Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Watched the lastest Wendi video posted. She is name dropping Felicity a lot. Whenever she talks about what she wants to bring to the table or focus on, she singles out Felicity. Moreso then even Diggle at times. Is it a big misdirect? Does it say something about some of the negative reaction, that they are trying to right the character a bit? Tho if that was the case, I don't think they would mention her as much. Just talk about a return of funny, quirky Felicity. 

I have found that I trust noone. And question everything. Thanks Arrow.

The big shocker could be Lance related, probably is Lance related, but what if it involves Thea? SA dropped hints at something for her. And mentioned the effects of the LP. I would be more interested in that. Also, I wish they wouldn't tease the ending the episodes. You just watch the whole episode waiting for the shoe to drop.

• Love 4

LOL, I wish they hadn't teased the big shocker because I was looking forward to things and now there's an undercurrent of dread. I don't know why I'm surprised. This is Arrow ffs.

• Love 4
(edited)

I rewatched the interview and it seems like it will be a shocker not a twist. Important semantic difference. And the use of the word haunting makes me think that it will have something to do with revealing Damien Darhk and his powers.

I will get on board with the theory that Thea will be feeling some negative effects from LP, but I don't think they will make her evil. But I think we might get something a little cray-cray from her. I just don't think it will be the big jaw-dropper. It might be the first jaw drop SA mentions.

Sara coming back as evil though I think is a possibility. From the teaser her resurrection did not seem as pleasant as Thea's. Thea's seemed very ceremonial & respectful to the power of the LP & Thea as a person. Whereas SL seemed very abrupt, she seemed alone & naked in the shot. I wonder if DD will bring her back & then use his "magic" to further twist her into doing evil things. I know I feel obsessed with the editing choice during her funeral scene - but I swear there was someone watching her funeral. My original theory was that it was MM, but now that we know they intend to bring DD in from the beginning of the season it could have been him or one of his minions. It would be appropriate book-ending if the shocker of s3 (SL is dead) is resolved by the shocker of s4 (SL is alive). And then we get a few eps to bring SL back onto the good side before she heads off to LoT.

Honestly, I don't think Ray is big enough to warrant being a major part of the Arrow premiere/shockers. His story will probably just be glossed over until episode 2.

Edited by kismet
  • Love 1
(edited)

Well the white Canary is evil, she kills her family. I wonder if we will have the same twist as season 3 with a Lance killed but this time by Sara herself. It won't be Laural so Daddy Lance. And then DD uses magic HIVE mind control to have Lance still around but not really. He's like a ghost or a part of a collective mind that makes Bees swarm.

Edited by tarotx
(edited)

They're introducing DD in the first episode, but nobody knows what he looks like, right? Ra's was probably the only one who knew. So he can be in Starling City under a different name, wrecking all sorts of havoc. Audience knows it, characters don't. They like that trope a lot anyway.

Maybe someone is working with him without realizing it IS DD? Lance?

Or worse, Diggle. Working with the dude who contracted Andy's death without realizing he's evil.

Edited by dancingnancy
  • Love 4

Maybe they go with fake beard instead of bad wig for the flashbacks this year? He's going to have to start growing that thing soon if it's to be as long and straggly as it looks in the pilot.

• Love 3
(edited)

DID THEY GET A NEW WIG?

I will miss the flowing layers of s3's wigs.... I'm not even joking. They way the hair stylist stylized that wig for certain scenes was genius considering what she was working with. He looked good in some scenes, especially the night club fight in HK. But maybe OQ finally got a real haircut along the way...

Honestly, if they are setting up the flashbacks to be in Coast City (which it seems like they might be), I wonder how is OQ not going to get noticed walking down the street? He can't wear a baseball cap everywhere. He's going to need some way to conceal his ID on American soil where there are people that will recognize him from the tabloids. A dramatic haircut may be the answer.

ETA - perhaps lemotomato might be on to something with the beard... Here's hoping its done well. Fake beards can look awful when done poorly - even worse than bad wigs..

