Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Also, from the listings it seems like 3x18 of Arrow airs 2 weeks before 1x18 of The Flash. F&R are going to make their trip to CC right before the Broken Arrow ep. 

^or what @Carrie Ann said, haha.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1

Wow, according to this, The Flash 118 (with Felicity and Ray) isn't going to air until April 14th, which is two weeks after Arrow 318. That must have been a pretty big rewrite in order to make it make sense in the timelines of both shows.

Episode 118 is called all star team up? SERIOUSLY? Ray is a DUD. It's all star if Oliver and Felicity Crossed over not creepy eyes and Felicity

• Love 1

Didn't Stephen say he was going to get an costume upgrade. He could definitely be referring to the costume. Some of the comments thought something simila

Yup, that's my assumption he's talking about his outfit, or someone's outfit. But WTH I'll delude myself Laurel hangs up her Buckles and disappears to Nanda Parbat never to return.

• Love 1

Oof, that's tough. But I'd say Laurel's, because there are a million things wrong with it--both aesthetically and functionally. I mostly think Ray's helmet looks ridiculous, but otherwise, you know, it's a big stupid metal suit. It's gonna look dumb regardless. But we know that a BC costume can look good and seem functional, because Sara's did.

• Love 4

The Flash 118 will air after Arrow 318? It's their own fault for insisting people have to watch both shows so the timelines make sense. Hahahaha.

Okay, here's a question. Now that we've gotten a decent look at both, though only one in action so far, in your opinion which suit is actually worse, Laurel's or Ray's?

Ray's looks ridiculous. I saw his face squished into that helmet and I laughed out loud. Then again, I laughed out loud when I first saw Laurel's BC outfit because of the buckles. It really wouldn't be so bad if she didn't have so many buckles or fingerless gloves. Seriously. Fingerless gloves?! Brain cells must be missing. 

So yeah. I guess Ray's is worse. I still can't believe we're getting a hero that flies on Arrow. Way to undermine the show's protagonist for a guest star.

You know I wonder how Ray will work out as a vigilante at first.

The helmet is a killer for me. The RoboCop look is fine if not a little heavy but hey, he's flying. Why would he run? The RoboCop outfit is definitely more of a dud.

Okay, here's a question. Now that we've gotten a decent look at both, though only one in action so far, in your opinion which suit is actually worse, Laurel's or Ray's?

Looks-wise, I vote Ray. He looks bloated in it or something - like he's not just wearing a bulky suit, like he himself is bulky. Like he can't breathe and might pop at any second. And the helmet is stupid. I thought it looked fine in stills, but in motion? Definitely not. I think Laurel's is generally okay from the knees up, minus that awful lipstick. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 2

Is the Diggle/Lyla wedding in 3x17? 

So Felicity and Ray are still dating 3 weeks after Arrow 3x18 because they go on a double date with Iris and Eddie?

This season is a fucking joke. 

Edited by closer2fine
  • Love 2

I'm becoming increasingly convinced that the show is determined to make Laurel equal to Oliver in importance. All the propping of her character, the sidelining of Felicity and Diggle etc.  Hell she's already been named Black Canary and Oliver hasn't been named Green Arrow (except as snark in s1 by Malcolm ).

I think Laurel could withstand Quentin's death IF it's because Malcolm kills him.  Then it becomes about Laurel vs Oliver because if Oliver had just killed Malcolm when he had the chance none of this would happen. The audience is already mad at Oliver because he's rejecting Felicity, allying with Malcolm and generally being a dumbass so I don't think the audience would get mad at Laurel at all.

I'm also becoming increasingly convinced that Felicity is going to be joining the Flash.  I just feel like the way she and Dig have been marginalized and most of her big story points are in the Flash.  Dig might even be killed off.  Then it just becomes Oliver, Laurel, Roy and Thea as TA.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 2

Another reason why I think the Flash crossover is unnecessary lol. The time line is all messed up. Does that mean 319 of Arrow premieres before 1x18 of The Flash? SO Cisco and Joe come to Starling City before Ray and Felicity go to Flash? 

Edit: Wait nevermind it looks like 3x19 will show the Wednesday after 1x18 shows. So I guess it's supposed to be another 2-night crossover, except on a much smaller scale. 

Edited by ban1o

Do we know which episode of The Flash PB is in? Because it would put my mind at ease to know that he's in 118 or 119.

