Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I don't think we have to worry about any imminent break up between Oliver and Felicity, not when they are so careful to make sure everyone knows the new friend will never be part of a triangle.  I'm looking forward to the friendship.  I really liked the dynamic with her and Barry and I think they could replicate it with Mr. Terrific but with him supporting HER. 

It does make me laugh that she has another superhero to add to her favorites list. 

• Love 4

It does make me laugh that she has another superhero to add to her favorites list. 

EBR said that her character tends to bring out the best in others, and I tend to believe her on that ;) This is why so many of her friends/love interests are heroes :D

• Love 5

I can't decide if I want Mr. Terrific to have an origin story or come pre-masked.  On the one hand, we've used a lot of time during season three building up other heroes, and I'd rather Felicity not be the catalyst for a FOURTH hero (even if this one is gay and therefore doesn't have the romance component).  However, if this hero turns up ready-made to fight crime, it makes Lance and Felicity the ONLY non-masked/costumed main characters we know of, right?    Emily was so right during one of her interviews today when she stressed the importance of having non-masked people to ground the show in reality and make it seem less like Halloween.

Still, if the new best friend character is connected to Felicity's day job, I hope they flesh out some other aspects of that, too.

I'm also excited for Oliver to make the rounds as "The Oliver Queen" again.  I don't want him to run for mayor (yet!), but I'd love for him to become politically active.  Business suits and society dinners are a major plus.

• Love 6
(edited)

Business suits and society dinners are a major plus.

I'll take the excuse to see EBR and SA dressed to the nines.

Edited.  Sigh, I mean Felicity and Oliver.  I'm so used to typing about the real people with Comic-con going on that I'm going to have to get back into the correct habit.

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 2

I'm glad that Felicity is getting a friend but:

1) did they say "best" friend? Because Diggle is Felicity's best friend. Along with Oliver, but since he doubles with "boyfriend" I'm not afraid that their screentime together will be reduced courtesy of the new character, like I am now for D/F. Yeah, I'm still badly burned by S3, sorry.

2) If he's connected to QC I'd still rather have Walter, an original Arrow character, woven back there. I could see him become Felicity best friend, people as smart/precocious as Felicity tend to get along better with people older than them imo (of course, maybe they'll cast someone older for this new character). Moreover, since Malcolm is still in the system Thea will need her good father figure to turn to when her evil bio dad is at it again.

Talking about (possibly) evil dads, I hope that it will be the opportunity for Thea and Felicity to bond further and find common grounds through their problems with their respective father.

Emily was so right during one of her interviews today when she stressed the importance of having non-masked people to ground the show in reality and make it seem less like Halloween.

I couldn't agree more. But I guess more masks is where it's going.

I, too, am looking forward to seeing Oliver in "charm mode". The writers were so obsessed with brooding Batman Oliver that they completely forgot this (important) side of his personality and I missed it.

• Love 4

My $.02 on how Laurel gets LoT going:

I don't think she or Lance are going to have anything to do with her being resurrected, unless one of them does it in order to save the other. If Thea is having LP side-effects like it seems she will be, then it makes even less sense to me that either one of them would want her back if she has to go through that. 

I think Laurel is going to get messed up with Vandal Savage somehow. I can't decide if it's because she gets killed (IF that's how they do it, I think it would only last an ep or two, max) and they go back into time to change the course of events (I'm guessing we'll find out that she's indispensable and a huge hero in the future, if that's the case). Or maybe he kidnaps her and takes her somewhere else in time. Or maybe he does something with Quentin? Anyway - I think it'll be Vandal Savage related.

I'm glad that Felicity is getting a friend but:

1) did they say "best" friend? Because Diggle is Felicity's best friend. Along with Oliver, but since he doubles with "boyfriend" I'm not afraid that their screentime together will be reduced courtesy of the new character, like I am now for D/F. Yeah, I'm still badly burned by S3, sorry.

I agree. Maybe that's unpopular, but...I just don't think Felicity needs another friend on the show. Not a new cast member, anyway. Dig and Oliver are her best friends, she's supposedly friendly with Laurel, and I was hoping for more friendship development with Thea. Not to mention everyone on The Flash, Ray when he comes back, Sara when she comes back...

To be honest, and I can't believe I'm saying this because y'all know IDGAF about her or her storyline, but Laurel is really the person who needs a best friend. She really does need her own outlet. I guess that's maybe going to be Nyssa? But if they're building up a support network for someone, Felicity is not the person who needs that. (Thea could use someone too, of course, but at least she will have Oliver.)

• Love 4

Was the BFF thing mentioned in some other interview? 

I don't know, I asked if they really said "best" since that's what I saw, but I wasn't sure it was the exact term used or if it was paraphrased.

