Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Tumblr:

Marc, I gotta tell you. All these ambiguous spoilers, they are killing us. But, get us talking for hours and days and speculating over plots. So, they're working - as a biz major I have to say, marketing wise, you guys know how to create suspense for this show and engage the fans ;) That said, I simply cannot wait for the rest of this season! Hope, we won't get another break cause of the timeline misfit with Flash? PS: I'll cry for days if you guys really dare to kill off Roy or Lance #toocruel

Thanks for the kind words. I think everyone involved with the show enjoys social media and enjoys teasing and building suspense. That said, it’s hard to create smoak where there’s no fire.

ok so if I understand his answer, he's basically saying he get fandom riled up if there wasn't some truth to the Roy or Lance might die rumor?

Is tHe trolling because he spelled it smoak (hinting at Felicity dying)? Or is the trolling because he used smoak meaning it's all a lie and no one dies?

Sorry, not sure I get it.

I mean, technically they did foreshadow it a bit with Slade asking how Felicity was and 'how many more people will Oliver Queen lose before he's not Oliver Queen?' I thought it was more about losing Felicity to Ray but it's possible she does die/nearly die. Who knows anymore? Seriously, the only people who are safe right now are Laurel and Ray because they're like the golden children or whatever.

(edited)

I've had a few discussions with some people (Soulfire is one of them) and we're pretty sure Felicity is going to ‘die’ in 3x19/3x20. We know thanks to MG that someone will in 3x20 and Stephen Amell tweeted something about saying goodbyes, and EBR faved it (and the day after EBR put a photo up on Instagram making me think she wasn’t on set). Colton also tweeted about filming a difficult scene (and we know that he and EBR are close friends).

Then we have the quote from Amell: “Oliver just might have to imagine a life without Felicity”. We also know from MG that the foundry won’t be in the last four episodes.

Today Amell tweeted a photo of him filming in the hospital with a camera super up close on his face (making sure they get a great take of Oliver’s emotions). MG also said that he won’t say what Oliver’s mood is in 3x20 (which again, thanks to Amell we know started filming today).

We also know that at some point this season Lazarus Pit is coming into play. How and why though is still unspoiled. And 3x20 has flashbacks to the LoA…so it’s possible that that episode might include the Pit in the flashbacks and the present (things are always paralleled between them right?)

Now add to this the dress EBR was wearing in the video she did with Amell and David Rasmey (filmed the night before the vague tweets about saying goodbye were tweeted). She was wearing long nude coloured sleeves, which seemed off to some.. It may be to keep her warm while filming outside or (which soulfire brought up) could they be to protect her from exploding materials??

Then way back in 3x02 Felicity said “So that’s it? You are just going to spend your life hiding down here in this cave waiting to die? I’m sorry but I’m not going to wait with you. Because if there is one thing that today taught me is that life is precious and I want so much more to mine than this”. Now it’s up to interpretation, but that could be taken that she doesn’t want to die in the foundry… which we know won’t be in the last four episodes (starting with the one where someone dies).

Finally we have Slade’s line about “how many more people does Oliver Queen have to lose” and Slade’s mention of Felicity by name.

Edited by HighHopes
  • Love 7

ok so if I understand his answer, he's basically saying he get fandom riled up if there wasn't some truth to the Roy or Lance might die rumor?

Is tHe trolling because he spelled it smoak (hinting at Felicity dying)? Or is the trolling because he used smoak meaning it's all a lie and no one dies?

Sorry, not sure I get it.

I think he's saying that the fandom is right to get riled up about someone dying - because where there's "smoke/smoak" (the tweets/hints) there's fire. And people think he's trolling to make them think it's Felicity who "dies" by spelling it that way. Or maybe it is foreshadowing.

• Love 2
(edited)

Lol, you're very anti-Olicity now. That's a shame. I understand though. They've tainted them a bit this season. 

I don't think Oliver sees her as just tech support now though. Yes, he's wrapped up in Thea and Malcolm and the threat of Ra's but I still think he's very much in love with Felicity. It's just story dictates that she has to be with Ray for a while. It's shitty but eh. They are such a non-entity I don't even care anymore. Seriously. DullsVille.

I"m not anti-Olicity, I just hate that part in so many TV series where the couple is with other people and look longingly at each other as they go off into their separate corners with their separate dates.  If Felicity has to have an affair with Ray, I'd really rather Oliver didn't know about it at all than see him all sad and puppy dog eyes as Diggle's wedding.

