Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

In 3x09 Quentin called the Arrow "the closest thing to a partner I've got these days", and he was actively helping the Arrow until he found out about Sara's death.  Even back in season 2, he didn't want confirmation that Oliver was the Arrow because he needed to be able to count on the Arrow to do what needed to be done and he couldn't do that if it was confirmed that it was Oliver.

So the lie about Sara didn't ruin just Laurel's relationship with her father, it ruined Oliver's and by extension all of Team Arrow's too.  We'll see what the condition is of Quentin's relationship with Laurel in the first episode but we know that it's still deep in the pits wrt Oliver.

• Love 5

Thanks. I've only been on here for over a year. Haha.

Took me awhile too. The only thing I can't figure out is how to set it so I don't even the users post when others quote them. Does anyone know how to do that or if it's even possible?

I wanna know how DD sending this other [lesser?] DD after Oliver and Dig somehow ends up with Felicity and the machine gun. Maybe Oliver and Dig butting heads ends up putting Felicity in danger?

I really hope she uses her loud voice.

I love her loud voice. 

If the new lair is under Palmer Tech maybe >DD is coming for Oliver and Diggle but runs into Felicity instead. Or DD> is supposed to be a tech guy, maybe he needs something at Palmer Tech and sends the minion.

Her relationship with Lance going down the drain versus Oliver getting outed as the vigilante and everyone else-- Felicity, Digg, and Roy-- getting threatened with jail for helping him (everyone except Laurel, I might add) is not even on the same scale of consequences.

Anyway, yes. I also need Felicity, Diggle, and Oliver to be not involved whatsoever with the Sara resurrection. Not even knowing about it and protesting. 

Because Ra's had no part to play in framing Oliver? That whole thing started because of the mayor getting killed.  

I'm surprised Double Down isn't mentioned at all. I'm looking to him based off of the bts Oliver/Diggle and Felicity/Curtis we got. Looking forward to some OTA action.

I was too, since they made an announcement about JRR Bourne being cast. I'm a little disappointed, actually, because it sounds like his character is only going to be in one episode, and is more of a minion than a villain-of-the-week. And he's going to be overshadowed by a much bigger storyline going on. 

Thanks. I've only been on here for over a year. Haha.

Believe me, it makes the forum experience so MUCH BETTER :) Happy "ignoring"!

Anyway, back on topic, I totally forgot about Double Down and didn't even connect him with the meta DD sends. So yeah, very curious now how he ends up going after Felicity. 

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 3

I can't seem to link right now, on iPad, but Tiffany (from TV Watchtower?) is tweeting some things about the episode. Something dark/ haunting happens and it's not to do with Felicity or Olicity. Also that Felicity is not bored to death but is trying to find a way to have it all. Sounds good to me.

Edited by Guest

Someone who works on The Flash posted an IG photo of what looks like four name cards: SA, DR, EBR and WH with C/O Arrow under each name. The comment for the picture: #TBT to the delivery of a little something something last week. #arrow #TheFlash #flarrow!

Not sure if it means anything.

I can't seem to link right now, on iPad, but Tiffany (from TV Watchtower?) is tweeting some things about the episode. Something dark/ haunting happens and it's not to do with Felicity or Olicity. Also that Felicity is not bored to death but is trying to find a way to have it all. Sounds good to me.

I was dreading her. She oversells everything and she finds some way to answer every question. LOL

I was dreading her. She oversells everything and she finds some way to answer every question. LOL

Haha, yeah, she was the one who said Olicity had a morning after scene in 320 and that was a blatant lie LOL. But the things she said seem okay so far. Just take everything with a grain of salt though!

Edited by Guest

And the ring is about Oliver wanting to share his life with Felicity. Both the past and present. In a season about Family a heirloom ring is a trope. 