I don't know, I asked if they really said "best" since that's what I saw, but I wasn't sure it was the exact term used or if it was paraphrased.

I saw a tweet about Felicity getting a "BFF," but it was from someone on Twitter who seemed to be basing that off of tweets from the panel, but no one on the panel said "best friend" just that he was a friend of hers. 

I'm fine with Felicity getting a friend. It'd be nice to have something that is hers, as long as it is about her. After s3 where she was used for everyone else's storyline but her own, I want to learn more about Felicity. I don't want Felicity to get lost in character support again. It's just not fair.

• Love 7

I agree. Maybe that's unpopular, but...I just don't think Felicity needs another friend on the show. Not a new cast member, anyway. Dig and Oliver are her best friends, she's supposedly friendly with Laurel, and I was hoping for more friendship development with Thea. Not to mention everyone on The Flash, Ray when he comes back, Sara when she comes back...

To be honest, and I can't believe I'm saying this because y'all know IDGAF about her or her storyline, but Laurel is really the person who needs a best friend. She really does need her own outlet. I guess that's maybe going to be Nyssa? But if they're building up a support network for someone, Felicity is not the person who needs that. (Thea could use someone too, of course, but at least she will have Oliver.)

I agree. Last season I would have been thrilled with this announcement. This season not so much. I want Felicity and Diggle again. Felicity and Thea. Felicity and Sara. I don't want another character taking Felicity away from the narrative, or using her as a prop. They better not separate her again.

Agree about Laurel too. It's awkward in the lair. Give her someone she can interact with.

When they said this guy would be a good friend, my first thought was they were already friends. Maybe its someone from MIT? That would be my preference.  

• Love 3

Since this guy is a superhero, I'm guessing she's just her friend so that she can vouch for his trustworthiness before he joins their crusade. I don't think this development has anything to do with Felicity or a support system-she's just an in for him to the superhero business.

• Love 1

Agree about Laurel too. It's awkward in the lair. Give her someone she can interact with.

It sounds like Laurel and Thea will be really close friends--they've been teammates for five months, so I'm sure they will have developed a stronger camaraderie. Their relationship has probably evolved from Laurel looking out for Oliver's troubled sister to a partnership defined by a shared mission and mutual respect.

The ladies were so assertive about seeing strong female characters that I hope their friendships reflect that.

• Love 3

In one of the interviews in the press room, Wendy Mericle mentioned we're gonna be seeing more of all of the characters' lives outside of the lair, so I'm figuring they're gonna have to populate those "normal" lives with recurring characters.

I wish they would learn to do it in a more West Wing [or Stargate] way, in that recurring and small parts populate the show with fluidity, instead of just focusing on the new toy of the week, but since I've been talking about worldbuilding a lot, I'm happy Felicity gets a friend/co-worker outside of the lair.

• Love 2
(edited)

I'm glad FS is getting a friend. I love her and Dig, but I see him more as her brother figure & OQs friend. She needs some that is just her friend. Honestly, for most of s3 dig & her did not seem close after he chose team oliver. She hadnt even introduced him to Ray until his wedding. It hurt to watch but in someways felt organic considering their ages & backgrounds. I know they have a close bond but somehow I can't see them going out for coffee to chat over silly things you do with ur friends on a regular basis.

I think having Thea & Laurel get tighter and tighten their friendship is both logical & organic. They tried to push LL& FS and it just didnt work. I can see them being friendly & coworkers, but girl time with LL/FS is just not something I believe or want to watch.

Thea & Felicity will come, I can be patient for that. I don't want to see FS get sucked up into all about the Queens.

Edited by kismet
  • Love 5
(edited)

I think after listening to all those interviews and what has been said previously by DR that Anarky is Felicity's father. That's been speculated before and it makes a lot of sense after reading the wiki entry on the character. It also makes sense that they wouldn't spoil that particular plot point. I am putting this here rather than in speculation because it's based on spoilerish info. But it's total hopeful speculation on my part!

Edited by WaitandHope

In one of the interviews in the press room, Wendy Mericle mentioned we're gonna be seeing more of all of the characters' lives outside of the lair, so I'm figuring they're gonna have to populate those "normal" lives with recurring characters.

I wish they would learn to do it in a more West Wing [or Stargate] way, in that recurring and small parts populate the show with fluidity, instead of just focusing on the new toy of the week, but since I've been talking about worldbuilding a lot, I'm happy Felicity gets a friend/co-worker outside of the lair.

After watching all the videos, I am so excited and optimistic for S4! Here are the teases that I'm thrilled about:

~ Happy Oliver! Yay! They said he's content, relaxed, mature, and in love. He's lighter and wittier. SA said that when dire events occur, Oliver will handle them differently and that he's learned from past mistakes.

