Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Something else thematically that is odd...at least to me.  Diggle feels Oliver crossed a line kidnapping Lyla, and that I can buy.  What I can't buy is that Diggle would not understand working with Malcolm.  Diggle has worked twice with Deadshot as a means to an end.  If anyone could understand working with your enemy to accomplish a shared objective, it should be Diggle.

I think it's more about Oliver not letting Diggle in on the plan rather than working with the enemy.  Is it about trust? Maybe.  I can see Oliver thinking a) he might try and talk me out of it; b) I am adjusting on the fly and can't keep everyone informed;  c) I am willing to go to lengths Diggle can't or won't; or d) all of the above.  I don't think Oliver didn't trust Diggle but he would have known that Diggle wouldn't have signed off on Oliver becoming an assassin.  If this had taken months of infiltration Oliver would have been expected to do a lot of killing to prove his loyalty to Ra's.  I don't see Diggle going along with that.

• Love 1
(edited)

The only problem with the I'm Oliver Queen and the fight on the plane being the dream is how else does he inform TA about the 4 instruments of death?  If not Oliver, who?  They also have to free up Nyssa to help in the fighting.

Edited by Sunshine

I have to say, Arrow is, by far, the most frustrating television show I have ever watched.  I have never known a show with so much potential to allow so much, SO MUCH, burning stupidity into every aspect of the show, especially so early in its run. 

• Love 14

The only problem with the I'm Oliver Queen and the fight on the lane being the dream is how else does he inform TA about the 4 instruments of death?  If not Oliver, who?  They also have to free up Nyssa to help in the fighting.

In the preview, it seems like something happens to the plane while Oliver and Ra's are talking. So maybe there's a crash landing (over Starling, conveniently), and Oliver gets away? Although...Oliver and Ra's clearly have a WAY HUGE head start on the team, so there won't be anyone to warn when they land, unless magic. 

Maybe they do something really strange and have Oliver and Ra's big showdown come before the INSTRUMENTS OF DEATH? So Oliver defeats Ra's near the beginning of the ep, but they spend the rest trying to save the city? 

I think it's more about Oliver not letting Diggle in on the plan rather than working with the enemy.  Is it about trust? Maybe.  I can see Oliver thinking a) he might try and talk me out of it; b) I am adjusting on the fly and can't keep everyone informed;  c) I am willing to go to lengths Diggle can't or won't; or d) all of the above.  I don't think Oliver didn't trust Diggle but he would have known that Diggle wouldn't have signed off on Oliver becoming an assassin.  If this had taken months of infiltration Oliver would have been expected to do a lot of killing to prove his loyalty to Ra's.  I don't see Diggle going along with that.

That is where I am with all this.  Thinking back to Lyla and the convo with Oliver about going to extremes.  Lyla would even admit that her husband can't go across lines that she and Oliver under Amanda Waller have seen and crossed.

• Love 2

Maybe they do something really strange and have Oliver and Ra's big showdown come before the INSTRUMENTS OF DEATH? So Oliver defeats Ra's near the beginning of the ep, but they spend the rest trying to save the city?

That's my feeling, the balance of the stills seems post-plane, arrival in SC. I think they dispatch him but the instruments are already in motion and they have to stop them, and again they face a situation where Barry could solve such a split in focus likethat.

Re the marriage, the #1 reason it is not legal is that the LEAGUE OF ASSASSINS is not a recognized nation.

New plot twist: the LoA demands legal recognition from the United Nations/other independent states, or they will never let Oliver take off his shirt again or make out with Felicity.

• Love 1

Wasn't there a spoiler that a big bad who wasn't ras would factor in for the finale? Or did I make that up? It seems to make sense that plane scene/ras defeat happens soon after dream scene in sneak peek. Defeat ras, spend rest of ep searching for vials.

In 12 hours I can hope to have my life back.

• Love 2

Wasn't there a spoiler that a big bad who wasn't ras would factor in for the finale? Or did I make that up? It seems to make sense that plane scene/ras defeat happens soon after dream scene in sneak peek. Defeat ras, spend rest of ep searching for vials.

In 12 hours I can hope to have my life back.

I believe Damien Darhk is supposed to show up in the finale, or was it just mentions of him? He's S4's Big Bad. 