Agree. In my head, I'm ok with the ring because he wants to share the good memories of his mother with FS. It wasn't always bad times, even the Queen marriage seemed to have good moments. The infidelity is usually not a good thing, but it seems like the Queens marriage was not all bad times. And sadly, life never gave the opportunity for FS & MQ to actually meet each other and get to know each other. But I'm sure over the summer, OQ has shared some of his more special moments with FS (or at least that is what I want to believe) so it will be about love/family not melodrama that occured between them

I'm a little behind on the spoilers - is it definitely MQ's engagement ring or is it just a ring from the Dearden/Queen collection? It also could be a ring that has passed through many generations of Queen/Dearden women. So I think the idea is a nice touch.

I have no idea what she is saying. But I never found her reliable and she seems to have her own personal interpretation of whatever she watches, which isn't always accurate.

Going back to the ring for a bit, but hey -- Laurel Brown says someone else [besides Oliver] knows about the proposal:

https://twitter.com/DocBrown_TV/status/649766082870312960

Thea, most likely?

Yeah, it's probably her. If we were in a pre-321 world, I'd say Dig. There's also Donna, but I doubt she gets mentioned in the premiere. On the flip side, it could be Darhk. Maybe it's intel he gathers.

PB posted pictures of him and KC with the Lazarus Pit, from when they were filming 305. My guess is there are two trips to NP, one is 303 that's just Laurel and Thea, and one in 305, probably with Constantine.

If that results in Malcolm being stuck with crazy Sara wrecking havoc on NP over the course of 404 and the league members starting to revolt against him because he has no clue how to control her, I would not be opposed to that.

Agree. In my head, I'm ok with the ring because he wants to share the good memories of his mother with FS. It wasn't always bad times, even the Queen marriage seemed to have good moments. The infidelity is usually not a good thing, but it seems like the Queens marriage was not all bad times. And sadly, life never gave the opportunity for FS & MQ to actually meet each other and get to know each other. But I'm sure over the summer, OQ has shared some of his more special moments with FS (or at least that is what I want to believe) so it will be about love/family not melodrama that occured between them

I'm a little behind on the spoilers - is it definitely MQ's engagement ring or is it just a ring from the Dearden/Queen collection? It also could be a ring that has passed through many generations of Queen/Dearden women. So I think the idea is a nice touch.

I didn't see anything that specifically stated that it was an engagement ring, though I imagine it will be. I doubt they'll lose time to explain which exact ring it is (oh, it's the solitaire that dad bought mom after she gave birth to Ollie). After all, people attach different meanings to those. Prince William gave Kate his mother's engagement ring and her marriage was pretty sucky, but I imagine he did it because of what his mother meant to him.
  • Love 5

I didn't see anything that specifically stated that it was an engagement ring, though I imagine it will be. I doubt they'll lose time to explain which exact ring it is (oh, it's the solitaire that dad bought mom after she gave birth to Ollie). After all, people attach different meanings to those. Prince William gave Kate his mother's engagement ring and her marriage was pretty sucky, but I imagine he did it because of what his mother meant to him.

Thanks! This example is exactly what I thought about when MQ's ring was mentioned.

• Love 1

There a mention about "not even Walter Steele wanting to be mayor" in Spoilers Only. Do we actually get to see him in the premiere? *crossesfingers* I'd be thrilled for even a mention because that would give me hope that we'll see him further down in the season. And people he has ties to could all use his help - Oliver with running for mayor, Felicity with running a company, Thea with the crazy.

• Love 2

After reading all the spoilers I do believe that they will get engaged at some point. It wouldn't even surprise me if it still happens in the premiere. 

I really want to see where Thea lives. My guess is, she lives with Laurel. I just don't see her living in the lair or with Diggle. 