Also I'm angry at Oliver for acting like he's the only one with feelings and Felicity's don't matter.

I bet Diggle is going to talk to him about Felicity being with Ray so we can feel sorry for Oliver and Felicity is going to have no one other than Laurel to talk to, if Laurel.

I hope Fern's "big developments" include a Little Shop of Horrors moment. Frustrated with the lack of TA: Original Flavor, Ferny acts out to get his parents' attention and blows the foundry to hell.

-

I'm getting more and more anxious to have Felicity express herself, but at the same time I'm nervous the writers won't do it justice. I'm sure EBR will do a good job of rounding it out, but if it's written just as a way of illiciting a specific reaction from Oliver, it's going to hurt. Let her be a person, dang it!

I'd love the Fern doing a Little Shop of Horrors and cleaning out the very over-crowded Arrow lair.

One of the things I really hate about what they've done to Felicity this season is to separate her from her friends and just leave her with Laurel and Ray.  By rights, between being bombed in the restaurant, Sara dying, Oliver rejecting her, Cooper still alive and terrorizing her, Oliver dying and coming back only to reject her, Felicity should have one helluva case of PTSD but she's never allowed to talk about her feelings, never allowed to process it.  She's been isolated and left to cope alone and babysit Ray so that he doesn't kill himself.

I felt the same way about Diggle until Nanda Parbat and then he got lovely intimate scenes with Lyla and Oliver.  Felicity still has nothing and when Guggentroll was asked if she could finally have a scene where she gets to talk about her feelings, he said there was a scene coming up with Laurel.  Laurel isn't Felicity's friend and I really don't want to see Felicity yet again telling Laurel how wonderful and understanding she is.

Does anyone think the 'where there is smoak there is fire' response by MG hint at Felicity being in danger or is he just trolling?

It's MG.  He loves trolling.

I mean, technically they did foreshadow it a bit with Slade asking how Felicity was and 'how many more people will Oliver Queen lose before he's not Oliver Queen?'

I'm not even sure this is going to happen any more. I think that line was fan servicing because we were all hoping that Slade would go after Felicity and Oliver would finally get his head out of his ass and realize he wants to be with her.  It was February sweeps, after all.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 3

I think he's saying that the fandom is right to get riled up about someone dying - because where there's "smoke/smoak" (the tweets/hints) there's fire. And people think he's trolling to make them think it's Felicity who "dies" by spelling it that way. Or maybe it is foreshadowing.

ah, thanks for the explanation. I think whomever dies is in 19, not 20 isn't that what MG answered the question on?

I ask because if I have the schedule right it goes 115/316, 116/317, 117/318, (1 week break) 118/319 (so Felicity would be in CC and then dies in SC later the same week?).

Not sure they could reasonably pull that off.

I wrote my whole spec out on one page back, but we haven't seen anything showing the LP makes people crazy.  If that's the hot tub Ra's been lounging in, it doesn't seem to have any side effects.  She's going to die and Oliver's going to become Ra's in exchange for LPing her.

• Love 2
(edited)

And how does the crossover factor in? I mean yes they could kill her in 319 but it could also totally screw with their crossovers seeing as the schedule isn't in sync for the next 4 episodes.

BTW the schedule seems to clear Lance of death too since he can't die 319 and then go to CC in 119 a week later.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

I wrote my whole spec out on one page back, but we haven't seen anything showing the LP makes people crazy.  If that's the hot tub Ra's been lounging in, it doesn't seem to have any side effects.  She's going to die and Oliver's going to become Ra's in exchange for LPing her.

If we're going batshit, I say go batshit all the way, and I would be down with this (depending on how they pulled it off). 

• Love 1

What episode do they 'jump the shark' and do things no other show runner would do? Killing Felicity would do that. I think they would have to keep her dead tho. 

(edited)

What episode do they 'jump the shark' and do things no other show runner would do? Killing Felicity would do that. I think they would have to keep her dead tho.

315 - game changer, jump the shark, sharp left.

Edited by Morrigan2575

They probably meant Ra's offer, since Felicity sleeping with Ray is following the easiest and worst TV writing.

Is 318 the other game-changer? What would that make 319?

319 is the 3rd game changer....it's the new Epic
  • Love 3

And how does the crossover factor in? I mean yes they could kill her in 319 but it could also totally screw with their crossovers seeing as the schedule isn't in sync for the next 4 episodes.

