Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I've always thought he was the big bad. Everything that's happened is because of Malcolm, and that's not even counting everything he did in s1. Ra's is a red herring.

Well, that would certainly make a lot more sense than the bullsht they are trying to sell us at the moment.

• Love 1

Well, that would certainly make a lot more sense than the bullsht they are trying to sell us at the moment.

WORD. I just think Ra's is almost this mysterious person of legend and if Oliver defeats him in s3, what next? Any other big bad would be kind of lame tbh. I'll always be thinking 'well, he defeated the mighty Ra's al Ghul, he can surely defeat this fool.'

Malcolm, on the other hand, has created nothing but trouble for three years, give or take, and he's the root cause of everything this season. He needs to be taken out. Preferably by Thea, with three arrows to the chest and a nice long fall into a dumpster afterwards.

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 5

To be honest, I understand where they're coming from, hell, I'm pissed that she actually gets her own arc on the Flash but can't have one on the show she's actually a regular in. It makes no sense why FELICITY of all people would be getting her own villain on The Flash when she should be getting her own villain on Arrow. So unless this villain somehow ties into Barry and his development, I see no sense in having her have a villain on that show. But I clearly think this episode will be one where Felicity gets in trouble and Ray and Barry will have to work together to 'save' her or whatever. Clearly it's an episode propping up Ray. Since that wasn't really working in Arrow, the writers probably thought the reception to Ray would be better on the Flash (which has more viewers). 

Ray's vibe is also more appropriate for Flash. His humor sorta fits in better there. Plus his suit makes way more sense in Flash than arrow. As much as I like the masks on Arrow, they are essentially elaborate halloween costumes. The ATOM suit looks out of place, esp if he will shrink. Maybe the EPs thought they couldnt spin-off a freshman show. But I think it would have been a better option.

Malcolm killed Thea's father (in all but biology) by sabotaging the Queen's Gambit, indirectly killed Thea's mother, took away her brother for 5 years and almost killed him, killed Tommy and hundreds of people, and brainwashed her into killing Sara.  If Thea is still attached to Malcolm after all that, then she is even more self-centered than Laurel.

I agree with those who think that Laurel's new trainer will be Nyssa - because it's just something else that she can copy from Sara.  But I still have a problem with Ra's permitting a non-member to get free LOA training.  BTW, Thea training Laurel would give us a laughable training scene because neither WH nor KC can fight convincingly.

Incidentally, talk about plot contrivance - Diggle gets beat up by Brick.  Ted gets beat up by Brick.  But Laurel escapes with minimal injuries because Brick conveniently doesn't like to hit women.

I initially thought that the game-changer would have to do with Ra's and the LOA.  315 is also the one where Oliver and Laurel have a "pretty good" scene.  So maybe Oliver and Laurel argue over who gets to sacrifice themselves for Thea, and then find out that Thea's gone off on her own.  But then we know that everybody's back for the wedding in 317.  So now I agree with those who think that the game-changer will have to do with Malcolm - his sudden but inevitable betrayal.

After reading the spoilers (see latest MG tumblr responses), I'm even more pessimistic about the future for Oliver and Felicity.  It sounds like MG is resetting their relationship back to zero and it's ominous the way he said that Felicity is "moving on romantically" and "very clearly closed the door on entering into a romantic relationship with Oliver" at the end of 312.  I can't help but think the EPs are trying to drop that romance altogether.

Incidentally, I have a feeling that Oliver and Laurel are going to attend Diggle's wedding together (as each other's dates), while Felicity brings Ray as her plus one - because MG seems to enjoy stirring up the fans.  It would also create the classic misunderstanding trope.  After all, last season Felicity saw Oliver hook up with Sara after he gave Felicity the "I can't be with someone I can really care about because of the life I lead" speech.  On some subconscious level, she's got to wonder if it's just her he can't be with.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
Malcolm killed Thea's father (in all but biology) by sabotaging the Queen's Gambit, indirectly killed Thea's mother, took away her brother for 5 years and almost killed him, killed Tommy and hundreds of people, and brainwashed her into killing Sara.  If Thea is still attached to Malcolm after all that, then she is even more self-centered than Laurel.

He also kidnapped Walter and held him prisoner for months and Thea loved Walter.