~ Established Olicity! They're together and a team. They're in love and are entrenched in domesticity!

~ No more secrets and lies about alter egos.

~ Emphasis on family and relationships! I LOVED WM's discussion of the importance of relationships.

~Fewer plot twists and Gotcha! moments! This was from the mouth of MG himself.

~ Oliver Queen! He'll suit up (swoon) and return to his public persona.

~ Focus on Star[ling] City again! MG said that there will not be as much focus outside the city as there was in S3.

~ Thea Queen! She's grown and matured from her self-destructive ways. I loved what WH said in the panel.

~Felicity Smoak! EBR seemed to acknowledge that Felicity will be CEO, and SA called FS his sugar mama, so she must be very successful and wealthy now. She'll have a new friend, and her 4.01 restlessness indicates that she's the one wanting to get back to her mission to help save the city. I love that because it's a sign that as much as she loves Oliver, she needs more in her life than domestic bliss.

~ LL influencing the start of LoT! Although I'm not a fan, I need her to be relevant so I can invest in her stories too.

~ Diggle is getting big stories involving HIVE!

I swear it sounds like they've been paying attention and are trying to make up for S3 by giving us everything on our checklist for S4.

• Love 13
(edited)

I'm surprised no one asked or mentioned anything about Oliver's kid and the Baby Mama. Is that not happening this season then? Because if Oliver is possibly getting involved in something to do with politics and we'll see his public persona again, I can totally see that's how he'll find out he has a kid. Like when Moira ran for Mayor, she tried to buy the Doctor's silence or whatever with regards to Thea's birth records so it wasn't dirt that the press could dig up. Well, Oliver has dirt in the shape of a kid somewhere.

I don't want this to happen because I'm against the kid storyline but it's a possibility.

Edited by Angel12d

So, I was thinking about who would bring back Sara from the dead and I thought Damien Darkh might be the front runner candidate since from the interviews etc it looks like she will be more of an anti hero on LoT. (Geoff has said during the LoT panel that Sara will be the most dangerous character on LoT and in another interview it was mentioned that her motivations in joining the Team is a bit murkier same as Captain Cold and Heatwave).

By bringing Sara back from the dead(her last memory will be probably Thea killing her and she will be all sorts of  crazy), Damien creates an adversary against Team Arrow since Sara would try to kill Thea and hence will come into conflict against the whole Team Arrow. (It was mentioned by David that they initially start as a well oiled machine at the start of 4.01 but soon face very tough adversaries). The Sara reveal  might be one of the major twists during  during the premiere.i.e Sara Lance working for Damien Darkh having forgotten her previous life.

• Love 4
(edited)

I'm wondering if Stephen actually spoiled the opening scene.  In the EW interview, he said we find Oliver running, assisting children and cooking breakfast. We know, and it's been confirmed this seasons as well, that the opening shot is always him running. When he was talking about domesticated Oliver the interviewer mentioned seeing him cook, and the way he answered the question makes me think its a yes. I don't know where the assisting children part would come in, maybe he kicks a soccer ball at them . 

Edited by 10Eleven12
  • Love 3

I Hate to say this but it would be really cute if domestic Oliver is running in opening shot trying to help a kid get their toy back from a bully or scary neighborhood dog.

Something that shows he's still got the vigilante bug while being a happy home maker

• Love 14
(edited)

I now have this image of Oliver jogging down a pretty sunny neighborhood to the beat of Gorillaz's Feel Good Inc, waving at old ladies, saving kittens from trees, helping kids cross the street, and now I need it.

Edited by dancingnancy
  • Love 17

I'm really loving the role reversal in Oliver/Felicity's relationship. It really does defy all the expectations of society. 

• Oliver is the more domestic one while Felicity is the one who wants a career and whatnot
  • Felicity is the breadwinner (sugar mama)
  • Oliver was the one who was pining in S3
  • Oliver was the one who kept telling Felicity he loved her and was more open about his feelings
  • Felicity is the one who rescued Oliver in the finale

I hope this continues. And what I love is that this doesn't hurt Oliver's masculinity AT ALL. He's the friggin' Green Arrow, he's as manly as can be. But it's just nice to see a softer, surprising side to him. 

• Love 21

I'm really loving the role reversal in Oliver/Felicity's relationship. It really does defy all the expectations of society. 

• Oliver is the more domestic one while Felicity is the one who wants a career and whatnot
  • Felicity is the breadwinner (sugar mama)
  • Oliver was the one who was pining in S3
  • Oliver was the one who kept telling Felicity he loved her and was more open about his feelings
  • Felicity is the one who rescued Oliver in the finale

I hope this continues. And what I love is that this doesn't hurt Oliver's masculinity AT ALL. He's the friggin' Green Arrow, he's as manly as can be. But it's just nice to see a softer, surprising side to him.