I don't see why it would affect the crossover.  Isn't that pretty much just Lance?  Also, I don't expect her to stay dead more than like half an episode.  I am 100% on board that they wouldn't kill her and leave her dead, and even if they wanted to the studio would never let them do it.

She's dyin'.  Probably after touching Oliver's face and finally telling him she loves him.  Shipper payoff.  And honestly, I'd actually come back to the show at that point, simply because I cannot get behind Oliver joining the LOA either bc they threaten his friends/family/city OR because he's feeling all unloved and neglected.  If he agrees to become the head of a group of literal paid murderers for any reason other than bringing back a dead loved one, I'm out.  And I really think if the LOA killed her (or Thea), he'd burn them down, not join them.

• Love 1

If Felicity dies I am out. I am so, so freaked out she will bite it and that will further Oliver's "journey" and man pain. Ugh!

Unless/until the actress wants off the show, she won't die permanently.  She's far too popular.

• Love 2

If Felicity dies I am out. I am so, so freaked out she will bite it and that will further Oliver's "journey" and man pain. Ugh!

She's definitely going to be in season 4 (not too confident about s5). But yeah. If/when Felicity or Diggle bite the dust, I'm out.

• Love 3

If Felicity dies and comes back, it will further strengthen the endgame of Olicity. After all they will have shared a life-altering experience of dying, but their love being strong enough to keep them together even by overcoming death. Felicity will finally be a woman strong enough to be with Oliver as she endures her crucible. 

/sarcasm

Game changing for Arrow writers would be not killing anyone at the end of a season. It'd be something new at least. I'd place money though this time they are going for killing a male. Although I'm willing to place a bit of money it isn't Roy or Quentin. 

• Love 3
(edited)

The only males possible to kill are Roy, Quentin or Malcolm Merlyn.  There would be an uproar if Diggle died, not to mention MG said he'd be back in s4.  On the other hand if MG said.....

I really think it's time for MM to die because he's done every possible storyline.  On the other hand, SA saying posting the picture of Arsenal, BC and Arrow together for the last time doesn't seem promising, unless they've finally realized that Laurel's new suit just doesn't work.

If they kill MM though, I don't think it would be as soon as 319.  That's not even in sweeps.

Edited by statsgirl
(edited)

I've been speculating all along they will kill Felicity.  And I don't think it will be a fakeout. I think she'll be really most sincerely dead.

orrr....she's becomes the wheelchair bound Oracle.

Edited by catrox14
(edited)

On the other hand, SA saying posting the picture of Arsenal, BC and Arrow together for the last time doesn't seem promising, unless they've finally realized that Laurel's new suit just doesn't work.

If they kill MM though, I don't think it would be as soon as 319.  That's not even in sweeps.

I think the pic was about their suits.  I agree with a lot of people that SA would not spoil something that big in such a straightforward manner.  I think Oliver's in civvies while Felicity's dying in the hospital, then he'll switch to an LOA outfit of some kind, then probably an upgraded outfit next season.  I'm guessing Laurel might get a new outfit too, to reflect not trying to be her sister anymore (wasn't the implication that this was some spare outfit of her sister's or something, which of course is nuts as there is no way the same pair of leather pants would fit them both) - and I really hope she does, because she looks like a 90-lb dominatrix.    

Re MM, have we seen any pics of him on set?  If yes, he could die a bit later, but since it's still impossible to figured out who is the real villain of the season, who knows.  Frankly, Ra's hasn't seemed all that bad to me, minus the threat to kill 50 civilians a day, but maybe that was a bluff.

I think Roy's legit dying, and the one all the mysterious tweets are about. Maybe Felicity just gets gravely injured and doesn't actually die, die. But almost?

But somebody's getting LPd.  It's Chekov's LP.  And I am not entirely sure Oliver would become Ra's in exchange for LPing Roy.  Thea and Felicity for sure, Diggle probably, Roy maybe.

Catrox, there is just no way Felicity is dead-dead.  She's still under contract probably through S4, based on when she became a regular, and she's way too popular.  The network would simply not allow it.  And I don't think they're wheelchairing her, at least permanently, because they like dressing her in skimpy outfits for the coveted male demo.  Plus, from what I understand, DC is doing the Oracle/Barbara Gordon on another show, Teen Titans, I think?

ETA: If I turn out to be right and Malcolm kills Felicity, and Oliver agrees to become Ra's in exchange for LPing her, everyone on this board has to come to Indianapolis and buy me lots of drinks.  Also, it would make me happy, because I think that's a decent plot for the end of the season and I could start watching the show again.

