Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Even if they line them back up, Oliver is still interrupting the big final push v. Ra's to go help Barry.  It's odd.  

Both shows are filming episode 22, the final episode is 23. I don't expect to see any crossovers in 323 or 123

Yes, the episode with Oliver helping Barry is apparently Flash 22.  Which means he's running off to help Barry in the middle of the big finale, which the prior two seasons has been a cohesive whole, usually adding up to about a day.  It's nice that he can take a break from doing whatever against Ra's to dash off to Central City.

Edited by AyChihuahua

With Barry having messed with time, and given that Reverse Flash is in that pic too, I'm not even sure that we can count on Oliver being there as being part of a current, real timeline. Someone over on SpoilerTV thought maybe this was a version of the Flashpoint Paradox - so maybe it's an AU Oliver that's helping Barry in that shot, and Barry gets the timeline to rights by the end of the episode/season. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 6

Flash is one week behind Arrow for the Ray cross-over but the timeline can reset after that. It doesn't need to stay that way till the end of the season.

Unless I'm misunderstanding you, The Flash is going to be one episode behind Arrow for the rest of the season. Arrow's finale airs May 13, Flash's finale airs May 19. Neither one is airing next week (and by next week I mean the week after this coming week).

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 1

With Barry having messed with time, and given that Reverse Flash is in that pic too, I'm not even sure that we can count on Oliver being there as being part of a current, real timeline. Someone over on SpoilerTV thought maybe this was a version of the Flashpoint Paradox - so maybe it's an AU Oliver that's helping Barry in that shot, and Barry gets the timeline to rights by the end of the episode.

That makes sense.

• Love 1

With statements like:  "gamechanging", "Oliver's relationship with Starling will change" and threats/promises of Oliver's relationship with Diggle fundamentally changing, if episode 1 was "The Calm" then episode 23 will be...what?... "The Disturbance"/""Chaos"/"Unsettling"/"The Storm".  They are determined to change the show and predicting what someone who wants to create a spectacle will do is very hard. 

To be spectacular is not a goal.  Many spectacular things are downright disturbing and not fun to experience.  What would be entertaining is yet another question.  The spoilers make that one a bit harder to answer. 

• Love 3

I honestly don't think that the EPs understand that epic/ game changing is always entertaining? Which is a shame. Also they don't understand that beating down the titular character/ dumbing him down is entertaining either. Most people tune into a show to be entertained, not to be depressed. 

• Love 8

If they're really gonna do Flashpoint on Flash, I just hope it's a super watered down version of it, because Flashpoint didn't end with Barry fixing the timeline, it ended with him creating an entirely new timeline -- the new52.

• Love 3

SA retweeted a pic from that Maldonado guy, which showed a set from the Climb-the Stonehenge-like rocks where the duel took place. Maldonado wrote something like "Where did the time go? 15 days left", but I don't know whether it's an old photo he rehashed or they're going to shoot there again.  Possible Duel 2.0?

Edited by looptab
  • Love 1

I haven't been watching this season and just decided to look at the forum to see if it was a mistake to have quit but so far no regrets here. :) Just to jump in the wedding speculation, I say future... Oliver getting married showing him he can be Oliver Queen and the Arrow and the wife being shown wearing her veil so a lot of speculation can build over the summer as to who he's marrying.

• Love 1

Thea to Roy.  He tried to break up with her, she said no, then he found some hoochie to make out with to piss her off so she'd dump him, because he freaked out when he nearly killed that guy on the dance floor who bumped into him (plus Oliver told him to).

Yeah, I rewatch S1 and S2 a lot.   

He's turned out to be a surprisingly great boyfriend/ex-boyfriend/boyfriend again.  I really hope he's just in jail for a bit and not dead.  

• Love 3

Technically only Thea and Roy have had a relationship and then called it off to warrant this dialogue.

Some people - probably high or drunk or both - on twitter are calling it to be a Laurel/Oliver dialogue. I was like "Son, just stop."

Funny, for an episode supposedly high on action, both dialogue teases are extremely shippy!

• Love 9

Couple wise its the only thing that makes sense plus the speculation of Roy's death…sounds like they really want to make it hurt. I have a feeling it really will.

I didn't even care about Roy until he became quippy installation art in the Arrow cave. And now I feel like I'm going to be really upset if/when he bites it. 

• Love 13

I didn't even care about Roy until he became quippy installation art in the Arrow cave. And now I feel like I'm going to be really upset if/when he bites it. 

Ain't it just like them though, just as I start to care about a character they decide to off him? 

• Love 4

Roy forced the break up so I could see him take the blame for it, but its probably Thea.

