Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Hallucinating Felicity makes sense, except that it does feel like fanservice. But then, this whole plot does.

And it still doesn't make sense because if Oliver is hallucinating Felicity as the one he wants to marry, then the brainwashing isn't complete and he will be reluctant to wipe out the city where she lives.    I think I have to take stupid pills to make this work for me.

• Love 2

Quick jawbone discovery:

https://twitter.com/Felicitys_Arrow/status/593596247786684416

It certainly says something about this show that prior to tonight's episode, I thought Nyssa/Oliver was a possibility, and post episode, I'm much more inclined to think Felicity/Oliver. Or that the show is going to take pity on me and the poor salmon ladder and take five minutes of next week's episode to send the ladder crashing into the loving embrace of Barry's cosmic treadmill. (I can still hope.)

• Love 5

Hallucinating Felicity makes sense, except that it does feel like fanservice. But then, this whole plot does.

And it still doesn't make sense because if Oliver is hallucinating Felicity as the one he wants to marry, then the brainwashing isn't complete and he will be reluctant to wipe out the city where she lives.    I think I have to take stupid pills to make this work for me.

The third option is that maybe it's just KL and the trailer is fuzzy enough that you can't distinguish jawlines. On the other hand, he did envision killing Diggle, so I figure Felicity's got to show up at some point. Although that would make more sense if she showed up in a nice hallucination and then he did something terrible to her. But then again, he wouldn't be in a position where he'd have to choose to do something horrible to her like he was with not Diggle. 

The hallucination would make me think the brainwashing is real and he really isn't mostly in his right mind. But then again, he could be pretending and they're just showing us the hallucinations for ~dramatic effect. 

Edited by apinknightmare

Oh wow. Does this mean we're in for another week of "who really gets married?"

Someone kill me now.

I think it's going to be even worse this week because we have more information. Except we don't really.  Just the very very heavy anvil Ra's just dropped, and the Thea/Roy kiss.

Ra's specifically referred to some kind of drug in the Diggle hallucination so I'm holding out hope that that one was a drug-induced hallucination and Oliver is faking the brainwashing overall.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1

I guess I just don't understand why anyone would think that isn't ultimately Nyssa?

No way, no way is Ra's going to allow Oliver to marry Felicity, someone who is so tied to the person Ra's is trying desperately to get him not to be, so there's no way that's an approved marriage to Felicity. If that IS Felicity in the promo, it's either because Oliver is having an actual hallucination (if he is brainwashed) or is thinking about Felicity because it's easier to do what he has to do to keep up the ruse (if he's faking). Or because Felicity dresses up as the bride to give Nyssa like a 10 second advantage on some kind of attack. If this is the only wedding, then it's gonna be between Nyssa and Oliver.

If this one gets broken up and there's another one, then it could be anyone getting married. From MG's response to the person who asked him if the marriage was one of love of convenience, he replied with "I hope tonight's episode answers that question" or something. That points to there just being the one wedding, but we know he could be trolling, so...

• Love 5

I guess I just don't understand why anyone would think that isn't ultimately Nyssa?

No way, no way is Ra's going to allow Oliver to marry Felicity, someone who is so tied to the person Ra's is trying desperately to get him not to be, so there's no way that's an approved marriage to Felicity. If that IS Felicity in the promo, it's either because Oliver is having an actual hallucination (if he is brainwashed) or is thinking about Felicity because it's easier to do what he has to do to keep up the ruse (if he's faking). Or because Felicity dresses up as the bride to give Nyssa like a 10 second advantage on some kind of attack. If this is the only wedding, then it's gonna be between Nyssa and Oliver.

That's the one I'm hoping for.  There must be a reason why everyone including Felicity goes to Nanda Parbat to get Oliver back.  Surely she can't be going just to plead with him about his humanity; that would be disappointingly naive.

That's the one I'm hoping for.  There must be a reason why everyone including Felicity goes to Nanda Parbat to get Oliver back.  Surely she can't be going just to plead with him about his humanity; that would be disappointingly naive.

