Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Yeah, the casting info for the mother indicated that she would do anything for her daughter, but I always figured that said more about the mother than it did about the girl. I figured her daughter would be someone who either was in trouble or got in trouble, and mom would do something illegal/morally questionable to get her out of it. 

I don't think the casting Announcement mentioned the daughter. The rumored actress isn't a big name and no casting announcement for her. That's why I wanted info.

Huh. I don't know where I got that from. I thought it was something released early but now that I'm thinking about it, I don't know. I remember the early release for Jeri Ryan's character said she'd do anything to protect her daughter. Did the casting announcement for Jeri Ryan mention her daughter?

(edited)

I just checked TV Echo's posts and the only mention of lasting effect is from 4chan.  They've made a big deal out of Jeri Ryan's daughter in relation to Jeri's character.  So I can see the daughter dying.

Jessica Danforth (f/k/a "Patty") (part 16 of 23)
-- New character named "Patty" will be introduced. She will be a 50something, longtime friend of Moira's and a candidate for Mayor.  She was once close to Oliver and Thea. (TVLine article, page 18 of Spoilers thread)
-- "Patty" is deeply committed to Starling City and willing to risk her life to stand up for the people.  She is also a mother and cares for her daughter above all else.  (Eonline article, page 18 of Spoilers thread)
-- Jeri Ryan has been cast to play Jessica Danforth in 4x02, a friend of the Queen family. "Her political ambitions will place her in the crosshairs of a menacing antagonist."  (Access Hollywood article, page 18 of Spoilers thread and page 560 of Spoiler Discussion thread)
Episode 4x02 The Candidate
-- Per MG, Billy Joel song for 4x02 would be "Got to Begin Again." (MG tumblr post, page 19 of Spoilers thread)
-- Remember, this is the episode that will feature the debuts of Mr. Terrific (Echo Kellum), Anarky (Alexander Calvert), and Jessica Danforth (Jeri Ryan).
-- Oliver must protect philantrophist Jessica Danforth, an old friend of his mother Moira Queen who is running for Mayor of Starling City, from Lonnie Marchin, a psychotic terrorist-for-hire also known as "Anarky", employed by Darhk to wreak havoc in Star City. (4chan info, page 19 of Spoilers thread)
-- A wealthy humanitarian and old friend of Moira Queen who decides to run for Mayor of Starling City. Jessica is deeply committed to her city and willing to risk her life to stand up for the people, but her political ambitions put her on the crosshairs of dangerous adversaries. (4chan info, page 19 of Spoilers thread)
-- Jessica Danforth's daughter, Madison (played by Tiera Skovbye), supports her mother in her political endeavors and will have lasting impact in Oliver's life. (4chan info, page 19 of Spoilers thread)

Edited by Morrigan2575

The only spoilers I recall about the daughter are in relation to her mother. I don't remember anything mentioned about Oliver. However, I remember reading the blurb and thinking the wording could apply to Oliver/Thea or the Mother. Maybe someone else did too?

If Jessica Danforth's political ambitions put her in the crosshairs of some kind of villain that winds up targeting her daughter for whatever reason, and Oliver is a) running for political office and b) finding out about his kid this season, then I can definitely see the daughter getting killed for plot purposes.

So maybe Jeri Ryan's daughter is hurt or killed or even just threatened, causing her to drop out of the race, and then Oliver jumps in? I'd rather have the Oliver-mayor storyline than another half-sister, so I'm okay with that.

• Love 2

So I just did some quick Google research and found these additional scraps on Jessica Danforth's daughter...

Jeri Ryan will play Jessica Danforth, who may not actually be a villain, to be fair. This may be the same character from an earlier leaked casting description:

"a mayoral candidate who is deeply committed to her city and willing to risk her life to stand up for the people...a peer and an old friend of the late Moira Queen, and was once close with Oliver and Thea. She is also a mother, and cares for her daughter above all else."