• Love 5

He also kidnapped Walter and held him prisoner for months and Thea loved Walter.

Does Thea remember Walter exists? I was under the impression that the big Merlyn bargaining chip was that he's her only parent now. Shame that the guy who raised her for five years gets no acknowledgement or gratitude.

• Love 6

Malcolm killed Thea's father (in all but biology) by sabotaging the Queen's Gambit, indirectly killed Thea's mother, took away her brother for 5 years and almost killed him, killed Tommy and hundreds of people, and brainwashed her into killing Sara. If Thea is still attached to Malcolm after all that, then she is even more self-centered than Laurel.

I agree with those who think that Laurel's new trainer will be Nyssa - because it's just something else that she can copy from Sara. But I still have a problem with Ra's permitting a non-member to get free LOA training. BTW, Thea training Laurel would give us a laughable training scene because neither WH nor KC can fight convincingly.

Incidentally, talk about plot contrivance - Diggle gets beat up by Brick. Ted gets beat up by Brick. But Laurel escapes with minimal injuries because Brick conveniently doesn't like to hit women.

I initially thought that the game-changer would have to do with Ra's and the LOA. 315 is also the one where Oliver and Laurel have a "pretty good" scene. So maybe Oliver and Laurel argue over who gets to sacrifice themselves for Thea, and then find out that Thea's gone off on her own. But then we know that everybody's back for the wedding in 317. So now I agree with those who think that the game-changer will have to do with Malcolm - his sudden but inevitable betrayal.

After reading the spoilers (see latest MG tumblr responses), I'm even more pessimistic about the future for Oliver and Felicity. It sounds like MG is resetting their relationship back to zero and it's ominous the way he said that Felicity is "moving on romantically" and "very clearly closed the door on entering into a romantic relationship with Oliver" at the end of 312. I can't help but think the EPs are trying to drop that romance altogether.

Incidentally, I have a feeling that Oliver and Laurel are going to attend Diggle's wedding together (as each other's dates), while Felicity brings Ray as her plus one - because MG seems to enjoy stirring up the fans. It would also create the classic misunderstanding trope. After all, last season Felicity saw Oliver hook up with Sara after he gave Felicity the "I can't be with someone I can really care about because of the life I lead" speech. On some subconscious level, she's got to wonder if it's just her he can't be with.

I read it as Felicity closed the door right now on being Romantically involved with Oliver but she is NOT moving on Romatically to any one

And yet again they would be so stupid to alienate more fans and destroy Olicity and try to sell very Toxic Laurvier as an option

Oh MG just come out and say Ol creepy eyes is Felicity's plus one at the wedding. The No comment doesn't help

Edited by jay741982

I have to agree on Thea being written as bad or worse than Laurel this year, if I'm being honest. She gets more of a pass from me because I like WH a lot more than I do KC, and the fact that I've always liked Thea and been sympathetic to her up until now. I just wish her character wasn't getting thrown under the bus this season to make this whole stupid plot with Malcolm happen.

• Love 9

I have to agree on Thea being written as bad or worse than Laurel this year, if I'm being honest. She gets more of a pass from me because I like WH a lot more than I do KC, and the fact that I've always liked Thea and been sympathetic to her up until now. I just wish her character wasn't getting thrown under the bus this season to make this whole stupid plot with Malcolm happen.

I completely agree. I have never had a problem with Thea and I like WH, but some of her actions are really unbelievable. This bond with Malcolm is really hard to swallow, and at the end of the day, that she woud go to such lenghts to stand by him because he "helped make her stronger" isn't enough of a motivation for me.

Besides, this could be another thing Oliver feels guilty about, he wasn't honest with her and she sought "guidance" from MM. At least he seemed to think so in The Climb, but now he  has forgotten about it, apparently. :/

• Love 2

It must be a common trait inherited from Moira... Thea's dismissal of what Malcolm's done to her loved ones in favor of what he can do for her now makes light of her 'love' for those loved ones - in the same way that Oliver's dismissal of what Malcolm's done to his loved ones in favor of what he can do for him now makes light of his 'love' for them.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Does Thea remember Walter exists? I was under the impression that the big Merlyn bargaining chip was that he's her only parent now. Shame that the guy who raised her for five years gets no acknowledgement or gratitude.

Does anyone remember Walter exists?

