Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

The owner of this script page tweeted remember 3.20 last night.  She allegedly has some other information about the episode that she promised (SA maybe?) she wouldn't tell people until after it airs.

Did she maybe say whether it was good info or bad info? Or do you think it is implied that it will be good. Because at the moment, I am just so ready for anything that gets me excited again. I did not really care that much for this weeks episode. 

But the big moment could just be an emotional good-bye between Oliver and Felicity, couldn't it? Given the direction of the last two episodes, they could still be pushing the idea that Felicity thinks of him as one of her best friends, not a romantic interest. Oliver, knowing that he's leaving forever for the LoA, won't be so cruel as to dangle another "I love you" this time, and tells her to be happy and go on with her life, leaving her in the clear to go re-enact the Superman-Lois flying scene with Ray in 3x21, explaining the "Love is in the air" tweet by EBR. (I really don't think MG and these writers would pass up a chance to blatantly rip off an iconic Superman scene when they have actual Superman in their sweaty fanboy hands.)

I'm in complete agreement with the Superman bit, but otherwise, no: the past two episodes went out of their way to emphasize that Felicity does have romantic feelings for Oliver - one of the reasons her final scene with Ray didn't quite work for me. 

In this week's episode, I saw a few small movements toward a future Oliver & Laurel hookup - more friendly talking, Oliver putting his hand on Laurel's shoulder, Laurel protecting Oliver against Ray and Quentin.  Then there's the spoiler about Laurel going far for Oliver in a future episode.  I really do think that MG wants to reunite them in the future, so he's slowly putting down building blocks towards a future relationship.  I really hope not, but these EPs could be considering this for season 5.

This observation surprises me, given how much of the episode either focused on Oliver and Felicity or indirectly commented on Oliver/Felicity (the Deadshot stuff).  Oliver's only real interaction with Laurel was the "nice dress" and the comment about her wrist brace, but otherwise his focus was on Felicity, and Laurel was very much back to a minor supporting role here.

Sure, the show could go back to Oliver/Laurel: I just see no signs of this. 

Edited by quarks
  • Love 8

Since we are spoiled we know Ray is injured and not Felicity in 3.18.  I wonder if Maseo is just firing at random, changes his mind or targets Felicity and Ray "heroically" pushes her out of harms way?  Then we know in 3.19 Oliver seeks his help since he is keeping a low profile.  So we are getting at least a 3-episode arc of Ray from misguided ineffective hero to full on hero?  If 3.20 is all Nanda Parbat is Ray going?  After all, EBR's hair was down in the BTS pictures.  Usually that's a "I have scenes with Ray" thing. 

Going  forward with Oliver & Felicity from MG's Tumblr

3.18 5 Seconds

3.19 WTF

3.20 Equal Very Good & Very Bad Scene (on a Jet?)

3.21 Oliciters probably won't be happy

3.22 ?

3.23 ?

I have seen a lot of spec hear and elsewhere regarding 3.20 and people thinking F says ILY to O.  If so what are they doing with R 3.20-3.23?  He has to share scenes with somebody doesn't he?

@Belinea   She seems excited. The Tweet reads:" Everyone please PLEASE remember 3.20!  Stephen wrote that on my script for a reason! I promise!"

Edited by Sunshine

In this week's episode, I saw a few small movements toward a future Oliver & Laurel hookup - more friendly talking, Oliver putting his hand on Laurel's shoulder, Laurel protecting Oliver against Ray and Quentin.  Then there's the spoiler about Laurel going far for Oliver in a future episode.  I really do think that MG wants to reunite them in the future, so he's slowly putting down building blocks towards a future relationship.  I really hope not, but these EPs could be considering this for season 5.

I don't mean this as snark, I promise, but I love that we're to the point where if these two are even vaguely friendly/decent toward one another that we start thinking about future hookup plans. I thought the "beautiful dress" line was interesting, until he used that as an opening to bring up the cast. And I'm glad that she's so clearly on his side with Ray and Quentin. I'd be judging her if she wasn't - she knows that Oliver's being framed and Ray turning him in puts her in danger too. I think her going far for him is going to involve her letting him out of jail, because the stills released from the next episode seem to indicate that he gets taken into custody - and with the summary for 3x19 saying that Felicity orders him to lay low because people are still out for the Arrow, I'm guessing his release wasn't on the up and up. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 4

Other than the news chat a while back citing reduced crime, we don't really know what the people of Starling think about the Arrow.  Carrie Cutter's distorted gratitude (infatuation) for being saved gave another perspective.  The next episode titled "Public Enemy" assumes we have a feel for what the public makes of their local arrow shooting vigilante.  Could it be possible that Quentin ultimately makes himself the public enemy by going after a local hero with spite?