Sadly, I don't think they go to NP to get Oliver back. I think they go because Malcolm tips them off about the virus and they go to get it, which is a ruse to get them all to NP so he can lock them up and WREAK HAVOC on Starling City.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 2

Sadly, I don't think they go to NP to get Oliver back. I think they go because Malcolm tips them off about the virus and they go to get it, which is a ruse to get them all to NP so he can lock them up and WREAK HAVOC on Starling City.

Why wouldn't he just kill them?  Other than maybe Katana, he very easily could.

For the record, I no longer really care if they've written off Oliver, because I think I'm very close to writing him off myself.  He's an awful lot of trouble, and so very, very stupid.

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 1

Why wouldn't he just kill them?  Other than maybe Katana, he very easily could.

I think Malcolm and Ra's are working together, independently of Oliver. So, Malcolm will round 'em up and lock 'em up, and then Ra's is going to make Oliver kill them. 

• Love 1

I think Malcolm and Ra's are working together, independently of Oliver. So, Malcolm will round 'em up and lock 'em up, and then Ra's is going to make Oliver kill them.

If it turns out they've been working together the whole time, the season will definitely be less stupid.  However, Guggie has said there are no more mysteries re Sara's death, which would strongly imply they haven't been, at least not all season.  But I guess they could split the baby and have them working together NOW.  I despise Malcolm and loathe the fact that he's been getting away with everything all season, so that could turn him back into a real villain who can hopefully then be killed.

He wouldn't have been on board with eviscerating Thea, though...when do you think they started working together?

• Love 1

I wonder if Malcolm having bugged the lair is going to come back at some point? Like we're going to find out at some point (after he's revealed to be working with Ra's) that he bugged every single place and the reason why they talk about Oliver being gone and them moving on because they don't want Malcolm to know they have a plan, so when they go to NP and get locked up, it'll be a double fakeout because he doesn't know that they know? And Oliver's in on the whole thing somehow, IDK. This is crazy talk and I'm giving the writers too much credit, I'll see myself out. 

If it turns out they've been working together the whole time, the season will definitely be less stupid.  However, Guggie has said there are no more mysteries re Sara's death, which would strongly imply they haven't been, at least not all season.  But I guess they could split the baby and have them working together NOW.  I despise Malcolm and loathe the fact that he's been getting away with everything all season, so that could turn him back into a real villain who can hopefully then be killed.

He wouldn't have been on board with eviscerating Thea, though...when do you think they started working together?

Didn't MG say that there wasn't any more mystery around who killed Sara, not that there wasn't any mystery around her death? Even so, Malcolm drugged Thea to kill Sara - that's the same regardless of whether Malcolm and Ra's were working together to make it happen. 

To go balls-to-the-wall crazy pants, I'm going to say that Ra's and Malcolm have been working together all along, like ALL along. Since the undertaking. Maybe he's putting Malcolm through a series of tests to become the new Ra's, much like he's doing with Oliver, but with the actual intent of having Malcolm take his place (seems like the current state of things lends Malcolm to being a better leader since he's more aligned with the psycho philosophy). Duping Thea was just the first step in this new plan to get Oliver and everyone who would save the city out of it so Malcolm could finish the job he started with The Undertaking (the first test that he failed). There are definite plot holes to this theory, I know.

Was Ra's just holding onto that virus for the next heir to use to wipe out his city? I can't remember. Or was he planning to use it all along? Because if Nyssa has been in possession of it since she found out Oliver was offered to be Heir but hadn't accepted, what was he going to use the virus for? I can't remember if that was explained. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 3

Agree looptab. Speculation assumes logic on the parts of tiic . . . that things will eventually make sense.  Big assumption these days.

I will say, that if they go with a Nyssa/Oliver marraige, I can't imagine DVD sales going well. This alone gives me the slightest inkling of hope. But I have no desire to even attempt to understand what they are doing. 

Fingers crossed that promos will solve the issue.

The ONLY thing I look forward to is a potential HEA for Ray/Thea. Because they deserve one. Thea remaining with Roy would be a two thumbs up for Arrow not returning to Starling. 