I don't see how Ra's could not die.  Unless it turns out (and it seems REALLY unlikely from the promos) that he was actually working a con on Nyssa to make her step up, why would he ever let Oliver go if he's alive?

Re the marriage, the #1 reason it is not legal is that the LEAGUE OF ASSASSINS is not a recognized nation.  It's a secret group of, effectively, international terrorists.  There is simply no way, NONE, that the U.S. or really any Western nation would recognize that marriage.  And that is BEFORE you get into the coercion/non-consummation/lack of paperwork aspects. 

So the only way I will not go into rage blackout about it is if they fudge it by saying it's a "real" marriage per the LOA.  It would in no way allow, for example, Oliver to file his federal or state tax returns as "married."  Or get Nyssa a green card.  Or get Nyssa on his health insurance plan.  Or ANY OTHER BENEFIT OF MARRIAGE.  If there are any problems arising out of it they had better be LOA problems, NOT United States problems such as Oliver not being allowed to marry Felicity at some point down the road.  If they want to do something with this unbearably stupid and offensive "marriage" BS, it had better be that some members of the LOA/the new Ra's (although it would either be Nyssa or Malcolm, neither of whom would have any interest in pushing the "marriage") making the problems.  Not Oliver, not Nyssa, not federal or state authorities.

I would say that I'd like to marry your whole post, but perhaps that is going too far. And it wouldn't be a legally binding marriage, so…let me just say that you have laid out all my own problems with this marriage nonsense far more succinctly than I could.

Since the writers seem to love parallels, I wonder if they're going to explore and contrast the relationships of Diggle & Lyla and Oliver & Felicity. Diggle and Lyla fell in love, got married, then divorced because Diggle couldn't reconcile his fears for Lyla's safety because of the kind of careers they both had. But as time passed, Diggle's perspective matured and upon reuniting with Lyla, he was able to find a better balance and they decided to remarry and start again. Of course, it's not perfect and it's further complicated because of baby Sara, but they seem ready to work together and be honest about their feelings and fears.

I'd really like to see Oliver learn from Diggle, since he already sees him as a brother, and I hope that perhaps this will be a way for them to find a new way forward in friendship. And Oliver needs to get his head out of his ass and stop selling himself short and denying himself.

• Love 4
(edited)

Good to see Marc still has his finger on the pulse of the audience.

I laughed when I read this sarcastic comment - because TOO TRUE.

The Porsche should've been a big clue that it was just a dream.  But alas... hope dies hard.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if Oliver ends up alone at the end of this season.  Now I think the EPs broke up the original Team Arrow, in part because Felicity and Diggle were making Oliver too happy and too likeable.  Between MG's comments about Oliver not being likeable, and last night's Flash dis of Oliver (Joe basically said that Barry was a good hero and Oliver was a bad hero, and Barry didn't even defend Oliver), the EPs really do seem to want Oliver to be that kind of anti-hero that you find difficult to like and who can't find happiness.

P.S.  Origin of the Butterfly Effect - subsequently immortalized in Ray Bradbury's short story, A Sound of Thunder.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

In the preview, it seems like something happens to the plane while Oliver and Ra's are talking. So maybe there's a crash landing (over Starling, conveniently), and Oliver gets away? Although...Oliver and Ra's clearly have a WAY HUGE head start on the team, so there won't be anyone to warn when they land, unless magic. 

I wonder if as Ra's is explaining everything he is going to do, Nyssa makes some kind of move which leads to her clash with her father.   Oliver has his "I am Oliver Queen" moment to stop it and then plane crashes, malfunctions, whatever throwing everyone off balance.  Oliver and Nyssa get clear and go to PT.  Everyone goes out to try to stop the INSTRUMENTS OF DEATH.  Thea teams up with Diggle, Laurel, Nyssa, Ray try to save the day.  Oliver goes after Ra's.  Cue scene on dam which looks like Oliver vs Ra's.  Ra's give an EPIC speech.  Cue duel to the death.

(edited)

Based on SA's response to Charlotte Ross's birthday tweet, I really don't expect Felicity to give up on Oliver.  Her maternal instinct was that Felicity loved Oliver. He said she would LOVE the finale.  Felicity had to make a choice between two good men.  She chose Oliver.  The guy she didn't choose is giving her a company! 