Other than the news chat a while back citing reduced crime, we don't really know what the people of Starling think about the Arrow.  Carrie Cutter's distorted gratitude (infatuation) for being saved gave another perspective.  The next episode titled "Public Enemy" assumes we have a feel for what the public makes of their local arrow shooting vigilante.  Could it be possible that Quentin ultimately makes himself the public enemy by going after a local hero with spite?

I thought the the press conference and Ray's deciding to go after the Arrow was oddly placed in this episode, because while yes, killing criminals is absolutely wrong because everyone deserves their due process, it seemed to me like all of this dogged determination to bring the Arrow to justice was misplaced and should've come after the mayor got shot and more civilians were being targeted? I know there's a two-pronged approach at work here, with law enforcement coming for Arrow first and then presumably in 3x18 public opinion will start turning, I just thought everyone getting up in arms about the Arrow murdering people would've been better placed once innocent people were getting skewered. Which is what I guess is going to happen with RP and Maseo taking aim for Felicity. 

Question is, since Maseo obviously knows that Felicity can be used as a bargaining chip against Oliver, if he doesn't manage to get her with an arrow, then what's he going to do if/when he or Ra's comes for her a second time? Seems like it'll be ten times more unpleasant. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 2

Could be wrong but I think this was supposed to be viewed as Lance going after the Arrow because of Sara and latching onto the recent turn in killing as an excuse.

Yeah, I think that might be it, it just seemed off because the mayor and Ray Palmer got in on it too. And sorry, I love Quentin and his anger is justified, but going full throttle on the Arrow when we, the audience, know that Laurel initiated the secret keeping and ignored however many openings she was given to come clean just makes this seem so stupid. Oliver is culpable, I'm not saying he isn't, but making him culpable to this extent for a lie Laurel wanted to keep is a bad look for him.

• Love 12

Yeah, I think that might be it, it just seemed off because the mayor and Ray Palmer got in on it too. And sorry, I love Quentin and his anger is justified, but going full throttle on the Arrow when we, the audience, know that Laurel initiated the secret keeping and ignored however many openings she was given to come clean just makes this seem so stupid. Oliver is culpable, I'm not saying he isn't, but making him culpable to this extent for a lie Laurel wanted to keep is a bad look for him.

And it seems like vengeance instead of being legitimately disillusioned or hurt. It seems like he would know the Arrow wouldn't actually just start mass-killing criminals again, so going after him like this just feels like wanting to hurt him. I guess it was Quentin's turn on the S3 plot-induced character WTFery thrill ride. It's obviously happening this way so that Oliver is publicly unmasked or whatever their end goal is, and they need Quentin to be irrational in order for that to happen.

• Love 7

Except with Quentin I can understand because he probably blames the Arrow for getting Sara killed, and we know he blames Oliver.    It's his perfect storm to lose reason, just as Malcolm lost it when Rebecca was killed and Slade over Shado.  (Is there a meta-statement here that women are emotionally stronger than me because while Moira did shut herself up when Robert and Oliver died, she didn't start hysterically going after innocent people.)

Question is, since Maseo obviously knows that Felicity can be used as a bargaining chip against Oliver, if he doesn't manage to get her with an arrow, then what's he going to do if/when he or Ra's comes for her a second time? Seems like it'll be ten times more unpleasant.

None of Ra's plan makes sense to me, from picking a lesser-skilled anti-killing person to be his heir to forcing him to do it by terrorizing Starling City.  But why would a dead Felicity be a better bargaining chip than a life one?  Given the insanity that seems to follow the killing of a loved female on this show, if he kills Felicity or Thea, wouldn't it make sense that Oliver takes the job and then proceeds to destroy the entire LoA?

• Love 1

Except with Quentin I can understand because he probably blames the Arrow for getting Sara killed, and we know he blames Oliver.    It's his perfect storm to lose reason, just as Malcolm lost it when Rebecca was killed and Slade over Shado.  (Is there a meta-statement here that women are emotionally stronger than me because while Moira did shut herself up when Robert and Oliver died, she didn't start hysterically going after innocent people.)

True, but Lance has no reason to think that rolling with the Arrow is what got Sara killed considering she was an assassin and he knew that, and when he was expressing his anger about keeping Sara's death a secret, he spouted off about knowing that vigilantism was wrong and that he shouldn't have gone in with the Arrow. He never mentioned any of this anger being about Sara actually dying, but it was about the Arrow keeping secrets. So it seems like a vendetta more than him getting lost in grief. If a Merlin-esque grief spiral is what they're going for, they're failing.