I know the actor is busy elsewhere, but not having him this season is creating a glaring hole in Thea's plotline. And causing a desperate lack of sexy British accents.  Focus on the important stuff, show!

• Love 10

Does anyone remember Walter exists?

I know the actor is busy elsewhere, but not having him this season is creating a glaring hole in Thea's plotline. And causing a desperate lack of sexy British accents.  Focus on the important stuff, show!

I could have sworn i read somewhere that Colin Salmon confirmed at a Con he was coming back to Arrow S3.  I think we might see Walter in a 314 flashback.

I've always been and prefer to be spoiled to the teeth, but with con appearance Q&As, MG on Twitter and Tumblr, and just...whatever, this is actually exhausting me. And it makes me feel a certain dread that I know wouldn't be present if I could just watch the episodes with out outside commentary/foreshadowing. I'm just feeling so blah this morning. My fave Oliver is in the midst of yet another cycle of dumbassery, Felicity's going to be off with Ray even more, and now Oliver and Felicity are just going to have a friendship "of sorts"? All my reasons for watching are fucked at the moment. I think I'm having some version of Arrow PMS, haha.

• Love 7

I generally remain spoiler free on most of my shows, I have no idea what's going to happen on Major Crimes, Supernatural, The Vampire Diaries, The Flash or The Originals.  I generally only get spoilers on shows I have grown to dislike so I can prepare myself for the suckiness (Sleepy Hollow, Arrow).  Or shows where there's a high percentage that a character I love will die (Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead) so I can prepare for it.

• Love 3

I generally remain spoiler free on most of my shows, I have no idea what's going to happen on Major Crimes, Supernatural, The Vampire Diaries, The Flash or The Originals.  I generally only get spoilers on shows I have grown to dislike so I can prepare myself for the suckiness (Sleepy Hollow, Arrow).  Or shows where there's a high percentage that a character I love will die (Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead) so I can prepare for it.

I spoil myself for pretty much everything (I even read the end of books before I start), because it's more about the journey to me than being surprised, and I like preparing myself. I'm usually very wait-and-see, and I know it's not going to be as bad as I think it will - I know the door isn't shut on Olicity, and this "friendship of sorts" will probably not be as bad as I think it will, and Oliver will get his head out of his ass on this particular point sometime, but...I've never felt dread like I feel it this morning. 

• Love 1

I have a love/hate relationship with this show. I'm confident Malcom is going to turncoat and Diggle and Felicity will be vindicated. That makes me happy. I'm pretty confident Oliver and Felicity will end the season together or in a good place. That makes me happy. What doesn't make me happy, is I have little interest in how they get there.

Olivers whole question is Arrow or Oliver. His humanity. I understand knocking him down a few pegs to work him thru the end of the season, but they are straight up making him stupid with Malcolm. I would enjoy it a lot more if Oliver told Thea and made it her choice. Or even if Oliver let Malcolm know that once Thea was safe, he better run because Oliver was coming after him.

I hate Ray. I resent the hell out of him because he took a story that should be Felicitys. And the idea that Felicity would date him boggles my mind. Why would she date in the superhero business after everything with Oliver? She needs Mr. Normal.

And where to start with Diggle? They have sidelined him. They have made him bend with the plot.

Even when I wasn't crazy about the plot, I had Team Arrow. Now I can't count on that.

• Love 13

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too. If that's the case, I think there's a high chance it's used on Felicity. I think there's got to be a connection between someone being in the hospital and the lazarus pit. I can't see Donna being in this episode unless she's in the hospital or Felicity's in the hospital. 

I will have to rage if they even try to use a Lazarus Pit on Felicity, I swear.

If Mama Smoak's around in the hospital and either she or Felicity are patients, and the phrase "hospital sex" is used, then I seriously doubt Felicity gets Lazarus Pitted. I'd say it's probably Thea (maybe that's why MG said Thea wouldn't interact with MS - still hoping MG read that question wrong). Could be Laurel if they're going to give her a canary cry. 

It's probably Lazarus Pit.

If you count spaces, there's room for almost exactly 12 letters in that redacted space (compare the space to EPISODE #318 directly above)  - so good guess.

