Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

So, when Stephen played his 2 lies and 1 truth game, he had said that Huntress appears in premiere, flashbacks take place in Russia and he vows to break his no kill policy. 

So, its the no kill policy, right?

• Love 2

I was going to say that wouldn't they know who they were killing off because of contract negotiations, but then I remember Tommy and his multi-year contract. 

If they haven't made a choice, I wonder what they are waiting for. Feedback from S4 doesn't seem that likely given how far in advance they have to write the episodes.

I'm trying to look at this two ways. In-show and out-of-show. I can't see Oliver Queen ever becoming the lighter side of life if he loses Felicity or Thea. Story wise I don't know how you get there. Thea had a positive reaction last year and the show runners seem interested in taking Thea places. Felicity had a rough season last year, but is still the networks go to promotion. I'm pretty sure without Olicity Arrow would have disappeared over the summer. Someone posted twitter trends and there is a huge difference between the amount of talk on Felicity/Olicity and ever other Arrow thing. Even if the show wanted to go there, I'm pretty sure the brass would say no.

Diggle. I want to say he is safe because he is Diggle and an awesome character. Also he is the only POC on the regular cast, so I sure as hell hope they wouldn't go there. Critics love OTA and the show runners acknowledged they know what works. I personally think his relationship to Oliver is unique. He is his brother. Even though they are stepping away from Diggle as Oliver's mentor, he is still Oliver's only guy friend. Diggle is getting a big year, I would hate to find it was all Troll and they were killing him off. I could see fans really being turned off by it. 

The Lances. I think its one of them. Smart money is probably on Lance. He seemed to come with an expiration date. And he is getting involved with DD, so the character may actually be asking for it. I'm curious if they decided to make a switch on the parental unit, Lance dies but Mama Smoak is around more. QL is something I think they could do without much fess. I don't think the network or audience would have much to contribute to the subject.

I wouldn't take Laurel off the table. Storyline wise, she is an expendable character. Her roles could be filled by others. Strong female fighter - Thea. Connection to police - Quentin. Her death wouldn't set Oliver back in a way that Felicity or Thea's would. It would effect him, but not regress him. She got a better reception last season. The best reception she has ever had and she is the BC. However, she was a blip in the promotion this year. No preview clip, no countdown photo, if IIRC she was just on the S3DVD promotion but nothing S4 related. The show runners haven't given her much focus at all in interviews. At SDCC, she was very much in the background. There were even full interviews she missed. Even if they didn't know at the time who was dying, that says they don't believe she is a selling point. I don't subscribe much at all to jbuffysomethings theories. Way too much thought goes into those, but I do find one point interesting. The ramping down of a character. Prior to the death of a character they get closure and the storylines dry up. Closure with Sara, burying the past with Oliver and getting back to a good relationship with her father is something they have talked about. At this point, it sounds like she is the only one not getting a new storyline on Arrow. Sara and Lance are same old, same old. Everyone else has gotten a new player to bounce off of, but her. The only PR for her is LOT which ends mid-season. All of that I find interesting. 

And then it may just be Baby Mama. 

That is all I needed to get out on the subject. This is part logic and a whole lot of wishful thinking. 

.....And the Fern is only good for trolling purposes. 

Edited by 10Eleven12
  • Love 11

So, when Stephen played his 2 lies and 1 truth game, he had said that Huntress appears in premiere, flashbacks take place in Russia and he vows to break his no kill policy. 

So, its the no kill policy, right?

Yes, because he vowed to kill "him," who I'm assuming is Darhk. 

Well seeing as the death is probably at the end of the season, it could be someone that is introduced down the line. But I do think that it was the intention to make everyone believe that Felicity dies. The cut of the scene and having Barry there was intentional to make people speculate. 

As I already said I wouldn't put it past them to kill Felicity or Diggle mainly because I don't trust them. Somehow I think that they'd not be giving the green light to kill off Felicity. Mainly because she is so valuable. People like her, she is good for promotion and for the CW brand. If they kill her (or Digg) many people would probably drop the show, because let's be real a show with Thea, Digg, Laurel and Oliver isn't exactly a fun hour. 

But then again I am not sure why people would care that much about Oliver's baby mama or the kid. Maybe they are already overselling stuff. 