Regarding this statement: “We don’t ever bring in the comic book elements just to bring in comic book elements,” he assures. “We don’t sit here with a checklist. I think a lot of fans think that we’ve got a checklist of the comic book tropes, like the chili, and the jokes, and the romance with Black Canary, and go ‘okay, we’ve got that, we’ve got that, we’ve got that.’ It’s really just like we’ve got the comics in the back of our mind… we know where we’re headed with the character. The comic books are there as inspiration, but not as a to-do list.” http://www.ksitetv.com/interviews-2/arrow-executive-producers-preview-season-4/79578/

Isn't that just slightly untrue? Oliver's new costume looks like the comics. The city name change is in line with the comics. The joking aspect was said to be part of this season. The romance with BC happened in Season 1 (no matter how flat it fell, it was part of the S1 storyline)  

While I do believe they see it this way, I just think that they always have to defend themselves when they think outside the box and therefore they tick boxes even though they might not see it as a big deal.

What I am really looking forward to seeing is how Oliver and Digg resolve their issues. Hopefully it will be beautiful because their relationship deserves it. 

Laurel once again has a storyline that revolves around her sister. Not like we have not seen that one before. But I really want to know why she now thinks it is a good idea to put Sara in the pit. The explanation I came up with is that she probably did not know what happened with Thea, finds out about it and wants to bring her sister back and because she rarely listens to reason, she goes and does it. Sara comes back, ends up killing Nyssa and everyone will figure out she has no soul left. Constantine will swoop in and get her soul, Sara will be devastated and will have no problem leaving her family behind again because she feels that she cannot stay. 

Or something like that :-) 

• Love 3

I wonder if this will be mentioned in the premiere: Exactly what kind of life have Felicity and Oliver created outside of Starling? They live in the suburbs, nice home, two-car garage, apparently have brunches with the neighbors. But what do they do exactly? How do they fill their days? Do the neighbors know the Oliver who jogs and says hi to them and plays with their kids is THE Oliver Queen from Starling? How does Felicity spend her days? I'm really curious. I hope this is raised and answered in the premiere — probably not — because I want a better sense of what they are giving up in going back to Starling.

• Love 5

I kinda hope they haven't been settled for long, but it's more because I like the idea of their traveling around the world to have taken at least a couple of months.

Although I don't expect they'll explain anything. Hee.

WM said that Laurel resurrecting Sara was good for Laurel. How? By giving her sister yet another trauma to overcome. Is it good for her because she still getting her revenge for Sara hooking up with Oliver?

I hope they don't have Sara kill Nyssa. Sara's been through enough. And if she does I don't see how Sara can ever forgive Laurel for bringing her back to life to kill the woman she loves. Now I do hope the Laurel and Constantine scene is him yelling at her for messing with things she doesn't understand. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 1

WM said that Laurel resurrecting Sara was good for Laurel. 

But is it good for Sara?  

As a Sara fan I'm happy to have her back...although I really, really wished they never KILLED her in the first place.  But, how is being brought back from the peacefulness of death into another war good for Sara?  

I'm really curious to see how they attempt to spin this as anything other than selfish. 

• Love 4

I kinda hope they haven't been settled for long, but it's more because I like the idea of their traveling around the world to have taken at least a couple of months.

Although I don't expect they'll explain anything. Hee.

I like that idea, too :) But that still leaves us with three months. And that home they have, unless it came furnished, looked definitely settled. But yeah, I don't think we'll get anything. The writers probably consider showing the breakfast banter and the brunch enough details for the non-Starling life. Oh, another thing that we'll never hear about but I'm interested in: finances. Stephen joked he has a "sugar mama" in Felicity but I do hope we get a better sense of who's funding what. Oh, who am I kidding, we'll probably get the info as a throwaway line on LOT :P

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 2

But is it good for Sara?  

As a Sara fan I'm happy to have her back...although I really, really wished they never KILLED her in the first place.  But, how is being brought back from the peacefulness of death into another war good for Sara?  

I'm really curious to see how they attempt to spin this as anything other than selfish. 

I'm thrilled that Sara's back.  And you are right they never said it was a good thing for Sara. From we've heard it's a horrible thing for Sara. She needs a mystic to bring back her soul. I just fail to see how this is going to be a good thing for sister relationship. Yes, Sara's alive but she's going to be even more messed up then she was before and this time it's Laurel's fault. 