But otherwise--I can imagine MG thinking killing Quentin is an Epic Game Changer That Changes the Dynamic of the Show Forever (did I cover them all?) because the team would have no connection in law enforcement anymore, and would probably move more permanently in the Public Enemy direction without a sympathetic person in their corner. I hold onto hope that it's not happening, but I could see the reasoning.

Edited by Carrie Ann

I love RoboCop therefore I love the suit, it at least makes me smile, and the armor and tech serve a FUNCTION, where as Laurel's buckles (oh so many buckles!) do not, they are AESTHETIC buckles. She looks striking and I don't hate the mask like most (Roy's black eye paint w/red mask look so much worse), but yeah I like Ray's suit.

• Love 2

The upgrade already happened, it was done by Cisco in 309

I think there was mention of a second upgrade? I can't figure out where I read it, but I distinctly remember it.

Edited by dancingnancy
  • Love 1

I think there was mention of a second upgrade? I can't figure out where I read it, but I distinctly remember it.

yeah there's definitely another upgrade. Stephen said so. I can't find where though. 

• Love 1

I think you should probably prepare yourself for them to be dating at that point, because that's the likely scenario. 

It just sucks, because even though I don't expect Raylicity to last beyond a rebound relationship, I will eat my shoes if we get an Olicity "I love you"/kiss as a FTB on S3 and then MISS EVERYTHING FROM THE ENTIRE SUMMER AGAIN.

• Love 5

I think Felicity and Palmer start dating next week, because February Sweeps.

Agreed. Plus, if some time passes between 315 and 316, then that stretches their relationship out a bit longer. I think the writers will want it to get a little more established so that it will have some narrative resonance when she breaks it off and we get five minutes of Olicity before hiatus.

• Love 1

I don't think Olicity get together at the end of S3.

I honestly hope they don't, because I actually want to see that happen and see the beginning of their relationship, but knowing these writers, I don't think they can resist. But we'll see. If Ray is still going to be on this show next season, I think that could affect the plans.

Edited by Carrie Ann
  • Love 2

I honestly hope they don't, because I actually want to see that happen and see the beginning of their relationship, but knowing these writers, I don't think they can resist. But we'll see. If Ray is still going to be on this show next season, I think that could affect the plans.

Every day I dread the announcement of Brandon Routh as a series regular for S4.

• Love 10

I'm not at all looking forward to where this season is headed.  I'm ready for Malcolm to die, Ra's was a casting fail so I'm not happy about his increased presence in the back half of the season, jeepers creepers I'm not looking forward to more of Ray's peepers, and with Laurel and Quentin on the outs, this probably means she'll be in the Arrow lair even more.  Ugh!

• Love 7

Yeah, if it means they skip over another summer of relationship progress that I want to see, I'd rather they not get together at the end of the season. I liked the idea someone had (sorry I can't remember who it was) that Felicity leaves to Central City with Ray at the end of the season (to expand PI?) and then comes back at the beginning of S4. 

Then again, after everything that's happened, gah. I really would like to end the season with some kind of hopeful resolution on their part. It'd be okay if they were willing to leave things on an actual cliffhanger and picked up where they left off in October. Fat chance though, I know. 

• Love 5

See, I'm conflicted.  I will be super pissed and feel completely mislead if I slogged through this crapfest of a season for "there's only one woman for Oliver this season, and that woman's Felicity" when that is not happening.  On the other hand, I will be angry if I miss all of the good flirty romantic stuff between the two yet again.

• Love 6

Yeah, if it means they skip over another summer of relationship progress that I want to see, I'd rather they not get together at the end of the season. I liked the idea someone had (sorry I can't remember who it was) that Felicity leaves to Central City with Ray at the end of the season (to expand PI?) and then comes back at the beginning of S4. 

Then again, after everything that's happened, gah. I really would like to end the season with some kind of hopeful resolution on their part. It'd be okay if they were willing to leave things on an actual cliffhanger and picked up where they left off in October. Fat chance though, I know. 

Yeah, I feel torn because of your second point. I want things to end happily for Oliver because I'm a sap and because I don't want to go into hiatus feeling bummed about the show. But I don't want to miss out on the best stuff for O/F either.

So I thought about that moving to CC scenario too, and I think we may have talked about it briefly here, but I think my real ideal scenario is that Ray is going to CC, wants Felicity to come with him, and she ultimately decides not to go. So they break up, and there is hope in Olicityland, and we see Oliver beginning to pick up the pieces of his life again. But they aren't together yet, and we can save it for S4.