I am just not that excited about that move. It is like a sword hanging over your head for full 6-7 months. 

• Love 3

jbuffyangel is convinced it's Laurel.  I don't think that is impossible, but it does seem quite unlikely.  I am totally comfortable it's not Felicity or Thea or Digg.  The thing about it not being his fault, but being his responsibility, makes me lean harder towards Quentin.  I can really see him telling Oliver the city is his responsibility with his dying breath.  I really don't think it's his kid, bc he'd definitely think that was his fault, plus he'd be devastated.  If the kid stays generally secret, I can see it being baby mama, with Oliver sending the kid to live with his maternal grandparents to "keep him safe."  Of course if the kid's parentage becomes public, that option is out, meaning baby mama is out because I do not think they're dumb enough to have a kid on the show full-time, which would have to happen if he's publicly Oliver's kid and his mom is dead.

Stupid question, but won't we kind of know soon?  I mean KC or PB being out of a job would seem like something that would become known.  Even if the show tries to keep it quiet by making the person agree not to disclose and to remain in Vancouver or something, the person still wouldn't be filming.  That makes me lean towards baby mama, because she's only on every once in awhile anyway.

(edited)

6 months from now is April, so the death would be somewhere between 18-21.  Going by the last two seasons Moira died in 220 and Roy left in 319.  So I would say it'll probably happen in 419-420.  They begin filming for episode 18 somewhere around 2/10/16.  You might get more hints between now and then but you really won't be able to figure it out based on social media until after February.

Unless they do a time jump in order to get to the death earlier.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 7

Well seeing as the death is probably at the end of the season, it could be someone that is introduced down the line.

I don't think it's at the end of the season, because that would mean dragging the DD story over to another season. Unless "him" is not actually DD but their way of introducing next season 's big bad. But I doubt they've planned that far ahead, so I'm going with "him" being DD, and that being the case, it's got to happen with enough time left in the season for everyone to react to it and wrap up the story.

ETA: and what Morrigan2575 said.

Edited by Starfish35

MG said that there would be time after the death for the characters to deal with it, so that seems like it comes at least an ep or two (maybe more) before the finale. If it's actually 6 months show time like MG says, seems like it'd come sometime in April.

I have to say, I don't think it's Laurel. Not after all the damn fuss they made to make her BC. Seriously omg. What a waste of time if that happens. Nope. 

That's why I'm leaning towards Quentin now. I can see him putting his faith in Oliver/GA and masks as his redemption for working with DD just before he sacrifices himself. Plus his death gives Laurel something to do once the whole Sara resurrection arc is over. 

I definitely think the way the scene was cut made us think it was Felicity but I don't know if the show would kill off yet another female character so soon, or for other reasons which I won't delve into here. Diggle had a few anvils in the episode too but they need more than one male on the team otherwise it will just be Oliver/Felicity/Thea/Laurel and no. Doesn't work. Also I love Diggle and I refuse.

So, that Quentin knocking Diggle out scene that isn't supposed to be what it looks like is...what, Quentin protecting Diggle from DD somehow, you think? It seems like mind control is out of the picture now that we know Quentin is willingly working with the dude for whatever reason. 

• Love 1

There's no way it's Laurel. DC wouldn't let MG/WM/AK kill off Black Canary on Arrow--especially after taking 3 seasons getting her to that point. I also think The CW would frown upon it considering it seems they were the ones insisting KC be cast. It's either Diggle or Quentin...and I hate the idea of it being either.

If it's Lyla, and it could be given Diggle keeping HIVE secrets, then that would really show Diggle that what Oliver didn't wasn't so bad.  But it would also leave Diggle with an 18 month old to raise as a single father, leading him to quit the team, and I like Lyla so I'm not putting my money on her.

Looking at the promo and Oliver tensely saying to Lance "Let us help" makes me almost excited to see Lance's arc this season, the conflict between what he feels is right, what DD wants from him, and the pressure around Team Arrow.  I bet Paul Blackthorne is having a great time after the two dimensional character he's had mostly so far.

I don't understand the argument "Felicity is the one that dies because she would've been there"...

It was post-funeral so maybe she went back to the loft to set up for the wake.  Or Barry is really really late and this is Oliver's second visit to the grave because this show really likes it's graveside chats.