Edited by kismet

I wonder how is OQ not going to get noticed walking down the street? 

Well, we're supposed to buy that no one has noticed Malcolm Merlyn walking around Starling City, and he tried to destroy a large chunk of it, haha. 

Well, we're supposed to buy that no one has noticed Malcolm Merlyn walking around Starling City, and he tried to destroy a large chunk of it, haha. 

But how many people really knew what MM looked like? He was not tabloid fodder for years. He might have gotten some press after the event. And no offense meant but MM is kinda generic white middle aged man.

OQ is an attractive wealthy bachelor, who was known for wild partying. People are gonna recognize him or remember the face. You don't just forget pretty faces, especially ones that have become more mysterious with boating accidents.

WHAT IF IT'S A PONYTAIL?

OH PLEASE NO PONYTAIL!!! I just couldn't handle it. That would just be so... NO I just don't even want to imagine the visual. He can tie it back temporarily, but no full tail please.

• Love 1
(edited)

But how many people really knew what MM looked like? He was not tabloid fodder for years. He might have gotten some press after the event. And no offense meant but MM is kinda generic white middle aged man.

OQ is an attractive wealthy bachelor, who was known for wild partying. People are gonna recognize him or remember the face. You don't just forget pretty faces, especially ones that have become more mysterious with boating accidents.

People also think that Oliver Queen is dead (which, I suppose, might be part of the reason why they don't notice MM, but he looks EXACTLY the same as he did when he was evildoing). And yeah, they might notice him if he looked exactly the same, but he has facial hair and longer hair, and was he that well known outside of Starling City? I'm sure the boating accident was big news in the business community because of Robert, but....without any reason to believe Oliver's still alive, I'm not sure that anyone would give him a second glance on the street (apart from thinking he was hot).

Edited by apinknightmare
(edited)

to be honest i can buy the fact that people didn't notice MM or will notice OQ

i don't read the tabloids or rag websites so i doubt i can ever recognize most of the people who are ala OQ, nor am I familiar with every single billionaire out there to be able to say "yep that's him/her", half the time I barely remember what the richest people (I think we have like two billionaires and a hand full or two of millionaires) of my tiny little country look like, i doubt i could pick them out in a line-up if i was given their name.

most people live in their own little bubble. It has never been that far fetched to me that no one took notice of MM standing in the middle of a busy square. hiding in plain sight and all that.

Edited by foreverevolving
  • Love 3
(edited)

Maybe our Felicity was replaced by an evil alternate universe Felicity at some point. Because after ripping off Batman storylines, why not steal from Superman too?

Fringe. That exact storyline happened in S3 of Fringe (and was pretty well done, actually, although I would hate it on Arrow).

"most people live in their own little bubble. It has never been that far fetched to me that no one took notice of MM standing in the middle of a busy square. hiding in plain sight and all that."

I have an easier time with Oliver than with Malcolm. Oliver looks quite different, and his circumstances are very different. Malcolm, on the other hand, wasn't just a billionaire, he was a mass murdering billionaire cavorting around in the city in which he'd perpetrated his mass murder. Plus he's pretty distinctive looking, and he wasn't even dressed differently. Just 1.5 years prior his picture would have been plastered absolutely everywhere in Starling.

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 1

Hair grows at an average rate of an inch every 2 months (ask any chemo patient).  How long was Oliver's beard in the pilot?  I seem to remember it was about 6", which would have taken a year to grow.

I get the feeling we're not going to have Russia and the Bratva till next season, in which case that would be the time for the ponytail and to start growing a beard.

I have never been able to accept that no one recognized Malcolm Merlyn.  His picture would have been in the business section of the paper regularly so anyone on SC's Wall Street would have been familiar with him, and on the front page after the assassination attempt. But it's after The Undertaking that he would have been all over the front page for a long time. The guy who tried to blow up the Glades with an earthquake machine, and killed 503 people including his own son?  He would have been all over the broadcast and print news for weeks, and the residents of Starling City would have recognized him the way we recognize Saddam Hussein.