The Porsche and sunset ride may or may not be a dream.  It doesn't mean something good can't happen amongst the bad in the finale!  I don't think marriage to Nyssa or a bromance break-up with Diggle is going to provide Oliver with a reason to smile in S4, although I guess not having to deal with Ra's might.

Edited by Sunshine

Between MG's comments about Oliver not being likeable, and last night's Flash dis of Oliver (Joe basically said that Barry was a good hero and Oliver was a bad hero, and Barry didn't even defend Oliver), the EPs really do seem to want Oliver to be that kind of anti-hero that you find difficult to like and who can't find happiness.

I was really surprised by this because I didn't realize that they were still trying to pass Oliver off as an anti-hero. Oliver may have started that way but it's been three seasons and I thought he'd moved away from that. Didn't he declare himself a hero at the end of last season, when he didn't kill Slade? I feel like they're retconning to make Barry look like a "true hero" and Oliver look like an "anti-hero".

Regardless of potential real-life legal implications of this marriage, if the show/EPs/characters consider N/O to be married then aren't they?

On the bright side, this season is over in about nine hours :)

• Love 9
(edited)

Yay! Some optimism!

On another note, Oliver has to be talking to Nyssa which cues the call to Barry?  Maybe marriage agrees with Oliver.  He's usually not so quippy.

Edited by Sunshine
(edited)

"Regardless of potential real-life legal implications of this marriage, if the show/EPs/characters consider N/O to be married then aren't they?"

I guess so, but it will be similar to the show stating that the planet Earth resides on the back of a giant turtle.  Also, what does it get them?  Turn Felicity into a mistress/concubine if they get together and totally cheapen Olicity?  Plus, Nyssa will be recurring at most next season, and Guggie has flat-out stated that Nyssa is gay, so there's no romantic tension there.  I just don't see the point, even as a ship stall. If they come up with some BS that Oliver and Nyssa want to try to make it work, Olicity is over and I think ratings really would decline.

"At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if Oliver ends up alone at the end of this season."

I'd personally be fine with that.  I think he has a lot of thinking and growing to do, and I think it would be best for everyone to spend some time away from him (except maybe Thea).  I don't want him and Felicity to end the season together...HOWEVER, I still think they will.  Both because they've crapped on Olicity all season long and because of the still pics in which Oliver and Felicity are google-eyeing each other.  She seems pretty over the whole gassing/not sharing anything about his plan or even that he has a plan thing already.  However, if the writers really do try some bullshit that a LEAGUE OF ASSASSINS marriage is legally valid in the US, that will make Felicity the other woman, and really gross me out.  Plus, seriously, how are they going to get an annulment/divorce of that whackjob "marriage."

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 4
(edited)

Anyone else watch this clip and expect to see Thor landing on top of the plane next? (Avengers on the brain...)

Hahahahahahahahaha!

I was actually thinking about getting Iron Man 3, which we still haven't seen, and watching that instead of the finale tonight, then tweeting dc about it. But it would be unread and over the top.

So the whole "big death" thing, do we think ras is enough or is it truly going to be a part of the main cast?

That moment in the flash where joe was throwing shade really did not please me. I honostly wonder if the writers even LIKE oliver sometimes. Kind of like they seems to hate Laurel sometimes. I think, in the end, they are just dumb.

Edited by chaos is welcome
  • Love 1

I wonder if Tatsu/Katana returns to SC to help in the Ra's takedown or is she just in flashbacks?  She was removed from the cell before the gas was deployed.  Maybe that is who Oliver says the dialogue tease to.

Guys, was last night's Flash supposed to have been before 322?

I know MG said it was a day before 3.23 but given that the events of 3.22 flow right into 3.23, yeah, it has to be sometime before 3.22.  That could mean he made another trip back to the US after 3.21 that we didn't know about or he swung over to Central City while in town?  The LoA has a weird code of honor, maybe he could have simply said he needed to turn some evil into death and they said, sure, see ya later!

About the Sneak Peak with everyone waking up.  Did it look to anyone else like they were gassed with not just knock out gas but something that actually mimicked death? 