• Love 2

Yeah, doesn't Felicity have some kind of 'epiphany' in 315 about Ray? It's going to end in them getting together. I'll be shocked if it doesn't. I'm not watching either way. I can't stomach Ray at all and seeing him kiss Felicity? NOPE.

As much as I want Olicity to happen, I'd rather it not happen this season either because we'll just end up missing all the good stuff yet again and I don't want to buy the season 3.5 comics to fill me in on details we should get to watch on screen.

If something does happen between them though, they're leaving no time for any resolution between Ray/Felicity so she'll just jump from one to the other and that makes me super uncomfortable. 

I'm confused though because there is supposedly a season long arc and Olicity is part of that so to have no resolution or forward movement there would be weird. I can see them ending with Oliver telling Felicity he's ready to fight to be with her. That could work too. The only trouble is it brings the Olicity/Raylicity drama over into s4 which makes things repetitive and they usually start the new season with a new arc so I really don't know. 

Wow, according to this, The Flash 118 (with Felicity and Ray) isn't going to air until April 14th, which is two weeks after Arrow 318. That must have been a pretty big rewrite in order to make it make sense in the timelines of both shows.

So, whatever happens in 3x18 is not going to bring together Oliver and Felicity if she's out going on a date with Ray in 1x18. *sigh*

• Love 1

Yeah, doesn't Felicity have some kind of 'epiphany' in 315 about Ray? It's going to end in them getting together. I'll be shocked if it doesn't. I'm not watching either way. I can't stomach Ray at all and seeing him kiss Felicity? NOPE.

As much as I want Olicity to happen, I'd rather it not happen this season either because we'll just end up missing all the good stuff yet again and I don't want to buy the season 3.5 comics to fill me in on details we should get to watch on screen.

If something does happen between them though, they're leaving no time for any resolution between Ray/Felicity so she'll just jump from one to the other and that makes me super uncomfortable.

I'm confused though because there is supposedly a season long arc and Olicity is part of that so to have no resolution or forward movement there would be weird. I can see them ending with Oliver telling Felicity he's ready to fight to be with her. That could work too. The only trouble is it brings the Olicity/Raylicity drama over into s4 which makes things repetitive and they usually start the new season with a new arc so I really don't know.

All excellent reasons for Raylicity to NOT happen. I'm still not entirely convinced it will tbh because I have little time for Felicity to date RoboCop, have an epiphany, then date Oliver. I'd much rather the scenario where she leaves for the summer because it allows them space apart to grow and understand what they want. But Felicity still being in Ray's orbit makes me naseous.

I mean just imagine, we start off season 4 with Oliver calling Felicity and being all excited for her return!! Swoon. And dammit this time nothing may blow up.

Edited by Limbo

I suggested awhile ago that Felicity would end up leaving at the end of the season, but to work on STAR Labs. I'm now assuming Harrison Wells is not gonna be funding Team Flash anymore in S2, so maybe that's where Palmer is headed, and he wants Felicity to go with him.

I think there are three options: 1. She leaves with Ray. 2. She breaks up with Ray and stays for Oliver, or the one I fear is the most likely one: 3. this is one of the season finale's cliffhangers, and we don't know what Felicity is gonna choose all Summer long.

• Love 1

Looks-wise, I vote Ray. He looks bloated in it or something - like he's not just wearing a bulky suit, like he himself is bulky. Like he can't breathe and might pop at any second. And the helmet is stupid. I thought it looked fine in stills, but in motion? Definitely not. I think Laurel's is generally okay from the knees up, minus that awful lipstick. 

Seriously, I actually thought of that scene in "Big Hero 6" when Baymax wouldn't fit in his new kick-ass suit.

• Love 1

Do we know it's an actual date in 1.18?  I know it was Iris, Eddie, Barry, Ray & Felicity.  The awkward double date remarks were made by a pap.  Could they hear as well as see?  Did they have text?  Was it just an assumption?

Yeah I don't think it's a date. Why would Barry be there? Iris and Felicity aren't even that good friends to go on a double date. I'm not sure what it is but the pap probably just assumed. 

Do we know it's an actual date in 1.18?  I know it was Iris, Eddie, Barry, Ray & Felicity.  The awkward double date remarks were made by a pap.  Could they hear as well as see?  Did they have text?  Was it just an assumption?

They probably are on an awkward date with Barry as the fifth wheel but I think it was just an assumption because they're all dressed fancy.