That death's not going to be Felicity because Reverse Flash intimated great things from her in the future (also, I don't think the EPs want the show to be canceled yet).

Good point. Although we know that the timeline can be changed.

I was going to say that wouldn't they know who they were killing off because of contract negotiations, but then I remember Tommy and his multi-year contract. 

If they haven't made a choice, I wonder what they are waiting for. Feedback from S4 doesn't seem that likely given how far in advance they have to write the episodes.

Poor Colin Donnell.  A multi-year contract for a young actor, and then he's gone.  I hope Chicago Med is good to him.

I'm guessing they have someone in mind but if the response to that character this season is very positive (e.g. if everyone loves Quentin fighting himself) then they will move on to another character or two that they have in mind.

It's even possible to make it Thea's new boyfriend if they give him a few scenes in Central City with Barry.

• Love 2

The thing I love the most about this death is I'm pretty sure we're all going to wind up wondering why exactly Oliver's left standing alone by the grave after the funeral. Because the only one it makes sense for is Felicity, and I'm pretty sure it's not her.

Anyone think there might be a chance that the "him" is not actually DD? I know we're supposed to think it is, and it probably is. But it occurred to me after my earlier comment, and reading some comments on TVLine, that these writers do like their twists, and maybe "him" isn't actually DD after all. I don't know - it's just a thought.

About it being Oliver's child (who is not Connor)..... I would have thought that killing off a child was going too far, but then they did kill off Akkio last season. So I'm not sure Oliver's kid can totally be ruled out.

• Love 3

"Him" could be Malcolm Merlyn if it's revealed that Malcolm's been working with Darhk all this time and is, actually, part of H.I.V.E. After all, Malcolm's method of the Glades 'destruction by earthquake seems more in line with Darhk's "imma let the city burn to the ground to get rid of the 'disease'" code than Ra's and the LoA's whatever they do in shadows (I actually forgot now what the beliefs of the LoA are, thanks to S3 Ra's' nonsensical whims).

After thinking about it, I don't think I'm all that bothered much about whoever's dead (the speculations everywhere will drive me crazy, though). I'm 97% sure it's not going to be Felicity, Diggle, or Thea so...

If it's Donna, I'll be really sad but I'll cope. If it's Lyla, I'll be pissed and will never forgive it (much like I still haven't forgiven Moira's death) but I'll continue watching. If it's Curtis, I'm going to be angry because he seems cool. If it's Baby Mama or Oliver's kid, I don't know them so eh. If it's Thea's new guy, I'll miss the pretty but whatever. If it's a Lance not named Sara, I don't care.

It's probably Hawkman, anyway. They're introducing him in Arrow soon, right? His death in April would be just about the right time for the show to intro/help out LoT. And Oliver can finally utter that iconic "pretty bird" line as he says farewell to the dude. It's Hawkman. Yep.

• Love 5

The only reason I doubt the death is Oliver's kid is because of MG's comment about the death being "elegant" and "earned." I know he's not to be trusted, but those are really weird things to say about a helpless child kicking the bucket. Seems to me like those words point to the dead one sacrificing his/her self for the greater good of the city, or to atone for some kind of "sin." Maybe Malcolm's the dead one, for once not being a selfish asshat.

• Love 3

Don't laugh at my reading comprehension but was MG talking about the death when he said Elegant and earned-or was he talking about how they take the Lp out of the picture? 

http://tvline.com/2015/10/07/arrow-season-4-recap-who-died-death-oliver-felicity-proposal/

That does make it seem like the "organic" and "earned" is about the LP. When I read the initial quotes incorporated into an article (I can't remember where now), it seemed like they were talking about the death. 

• Love 2

There's no way it's Laurel. DC wouldn't let MG/WM/AK kill off Black Canary on Arrow--especially after taking 3 seasons getting her to that point. I also think The CW would frown upon it considering it seems they were the ones insisting KC be cast. It's either Diggle or Quentin...and I hate the idea of it being either.

Well.. In all honestly I don't think Geoff Jones is a big fan/lover of KC Laurel.. he seemed far more enamored with CL BC last year.

so if she's not being send away I truly do put the blames on the writer or whatever contract she has.