I liked Ray in the clip.  This is how he should have been used though really they could have easily handed off his lines to Felicity.  Instead she got Oliver was trying to kill us!  I guess that's not so bad since that was the last thought in her mind (which has difficulty filtering on the best of days).  I really want the team (or group at this point) to decide that Oliver might deserve some trust since, yeah, they are NOT dead!!

That moment in the flash where joe was throwing shade really did not please me. I honostly wonder if the writers even LIKE oliver sometimes. Kind of like they seems to hate Laurel sometimes. I think, in the end, they are just dumb.

Eh, I was fine with it.  It was basically, dude, you can't pull off what Oliver can so don't try to be him.  Find your own way. 

• Love 1

Stephen Amell recently characterized the finale as one that's in the vein of a "series finale."

I definitely agree with Stephen. It feels like a series finale. There’s actually a segment that we picked up after we wrapped production that I think really doubles down on that notion.

The talk about a segment that "doubles down" on a series finale feel gives me back hope that the driving into the sunset is not just a dream

• Love 2

Hmmmm....There seem to be A LOT of non spoilery talk in here.

Tonight is the season finale- if you're not talking about what goes on tonight (and hasn't yet aired) then it does not belong here.  

Remember EvilReverseMostlyC?  And Thor's Hammer?   Further off topic posts will be SMASHED.  (And if things get truly out of hand, I may have to lock the thread for the rest of the day).

'Nuff said.

I think riding off into the sunset may be a dream and a reality. I'm fine with that.

When Malcolm started talking in the clip, I had this image of Felicity deadpanning "When you look in the mirror, do you ever want to punch your reflection?"

• Love 4
(edited)

The death that sticks better be Ra's.  He's done more than enough to ruin this season.  I honestly can't see a role for him in future seasons.

Al Sah Him can die too.  Although I wouldn't be surprised if its the temporary one so Oliver can keep it in reserve in case he ever needs it in the future.

About the Sneak Peak with everyone waking up.  Did it look to anyone else like they were gassed with not just knock out gas but something that actually mimicked death?

Unless Ra's gave all his minion vaccination shots, no one would be opening that door to see if they were really dead and not just all lying there in heaps.  (Good thing, Diggle's hand with massive wedding ring draped over Felicity - nice directing to honor both Diggle's relationships.)

I think it's more about Oliver not letting Diggle in on the plan rather than working with the enemy. 

It should be about both.  Deadshot has a code, he's a guy just trying to make the best of the really bad cards life has dealt him. He wouldn't have killed Andy Diggle on his own. Malcolm, on the other hand, is BSC, has on his own initiative killed a lot of people for an insane reason, and as Felicity pointed out, brainwashed one woman Oliver loved to kill another that he loved.  It is insane to trust their lives to Malcolm.

It should also be about Oliver pushing Diggle out not only of the planning sessions but also out of the people who know about the plan.  That's something that Diggle would have a hard time forgiving. And that's even without kidnapping Lyla and leaving Sara alone

On another note, Oliver has to be talking to Nyssa which cues the call to Barry?  Maybe marriage agrees with Oliver.  He's usually not so quippy.

I think the call to Barry might even have been made by Malcolm, after Oliver told him that they needed more help  in 322.

Edited by statsgirl

"It’s only by virtue of recognizing what that sacrifice meant and being talked through it by someone that he realizes the key to beating Ra’s al Ghul."

This statement by MG in one of the articles posted about the finale peaked my interest.  Who will Oliver talk thru the sacrafices with and how will that help him realize how to defeat Ras.

The only plan Oliver could have is to hang in there and look for an opportunity, I just can't see how he could have gotten Felicity or Diggle to sign on to that.  Malcolm sure, but those two, nope.

"It’s only by virtue of recognizing what that sacrifice meant and being talked through it by someone that he realizes the key to beating Ra’s al Ghul."

If that someone who inspires Oliver to find the way to defeat Ra's is Malcolm (AKA Regina), I will throw things at the TV.  Maseo, Tatsu, Diggle, Felicity or even Roy I could take.

Is The Arrow officialy dead? As a character i mean?

Good question. Is it too early for the Green Arrow to appear?  Because Arrow/Roy is dead but the show isn't.