• Love 2

So, Malcolm's totally working for the League again, isn't he? That's who Felicity's saying "We trusted you!" to, right? He offers to help them, but he's just being a backstabbing D.

Crazy theory... what if Malcolm is now working for Damian Darhk (sp)?

Also, KATANA!!!

and Felicity doesn't need a weapon to look freakin badass.

Also2: i'm back on board with Damian being Felicity's dad. it just feel too freakin obvious in a non obvious way. But i've been known to be wrong.

• Love 3

If Damian Dark was a contemporary of Ra's and took some of the LP water with him, that would make him over 200 years old too.  I don't see someone like that settling down with a cocktail waitress in Las Vegas for 7 or so years and building computers with his daughter.

Did MG really think that people would be excited to see an Oliver/Nyssa wedding next episode?  I don't get it.  I've had my fill of Evil Oliver this week and the last thing I want to see is whether poor Nyssa really has to go through the wedding with Oliver.  It's worse than a fanfic written by a 12 year old.

• Love 6

So after the extended promo, I'm thinking Felicity's "we trusted you" is to Merlyn. In the extended promo she says "you asked us to trust you, we trusted you".

It might have just been the editing, but I got the impression she's saying that to oliver, trying to pull him back out of al sahim. Makes me think about the talk she had (on the flash of course) where she says she trusted him because she knew he was a good person.

I completely agree, one ep of evil oliver is enough. I can not deal with the utter hopelessness of this situation. Real life sucks enough without layering this on.

Edited by chaos is welcome
  • Love 3

Going on record as saying I don't want the Big Bad next season to be Felicity's father. I can buy a Diggle connection to the Big Bad given his professional record, but I can't buy Felicity having a connection like that. I would prefer Felicity's father come into play as some amoral character whose assistance they need or who is an obstacle for them. But really don't want her to be the main line like that.

I can't get excited about the next episode. Which is sad because I love any plot that puts Felicity and Malcolm in the same room. And Thea and Roy. But this wedding is cheap and tacky storytelling. 

Edited by 10Eleven12
  • Love 8

It might have just been the editing, but I got the impression she's saying that to oliver, trying to pull him back out of al sahim. Makes me think about the talk she had (on the flash of course) where she says she trusted him because she knew he was a good person.

I think it's the editing. I have no idea why Oliver would ask them to trust him or why they even would at this point, since they think he's brainwashed. If I had to bet money, Malcolm screws them all over but good. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1

Can we all make a pact not to talk about the dreaded wedding until it's over? Damn it's just annoying now...

Seriously, I wish we could somehow do this but I think we all know if we had the strength not to talk about it we wouldn't be firmly entrenched in spoilers central.  I will promise not to talk about it until something new makes it impossible not to talk about again.  ;)

As for the "We trusted you!"   I would LOVE it to be Malcolm but it could be Oliver.  I still feel like there is something weird with the brainwashing but it is possible that 3.21 was written so that there were doubts so that in 3.22 it could be revealed that Oliver really is faking ONLY for the faking to be a fake out.  Or it could be Oliver just tricking them to keep them safe (so that in the end yes he was faking the brainwashing but he had to fake a fake out about the fake out)  Meaning really I don't have a clue. 

Beyond Malcolm, it could be Maseo who had helped them in the past or Tatsu, I mean, Katana is a hero but she wouldn't be the first hero with a shady beginning. Or maybe Felicity is yelling at Nyssa?  That one I would believe over Malcolm because she does not trust Malcolm.   

On Tumblr MG says if you are not surprised at some point in 3.22 then you are unsurprisable.  So far the only real surprise this show has served this season has been Sara's sudden death and Roy's faked death -well not his faked death but that TA had it all under control behind Oliver's back.  I am perfectly happy to be HAPPILY surprised again but it's the penultimate episode.  Good things do not usually happen in this episode. 

I hate myself for this... But I saw this on tumblr:

tumblr_inline_nnlwxdpF7R1qfnniy_540.png

It definitely looks like two people (Nyssa and Felicity)... Maybe they're going for the whole 'mirage' thing? Lol so cheesy. But it also shows Oliver's humanity seeping back in. 