• Love 3

I didn't hear that. But on a slightly related note. I know we're supposed to think a flashback for every year. But is it possible that the flashbacks are a lot less shorter? Hong Kong could have been a few weeks. Is that possible?

• Love 2

I absolutely agree that we only saw a short part of Oliver's time in Hong Kong. I assume a lot more happened that we just didn't see. (Like learning to speak the language).

• Love 3
(edited)

I didn't hear that. But on a slightly related note. I know we're supposed to think a flashback for every year. But is it possible that the flashbacks are a lot less shorter? Hong Kong could have been a few weeks. Is that possible?

Unless something has changed everything on the show is supposed to run real time (ish). One year/season in RL, one year in Starling City, one year in flashbacks.

They maynot show you everything that happened and yeah sometimes it doesn't make sense but, that's what they claim.

Oliver spent 2 years on the Island, one year in Hong Kong, one year in Coast City (that's where he headed to at the end of S3?) and presumably a year in Russia before staging his rescue and return to Starling City

Edited by Morrigan2575

Quick question. I watched the interviews & the panels for Arrow & LOT. I know an Arrow character would float between the three shows & MG said it'd be announced at the panel. Did I miss it? I assumed it was Malcolm but as far as I know he was not confirmed as the floater & the way he's been talking about his character makes me think he's not. It's totally possible I missed this, after a while I tend to zone out lol. 

I didn't hear any reference to the floater. Malcolm as the floater still doesn't make any sense. Oliver may be willing to work with him, but I can't imagine the Flash team or some of the LOT crew being okay with that arrangement.

Surprised no one asked.

• Love 1

Quick question. I watched the interviews & the panels for Arrow & LOT. I know an Arrow character would float between the three shows & MG said it'd be announced at the panel. Did I miss it? I assumed it was Malcolm but as far as I know he was not confirmed as the floater & the way he's been talking about his character makes me think he's not. It's totally possible I missed this, after a while I tend to zone out lol. 

I don't think anyone confirmed the identity of the floater?  All I saw was more fan speculation. Popular fan theories are Malcolm, Cisco, Lyla or Laurel. Less popular fan theories are Amanda Waller, Nyssa, McKenna, Slade, Ray, Roy, Walter (one person on another site, so I'm throwing him in) and Helena.

• Love 1

Felicity has the strongest overall connections to the characters. But that's been debunked and I just can't see them doing that, especially after the SDCC media tour.

I think MG denied it was Laurel too. That theory has been gaining popularity after this weekend with all the talk of more focus on Diggle and Felicity and the only tease about Laurel from KC was LOT related. I have a hard time believing it's Laurel.

Didn't they say it wasn't one of the main cast on LOT? That would take Ray out of the running. I would take Cisco out too. I would call him the most popular character on Flash. As much as I want to see Roy, I don't think that's a serious option.

• Love 2
(edited)

It's a character who originated on Arrow that isn't part of the main cast on LoT (so, not Ray or Sara). I can see it being Malcolm as some kind antagonist who ties the worlds together - no one has to work with him, and he doesn't have to be part of any teams. He just has to show up and be linked to whatever action is happening at the time, or deliver a threat or whatever. 

IIRC MG said it wasn't Laurel or Felicity.

Edited by apinknightmare
(edited)

Didn't they say it wasn't one of the main cast on LOT? That would take Ray out of the running. I would take Cisco out too. I would call him the most popular character on Flash. As much as I want to see Roy, I don't think that's a serious option.

All I remember is that Stephen said the character originated on Arrow & would be the thread that ties all three shows. To me Cisco & Felicity make sense, but they're both too popular to remove from their shows. I never considered Laurel a real option, because even though she's gained some popularity, she's still the most divisive character on the show. After this SDCC though, I'm not so sure. I feel like Laurel could be the floater. 