I think there are three options: 1. She leaves with Ray. 2. She breaks up with Ray and stays for Oliver, or the one I fear is the most likely one: 3. this is one of the season finale's cliffhangers, and we don't know what Felicity is gonna choose all Summer long.

If Ray stays (pray that he isn't), I think the cliffhanger is going to be him proposing to her, it IS the CW after all.

I don't want an insta-fix with her and Oliver, I don't think its fair.

They probably are on an awkward date with Barry as the fifth wheel but I think it was just an assumption because they're all dressed fancy.

Is Barry going to be on Ray's prop duty or is he going to be on team Oliver? Barry, don't let us down.

Edited by Hook75
  • Love 1

I don't think Olicity get together at the end of S3.

I'm starting to believe this, too. I'm getting the feeling the season will end with Felicity leaving with Ray (to his secret island, or whatever). Not permanently, but just so Olicity can be put on hold for the 5-month hiatus. Fans are already very angry over not getting the flirty-flirt during the last hiatus. 

I'm also becoming increasingly convinced that Felicity is going to be joining the Flash.  I just feel like the way she and Dig have been marginalized and most of her big story points are in the Flash.  Dig might even be killed off.  Then it just becomes Oliver, Laurel, Roy and Thea as TA.

I know these writers and this show haven't given us a lot of reasons to trust them but this is one scenario I don't think is happening. Felicity has become Arrow's de facto leading lady. They're not going to ship her over to The Flash because Arrow needs her. They've tied Oliver's hero journey to her, not just this season. It's a role LL cannot hope to fill (despite KC's repeated attempts in interviews to insinuate herself into that role). They'll put obstacles between Oliver and Felicity, drag out Felicity's storyline because they know her fans will wait (if rather impatiently) but I really don't think they'll be shipping her off.

• Love 7

See, I'm conflicted.  I will be super pissed and feel completely mislead if I slogged through this crapfest of a season for "there's only one woman for Oliver this season, and that woman's Felicity" when that is not happening.  

That's why I stopped watching the whole show after episode nine, I felt that they used the prospect of Oliver and Felicity to get me to watch season three, without ever having any intention of letting anything truly meaningful happen between them. 

They'll probably do the same thing again to try and reel in the same viewers for season four, but I won't let myself get drawn in like that again.

Now it seems that Felicity and Ray will be going on multiple dates while Felicity and Oliver can't even have one complete date. It's always mañana, mañana for MG when it comes to Oliver and Felicity.

• Love 4

Is the Diggle/Lyla wedding in 3x17? 

So Felicity and Ray are still dating 3 weeks after Arrow 3x18 because they go on a double date with Iris and Eddie?

This season is a fucking joke.

Barry is also there so it's not really a double date. I'm hoping Barry is there to observe Ray/Felicity and drop a truth bomb on Felicity lol

It just sucks, because even though I don't expect Raylicity to last beyond a rebound relationship, I will eat my shoes if we get an Olicity "I love you"/kiss as a FTB on S3 and then MISS EVERYTHING FROM THE ENTIRE SUMMER AGAIN.

Yeah that's why I'm hoping in 319 320 or 321 Her and Oliver have it out and it culminates in mutual ILYS and make out I want to get together and have sexy times before the season finale

It doesn't have to be a double date for them to be dating. I just want everyone to be prepared, haha.

Oh I won't be Surprised if they are dating :( I'm trying to get prepared cause like someone MG is an ass and not awesome Ray will get to have dates with Felicity while Oliver can't get one

Yup, that's my assumption he's talking about his outfit, or someone's outfit. But WTH I'll delude myself Laurel hangs up her Buckles and disappears to Nanda Parbat never to return.

Bestill my heart! If only. Part of me is hoping that the reason they're rushing the Black Canary thing so dreadfully is that they're getting contractual obligations out of the way and they really are going to shelve the Laurel character. Shipping her off to Nanda Parbat so that she can spend several years receiving real training would be great. Having all that happen off-screen? Amazing.

I'm likewise totally preparing myself for Ray and Felicity dating. The signs are there, and they spent way more time and energy trying (key word there) to set it up than they did Oliver and Felicity.

Ray will get to have dates with Felicity while Oliver can't get one

All of this romantic drama and relationship angst after 1/5 of one (1) date will never not be funny to me. I mean, come on! They never even had a chance to order food, and then we're slammed with a break-up scene and all the ramifications of a relationship halted mid-stride instead of in its infancy.

• Love 7