Technically, Oliver and Laurel didn't break up. He left to have sexcapades with her sister and then they 'died.' She thought they were still together at the goodbye. S1 was a hookup. He ditched again…. But if they want to live in their head canon 

Edited by 10Eleven12
  • Love 2

I haven't been watching this season and just decided to look at the forum to see if it was a mistake to have quit but so far no regrets here. :) Just to jump in the wedding speculation, I say future... Oliver getting married showing him he can be Oliver Queen and the Arrow and the wife being shown wearing her veil so a lot of speculation can build over the summer as to who he's marrying.

Hmm pretty original idea, at least one I haven't hear yet. I like it

Some people are hoping its a line between Ray and Felicity, but can I say No. If Ray saying to Felicity, then that means he did the breaking up. If its Felicity to Ray, that means she thinks she is an idiot for ending it. No No No.

That being said, if breaking up is a theme this episode….

• Love 1

Some people are hoping its a line between Ray and Felicity, but can I say No. If Ray saying to Felicity, then that means he did the breaking up. If its Felicity to Ray, that means she thinks she is an idiot for ending it. No No No.

Plus, I feel confident in saying that neither Ray nor Felicity would say "in the history of forever." 

• Love 2

Honestly, this sounds like 100% like a cute, dopey thing Roy would say, not Thea. But I think it's definitely them. Maybe the writers forgot who broke up with whom? That wouldn't surprise me either. 

Roy never wanted to break up with Thea, it is her idiot brother who forced it. Thea, on the other hand, actually told him off in Corto Maltese that they should just be friends. Considering she moved on from Roy (who is like THE BEST BOYFRIEND in Arrow verse) to DJ Assassin who wanted to kill her in her post coital bliss, this could be her dialogue. I mean she should think that she is the biggest idiot ever to ditch poor - now electrocuted - Roy with his perfect jawline and perfect cheekbones and permanent sass.

Plus, I feel confident in saying that neither Ray nor Felicity would say "in the history of forever." 

And they have to go to Central City as a couple for that Flash episode. That anticipated break up will most probably happen in 3x19

Edited by TanyaKay
  • Love 2

Roy never wanted to break up with Thea, it is her idiot brother who forced it. Thea, on the other hand, actually told him off in Corto Maltese that they should just be friends. Considering she moved on from Roy (who is like THE BEST BOYFRIEND in Arrow verse) to DJ Assassin who wanted to kill her in her post coital bliss, this could be her dialogue. 

Oh, definitely. It just seems more "Roy" to me than Thea, that's all. Although I'm sure it'll be her saying it. 

I mean she should think that she is the biggest idiot ever to ditch poor - now electrocuted - Roy with his perfect jawline and perfect cheekbones and permanent sass.

He really is the best, poor guy.

• Love 1

LOL, I've never minded Roy, always thought he was a good addition to the Arrowcave -- seen, not heard, except for the occasional snarky remark. And Colton being so personable off-screen certain helped me like his character. But I've never seen this much love until very recently -- it's because we think he's dying, isn't it?

Agree with the speculation here that the dialogue tease is from Thea to Roy.

• Love 2

Thea to Roy probably while he dying, or right before he dies. Haha awww, Poor Roy. 

Honestly I think using Roy less benefitted him greatly, I honestly believe green actors improve with time on set watching other actors who are better, and when they get writing that is to their level. I think that's been the case this season Roy is one of the few bright spots of S3.

• Love 1

Thea & Roy makes more sense than Oliver. I was reading the line as Oliver and it just set wrong with me, because.. "in the history...." doesn't sound like something he would ever say, Thea or Roy on the other hand? absolutly.

And someone needs to take the kool-aid away from those Laurilvar(sp?) shippers, they should try switching to red wine, I heard one of the red from the 1982 rothschild lafite is pretty awesome (FYI just checked how much is a bottle: 4k!!! If a guy will bring me a wine that cost that much and open it with a bow and Arrow and let a single drop of that fall on the floor, I may use said bow and arrow on him- I may also marry said guy for buying me a 4k bottle of wine).

Just finished suicidal tendencies, and I feel like they are beating us over the head with the parallels.

Last year the Ss episode featured sara/oliver deciding to trust each other/take down Slade togehter. (Forever bitter ab how vulnerable oliver was in the "together?" "Together" dialog when they ended up killing sara anyway.). Anyway, this is such a parallel to the Ray/Felicity spat I feel like they are beating us over the head with it (or they are just terribly unoriginal....probably that). Last year SS was 16, and sara bailed on good ole Ollie, a la the light that's still inside you speech, in 20.

I really don't think they will keep ray with Felicity past 20 or 21.

I will say, this is the first time I've been semi eager to speculate.

After watching this ep, I do feel it was intentional Ray was shown to be a minister, and tend to lean toward him being involved in that 2nd wedding Guggenheim teased.