Last night on The Flash, Oliver told Barry he'd be needing a favor. How Oliver actually plans to call in that favor, however, is a mystery. 

I assume that when he and Malcolm worked out the fake-virus plan, he or Malcolm called Barry to come by NP and save Team Arrow in case they needed it.  It would have made more sense for Malcolm to make the call from Starling City but Barry will probably tell them that Oliver made it.

P.S.  Origin of the Butterfly Effect - subsequently immortalized in Ray Bradbury's short story, A Sound of Thunder.

Thank you. I was looking under Arthur C. Clarke, which explains why I didn't find it.

I NEED THIS. 

Me Too! It could be kind of perfect for the show runners. LL gets her best reviews with Nyssa. Get Team Arrow back on the same page. Have two Teams running in Starling City.

I highly doubt it would happen, but a girl can hope.

• Love 4

With Katrina Law at the CW UpFronts, does that mean we may be getting another regular?

Oh please please please please please please please!

That's the first serious ray of hope I've had for this show in the last few days.

• Love 1

It would be awesome if Katrina Law were a regular next season and not just recurring.  But isn't she also on another show right now?

He's not referring to Tatsu's comment way back about having to become Ra's in order to beat him?

"Only the student can defeat the master" has to be one of the most nonsensical lines the show has produced this season and that's saying a lot. I really hope it's something else that brought the revelation.

• Love 2

I realize that none of this is accurate, but thinking about it, I would really like if Lyla and Oliver had some plan going for awhile. She could be his tie to Barry (and vice versa) and she could've been in on her kidnapping. It would be a nice call back to the conversation they shared about willing to cross lines others won't. Plus, if she is the floater, it explains why she'd be willing to work with criminals as well as heroes. 

I know there are a ton of holes - what mother would willingly leave her child alone, etc., but when have plot holes stopped this show before. It could even link to why Digg is so pissed at Oliver.

• Love 5
(edited)

After reading more of the articles, I am just going to prepare myself for the possibility that they will leave team arrow as we know it as a big giant question mark...

I am starting to worry that they may go no more team arrow route....Diggle and oliver at odds, masks United with oliver/buckles/speedy, (please let me be wrong) Felicity relegated to running company/li, less of crime fighting partner.

I don't know how Felicity gets sidelined from the crimefighting since the new Arrow lair is...Palmer Technologies, i.e. her company. Edited by NumberCruncher

Exclusive: Marc Guggenheim on Arrow, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow and Jonas Quantum

The producer says the upcoming seasons of ‘Arrow’ and ‘The Flash’ will lead into the story of ‘DC’s Legends of Tomorrow.

And now we know what will drive the first half of season 4 while Damian Dhark is lurking in the background to be the BIG BAD in the backhalf of the season.  So there also will be more characters to introduce and prop too. 

• Love 8

It would be awesome if Katrina Law were a regular next season and not just recurring.  But isn't she also on another show right now?

"Only the student can defeat the master" has to be one of the most nonsensical lines the show has produced this season and that's saying a lot. I really hope it's something else that brought the revelation.

She is on another show? Guess the show will need to accommodate for the new Team than; Laurel looks like you have to be recurring. 

• Love 1

The fact that MG is actually talking about whether Diggle and Felicity will be able to trust Oliver from now on gives me hope.

The pictures of the episodes, where Felicity is beaming at Oliver while he only smiles in the ones looking and Nyssa and Malcolm make me think she's going to be so glad to get him back the rest doesn't matter.  sigh

IMDb isn't listing any other show for her.

Personally, I'm delighted at the idea. Nyssa being a regular mitigates my primary fear of increased GA/BC team ups next season, and I'm sure that if the first part of next season is about Sara returning (still to be confirmed), both Nyssa and Laurel will play a large part in that story.

Exclusive: Marc Guggenheim on Arrow, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow and Jonas Quantum

The producer says the upcoming seasons of ‘Arrow’ and ‘The Flash’ will lead into the story of ‘DC’s Legends of Tomorrow.

My work has that site blocked so I can't read the article but I wish that said season finales, not seasons.  I've only hung in this long waiting to see how they reintroduce Sara and for them not to give us anything this year... hopefully they are just holding out for the Flash finale and don't want to spoil it.