MG has already said that Laurel was not going to become a meta-human - but would using the LP on someone make them meta-human?  I don't think it's Sara because spoilers have said that she's dead-dead (plus KC's been way too happy). I don't think it's Thea because someone has to not fulfill their comic book destiny this season.  I think it's unlikely to be Felicity, but possible.  Diggle is also possible if they're going to make him a costumed 'superhero' as well.  Oliver's a long shot, but also possible (Ra's kills him again and then revives him using the LP).  I'm hoping for Tommy.

EDITED TO ADD:  I can't believe we've been reduced to counting spaces.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 5

Does the title spoil the episode content or does it spoil something leading up to the episode?

Maybe it just The Choice its about Oliver and Ray. Cause I want to be done with that.

SA said this ep blows up the show (not "literally," as he said), so if I had to bet money? I'd say it's Lazarus Pit, and we're gonna have a zombie!someone on our hands. 

The way I fanwank Thea this season is Malcolm's brainwashing her 24/7, and that's why she's defending him before anyone else. Roy is just dumb, though.

As far as I'm concerned, this is the only way Thea's storyline makes any sense. If I wanted to stretch it I would say Malcolm has managed to get drugs into everybody at some point which is why so many of them are making stupid decisions or acting out of character.

It's funny though. The EP's, and some viewers, keep talking about characters fulfilling their comics destiny. Laurel is getting hers and yet they seem to be going out of their way to do it in the weakest way possible. She's had minimal training and is not very good, Ted Grant is a joke (which negatively affects HIS comic destiny or history as well) regardless of the actor's situation, and if they do have Oliver train her (which they almost certainly will) it will pretty much forever sink any idea that they are trying to recreate comics BC. Dinah Lance is one of the best martial artists in the world, in the comics, here Laurel can barely throw a punch without falling over and swings that staff like it's a stone club. 

Edited by KirkB
  • Love 6

I will have to rage if they even try to use a Lazarus Pit on Felicity, I swear.

I think a lot of people would rage about Felicity being put in the LP. I can't See Oliver being okay with that and if Felicity knew about LP she wouldn't be either

• Love 1

Either that or "The Death of [insert character name here]".

Did they use "A Death in the Family" as an episode title already? If not, they absolutely will at some point. Because it's from Batman, and these writers have shown they will steal anything from an old Batman comic book.

So much for grim and gritty and no powers, huh? This show has become a joke.

Maybe it's "The Betrayal."  MG is so evil that I could see him killing Laurel only to bring her back with a Lazarus Pit.  Like "Ha, bitches, bet you thought she was dead!"  I have already prepared myself for that scenario.  

The Betrayal seems like it could fit too. Or maybe just Betrayal? Hopefully it's that and not zombie! person. 

Actually, I'm now leaning towards Oliver as the one to use the LP.  SA said that the LP was not used to revive Oliver after the 309 duel, but that doesn't mean it can't be used for him later.  There's no possible way that Oliver can defeat Ra's without the EPs completely emasculating the iconic Ra's al Ghul.  So Oliver fights Ra's again and ends up on his knees before Ra's.  Ra's 'kills' him again but is so impressed by his courage (or whatever) that he decides to make Oliver his protege, and revives him using the LP.  That way, Oliver gets enhanced abilities that would make him more equal to all those meta-human villains coming into the Flarrow universe.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4

I feel like Lazarus Pit would be a huge spoiler and at the same time not at all. They've talked about the Pit, they have shown the Pit and they brought in Lame Sauce Ra's. Its not a huge stretch.

And if it is the Pit, I find it interesting Felicity is in a hospital the same episode.

I wonder if Felicity and someone else is hurt. The group leaves an injured Felicity in the hospital while they take the someone else to the Pit. It would explain why Mama Smoak only has scenes with Felicity

I feel like Lazarus Pit would be a huge spoiler and at the same time not at all. They've talked about the Pit, they have shown the Pit and they brought in Lame Sauce Ra's. Its not a huge stretch.

And if it is the Pit, I find it interesting Felicity is in a hospital the same episode.

I wonder if Felicity and someone else is hurt. The group leaves an injured Felicity in the hospital while they take the someone else to the Pit. It would explain why Mama Smoak only has scenes with Felicity

Yeah, I don't think it'd be much of a spoiler, but these guys...who knows what they think.