Also hoping that Oliver's presence in LOA garb is a part of that alternate timeline. With Felicity/Ray set to interact with star labs, I am curious how everything will play in.

• Love 2

I'm curious to know peoples reaction to Ray on The Flash. Perhaps they'll like him better with better writing.

That line could be from Ray...oh wait is it an ep 18 spoiler? In which case yes Thea and Roy.

I'm positive that the line isn't between Ray and Felicity -- the writers just want us to hope it is.

Of all the characters this year, Laurel, Ray, Roy, Thea, Malcolm and Ra's, I think the only one they actually hit the sweet spot in terms of writing and acting for is Roy, although Thea is good too. So of course, Roy is getting prepped to die..

My bet is that the History of line is definitely between Thea/Roy. Funny, when I read it in my head off twitter it sounded just like something Thea would say. It has her snarky whimsy to it.

As for the recent love towards Roy. I think he's been utilized very well this season. His moments have provided some lightness & heart. And the way he's helped Thea thats been sweet. He's had some weird moments in regards to MM, but that seems to be an affliction for everyone this season to make plot work. Really hope they don't kill him. But a trip to jail wouldn't be the worse thing. Although after last episode, I'd be okay if he just told Oliver he's gonna use some of his sick days for a well needed vacation.

• Love 1

Lol, sounds like the cliffhanger ending of a Desperate Housewives finale. Which season was that again? 5? 6?

Edited by strikera0

LOL, I've never minded Roy, always thought he was a good addition to the Arrowcave -- seen, not heard, except for the occasional snarky remark. And Colton being so personable off-screen certain helped me like his character. But I've never seen this much love until very recently -- it's because we think he's dying, isn't it?

Agree with the speculation here that the dialogue tease is from Thea to Roy.

Not for me. I've liked Roy from day one myself. I've thought he was good to Thea and just a kind decent soul deep down inside. And he's pretty funny.  What really sold me on Roy was the scene when he told Thea to just punch him. I'm going to be a really unhappy camper if he dies :(. Or really any of OGTA dies.

• Love 5

This is Roy Harper dropping some truth bombs in season 2. I actually always liked him. In fact I was quite pissed at the writers that he was inducted in the team in 2x12  and was conveniently dropped from the storyline. From 2x13 - 2x17 they forgot him & later Thea & Felicity as well, and turned the show into Sara Lance/Lance Family Drama. Even Oliver Queen took a back seat into the whole saga. Those were dark times.

tumblr_n3kngvpz4c1qkl9oso10_250.giftumblr_n3kngvpz4c1qkl9oso8_250.giftumblr_n3kngvpz4c1qkl9oso7_250.gif

• Love 7

This is Roy Harper dropping some truth bombs in season 2. I actually always liked him. In fact I was quite pissed at the writers that he was inducted in the team in 2x12 and was conveniently dropped from the storyline. From 2x13 - 2x17 they forgot him & later Thea & Felicity as well, and turned the show into Sara Lance/Lance Family Drama. Even Oliver Queen took a back seat into the whole saga. Those were dark times.

tumblr_n3kngvpz4c1qkl9oso10_250.giftumblr_n3kngvpz4c1qkl9oso8_250.giftumblr_n3kngvpz4c1qkl9oso7_250.gif

I love the first gif with Sara. It was a finally moment for me because everyone ignored that relationship.

But then forgot afraid for Roy because Sara could hurt him.

Edited by Password

I was not a huge fan of Roy in S2, but I think Laurel joining the Team has made me appreciate the way they introduced Roy. To me, Laurel was very much forced into the Team dynamic and it feels unwelcome. Even with regard to Felicity and Diggle, who are supposed to be on her side in that debate. Looking back, Roy was handled a lot more organically. Now in S3 they managed to crave out a place for him that doesn't throw off the original three (which is something that I find important). 

I really hope that whatever happens in 3x19, leaves the door open for him to return. Maybe he could be in another coma. They could make it a running joke thru the seasons. Coma Roy.

Edited by 10Eleven12
  • Love 8
(edited)

I started liking Roy in S2 once he stopped being annoying (end of S1).  I think it was the Boze webisodes "Blood Rush", he was snarky and fun and the Roy/Felicity interactions were amusing, that one me over. After that, I really started to enjoy him, I think Colton does well with that snarky, one liner role plus the funny reactions he and DR would have in the background of scenes.

Roy isn't my favorite character but he's grown on me (what little I've watched of S3).  I'd hate to see him killed off, which of course just means he's a Dead Man Walking

Back to the dialog tease, as soon as I read it, I said Thea to Roy.  It could be Roy to Thea but it's definitely those two characters.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2

I love Roy and I definitely think its his line because Oliver made him initiate the breakup.  I really hope he doesn't die.  I've thought Quentin was a goner this season before I read a single spoiler about a death and before the latest rift with Laurel so I really do think he is going to bite it.  I'm hoping his death is enough this season and we get to keep Roy.