None of Ra's plan makes sense to me, from picking a lesser-skilled anti-killing person to be his heir to forcing him to do it by terrorizing Starling City.  But why would a dead Felicity be a better bargaining chip than a life one?  Given the insanity that seems to follow the killing of a loved female on this show, if he kills Felicity or Thea, wouldn't it make sense that Oliver takes the job and then proceeds to destroy the entire LoA?

I'm not sure Maseo would've gone for the kill shot - I'm not even sure the mayor's actually dead. He got her in the shoulder - and seems like Ray's going to actually take the arrow for Felicity and he's going to live, so...I think an on-the-verge of death Felicity or Thea is the biggest bargaining chip there is, because Oliver would be desperate for the LP and do anything to use it. Who knows if that's what'll actually happen.

Edited by apinknightmare

Quentin did ask the Arrow to keep Sara save, so I can see him projecting that it's the Arrow's fault she died.  I wonder if Laurel ever told him what the real circumstances were. And why is Malcolm still allowed to be free in the city?

A verge-of-death Felicity makes more sense than killing her outright.  I think I'm going to really hate next week when Ray risks  his life to save her, and the EPs think that makes up for him being such a jerk this week.

Couldn't Oliver just accept and then dissolve the league? Tell them not to kill and be on their way? 

That's not the way human nature works though.  These guys are willing to die for Ra's al Ghul, they're not going to just calmly pack up and go home. Which they don't even have, a home that is.

I've seen it happen even in political parties, the new leader comes in and wants to change direction and the "loyal" skewer him.

• Love 2
The only things that interest me now are Diggle/Oliver/Felicity/Olicity. That's it. I think that Felicity's character has suffered due to heavy propping, Oliver's character has suffered due to plot, and Diggle has suffered due to being sidelined for plot and propping. That being said, I still adore the characters and I don't think that will ever really change. Will I side eye them once in a while? Sure.

This is me as well. I can still see the Oliver/Felicity/Diggle I love under all the crap they have to say and do in an attempt to make other characters and this stupid plot work.

I'm already rolling my eyes so hard over this whole Quentin goes after the Arrow thing. I mean, really, "shoot to kill"? I understand the grief, but as others on this forum have pointed out, why is he not giving the Arrow the benefit of the doubt? Because plot. The writers want to get Quentin and Oliver to the point where Oliver would have to reveal himself to Quentin.

Ray probably gets hurt pushing Felicity out of the way of an arrow. Or maybe the next arrow is an exploding one, who knows? I'd be more OK with this if last night's ep didn't happen.

Speaking of last night, Oliver reiterated the whole I can't be with you and save the city stupidity. I wonder if the finale would come down to making a choice between saving the city and saving Felicity. I mean, there are other "heroes" running (flying) around protecting the city.

• Love 5

1IJvYvW.gif4F0K1N1.gif

(No words.)

OK, a few words. Hard to believe that there was a time when I'd look at him and think, "Meh." Including the two times I saw him in person. (one of which was in an elevator.)

I feel ya. Before I started watching Arrow I thought he was ...okay. I'd seen the shirtless workout scenes and thought nice but not enough to tempt me to watch the show. Ngl, my view on him has changed drastically. I am now quite a fan of Mr. Amell and his whole look.

• Love 3
Speaking of last night, Oliver reiterated the whole I can't be with you and save the city stupidity. I wonder if the finale would come down to making a choice between saving the city and saving Felicity. I mean, there are other "heroes" running (flying) around protecting the city.

I was really hoping that Felicity being with Ray would make Oliver realize that you can save the city and be with someone you love. Instead, it's gone the other way, he's saying that Raylicity is doomed because Ray will realize soon that he can't do both.  I agree that Raylicity is doomed (it can't end soon enough for me) but it's not because of the saving the city stuff.

• Love 4

Okay, so Oliver looks good in that League uniform. I guess he's just an underling though since he's not wearing a superfab cape yet?

And what...he's gonna help out over in central city? What in the actual hell

I feel like we got our answer as to why 3x20 is "really good and really bad" for Olicity fans.

(That picture is KIND OF AMAZING, though???)

• Love 2

I feel like we got our answer as to why 3x20 is "really good and really bad" for Olicity fans.

(That picture is KIND OF AMAZING, though???)

Yes and yes. 

Although...someone please assure me that there's not going to be some kind of time travel mess integrated on Arrow.

• Love 1

My head hurts. Again. Is that supposed to be on "Arrow" or "The Flash"? And where did that photo come from? Is that a papparazzi shot?