So, who could that daughter be?

http://www.denofgeek.us/tv/arrow/244284/arrow-season-4-news-everything-you-need-to-know

ANONYMOUS 10 AUGUST 2015, 15:31
[image]
Tiera Skovbye is playing Madison Danforth, daughter of philantrophist Jessica Danforth (Jeri Ryan), an old friend of Moira Queen who decides to run for Mayor of Starling City. The character is said to be a version of a classic DC Comics character and have lasting impact on Oliver's life.

http://co4chan.com/thread/74763988/arrow-adds-three-new-characters.html

Originally Posted by luis4u  View Post
Arrow Season 4 | Casting Spoiler - Canadian Model Tiera Skovbye

Has 23yr old Canadian model and actress Tiera Skovbye been cast in Arrow as Madison Danforth, daughter of Jessica Danforth played by Jeri Ryan?

Probably yes. And most likely you’ll see her in episode 4.02 The Candidate.
Tiera has been in a range of TV movies, as well as playing the part of Young Bela in Supernatural.

They said this girl would be important.

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?p=31988699

Anonymous Mon 10 Aug 2015 19:13:31 No.74764022 Report
Quoted By: >>74764176 >>74764358 >>74764760 >>74764952 >>74765276
Tiera Skovbye is playing Madison Danforth, daughter of philantrophist Jessica Danforth (Jeri Ryan), an old friend of Moira Queen who decides to run for Mayor of Starling City. The character is said to be a version of a classic DC Comics character and have lasting impact on Oliver's life.

https://archive.moe/co/thread/74763988/

Edited by tv echo

I think the casting call for the "Patty" character that turned out to be Jessica Danforth is the only thing we can trust about the daughter:

http://www.eonline.com/news/668183/spoiler-chat-scoop-on-pretty-little-liars-teen-wolf-arrow-x-files-the-affair-and-more

The CW comic book show is getting some star power next season! Arrow is currently looking to cast a big name for the guest-starring role of Patty, a mayoral candidate who is deeply committed to her city and willing to risk her life to stand up for the people. Described as a female in her 50s-early 60s, Patty is a peer and an old friend of the late Moira Queen, and was once close with Oliver and Thea. She is also a mother, and cares for her daughter above all else…any guesses as to who that daughter is?

Everything else, including Tiera Skovbye's casting, is educated spec at this point.

• Love 1

I tried to find her in the comics with no luck. I wish I read more. They didn't have a vast collection at the library when I was young. I read what I found. Mostly Superman and Marval. I've been reading info sites out the wazoo the past year and reading the comics I found (And bought quite a few) tring to get as much info as I could on comic characters and their history. It's been entertaining but slow so my comic knowledge isn't big :(

Edited by tarotx

I cannot remember if it's from Arrow or from a previous fandom but I remember that 4chan's spoilers have been sketchy in the past, like more wishful thinking than actual spoilers.

If Sara hadn't said in 3x01 that she could listen in to their comms and they all need code names, I'd shrug at WM saying that Felicity won't get one.  Do they watch their own show?  Maybe they could find someone to keep a continuity book for them.

I wonder if we're making a big assumption that SA's comment about Felicity not being the only woman in Oliver's life this season referred to his flashback love interest.  WM has said that they already know how S4 is going to end and what will happen to all the characters by the end of S4.  SA usually has more advance knowledge of what's going to happen in a season than other cast members.  So I wonder if it was a real spoiler - that the EPs do plan to introduce a new present-day love interest for Oliver later this season, which will lead to the break-up of Oliver & Felicity.  (I would hate that, btw.)

I seem to recall WM saying in one of the interviews that with all the problems they had last season, Oliver and Felicity wouldn't be breaking up in s4 but they will face obstacles.  But who knows with these EPs?  They could change their minds by Christmas.

I'd love to see Evil Twin Oliver seducing Felicity.  It would be so campy, and I bet SA would love it.

• Love 1

I cannot remember if it's from Arrow or from a previous fandom but I remember that 4chan's spoilers have been sketchy in the past, like more wishful thinking than actual spoilers.

4chan and reddit can be hit or miss.  Reddit had the Moira's death spoiler (which I believe originated on 4chan) and the casting information about 219 where scenes took place at "star labs" and who was on the list for filming at that location.

4chan had the spoiler last year about Thea being Sara's killer.  Which turned out to be real but could have been a fake as the person was claiming the reveal scene just got filmed and that was around 213 filming.  

• Love 1

She is in what looks to be a work dress, so I bet she's telling him he should get back out there and be the best vigilante he can be! (Tired of her giving him pep talks, but if this is another I'll let it pass this once.)