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 1

I've been speculating all along they will kill Felicity.  And I don't think it will be a fakeout. I think she'll be really most sincerely dead.

orrr....she's becomes the wheelchair bound Oracle.

I just can't see either scenario. The first, because I'd quit watching and have to actually deal with real life instead of playing with the fandom online, and that's just not acceptable to me. ;-)

And the second because they wouldn't be able to show off her legs anymore. This is a CW show, after all....

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm telling you, Felicity's going to die and get LPd.

You know, I had the same thought. And I'd like this scenario even if it was Thea or Diggle. Or basically anyone except Laurel, haha.

Edited by looptab

I don't think they'd put Felicity in a wheelchair except maybe temporarily as an Easter Egg because DC is going to want to keep that for themselves for Oracle later on.

I think Felicity's been so badly treated this season and abandoned by her friends that not even Oliver agreeing to go to the LoA to save her is going to be enough for me.  Diggle and Roy have to do major feelings scenes with her too, to make up for both of them being off doing their own things while she's confused and forced to look for affirmation from Ray.

ETA: If I turn out to be right and Malcolm kills Felicity, and Oliver agrees to become Ra's in exchange for LPing her, everyone on this board has to come to Indianapolis and buy me lots of drinks.  Also, it would make me happy, because I think that's a decent plot for the end of the season and I could start watching the show again.

Is it warm there? It's so cold here, I'd go anywhere that it's warm.

• Love 4

Well, last year SA spoiled Laurel finding out if I remember correctly. 

I am slightly scared that Felicity will die because she was never in the original plan and she doesn't wear a mask. But then again she is by far one, if not the, most popular character and killing her would get people really, really upset. Without her, as much as I complain, the show would not work for me. Imagine a show with just Roy, Diggle, Laurel and Oliver. The joy. Additionally, Felicity connects all the universes at this point therefore I cannot see them wanting to give that up. And she was somewhat confirmed for next season. (That one doesn't really mean much IMO) 

My money would be on Roy. For no other reason that he doesn't have that much of a storyline at the moment and the show could live without him. I refuse to believe it will be Diggle!

Does Oliver know about the LP? Because I would really not like anyone to come back crazy. But then I don't know enough about the comic book mythology: Does it make you permanently crazy? And who is to say that the LP on the show will be like the one in the comics. Ray doesn't shrink either. Sometimes they do things because they look cool (or so they think)

I was just poking around a bit on Tumblr and I ran across something. Does anyone know anything about the term "Broken Arrow" being associated with Roy? It was referenced, but no details, and when I tried to google it, all I came up with was something from the Young Justice wikia Red Arrow entry.

Just curious about one of the pictures from the link in the Spoiler thread.  It's Lance laying supine on his desk with Arrow staring at him.  Any opinions on if that gives more credibility to the Lance dying spec or, because they actually promo'd it, maybe it's a red herring.

I copied the actual picture to the Spoiler thread if anyone wants to see. 

Just curious about one of the pictures from the link in the Spoiler thread.  It's Lance laying supine on his desk with Arrow staring at him.  Any opinions on if that gives more credibility to the Lance dying spec or, because they actually promo'd it, maybe it's a red herring.

I copied the actual picture to the Spoiler thread if anyone wants to see. 

That picture of Lance and Arrow is for 3x16 "The Offer." I don't think it has anything to do with the dying speculation for 3x19. If you look to the side, the glass from Lance's office window is shattered (yay, more jobs for the Window Guy!) so my guess is the villain of the episode, Murmur, and his gang might attack the precinct and Lance gets thrown onto his desk. Seems like Murmur and his gang might have a beef with authority figures since I seem to remember a dead policeman by his patrol car in the promo for the same episode.

I'm almost certain, now, that it will be Roy who'll die in 3x19. David Ramsey just posted a potentially troll-y photo of SA, EBR, CH, and himself with the caption "Long Live... TEAM ARROW!" in the foundry. A foundry that most definitely looks trashed from what you can see in the background. Also, they all look like they either just had a big crying session or are very, very tired.

• Love 2

I was just poking around a bit on Tumblr and I ran across something. Does anyone know anything about the term "Broken Arrow" being associated with Roy? It was referenced, but no details, and when I tried to google it, all I came up with was something from the Young Justice wikia Red Arrow entry.

It has nothing to do with Roy on Arrow. On Young Justice, it was an important part of Roy's development.