I love everything you said so much! What a great observation!

• Love 1
(edited)

He also needs to make the chili recipe from the comics, so that I get MY comic book fanservice the proper way: by giving me tasty yet fiery food.

500px-Green_Arrow%27s_Chili_01.jpg

Edited by dancingnancy
  • Love 10

I feel like my comments have been kinda cranky or nitpicky this weekend, but I don't actually feel that way. I think that's why I'm nitpicking, actually, because I'm quite pleased with what I'm hearing and I would just be saying YAYYYYYY a lot.

So, that said, um, YAYYYYYYYYYY to Oliver cooking and cleaning and being blissfully happy and domestic and never wanting to go back to Starling (gonna keep calling it that forever, fyi). YAYYYYYYY to Felicity being the one who can't stand being away from the action anymore. YAYYYYYYY to Diggle being in charge and keeping that hot-as-fire scruff on his face. And I agree with others that Wendy Mericle is at least saying all the right things and seems to have her head on straight. I don't want to feel hope again; I've been hurt before, but....

• Love 12

DD & Anarky

I did a quick info search on Anarky. I know someone mentioned Anarky being Felicity's father. I wouldn't discount it, but I'm wondering if the reason they are doing two villains is to spread the wealth to both Diggle and Felicity.

DD. Attached to HIVE. Andy's murder. Direct tie to Diggle.

Anarky. HIghly intelligent, background in tech, goes after big corporations. Felicity is the owner of Palmer Tech.

• Love 3

More thoughts. Both of these guys plus Mr. Terrific have varying degrees of technological/genius experience. It wouldn't surprise me if they are set on a collision course. Anarky can also be described as an anti-villain, so maybe he starts out as a bad guy and ends up joining the group to help defeat DD. And he could be Felicity's father. 

• Love 1

I'm getting a really good vibe from Wendy Mericle too.  She seems to be tempering MG too enthusiastic tendencies.  During one of the interviews while MG was going on and on about how twisty and last season was plot wise, she seemed less than impressed with his gotcha style storytelling.  Cue talks about telling character stories. 

Crosses fingers.

did a quick info search on Anarky. I know someone mentioned Anarky being Felicity's father. I wouldn't discount it, but I'm wondering if the reason they are doing two villains is to spread the wealth to both Diggle and Felicity

Anarky Is usually written as a teenager though.  He does have the hacking creds and his social justice stance would explain Felicity's college attempts but I won't jump to conclusions.  Last year we all though Count Vertigo was going to be much bigger than he was. 

• Love 2

I'm getting a really good vibe from Wendy Mericle too.  She seems to be tempering MG too enthusiastic tendencies.  During one of the interviews while MG was going on and on about how twisty and last season was plot wise, she seemed less than impressed with his gotcha style storytelling.  Cue talks about telling character stories. 

Crosses fingers.

I noticed this too. There was another interview (I forgot which one it was) with just her and the interviewer asks her what she's excited about getting to do as a showrunner that she didn't get to do as a writer and she took the ball and ran with it talking about how the audience needs to see the characters really interacting with the people in their lives. I got the distinct impression that she wanted to see more of that last season but MG's asinine storylines ruled the day. I'm cautiously optimistic that with his attention turned towards LoT that what we're hearing from her might mean a higher caliber of storytelling in S4. I'm really not trying to get my hopes up too high though.

• Love 9

So I don't know if anyone noticed this but SA said in an interview during the round tables that Oliver/Felicity traveled a bit and settled in Coast City where Oliver has an old friend. IDK I thought this to be news because I figured they'd be travelling the whole time even though I know it isn't feasible. But what it means is that:

1. Oliver and Felicity aren't kinda sorta living together, they're legit LIVING together in a house or condo or whatever. They really are domesticated. 
  2. Chances of them living together when they come back are higher now
  3. I really love this :p
  • Love 7

Interesting! First I'd heard of that. I always thought they'd travel for a while before settling somewhere, although not permanently. But I imagine they maybe got tired of driving around after a couple of months.

I wonder if this old friend in Coast City links to the flashbacks somehow? Maybe during his fourth year Oliver wasn't as far away from home as anyone thought?

• Love 2

I didn't catch that news before.  Well, Coast City is Hal Jordan and Ferris Air's home.  I'd say Hal Jordan, the missing pilot from Ferris Air will be Oliver's flashback for certain now.  Still hoping he's not really just down the coast from Starling.  Although, lol, that would explain the Pilot Island beard, he'd have to grow one as a disguise. 

(edited)

The hull of the ship at the dock when he left Hong Kong was registered in Coast City (it was originally Russian in a BTS pic, but they changed it), so maybe he gets involved in the Bratva in Coast City.

Edited by apinknightmare