It's a paparazzi shot. And I'm not sure what it is - since there are so many Flash players it seems like it'd be on Flash?

I was really hoping that Felicity being with Ray would make Oliver realize that you can save the city and be with someone you love. Instead, it's gone the other way, he's saying that Raylicity is doomed because Ray will realize soon that he can't do both.  I agree that Raylicity is doomed (it can't end soon enough for me) but it's not because of the saving the city stuff.

Yup, thought that was going to be the lesson of the Ray/Felicity relationship for Oliver. But dude went the other way. I honestly can't see where this is all going.

• Love 1

Yup, thought that was going to be the lesson of the Ray/Felicity relationship for Oliver. But dude went the other way. I honestly can't see where this is all going.

I was thinking the same thing until apinknightmare pointed out that when Digg said that loved ones outside of the mission and how that makes things really complicated and Oliver replied with "the things that matter always are." shows me that he's heading in the right direction. Slowly but surely he's getting there

• Love 1

Those pics have really knocked jbuffyangel down a bit.  Interested to see how that gets spun.

If this is The Flash 1x22, that means Oliver has joined the LOA by 3x21?  Leaving 2 eps for some sort of epic, game changing...bullshit.

• Love 1

Those pics have really knocked jbuffyangel down a bit.  Interested to see how that gets spun.

If this is The Flash 1x22, that means Oliver has joined the LOA by 3x21?  Leaving 2 eps for some sort of epic, game changing...bullshit.

Epic game-changing bullshit = Oliver hopping on Barry's back and going back in time to redo most of this season

• Love 16

SA said at some point that he was changing suits. I guess this is it. He also said that he was getting a major suit upgrade in S4. Does that mean his upgrade is to Ra's Ollie Ghul in S4? Is S4 about League of Arrows and TA operates from elsewhere? Does this mean Ray Palmer & company will be in Star City on a separate show? So many questions!

Just speculating considering all The Flash cast there but omg please don't bring time travel into this. It's like the laziest form of creativity on TV and allows terrible writers to do whatever crap they like and then reverse it in some epic way. NO. Not interested.

This season is not gonna end well. I can feel it.

• Love 4

SA said at some point that he was changing suits. I guess this is it. He also said that he was getting a major suit upgrade in S4. Does that mean his upgrade is to Ra's Ollie Ghul in S4? Is S4 about League of Arrows and TA operates from elsewhere? Does this mean Ray Palmer & company will be in Star City on a separate show? So many questions!

Ray Palmer better not be close to the show next season or I swear to god I will slap someone. 

I think Ra's Ollie Ghul is a pretty good step to take to change the game a little. And yes, I know MG always says that every episode is game changing. But Oliver accepting Ra's' offer IS ACTUALLY GAME CHANGING. I wonder how it will affect his relationship with Felicity/Thea/Laurel... I can already tell this will distance Diggle and Oliver because I don't think Diggle would trust Ra's Ollie Ghul. 

I'm looking forward to this change tbqh. Hopefully the writing is up to par so the change is actually believable and awesome

• Love 5

The suit actually makes me interested to know what happens. If he's in the league is he still communicating with his loved ones and helping wherever he can? If he does actually hop on Barry's back and they disappear, I wonder how far in the past they'd go. That'd be seriously jumping the ship for me. Not on The Flash but on Arrow.

For some reason an Oliver that doesn't talk very much appeals to me. I have been missing The Hood Oliver of late.

• Love 1

Remember that pic SA posted in the foundry with that glove thing on his hand? Isn't that glove thing on his hand in this shot? Does it get chopped off or something and Felicity has to build him some kind of BIONIC HAND?!

I'd say this is a crack theory but it doesn't feel so cracky

Is Wells in that picture? This is gonna sound crazy but do Oliver, Barry and Ronnie look kind of 'frozen' to you? Like they're on pause. I know it's hard to tell in a picture but they're all standing in the same way and I think Wells is in front of them by the looks of it. Could this just be a possible version of the future? Am I reading too much into this? Why do I even care?! Haha. 

• Love 2

Is Wells in that picture? This is gonna sound crazy but do Oliver, Barry and Ronnie look kind of 'frozen' to you? Like they're on pause. I know it's hard to tell in a picture but they're all standing in the same way and I think Wells is in front of them by the looks of it. Could this just be a possible version of the future? Am I reading too much into this? Why do I even care?! Haha. 

The Reverse Flash is in the background, yeah.

An interesting theory I found: 

I think he might be running a rogue mission and destroying LoA from the inside. If he were to join LoA it would undo everything he’s worked for in the past three seasons