• Love 3

To go balls-to-the-wall crazy pants, I'm going to say that Ra's and Malcolm have been working together all along, like ALL along. Since the undertaking. Maybe he's putting Malcolm through a series of tests to become the new Ra's, much like he's doing with Oliver, but with the actual intent of having Malcolm take his place (seems like the current state of things lends Malcolm to being a better leader since he's more aligned with the psycho philosophy). Duping Thea was just the first step in this new plan to get Oliver and everyone who would save the city out of it so Malcolm could finish the job he started with The Undertaking (the first test that he failed). There are definite plot holes to this theory, I know.

I love that theory! And it would explain why S3 is supposed to be a kind of closure of a three-season-arc. Didn´t MG talk about a "trilogy" that comes to an end with the S3 finale?

Edited by Kordi

I know that the spoiler says that a wedding completes, but if Oliver/Nyssa actually end up getting married in 3x22 I think that I'm done with this show. There's absolutely no even remotely logical reason for that to happen.

Edited by DrSpaceman10
  • Love 4

I don't have the strength to stay away from Tumblr, although this might be better for the sake of sanity, as somebody mentioned...

I found some nice speculations from smoaknarrows, apparently the lady who got the 3x09 script with the "remember 3.20" hint from SA. She wrote a post that she called "Love and marriage - A review of Arrow 3x21 Al Sah-Him", but actually it's more a kind of spec for 3x22 - based on previous episodes + spoilers - than a review of 3x21. That's why I post the link in this thread:

http://smoaknarrows.tumblr.com/post/117756637557/love-and-marriage-a-review-of-arrow-3x21-al

These are only two paragraphs, but the whole post is an interesting read:

[...] You know what has bothered me all season about Oliver? He doesn’t learn his lesson. Take for instance everything that has happened with Malcolm. Diggle asked him at one point what his contingency plan was for Malcolm (back before he went to face Ra’s the first time) and Oliver said he didn’t have a contingency plan. Then when Oliver went to face Ra’s he didn’t have a contingency plan. Then when the league showed up and killed Thea…he didn’t have a contingency plan. Each and every time, he just gave up and said “they won” … and that really pisses me off! Come on Oliver! You are smart! Catch you with your pants down once, shame on them, twice, shame on you, three times…now I’m beginning to question your intelligence and your ability to learn…and whether you actually like going without pants. *ahem*

So…maybe Oliver did learn his lesson. Maybe he had begun to form a contingency plan even when Digg and Felicity and Thea were still back in Nanda Parbat. And that’s why he told Thea when she left to never forget that he loves her…and to tell Digg that they were brothers no matter what…and to refuse to tell Felicity goodbye but to tell her to be happy (which she already told him she’d be happy as long as he was in her life). Was he trying to pass clues on to each of them? Maybe a heads up that, hey, I’m gonna be an evil butt in the next episode, but bear with me because it’s all part of the plan? [...]

• Love 1

Is it just me or does it feel like 3.20 happened a month ago?

It does. I mean what other show would have a couple finally get together after three seasons and then in the next episode marry one of those characters off to someone else?

Edited by DrSpaceman10
  • Love 1

Crazy theory... what if Malcolm is now working for Damian Darhk (sp)?

Also, KATANA!!!

and Felicity doesn't need a weapon to look freakin badass.

Also2: i'm back on board with Damian being Felicity's dad. it just feel too freakin obvious in a non obvious way. But i've been known to be wrong.

I was just coming to Post that theory here and you beat me to it @foreverevolving.

I think I would like it way more if Malcolm was revealed to be in cahoots With Damian & Hive. It just makes for a better storyline, IMO, than Malcolm & Ra's being Evil Matchmakers together. Malcolm left in in a mighty big hurry when Moira threatened him with Ra's in Season 2, so this is who I could envision him running to because he is afraid of Ra's wrath and the LOA? 