Could be that someone else is injured, but why would everyone leave to take an injured party to the pit? Not a single person stays behind to keep tabs on Felicity? If MS doesn't interact with anyone and Felicity's the one injured, then why isn't Ray even around? Unless they're LPing him, in which case...why? Surely use of such a thing would come at a great cost to Oliver, unless they're trying to sell that he loves Felicity so much that he's willing to sacrifice himself so that the man he thinks she loves can live, ahahaha I'm going to go throw up.

Edited by apinknightmare

I would hate for Donna and RAY to be the only ones around if Felicity is seriously hurt. But MG sucks

Pass me the basin when you're done with it.

It could be that other people go to see Felicity but Mama Smoak is off in the cafeteria when they're done.  But really, I don't want the Lazarus Pit to show up for anyone but Tommy, Sara or a member of the LoA.  Keep fantasy in its place.

NO to Canary Cry.  Unless it's the weeping of the Canary as she dies.  Not that I want Laurel to die, I just don't want her to be the BC of the comics by the end of the season.

MG is a trollery little person, isn't he?  He could have ignored the question if Ray is going to be Felicity's +1 instead of saying 'no comment', which sounds like 'yes' and will get everyone riled up.

Ray's vibe is also more appropriate for Flash. His humor sorta fits in better there. Plus his suit makes way more sense in Flash than arrow. As much as I like the masks on Arrow, they are essentially elaborate halloween costumes.

I agree.  I can see why they started him off on Arrow this season, because they didn't know The Flash would survive much less be more watched, but he fits in much better with the Flash tech and their humor.

The way I fanwank Thea this season is Malcolm's brainwashing her 24/7, and that's why she's defending him before anyone else. Roy is just dumb, though.

It's like season 1 and season 2B Thea though.  She's  pretty self-centered, which made sense when she was 18 but not so much now.  Malcolm is good to her and pays a ton of attention to her as well as a lot of money, he saved her from the mirakuru soldiers when the rest of her family didn't care (in her mind -- the real reason is she flounced off and they thought she was out of town) so therefore he must be a good guy,

With 12 spaces in the title, it could be "Lazarus Pit" which is only 11.  I like "The Betrayal" more though because it leaves more room for story.  However, if it's the return of zombieTommy, putting Tommy in the title would itself would be very spoilery.

I read it as Felicity closed the door right now on being Romantically involved with Oliver but she is NOT moving on Romatically to any one

That's how I understood it too.  Felicity has shut the door on being romantically involved -- for her own sake, not because he was dangling maybes so yay writers -- but not that she's going to move on romantically to someone else [Ray]. 

Asked if we'll see a friendship between Oliver and Felicity, he replies "Of a kind, yes." so I'm going to choose to be hopeful.  Felicity and Oliver had never really had a chance to be just friendship because of Felicity's crush.  Now that she's shut the door romantically, and Oliver has shut off his romantic feelings, we can see how they work together purely platonically, like Oliver with Roy or Diggle.

I don't see why Oliver would invite Laurel as his +1 since she would have got an invitation on her own now that she's working in the lair.  (Oh, god, is there a stand for her Canary suit?  I don't want a stand for her Canary suit there.)  I think if JR Ramirez were available, Laurel would have asked Ted Grant to be her +1,

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 2

Yeah, I don't think it'd be much of a spoiler, but these guys...who knows what they think.

Could be that someone else is injured, but why would everyone leave to take an injured party to the pit? Not a single person stays behind to keep tabs on Felicity? If MS doesn't interact with anyone and Felicity's the one injured, then why isn't Ray even around? Unless they're LPing him, in which case...why? Surely use of such a thing would come at a great cost to Oliver, unless they're trying to sell that he loves Felicity so much that he's willing to sacrifice himself so that the man he thinks she loves can live, ahahaha I'm going to go throw up.

Ill be pissed if Felicity is hurt and Oliver is stupid enough to not actually be there for her but MG sucks its all about Ray!! UGH

I am just upset about this entire Olicity status. Between the crap MG is spewing on Tumblr and Lauriver fanwanking, I am just about done.

What annoys me is that Felicity has no story for herself. I just wish she can have her own story and just be on her own for now...Or if they must give her another love interest then they should have gone for a regular guy who is NOT weird and off-putting like Ray. Ugh!!! :(

• Love 2