• Love 1

-- Jessica Danforth's daughter, Madison (played by Tiera Skovbye), supports her mother in her political endeavors and will have lasting impact in Oliver's life. (4chan info, page 19 of Spoilers thread)

Maybe we are just misreading it or it was written not quite right. Maybe it should be: "Madison supports her mother in her political endeavors and 'they' will have lasting impact on Oliver's life". (Meaning the political endeavors not the person) Or maybe it's Madison's support of her mother's political endeavors that has lasting impact on Oliver and inspires him to pick up where Moira left off.

In the first two seasons I would have laughed at this. Post Flash and season three, I'm nodding my head and going, very possible, very possible, Amell would probably love to play his evil clone.

. Oh please let there be frogs somehow involved. Please,please,please. Edited by BkWurm1

I hate you people. :) (still not over watching Teri Hatcher eat frogs)

Ha, ha,ha, ha. ;D

Now I want a flashback where he is starving and has to subsist on frogs. Not sure why he'd be eating them raw though.

• Love 2

OMG I am being a total fangirl over that picture right now. HANDS. Now I just need him to gently tug her into his lap and I'll be done for! I'm so easily pleased.

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 6

OMG I am being a total fangirl over that picture right now. HANDS. Now I just need him to gently tug her into his lap and I'll be done for! I'm so easily pleased.

He needs to tug her onto his lap, she needs to wrap her arms around his neck, they need to kiss, and then maybe finish it off with a forehead touch. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 12

Haha this fanboy was thinking the same way!

He needs to tug her onto his lap, she needs to wrap her arms around his neck, then need to kiss, and then maybe finish it off with a forehead touch.

Yes please!!

• Love 2

He needs to tug her onto his lap, she needs to wrap her arms around his neck, they need to kiss, and then maybe finish it off with a forehead touch. 

Well now I'm dead. Ghost me says thanks.

• Love 1

According to MG twitter there's a rough cut of the S04 trailer.

the twitter post is from 10 hours ago, FYI.

and I just watched the rough cut of the Arrow Season 4 trailer. Oh boy...
— Marc Guggenheim (@mguggenheim)

ETA: seriously is there no proper way to add twitter posts on this website?! I am not gonna cut and paste a pic of it.

Edited by foreverevolving

Assuming the trailer was finished yesterday, does anyone have an idea on how long it generally takes to hit the airwaves?

Of course that is assuming they aren't working on a deadline which they probably are.

Regarding them releasing a picture of Olicity first, out of ciriousity I went through the accounts timeline and they also released the first photo from the The Flash. The Flash was a group shot. It was released at least 24 hours before the Olicity pic and it had a third of the RTs/FAVs. I know that Arrow still has a bigger fandom right now, but The Flash isn't small and that's a big difference.

Love it or hate it, they wanted buzz and they got it.

• Love 2

At this point, I'm inclined to believe that the CW has marketing research numbers that tell them they can comfortably sell Arrow = the Oliver/Felicity show. Marketing is always about getting new viewers, so they probably have stats that show O/F is what makes them reach potential new audience members.

• Love 7

I definitely get why they use Olicity to promote the show. Olicity has the loudest and biggest fanbase. It doesn't make me excited to watch the show since I'm not a shipper. But marketing is all about reaching your biggest audience and generating the loudest buzz. They are doing their jobs correctly. 

• Love 4

Advertisement is also about energizing the current fans. Olicity shippers were very active in the spring and Summer. The tptb want to keep them that excited in their fall preview advertisement.

Let's also remember Olicity is how Oliver Queen needed season 3. He's the main character and his story being pushed in the advertisement isn't unexpected imo.

At this point, I'm inclined to believe that the CW has marketing research numbers that tell them they can comfortably sell Arrow = the Oliver/Felicity show. Marketing is always about getting new viewers, so they probably have stats that show O/F is what makes them reach potential new audience members.

Yup, that's my thinking as well. That photo appeared on TV Guide and even the blurb about it highlighted Olicity. This is not for "online fangirls," this is a magazine that has a pretty wide national reach.

• Love 4

Advertisement is also about energizing the current fans. Olicity shippers were very active in the spring and Summer. The tptb want to keep them that excited in their fall preview advertisement.

