hell is paved with good intentions

By the end I'll either mourn his tragic death/sacrifice or cheer on his redemption storyline (my 2nd favorite storyline)

I might be rooting for him to be redeemed if I hadn't already watched this story with him. It's retread at this point, and now not only is he a nasty asshole, he's a hypocrite. If he gets redeemed again, I'll just keep waiting for him to go back on it. Again.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 3

He's gone back and forth too many times to trust any "redemption."

I love a good redemption storyline, but I have to agree here. Last season, they ruined the organic and totally awesome growth they had going on with Lance's feelings towards the Arrow and vigilantes in general, and I don't see them believably bringing that vibe back. Lance will turn on Oliver when it's convenient.  

• Love 3