If that results in Malcolm being stuck with crazy Sara wrecking havoc on NP over the course of 404 and the league members starting to revolt against him because he has no clue how to control her, I would not be opposed to that.

Haha, I actually would love that. Sara just kicking ass all over Nanda Parbat. 

WM said that Laurel resurrecting Sara was good for Laurel. How? 

I gives Laurel a storyline.

Honestly it is the one thing about Laurel that I have a mild interest in. I don't care about the motorbike, her relationship with Quentin or her balancing being a newbie vigilante, with her supposed career. I will pay attention because I interested in how they will fix the mistake (IMO) of killing Sara and having Laurel SWF her.

• Love 4

They may try to spin it as Laurel helping both Thea and Sara. Or they may not go past the whole Laurel just loves her sister so much she will bring her back from the dead. Everyone knows that Sara is back and she goes off to a spin-off so they may not care to much about making sure the details are right. 

I'm still at a lost about Laurel. The whole closure element makes no sense to me. Oliver and Laurel had the whole I'm sorry and we can never go back conversation at the start of S2. Laurel and Sara had the conversation about Laurel 'drowning' and then they had their bonding. IIRC it was around the time she got somber. That was all closure with in the Oliver - Sara - Laurel triangle. I don't understand rehashing that. It sounds like they couldn't be bother to come up with anything else.

Edited by 10Eleven12
  • Love 4

They better have Sara's soul be in limbo or hell or something. I'm not here for them pulling a Buffy and having her ripped out of heaven. Laurel had come to peace with Saras death, she's honored her, moved on, if they don't do this justice imma have to go all lima heights on MG/wendy.

I'm wondering if they will address Dinah during all of this since she doesn't seem to show up at all thus far.

Edited by Primal Slayer

Unless they have Rip Hunter make a special visit to Laurel and tell her that the world needs Sara Lance, I don't think I will accept any reason for digging up Sara's body, even though I know I have to. And of course they're going to spin it as something that's not selfish and that Laurel is doing it for others, but it would help if the actions also said that but they suggest otherwise, IMO. 

I think I'm just gonna have to ignore what happens and focus on the end result - Sara's coming back. 

Except she didn't get off scot free, her relationship with her father went down the drain. 

Well yeah he was angry with her but he didn't choose to set up a manhunt to capture her despite knowing of her being a vigilante. As far as I recall, even though he was upset with her, at worst he stayed away from her and said he needed a break. All his furor, all his rage and vitriol was directed squarely at Oliver, who merely honoured LL's decision not to tell her father the truth of Sara's death.

Then even when it was happening at no point did we see LL (or anyone else to be quite honest) step forward to clarify that it was not Oliver's decision to keep the truth about Sara from QL, so if that was the root of Quentin's anger (as the show seemed to suggest) then it was definitely directed at the wrong person. She made the decision and had to deal with her father being angry with her for a while, Oliver supported that decision and as a result his life, his freedom and his secret identity were at risk. 

Furthermore, from what I've seen of the spoilers so far, in s4 QL's fatherly affection for LL is going to mean that he's going to be getting over however perturbed he was with her much sooner than any olive branch is going to be extended Oliver's way. 

This entire Storyline did LL no favours and the stupid thing is had Quentin been told that Oliver protected MM, who was in fact responsible for SL's death I would've understood his rage and the fact that it was directed at Oliver, from what we've seen on screen though, QL just seems disproportionately angry with Oliver but s3 seems to have been the season of stupid. Here's hoping they've learned their lesson for all of our sake.

Edited by lexicon
  • Love 9

This is the episode when Double Down appears right? I am not going near the crazy part of that episode description.

I'm really surprised that the 403 synopsis makes no mention of Double Down.  I hope they haven't switched episode numbers on us.