Besides, honestly, killing Roy just makes zero sense to me.  I know in terms of Arrow logistics, it eliminates a character in a bloated show, spurs Thea to become speedy, etc... but it would also justify Oliver's belief that you can't have happiness and be a vigilante, make him feel more and more like he is a danger to those he cares about, make him feel weak because he can't protect his friend/side-kick, etc... In other words, it would cause the opposite of character growth for Oliver.  And if it doesn't - if Roy dies and Oliver actually decides to embrace life and become a fun character in season four - I might hate him for it. 

Furthermore, Roy's death should be a serious blow to all of Team Arrow - book-ending a depressing season from Sara's death to Roy's and I don't think the show can introduce one iota of happy if they go there and I'm not sure I can take much more broody depression.

Then there is the Arrowverse at large where is they wanted Roy off the show - they could do the break-up that the characters have in the comics (Roy does go on his own at one point I believe) and transition the character to the new ATOM spin-off (which could draw in more fans) or give TNT the chance to use him on Titans (which could transition established fans to a relatively unheard of new show - I know different network, but sister company so it works).  So yea, in the grand scheme of things - I can see no reason to waste the potential of this character through a permanent death.

On the other hand, Quentin is at a point where his death would be emotional to Laurel, Oliver, and even Felicity and Roy, but it wouldn't sink the show into such a morose state that these characters couldn't recover from it.  If his death scene is filled with forgiveness to Oliver, it could even be what spurs him to a more positive role in season four. 

Of course, maybe I am just in denial, but logically speaking - I can't believe Roy will die.  Of course, I'm also in denial that they will LP any character that has been dead and in the ground because of the issues it would cause in the future (every character death would leave fans going well just LP them!).  I'm still thinking clones (Shadow) will show up (Caity's Sara?) before they LP someone who has been dead for months lol.

Edited by nksarmi
  • Love 1

Not for me. I've liked Roy from day one myself. I've thought he was good to Thea and just a kind decent soul deep down inside. And he's pretty funny.  What really sold me on Roy was the scene when he told Thea to just punch him. I'm going to be a really unhappy camper if he dies :(. Or really any of OGTA dies.

I liked Roy right away, too.  I thought the up-and-down look he gave Thea in his doorway when she showed up (I think the second time) was hilarious.  And he was a weirdly great boyfriend pretty much right away.  My only problem with Roy was that Colton Haynes wasn't able to handle all the Mirakuru drama.  He's not a very good dramatic actor, at least not yet.  But he was good at the humor and snark and even romantic stuff pretty quickly.  I think he's better at love scenes than SA is...I've not found any of SA's love scenes at all sexy, especially when contrasted with my three fave sexy network scenes: Damon and Elena makeout at the cheap road motel; Zoe and Wade after George's wedding; and Peter and Olivia dream scene in Welcome to Westfield...those were network-rated but still seriously hot, so it's doable.  I did like the hospital kiss, but that was probably because it was so chaste.  So I am expecting disappointment when Oliver and Felicity finally get it on.

• Love 1

I think I read in some interview (I believe it was from Paley Fest-can't remember the exact source,sorry) that Roy would "start being more independent"or something along those lines. Sure,it could be just Colton trying to defuse the rumors, but if he has to leave I'd prefer he went on his own than he died.

Except, up until now the narrative doesn't really suggest Roy could/would be up to leave Team Arrow and do his thing away from them. So maybe Colton was talking about Roy taking the initiative and investigate things, like he did in 316? Or he was plain trolling-strong possibility.

Edited by looptab
  • Love 1

I think I read in some interview (I believe it was from Paley Fest-can't remember the exact source,sorry) that Roy would "start being more independent"or something along those lines. Sure,it could be just Colton trying to defuse the rumors, but if he has to leave I'd prefer he went on his own than he died.

Except, up until now the narrative doesn't really suggest Roy could/would be up to leave Team Arrow and do his thing away from them. So maybe Colton was talking about Roy taking the initiative and investigate things, like he did in 316? Or he was plain trolling-strong possibility.

Well they did sprinkle in a little conflict between Roy and Oliver earlier this season which they might think is enough to lay the ground work for a big blow up.  Plus Oliver did leave his electrocuted butt off to the sidelines without checking on him. :)

I think it could mean that if Oliver joins LoA, Roy stays behind and he and Laurel (and maybe even Thea) become their own team.  With the line about Oliver sees all these other people protecting the city and it plays into his decision - I have to believe Roy is alive and well and the one that Oliver trusts the most to protect Starling City. 

• Love 1