Edited by foreverevolving
  • Love 1

Everybody at this point knows that Laurel's character was the problematic one. (Writer's fault.)  But I agree with everyone else, they'd sooner kill of all the supporting characters in one swift move before they'd ever touch BC. (Even if they should have considered it at times.) The funny thing is even comic book fans sometimes have a problem with her. They love BC but dislike LL. One guy from the Arrow Aftershow called her the girlfriend of your buddy that you wished he would not bring to the party. 

I do have to admit though then I am somewhat curious to see how her big episodes do. Because depending on the storyline people could applaud her or just hate on her more than before. 

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 1

Whatever happens to Laurel, whether KC stays on the show or goes for whatever reason (although I do believe that's highly unlikely), the very last thing I want Laurel to is DIE. Just...decide to start a new life somewhere, and drive away. Whatever, but please still be converting oxygen to carbon dioxide. 

• Love 2

They love BC but dislike LL. One guy from the Arrow Aftershow called her the girlfriend of your buddy that you wished he would not bring to the party. 

That's hilarious and true. Laurel really doesn't add very much to the show, even now that she is BC. The writers still don't seem to have much a plan for her. That seemed to be the extent of their plan last year, now she's back to being Sara's shadow. 

Edited by Sakura12

Yes, it's also the start of the Vigilante task force.  I'm assuming that Lance creates the Task Force to go after GA because DD wants him dead.  

I was thinking about this. Does Lance create the Task Force as some kind of delay tactic? Because logically he could just say to DD, 'uh, well, GA is Oliver Queen' and literally no more needs to be done. 

OK, death speculation time again, is it, with only three people (Oliver, Barry, Zoom) completely ruled out? I'm so here for this (rubbing hands together).

First, the HE that Oliver is so going to kill with a pointy little arrow (or not):

1. Malcolm Merlyn! Pro: Why not? Con: Given the efforts Arrow has gone through to keep Malcolm on this show and the comment that Malcolm will be appearing on all three shows, moderately unlikely.

2. Vandal Savage.  Pro: Crossover time, everyone, crossover time.  Con: I'm assuming Legends will want to have its characters deal with its Big Bad, thank you very much.

3. Anarky. Pro: The script made it sound as if Oliver would be going after Damien, so have it be someone else, TWIST! Con: It's not the Big Bad. 

4. Damien. Pro: That's a major target. Con: It's obvious.

5. Random new villain.  Pro: That fits in with the Arrow tradition of revealing new villains/twists in episode 9. Con: This is a lot of major new villains.

And now, Death speculation! In absolutely no order:

1. Malcolm Merlyn: Pro: Damien presumably wants Malcolm dead. Some viewers want Malcolm dead. Con: Arrow's gone to vast lengths to keep him on the show. Also, I don't think that Oliver would shed tears over Malcolm's death. I might, but that's because I'm a much more shallow person.

2. Felicity: Pro: The editing certainly meant us to believe this; it would be a devastating heartbreaking twist. Con: The network, who I can't see agreeing to this. Also: Oliver's already had his Gwen Stacy. Also, although the funeral is presumably a few days after the death, I can't see Oliver being this stoic over Felicity's death, with just one tear, and given that Barry teared up more over Eddie and Ronnie, that was subdued for Barry, too. (Though I have no idea if the director told Gustin who he was mourning for.) Also, flowers, not rocks, at the gravestone.

3. Yet Another Star City mayor: Pro: Look, if you are reckless enough to run for the job at this point, you deserve it. Con: Not clear why Oliver would shed a tear over this completely expected death, or Barry would show up for it.

4. Quentin: Pro: He's over the CW demographic. Also, a new cop is getting brought in as a potential replacement. Oliver's tear for him is appropriate. And his joining Damien suggests that another redemption arc followed by death is coming. Con: Unless something else is going on (and it might be) it's not clear why Oliver would break his no-kill vow for someone who keeps being mean to him. Also, at this point, not clear why Barry would show up to this funeral, although of course crossovers could change that and it's not like it takes Barry too long to show up - this is basically a coffee break for him.

5. Thea: Pro: Oliver would break his no kill vow for her; he kinda already did. Con: We just saw this last season. Though that hasn't stopped Arrow before.