It would also make more sense (to me) about targeting Sara and sending Oliver to fight Ra's if Malcolm was trying to stir shit up for Ra's to win Damian's Approval/Protection. I think it would be interesting to see the season end with Ra's Defeated and and Malcolm going to Damian Dahrk and saying something along the lines of "Your will has been done".

Malcolm should know some pressure points for Nyssa and Ra's, like her sexuality and Ra's apparent desire for Heirs. His manipulating Oliver and brainwashing Thea and then grovelling to Ra's also seems to make more sense, to me, in this context (I'm not really sure why it just does).

I'm also one for Oliver playing the long con or fighting off the effect of the drug he is under. I feel we know that he has a tolerance to drugs and he pretty easily, fought off the effects of Vertigo in 3.01. Like many have said he has survived much worse than what he endured for 3 weeks under Ra's. Also in my mind Evil Oliver reverts back to careless thoughtless ID centric behaviour, like pissing on cops, basically he would be a worse versions of "Ollie" who has no self control or discipline. This evil Oliver is too careful and too controlled and very sure not to hurt anyone beyond more than what they can endure. And it would be nice if, for once this season, Oliver will have a plan that he successfully executes, as mention above by @Kordi.

I'm not sure if I'm on-board for Damian Dahrk as Felicity's Father it could go either way for me. I will officially start calling him DarkhVader if he does turn out to be her Dad. Maybe he hooked Malcolm up with those spyware/camera's that Felicity could not detect.

And finally, Yeah I think the TPTB are fucking with the fandom and will be having on-screen scenes of Oliver marrying both Felicity and Nyssa (one real and one fake) for their own perverse Shits and Giggles (and possibly ratings by maybe having the bride reveal in 3.23). SMH.

Edited by Genki
  • Love 7

I think I would like it way more if Malcolm was revealed to be in cahoots With Damian & Hive. It just makes for a better storyline, IMO, than Malcolm & Ra's being Evil Matchmakers together. Malcolm left in in a mighty big hurry when Moira threatened him with Ra's in Season 2, so this is who I could envision him running to because he is afraid of Ra's wrath and the LOA? 

Yeah, I can see Malcolm working with HIVE as well - Damian Darhk's got to play into things since Ra's mentioned him last night, so I wouldn't be surprised if that's it, and it would explain why JB said Malcolm would be back in S4. 

And finally, Yeah I think the TPTB are fucking with the fandom and will be having on-screen scenes of Oliver marrying both Felicity and Nyssa (one real and one fake) for their own perverse Shits and Giggles (and possibly ratings by maybe having the bride reveal in 3.23). SMH.

I guess I just don't understand how if this is a League wedding, regardless of what we actually see, how it could ever, ever be possible that it was Felicity? Unless Ra's allowed it because Al Sah-him was behaving himself, but even that doesn't make any damn sense because brainwashed or pretending, Al Sah-him doesn't love Felicity, so it's not such a reward after all. Unless it's to punish Felicity for something, in which case she'd also be forced into it, which no. And that would just continue the tradition of Ra's being the STUPIDEST. VILLAIN. EVER. to allow someone from Oliver's life, someone he has a deep connection to, unrestricted access to him while he's brainwashed (real or not). 

If he actually marries Felicity, it's because we find out that he's not actually brainwashed and he goes to her before the ceremony and "marries" her because he loves her and wants her to be the one he's married to, not Nyssa because he knows he's getting ready to get out (but why would he do this since it's a League ritual? IDK), or if they pull some weird-ass face mask thing where Felicity is made up to look like Nyssa (in which case I'd rather Oliver just marry Nyssa, because no). 

ETA: I'm so angry I typed all this out when proof that it's Nyssa showed up AS I WAS TYPING

Edited by apinknightmare

The New Zealand promo appears to settle who the marriage will actually be between. Also, Ray in Nanda Parbat? Oh joy.

However, don't think it's unlikely hallucinations about that bride might be involved for Oliver...

CD1ZfhFWAAIm67s.png

• Love 1

Yeah, Ray being there in Nanda Parbat makes me think the "shocker" is that Malcolm's working with either Ra's or Damien Darhk to get all the SC heroes rounded up so that he can go unleash that virus while they're locked up. 