• Love 1

Any chance the super genius MG is writing a new comic book series for could be Felicity's dad?  I don't know anything at all about this hyper genius healer.  I am hoping some comic followers may know.

Not seeing Katana in any present day spoiler images makes me a bit sad.  I had hoped to see the she sword master face off against Ras.

Just a thought...what if the way to defeat Ras is to take away any potential for an heir to the demon.  If Nyssa were to team with Oliver and both refuse, what does the Ras who seems to need an heir asap do?

With Katrina Law at the CW UpFronts, does that mean we may be getting another regular?

I'm going to be in the minority and say I don't want this. Katrina Law is great but I can't deal with any more LOA related story. I wanted that story to be relegated to history once this season ended.

Plus, IMO they've had problems writing coherent storylines for the cast they already have. I want Diggle to have a real story next season and not be sidelined. I want Felicity to have an arc that is actually about her and not just propping up another character and most importantly I want them to stop removing Oliver from the story to make other characters (LL, RP) relevant.

And it seems like we are not going to get a return to Arrow-based stories in season 4. It's going to be another season written to launch an entire show this time around rather than a single character. I hate this idea because the writers end up twisting the characters into shells of their former selves to serve something else.

• Love 15

For those who can't read the CraveOnline article, here's some relevant portions:

One of my favorite storylines in Green Arrow involved Oliver becoming the mayor of Star City. Given the level of social responsibility that’s permeating throughout the entire series, is that something you’re ever thinking about getting to, or is he too young for that?

You know, we certainly talk about it in the writer’s room. We’re all very aware of that storyline. It does come up. I think the answer to that question, apart from the natural creative thing, is how long is the show going to run for? I don’t think that storyline would work for Season 4 or even necessarily Season 5, but depending upon how long the show gets to run, we could definitely find ourselves in that world.

We talked a bit about Season 3 of Arrow. I know you have to be vague, but what sort of story or themes do you want to tackle in Season 4?

We actually have a lot worked out for Season 4 already. We know what the theme of the year is going to be. I’m not quite sure I want to talk about it just yet. Season 3 hasn’t even ended yet. But I will say that we’re striving for a lighter tone in Season 4 than we have in Season 3. Season 3 started off with Sara’s death and as a result that carried through for the entire season, and I think there’s a big desire on our part to lighten things up a little bit.

You’ve got a whole wealth of characters in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow. I know it’s too early to talk in too much detail about it, but this is the third series we have in this TV continuity… is that enough for you guys? Or would you like to expand it more in the future?

Oh gosh. I think right now there’s all this discussion of human cloning, which is probably the only way we’re going to be able to do three shows. Honestly I don’t know. For us, we don’t have any designs on a magic number of shows, each one becomes one at a time. There’s not a long term game plan of, like, “Okay, we’re going to do [this] show this year and that show next year.” It’s really one step at a time, and we’ll just sort of see how things go. We still have so many more miles to go before we sleep on Legends. I can’t [speak] for Greg or Andrew but it’s impossible for me to think about another show beyond the three.

Well, there go my Felicity-led Birds of Prey dreams…

That would be very, very cool. That would be very, very cool, but for now, three shows is what you’ve got!

You surprised everyone when you said that Caity Lotz would be back. Then you said that Rip Hunter is going to be on the show, and I think everyone is assuming that time travel is going to be involved in her return. Is there going to be more of a mystery to it than that, or is it going to be pretty direct once the show begins?

I think what you’ll discover is there’s a fair amount of the story that’s going to be told in both Flash and Arrow prior to the premiere of Legends. Not all your questions may get answered in Legends. It may get answered in one of the two shows.

• Love 1

I don't want Nyssa to be a regular, either.  She's welcome to visit (although I'd like her out of the LOA), but she brings too many bad memories with her.

"Clearly, you have never watched Smallville... you lucky bastard.

This is Shakespeare by comparison."

I am usually fortunate enough to have no interest in stupid television shows, and I figured out that one would be stupid pretty quickly.  Arrow screwed me over by not becoming totally stupid until I was already in too deep to quit easily.  If they keep Nyssa and Oliver married, that might finally be my tipping point.

• Love 5