6. Laurel: Pro: Mostly outside the story reasons. We're entering season four and Laurel still remains an awkward fit and a a comparatively unpopular character, and upcoming episode descriptions do not make it sound as if this is going to improve much. Whatever the background reason is, it's a problem. Con: Not clear why Oliver would break his no kill rule for her.

7. Sara: Pro: She's used to dying by now. Why not die again. Con: Exactly no one would believe this death. No one.

8. Hawkman: Pro: His status on Legends, which is already very male dominated, seems a bit unclear. Con: Not at all clear why his funeral would be on Arrow, even if his first appearance is going to be on this show.

9. Ronnie: Pro: See the description for Sara. Con: See the description for Sara. Also, his further deaths should be on Legends or Flash.

10. Heatwave: Pro: Fans have been predicting his early death on LegendsCon: Which suggests he'll die on Legends. Also, no reason whatsoever for Oliver to be upset about this.

11. Donna Smoak: Pro: This show hates parents. Con: Donna Smoak's been a pretty popular character so far; Arrow might hesitate.

12. Dinah Lance: Pro: This show hates parents. Oliver's reaction is appropriate, even if he hasn't seen her for awhile. Con: Not at all clear that this would shove Oliver into a killing vow, plus, why is Barry there?

13. Amanda Waller: Pro: WHERE DO I BEGIN? Con: Arrow does not love me this much.

14. Lyla Diggle: Pro: Dramatic, a surprise, emotionally devastating; Barry would appear for this; Oliver's response is appropriate; and finally, Arrow has another stable relationship. Going after her killer together would restore the Oliver/Diggle bond.  Con: Would Arrow do this to Diggle? Would they? Well, the show is mean to everyone.

15. Oliver's kid. Pro: We could all get upset, because, kid, but not too upset since he's barely in the show. Since Oliver will have only known the kid for a few months, both the emotional reaction and motivation for Oliver are appropriate. And Arrow doesn't have to deal with having a kid on the show. Con: Hmm.

16. Mother of Oliver's kid: Pro: She's coming back this season; Oliver's reaction is appropriate. Con: Unless the kid has another set of grandparents, this leaves Arrow having to deal with a kid. As others have eloquently explained, having a kid on this show could be a major problem.

17. Roy: Pro: Well, he's off the show anyway right now.  Con: Well, he's off the show anyway right now. Also, this is like watching Sara die again and again, only it's watching Roy leave the show again and again.

18. Mister Terrific: Pro: Reactions are appropriate. Con: Arrow and Flash really seem to be trying to set up the Justice League, and Mister Terrific seems to be part of that. I don't know if he'll become a regular or anything, but I don't think he'll get killed off.

19. Vixen. Pro: Arrow does kill off women; Vixen might well be brought in as a counter to the mysticism stuff; Barry would show up; reaction is appropriate. Con: Please don't do this show. Just don't.

20: Sin: Pro: She hasn't been on the show for awhile, but she's popular and would get a big fan reaction. Con: Not at all clear why Barry would show up.

21. Those neighbors: Pro: Well, Oliver seemed to like them!  And assuming Damien is "he," Damien does seem to be the type of guy who will happily stroll through suburbia killing off people with an obsession with slow cookers! If it's Anarky, Anarky presumably hates suburbs in general. Works for everyone. Con: My sense is that we will never see them again, except maybe at a surprise appearance at the Oliver/Felicity wedding as the "ordinary" people in the show. Also, no reason for Barry to show up for this.

22. The incoming new cop: Pro: Cops die a lot in Star City, and we don't know what the fan reaction will be to this character. Con: What with launching Legends characters and everything else, it's not clear that Oliver will have time for too many scenes with this cop, let alone build up any sort of emotional bond. 

23. Oliver's flashback love interest: Pro: This might cheer up Oliver/Felicity fans. Con: That relationship is supposedly going to be the opposite of Oliver's current relationship, that is, bad. Very bad. So....yeah.

24. New character we haven't met yet. Pro: Allows everyone's favorite characters to stay around. Con: Same issue as with the incoming new cop.