WM said that Laurel resurrecting Sara was good for Laurel. How? By giving her sister yet another trauma to overcome. Is it good for her because she still getting her revenge for Sara hooking up with Oliver?

The TV Guide article said that Laurel will be the one who benefits the most from Sara's resurrection. Per WM, Sara's resurrection gives Laurel a "second chance" at having a better relationship with her sister, that her journey this year is tied a lot to her sister, that Laurel is a "key player" in the decision to resurrect Sara, that Sara's moving to LoT will give Laurel a bit more of the Arrow spotlight, and that "with Sara coming back and then moving on to go on her own journey, we have the potential to change the dynamic there in a really positive way for Laurel. [We] kind of put the past to rest." (TV Guide article)

I like the idea that Oliver planned to give Felicity his mother's ring.  Like others here, I also thought of Prince William giving his mother's engagement ring to Kate.  It wasn't about his parent's bad marriage.  It was about giving a treasured memento belonging to a woman he deeply loved (his mother) to another woman he deeply loves (his hoped-for wife).  As for Thea, she probably inherited all of Moira's other jewelry.

Edited by tv echo

I'm spiritual and I would want to bring my lost ones back to life though it would be a hard decision since my mom was in a lot of pain before she died. But we know more about what was causing her pain now so yeah conflicted. I get Laurel wanting that after seeing Thea alive and living her life. Laurel isn't going to see Thea's crazy moments as a bad thing. She's still alive. 

What I fear is Sara going crazy and attacking Laurel(it was her choice to LP Sara like it was Oliver with Thea). I fear Nyssa will die saving Laurel from Sara. That would be doing horrible things for all 3 women. So yeah worse case scenario >.<

The 4x03 synopsis mentions a metahuman, doesn't it? I'm guessing that's Double Down.

Well, I'm glad unearthing and reanimating Sara's corpse will be good for Laurel. Put the past to rest and never bring it up again because it is so, so gross.

• Love 2

By all apparent appearances, they had a good relationship at the time of Sara's death and they had put the past to rest. It sounds like Sara comes back to make Laurel a happy character. This leads to Oliver and Laurel fixing their friendship too. They probably looked at the board and realized that Oliver is BFF with the man who murdered Sara and kept that truth and alliance from Laurel, lying to her face. It's crazy these two would ever be good friends so let's bring Sara back and have Laurel go to the murderer for help. Even the playing field. It's ridiculous. 

The bit about the Arrow spotlight amused me. It's like Sara's shadow as Black Canary hung so heavy Laurel can't truly be BC until Sara moves on. 

• Love 5

She has a second chance at traumatizing her sister even more? Okay, good to know.

I've made peace with your death by stealing your life and girlfriend, but I'm going to dig up your dead body and drag it half way around the world to be thrown in magic waters by the man that killed you, which in turn it going to make you a crazy soulless person that needs a mystic to get your soul back, then I'm going to tell you to go help a bunch of other heroes and bad guys to stop an immortal mad man. You're welcome, Sara. 

• Love 6

You're right.  The 403 synopsis does mention a metahuman.

I interpret WM's comments about Sara and Laurel this way - Sara's Canary has overshadowed Laurel's BC the past two seasons.  So the EPs really want to separate out and disconnect Sara's Canary from Arrow by putting good closure on the sisters' relationship and moving Sara over to LoT.  Then we're only left with Laurel's BC on Arrow and, with time, they probably hope that we'll forget all about Sara's Canary ever being on Arrow and that whenever someone mentions BC, we'll only think of Laurel.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 6

The TV Guide article said that Laurel will be the one who benefits the most from Sara's resurrection. Per WM, Sara's resurrection gives Laurel a "second chance" at having a better relationship with her sister, that her journey this year is tied a lot to her sister, that Laurel is a "key player" in the decision to resurrect Sara, that Sara's moving to LoT will give Laurel a bit more of the Arrow spotlight, and that "with Sara coming back and then moving on to go on her own journey, we have the potential to change the dynamic there in a really positive way for Laurel. [We] kind of put the past to rest." (TV Guide article)