Edited by JJ928
(edited)

I don't have an issue with it. That problem exists whether he's the floater or not, since the shows will be in a shared universe. He's alive, regardless of whether he's on her show or not, since there will be crossovers.

Edited by apinknightmare

I think Laurel is being brought up as floater atm because of KC interview of her being important to LOT:

She said that she's instrumental in getting the LoT together (still think she's going to be sucked into an AU or they'll go back in time to save her from dying or whatever), but MG said she's not the floater.

They never talked about the big development/storyline for Laurel that they mentioned in the TVGuide spread. I assumed it was something love interest-y but maybe it's LOT related.

I hope they don't do a BC v WC fight, even if Sara comes back crazy. Wendi didn't seem that into the idea when KC was pushing it, and I think that's because with WC lead on her own show they don't have to let LL win. And let's be real, there is no way she should be able too.

• Love 3

The unanswered question: Is the floating character there for plot reasons, for ratings reasons, or for we really love this actor/character reasons?

If plot reasons, Lyla or Amanda Waller, as ARGUS agents, make a lot of sense. ARGUS has already been introduced on both Arrow and Flash, and can easily be introduced on Legends since a few characters on that show already know about ARGUS. Lyla and Amanda can serve a couple of different plot points - a deux ex machina offering assistance, or an additional complication.

If ratings reasons, Cisco is the clear fan favorite here. As the character obsessed with metahumans, and as the tech character, he has a canon reason to be involved in all three shows. Cisco's also already interacted with four Legends characters (Firestorm, Captain Cold, Heatwave and Ray). Nyssa also fits the fan favorite category, and will have a connection with both Arrow and Legends; the showrunners can probably come up with some reason for her to pop over to Central City.  

If we really love this actor/character reasons, Malcolm seems to be in the running; he also works as an overall villain for all three shows.

I'm skeptical about Laurel as the floater. Apart from MG's denial, even after this season, Laurel is at best a divisive character. I think it's a lot more likely that the CW will want to promote Legends with guest appearances from a fan favorite like Cisco, or at least a character that doesn't generate controversy.  Laurel did fine in her Flash crossover episode, granted, but I'm not sure that's enough.

• Love 4

I just don't think that if they were going to use one character to connect three shows, that they'd choose Laurel to be that person. I think they're hush hush about her storyline because it relates to Sara, and they don't want us to know why Sara comes back yet.

• Love 2

Why would they want to show even more how much better Sara is by having Laurel stand next to her? I know all you Arrow folks are scrambling to get rid of Laurel. But I just don't feel she fits. She has nothing to offer any of the teams.

Lyla or Cisco I can understand, Cisco has weapons building and Lyla or Waller have the backing of a bunch soldiers. Malcolm I can see another villain for the 3 shows, but it seem like they all have even bigger villains already. And I can't see Sara willing to work with the man that killed her and brainwashed Thea into doing it. Unless they are going with amnesia for Sara. 

• Love 1

Wouldn't Sara working with the dude who killed her be the kind of dramatic crap the people who run these shows love? Besides, if Malcom's the floater, it doesn't necessarily mean anyone has to work with him at all. He could just be a general thorn in everyone's side.

• Love 1

I thought it was definitely going to be Malcolm. But then Marc said in one of the interviews, when asked about the floater, that they were making a special announcement. They never did. I just figured if it is Malcolm, it's not that big of a deal, since JB already said he'd be crossing over to both shows. This is the only thing that makes me think it's not him. He could still crossover to all the shows & someone else could be the floater. I agree, that Cisco makes the most sense.

(edited)

When this first came up, Stephen said it would be a character that originated on Arrow. That rules out Cisco, unless he was meaning in the most technical sense (Cisco and Caitlin did appear briefly on Arrow before Flash began).

Edited by Starfish35
(edited)

I would say that it's a toss up between her and Oliver. 

But Oliver would never be the floater - the characters who could fill that role are the ones the OP was talking about.

Edited by apinknightmare