22. Kermit the Frog: Pro: Presuming "he" is Damien, dude doesn't seem to like people in green. Or cheerful people. And what could be a bigger proof of absolute evil than killing off Kermit the Frog? I can easily see Oliver making a killing vow over this, if only to defend green people everywhere. Con: Kermit is on another network. Plus, I can't help thinking that in this scenario, Miss Piggy should be the one vowing revenge. So perhaps not. 

Who did I miss? I feel that I missed someone really obvious. Gonzo?

EDIT: RIGHT, I missed the most obvious and biggest emotional target of all - the Salmon Ladder! Oh, Arrow. You wouldn't. You wouldn't. Would you?

Edited by quarks
  • Love 11

In 401 Felicity says to Oliver that Quentin is "wrong, dead wrong." 

THERE I SOLVED IT. WE CAN ALL GO HOME. 

Edited by Guest

HAHA, that's one of the reasons I think it's him.

LOL. Me too. I was joking but also I wasn't? Haha.

I really do think it's Quentin. I hope it is too. Outside of this DD/teaming up with the villain arc this season, I don't see where else his story can go. Laurel would need something to in the latter half of the season, so his death would motivate her rather than her just being there. It's also a death that won't have a huge effect on the show moving forward, not like Felicity or Diggle's death which I think would ruin the show completely. Not to mention they've been hugely criticized for killing female characters and they need to stop.  

Edited by Guest

The thing that trips me up about Lance is Laurel. Not that I'm convinced there is all this evidence it's her, but one thing the WM did say is that Laurel would be heading into a  positive direction after her closure with Sara. So they give Laurel all this peace and then kill her Dad? I know no one really stays happy on Arrow, but another season of Laurel losing a family member? How depressing. Almost as depressing as Laurel then having no one to interact with but Team Arrow. ...I don't want.

A part of me still thinks this is just one big fake out for the crossover.

Edited by 10Eleven12
  • Love 1
23. Oliver's flashback love interest: Pro: This might cheer up Oliver/Felicity fans. Con: That relationship is supposedly going to be the opposite of Oliver's current relationship, that is, bad. Very bad. So....yeah.

Wait. But, if the flashback relationship is supposed to be the opposite of Oliver's current relationship with Felicity wouldn't FB love interest's death mean Felicity lives?

22. Kermit the Frog: Pro: Presuming "he" is Damien, dude doesn't seem to like people in green. Or cheerful people. And what could be a bigger proof of absolute evil than killing off Kermit the Frog? I can easily see Oliver making a killing vow over this, if only to defend green people everywhere. Con: Kermit is on another network. Plus, I can't help thinking that in this scenario, Miss Piggy should be the one vowing revenge. So perhaps not.

Miss Piggy and Kermit already broke up, though, so I don't think she'd be inclined to vow revenge. Especially since Kermit is, apparently, stepping out with Miss Piggy's (former?) friend now. Heh.

It must really suck to get your script, find out a character dies and then be told it could be yours. Clue: The Hollywood Edition.

Edited by 10Eleven12
  • Love 3

Wait. But, if the flashback relationship is supposed to be the opposite of Oliver's current relationship with Felicity wouldn't FB love interest's death mean Felicity lives?

Yes, but since the flashback love interest hasn't been so much as hinted at in three seasons (unlike the mysticism, which was hinted at in episodes 116, 208, 304 and later League of Assassins episodes, or the Bratva who have got to making an entrance at some point), I figured she was probably dead, or evil. In the first scenario, she's dead, so it's not her. In the second scenario, I'm not sure why Oliver would be upset and why Barry's attitude would be, ok, fine, not going to stop you from trying to kill the guy who killed her.

OK, death speculation time again, is it, with only three people (Oliver, Barry, Zoom) completely ruled out? I'm so here for this (rubbing hands together).

9. Ronnie: Pro: See the description for Sara. Con: See the description for Sara. Also, his further deaths should be on Legends or Flash.

As far as one can tell he's officially Dead Dead on the Flash- for the foreseeable future anyway

Especially since the new character Jay Jackson is apparently the new half of Firestorm, per a spoiler still that was posted a few weeks ago.. a bit of digging will bring the pics up either on Twitter or Tumblr. the Flash forum has it on their "Flash in the media" thread.

Edited by foreverevolving