Sounds like Sara's resurrection was intended to be all about Laurel and her issues, even though it's not perceived that way by fans. Remember Laurel's first reaction to Sara's death: "Ollie, it's not fair! We just got her back, it's not fair!" So it's plausible that Laurel brings back Sara simply because she learns about the Lazarus Pits and its properties, and realizes that it's her chance to have her sister in her life again, not considering the implications of resurrecting someone that died violently and has been in the ground for a year. The bread and butter of the show is the characters making grand gestures and then dealing with unintended consequences, so now it's Laurel's turn (again).

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 3

Oh, they're totally gonna have Sara tell Laurel that it was always her ~destiny to be Black Canary.

I'm gonna laugh so hard, I can barely wait.

Yep, I'm confident that will be happening. "Sure, take my name that means something to me but absolutely nothing to you."

It's frustrating to me that they are repeating this storyline and making characters stupid in the process. I was hoping Sara's return would be more interesting than more Laurel "I should think about a shrink" Lance issues. Now I'm perfectly happy to wait until LOT to see Sara.

I'm also trying to not get my hopes up that Laurel is going to have a reduced role again in 4b. I was expecting something on Laurel's 4b storyline and all I got was Laurel's journey is tied to Sara's. Well Sara and Laurel get closure and she is gone by mid-season. My current theory: Quentin is getting the big Lance storyline in 4b. That's where Laurel is going to be.

• Love 1

Yes, I would bet money on Sara giving Laurel her blessing and telling her something like "you've always had a light inside you that I never had."  Probably some "you were always headed toward this mask" as well.

I know they are trying to spin this whole thing as Laurel's story and her time to shine, but it really sounds like she's going to be a side-participant in Sara's story.

Edited by SonofaBiscuit
  • Love 4

It's good she didn't steal her life or her woman. She and Nyssa bonded over their love for Sara but they never pulled an Oliver and started a relationship. And she used The Canary image to "strike fear" in the heart of criminals for a couple of episodes.

I am so annoyed by the writers apparently not having Laurel learned anything last season in both moving on and her friendship with Nyssa. I can never Laurel going to Malcolm for anything unless it was a current life/death situation with the team or Q, even then i see her being reluctant about it. But i guess we are suppose to have amnesia in that aspect of both charecters.

They really should've just had Rip, rip Sara out of the past. So much less mess to deal with.

Edited by Primal Slayer
  • Love 2

I don't know, can they really shit all of Sara in order to prop up Laurel on Arrow?  Yes, they did it in S3 but that was when Sara was an already tossed away character.  Now, Sara is being brought back to life to help launch LoT.  I don't think they can treat Sara as the throw away character.  While I don't expect them to trash Laurel for Sara, I think you're going to end up with more of a mutual appreciation society.

• Love 2

The only thing that makes sense is that they're giving Sara's resurrection to Laurel to give Laurel something to do.  There are several far more sensible ways to bring back Sara: Rip Hunter goes back in time right after Sara was buried and digs her up bc he knew he needed her for LoT; Thea does it because she can't live with the guilt or is being haunted; Malcolm does it because he wants to get Nyssa on his side or just keep her distracted; or DD does it because he wants to create chaos.  Instead of any of those perfectly reasonable explanations, they have Laurel do it because she's selfish and won't just let her sister be.  I really think they just know they need to give Laurel something to do because Laurel can't be integrated organically.

• Love 8

I'm expecting the whole "always trying to save the world" bit but I'm also expecting Laurel to tell Sara the world needs her out fighting the good fight. Lots of sisterly love.

I'm most looking forward to the opportunity for some OTA action with Thea and Laurel gone. JR is great actor so I'm hoping his appearance is more in line with the original Count and not 2.0. I've said it before, but I love the idea of DD pulling varied resources instead of the run-of-the-mill assassins. And he seemed to work with all the players so I'm excited to see Felicity in on the action. Plus Oliver and Diggle get some needed alone time. Things to look forward too.  