So, if it turns out that Malcolm is working with HIVE, do we think Oliver found this out at some point after he came back to SC after his death and he's been playing along in order to oust Ra's, and that's going to be another twist? It could drive an additional wedge between Oliver and Diggle, knowing that Oliver willingly went in with the group that had his brother killed in order to get at the League.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1

Since they seem to be trying to redeem Malcolm, I wonder if he is working with Oliver? Getting the gang out of Starling City could be a way to stop them from getting infected with the virus without tipping Ra's off to the fact that Oliver isn't brainwashed. 

Felicity needs to wear more pants. She looks awesome here!

tumblr_nnli0m3z5i1qd9k4so2_500.gif

Now would be a really good time for Felicity to have that invisibility device that LEGO Felicity has...

From the extended promo, it looks like Felicity is yelling that "you asked us to trust you, we trusted you" line at Oliver (unless it's editing).  Maybe in that beach stand-off, he gets them to back down by telling them to trust him.  Then he locks them up.

I think Oliver really is brainwashed in 3x21, but glimmers of the real Oliver remain inside him.  He did not lose his memories - just his emotions.  He remembers everything and everyone. He remembered John Diggle and Lyla. He remembered that Felicity is not a physical fighter and would (normally) not carry weapons.  He just doesn't care anymore.  He's like Angel without his soul.  However, the glimmers of the old Oliver remain in that:  (1) he should've easily defeated Diggle, but he didn't (though question as to whether he really would've delivered the death blow without Thea's intervention?);  and (2) he gave permission for his henchman not to search Felicity (he should've remembered the Slade fake-out and not underestimated her, plus he didn't want anyone touching her).

I think Oliver will somehow snap out of the brainwashing by the end of 3x22 and then pretend to still be brainwashed in 3x23 in order to save Starling City.

Also, here's my crack theory of the day:  Maseo is still an ARGUS agent.  Waller heard that the LOA has a vial of the deadly virus and sent in Maseo undercover to infiltrate the LOA and find the vial.  That's why Tatsu comes to Starling City in 3x22 and contacts Team Arrow.  Malcolm probably tells them about the wedding and the plan to infect Starling City (he probably has a mole in the LOA).  So that's why they all go to Nanda Parbat in 3x22.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 5

I hope there won't be a Nyssa/Oliver sex scene - not even an implied one. To me, that would be sexual assault if not even all-out rape.

It that wedding ever reaches its conclusion (still holding out hope that it gets interrupted and the actual wedding is between Thea and Roy, even though that doesn't make much sense given that Roy's leaving, but whatever), I'm guessing shit's going down in relatively short order after the ceremony is completed. I'm still hoping Nyssa at least has a plan, because what's the point of her saying she's not afraid of Ra's if she's then going to turn around and marry Oliver when she doesn't want to? 

Edited by apinknightmare

Thanks for showing the big plot reveals, New Zealand promo people! We can always count on you and the Asia guys. So, on the one hand, the NZ promo actually shows Nyssa right next to Oliver during the ceremony so, at least, we know for sure the wedding is happening between Nyssa/Oliver. On the other hand, that promo totally means that the 100%-certain theories and other speculations will now focus on whether or not it's 'Real or Not Real', Peeta-style. This wedding plot point remains stupid, though.

Oh, Palmer's at Nanda Parbat, too. 'Kay. I wonder if Tatsu sought out Felicity/Team Arrow. And, if she did, why now?

If Malcolm really is working with one of the big bads and if he really has been enacting some big evil plan, I think it's more likely with Damien Darhk than Ra's and this is their ploy to destroy the League of Assassins from the inside.

I hope there won't be a Nyssa/Oliver sex scene - not even an implied one. To me, that would be sexual assault if not even all-out rape.

I doubt this wedding/marriage they're forcing Oliver and Nyssa into will progress that far. There has to be a line the writers won't cross or, at least, someone on the show with some sense had to have realized the implications of this kind of scene.

• Love 2

For both Oliver and Nyssa.

• Love 8