My ~social media expert~ friends talk about "replication" a lot, it's pretty funny. So you're only the target of any social media marketing as a potential message replicator. Meaning, you're only good for them if you're gonna retweet/repost/reblog the content. Especially during hiatus, when the potential of getting new viewers via binge-watching is higher. So yes, they'll post content that maximizes replication.

...Now I wanna watch the Replicator episodes of the Stargates.

• Love 2

I wouldn't worry at all that the trailer will be Olicity-centric. I'm positive that it will feature the entire cast. That being said, I can completely understand why the teasers so far have revolved around Olicity--because it elicits the biggest media and social media reaction for good and bad. Fans of the couple retweet and reblog like crazy which = promotion. Likewise, when the haters complain on social media...they're still creating buzz for that which they hate (and ironically only perpetuate the likelihood they'll see even more Olicity promotion). The CW wins either way.

My guess as to the content of the trailer: it's going to follow the same pattern as in years past by focusing on the Big Bad. There's been way too much media attention around the show scoring Neal McDonough as Damien Darhk not to exploit that. I think they'll start out showing the current team struggling to fight him and have the climax center around Oliver deciding that he must return to the team in order to face the Big Bad. I'm sure there will be some brief Olicity mentions, but I highly doubt it will be more than mere seconds which is consistent with how the show has operated since the beginning. Even S3 Olicity content was pretty miniscule as compared to the whole, despite what people may believe.

Edited by NumberCruncher
  • Love 9

I wonder who actually picked that photo to use with the MG quote.  Because it makes sense.  The (relatively) lighter tone of the show in S4 is a reflection of Oliver's lighter emotional state, and Oliver's lighter emotional state stems from his happiness with Felicity and acceptance of himself. So using that photo wasn't only marketing.  It also ties into the tone of S4.  The tone of the show each season is a reflection of Oliver's evolving emotional state.

-- On S4's brighter tone and how to do that, WM: “Oliver is in a happier place at the end of Season 3, and we are going to start in that same place in Season 4. I really think that’s what’s driving the difference in tone. We are basically going to allow Oliver and the team to explore what it’s like to see Oliver in a really different place. He came back from the island, and he was a different man. It was always talked about him having PTSD, and it was basically like a solider coming back from war. Now he is with Felicity, he is happy, and you see a brightening tone and a little more humor in the show. It’s really more a reflection of where he is emotionally rather than anything else.” (TV Overmind video of media interview with MG and WM at SDCC 2015 and related article, page 68 of Starling City TImes thread)
-- Per WM, in the beginning, Arrow was conceived as being "more procedural”, but they moved away from that very quickly. "But one of the things that we discovered that really works is that making sure that whatever Oliver’s going through emotionally really speaks to the action. And that's really what we work for in every episode.  And that it's evolved, but it's pretty much the core of what we do." (Unidentified video of media interview with MG and WM at SDCC 2015, page 161 of Behind the Mask thread; and io9 article, page 64 of Starling City Times thread)

As for the S4 trailer, of course they're going to go with tons of action and stunts, fight scenes featuring all of the costumed characters, the mystery of Ray's disappearance, maybe teasers of Sara and Constantine, etc.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

yeah I second the "since when has a trailer ever showed only one character."

I think some people are going overboard with their dislike if they think it's only going to be Oliver and Felicity.

Edited by EmilyBettFan
  • Love 2

I just posted in the Spoilers thread a pic of PB and KC next to the Lazarus Pit and a tweet by PB (posted yesterday) saying that they just wrapped episode 404 (remember, this is actually the 5th episode with Constantine).

Also, earlier today James Bamford posted a tweet thanking Matt Ryan, so I think that the Constantine episode is pretty much done.

Also, yesterday, SA posted a tweet from on set saying that KC's hair looks like a science experiment - maybe magic wind stirred up by Constantine?

Edited by tv echo

Quentin and Laurel are helping bring Sara back? That's interesting. I wonder what makes them decide to do that? I know Quentin is really missing his favorite daughter but still it doesn't seem like something he'd want to do or even believe it will work. Thea wasn't dead for months, she was critically injured. Which makes it completely different to bring someone back that has been dead and buried for nearly a year. 

Also does that mean they are bringing Sara back in 4x05? Instead of earlier. Or do they have to back to the pits to heal her mind?