• Love 1

The really cynical side of me thinks TPTB are perfectly aware that when they write Laurel doing dumb shit, the response is louder in every way. Specially considering MG has stated they got a lot of story out of Oliver doing dumb shit. Maybe this is Laurel's time in the dumb shit chair.

Also -- the sisterly bond thing is the one piece of info that gives me hope that they WON'T kill Nyssa.

• Love 2
(edited)

The only thing that makes sense is that they're giving Sara's resurrection to Laurel to give Laurel something to do.  There are several far more sensible ways to bring back Sara: Rip Hunter goes back in time right after Sara was buried and digs her up bc he knew he needed her for LoT; Thea does it because she can't live with the guilt or is being haunted; Malcolm does it because he wants to get Nyssa on his side or just keep her distracted; or DD does it because he wants to create chaos.  Instead of any of those perfectly reasonable explanations, they have Laurel do it because she's selfish and won't just let her sister be.  I really think they just know they need to give Laurel something to do because Laurel can't be integrated organically.

I have to agree (mostly).  I think all of those would have been infinitely more interesting storytelling  Especially DD doing it to mess with GA/TA.  I also like the idea of MM doing it to manipulate Nyssa or TA/GA or hell as straight up punishment because Sara was trying to bring him back to Ra's.  I never warmed to the idea of Rip Hunter doing some timey/whimey stuff because Future!!.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

The only thing that makes sense is that they're giving Sara's resurrection to Laurel to give Laurel something to do. There are several far more sensible ways to bring back Sara: Rip Hunter goes back in time right after Sara was buried and digs her up bc he knew he needed her for LoT; Thea does it because she can't live with the guilt or is being haunted; Malcolm does it because he wants to get Nyssa on his side or just keep her distracted; or DD does it because he wants to create chaos. Instead of any of those perfectly reasonable explanations, they have Laurel do it because she's selfish and won't just let her sister be. I really think they just know they need to give Laurel something to do because Laurel can't be integrated organically.

All of those would be so much better, even then they could have Laurel step up to help her sister through all of this and bringing her into the fold.

But Rip Hunter is literally all about timey wimey stuff.  And I don't want her returned to the moment of her death after; that would be depressing.  But if he just goes back in time, digs her up, tosses her in the LP, nobody in the past would have known she wasn't still rotting there.  It would make a great deal more sense than Laurel digging her up...especially because not to be totally gross, but a year later Sara would pretty much be bone soup.  She couldn't even drag her anywhere.

The really cynical side of me thinks TPTB are perfectly aware that when they write Laurel doing dumb shit, the response is louder in every way. Specially considering MG has stated they got a lot of story out of Oliver doing dumb shit. Maybe this is Laurel's time in the dumb shit chair.

Yes but the key difference is everybody, including Oliver himself, acknowledges that he has done and continues to do dumb shit. When it comes to Ms. Lance, that is yet to happen and frankly after the way that her decision not to tell QL about Sara was handled, I hold out little hope that it ever will

• Love 4

I'm intrigued that Tiffany V (forget her last name) mentioned a "haunting" scene in 401.  It's the same wording that PB used about the final scene in 401, which i think involves Lance/DD.  We also have the bad guys working for DD as "Ghosts".  Granted they're alive and not actual Ghosts - why else would they need cyonide teeth?  However, given the use of magic and mysticism in this season so I'm wondering if there's something actually haunting about that scene?  Like when DD walks out, everyone is killed by "ghosts" and then Lance is resurrected and forced to work with/for DD?  

I hate the idea of DD having Mind Control or the ability to "thrall" his enemies.  However, the idea of the big bad using magic to bind people's ghosts/essence to the resurrected bodies and controlling them through his will/magic is very creepy and makes for a good Big Bad, IMO.  Granted, a lot of this is based on my love for Jade Empire (fantastic game).