Roy was brainwashed by CADMUS and the phrase "Broken Arrow" was his trigger

I would be shocked -,shocked - if Felicity was killed permanently.  Felicity, EBR and Olicity generate too much fan buzz and media attention - not to mention all those news headlines that networks love (end of year recognition, nominations, awards, polls, etc.).

• Love 2
(edited)

This was posted by David Ramsey 5 hours ago...so about 11PM PST time.

https://instagram.com/p/z1kmXZl7Ap/

SA looks to be in the same outfit he was in during the hospital pic. They started filming 320, but i can't tell is this is post whatever happened in 319, i see things in the background that suggest it but maybe those are production stuff that is usually off camera?  

In any case, everyone looks to be in their character outfits.

Edited by Morrigan2575

This was posted by David Ramsey 5 hours ago...so about 11PM PST time.

https://instagram.com/p/z1kmXZl7Ap/

SA looks to be in the same outfit he was in during the hospital pic. They started filming 320, but i can't tell is this is post whatever happened in 319, i see things in the background that suggest it but maybe those are production stuff that is usually off camera?  

In any case, everyone looks to be in their character outfits.

This makes me hopeful that Roy is safe. IDK why. Then again, he is in his red hoodie so he may be a part of the flashbacks? 

OR we're all wrong and Malcolm is the one who dies... hmm

(edited)

I am just wondering why Laurel Lance doesnt seem to be in town for everything that seems to be going down in Starling City.

Are you referring just to this latest pic or to something else? Does anyone know if KC is in Vancouver?

Wow, now I'm fearing that just what I didn't want to happen, will: Aychihuahua's theory, applied to Laurel. She is the one dying in 319, to the cheers of fans all around the world, just to be LPd in 323.

Wouldn't that be the ultimate trolling. :/

Edited by looptab
  • Love 2
(edited)

This makes me hopeful that Roy is safe. IDK why. Then again, he is in his red hoodie so he may be a part of the flashbacks? 

OR we're all wrong and Malcolm is the one who dies... hmm

Considering Barrowman is producing and staring in a mini-series even (in the Arrow Actors in different roles thread) sounds like MM is gone after S3 so it's quite possible he is the death in 319.  

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

I reconcile the various bits as follows:  In 3-19 either Maseo (in present) and/or Akio (in flashback) dies.  Thus the MG someone will die statement.  The foundry is leveled (explosion – fire for the Smoak).  Felicity is critically injured, carrying over into 3-20.  Felicity doesn’t die, but Oliver is forced to consider the possibility of life without her.  The parallels to the deaths of Maseo and/or Akio are many and provide a great deal of opportunity for a very real gut check for Oliver.  This scenario explains SA’s goodbye and CH’s emotionally wrenching filming experience.

As for the photo of Black Canary, Arrow and Arsenal in the field, the events also provide loads of reasons for Laurel to hang up the mask.  Felicity’s peril brings the realities close to heart for Laurel and Quentin, especially given the grief they are still experiencing over Sara.  With Laurel  not actively BC, the door opens for a Sara comeback in the spinoff, while keeping open a Laurel to BC return further down the path.

PS New to the discussion

• Love 8

When I first saw the photo, I thought EBR looked like she has been crying. Or it could be the lack of glasses plus how tired she looks that gave me that impression.

I honestly don't know what to think. I could see it being a few people. Unless its Malcolm, I'm not sure if its a real death. All this social media teasing just sounds weird. It wasn't a leak that got people talking, like Katie's stunt double in costume. The cast put out some rather heavy-handed tweets to get the ball rolling. Sounds like they want to work people up for this death. That makes me think they are going with the Lazarus Pit. I think they would save that for Oliver or a fan favorite to get people really going. So it could be Felicity.

If KC is still vacationing, they could be going with the S2 format. LL heavy mid season and then back to Team Arrow for the last few episodes of the season.

"Long Live...TEAM ARROW!"  Hahah, I notice someone is missing in that photo.  Seriously, there are a few things that DR has said that make me question how he feels about KC/Laurel.  I would like to believe that this means that Laurel is dying, but I'm not even gonna get my hopes up.  Besides, if she really did die, they'd probably just stick her in the Pit!

• Love 4

Someone asked Barrowman on Twitter if his new miniseries would affect his role on Arrow. He responded it won't affect it at all.  Clever answer. So if MM is gone JB isn't talking.

• Love 1
(edited)

Mmm it really could be Merlyn then. Because if he dies in 3x19  then it obviously isn't affecting his role on Arrow lol. 

Edited by ban1o