Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

On IGN a lot of people are saying it looks like Captain America's suit which I find odd. I don't see it that much.

lol no, Captain America's wasn't as bulky, and his helmet wasn't as weird looking. I like Cap's more. But for TV this looks good

• Love 1

Eh the lipstick I have no problem with I mean if Oliver could put green paint over  his eyes in the shape of a mask lipstick is no problem. And it's basically the same thing in Iron Man with the suit.

• Love 2

It does have a Robocop feel to it - plus the atom symbol reminds me of Doctor Manhattan from Watchmen.

As for his powers - shrinking, with all due respect, is a lame power. Difficult to show attractively without a large budget, which they don't have. Shooting stuff with light beams is also kind of... i don't know.

But since the EP' love their toys, I guess we're bound to have an Arrow vs ATOM episode. With a tie.

I think he's going to shoot people full of little bolts of blue light! Like a giant human crime zapper. Heee. I actually dig that it's like Robocop, I love that movie/character, and yeah doesn't take Iron Man 45 minutes to suit up so whatevs.

Regarding the dialogue tease from Felicity - that she can't think of a world, a universe or a plane of existence where Oliver would agree to any of that - I guess he comes back and proves her wrong (agreeing to working with Malcolm or anything else she argued against) thus forcing her to go Mad As Hell and call it quits.

• Love 1

Tony, ah, Ray built a machine that helps him put it on. It's in the office next to his Salmon Ladder. 

And I just want to say the ATOM symbol could also be a flower. He is a peaceful hero. 

So, the suit will be ready in 3 episodes? Considering the arm wasn't even working last week that is quite impressive. I am really curious what they are planing to do with him. If he is their version of Iron Man couldn't they have just done an original character? Because this one comes with a story. The reason they call him ATOM is because he can shrink and enlarge his body and manipulate his weight. What can the suit do? Can the suit shrink him? 

I think the suit looks fine, but now seeing him in it, yeah it doesn't fit Arrow. It would fit better on The Flash--and I hear you Flash fans backing away slowly, but I'm one of you. I watch and like that show too. I just think he's staying in-universe for the time being, and to me, it makes more sense to have him at least part-time on The Flash.

• Love 4

So Ray in costume as the Atom will debut in 315 - the same episode where MG says the show takes a "hard left turn" that no one will see coming and will be one of the "biggest surprises". 

Maybe this hard left turn will be changing the show from one grounded in realism to one embracing 'superpowers' - like a shrinking man perhaps?

• Love 2

It's interesting. Are those chains holding things together? He looks really bulky and the "A" reminds me of Avengers. But it looks cool.

Iron Man, Tony Stark basically steps into his suit, or it flies onto him now. Can't remember what happened in the first movie. But yes I am very curious what this suit will do.

(edited)

So Ray in costume as the Atom will debut in 315 - the same episode where MG says the show takes a "hard left turn" that no one will see coming and will be one of the "biggest surprises". 

Maybe this hard left turn will be changing the show from one grounded in realism to one embracing 'superpowers' - like a shrinking man perhaps?

Possible

Iron Man, Tony Stark basically steps into his suit, or it flies onto him now. Can't remember what happened in the first movie. But yes I am very curious what this suit will do

In the movies he has machines/robots that assemble the pieces of his hardware onto him.  Except for the smaller/lighter version which are designed to be portable like in IM2 and the one that was mind-linked in IM3

Edited by Morrigan2575

Tony Stark basically steps into his suit, or it flies onto him now. Can't remember what happened in the first movie. But yes I am very curious what this suit will do.

He has a machine that helps him put it on in the first movieiron-man-2008-movie-09.png

• Love 1

So Felicity is mad at Oliver that he made a decision that she doesn't agree with (or that she would have never thought he'd agree to) and she is done with him after that. Seems a little over the top. Considering he just got back from being dead. But I will not judge until I see the whole thing

Edited by Belinea

Folks I'm preparing myself for the worst when it comes to Felicity. I have this 5 episode philosophy that states I will ignore everything she does from 11-16 (should I change to 18?) because it will no doubt be for plot contrivance. I should've really done it with Olive in season 2 but I was blind sided by the pooh flying at me. I know Felicity Smoak, I like her character so whatever happens, happens.

I think there'd be a valid "mad as hell" argument potentially, but I just know that show won't handle it well.

• Love 3

So Felicity is mad at Oliver that he made a decision that she doesn't agree with (or that she would have never thought he'd agree to) and she is done with him after that. Seems a little over the top. Considering he just got back from being dead. But I will not judge until I saw the whole thing

Well, she'd be pissed that he teamed up with a guy who engineered the circumstances under which he died, so...IMO, it's understandable. And I think she'd be (temporarily) done with ever considering a relationship with him, not done working with him. Weren't there pics of her in the Foundry in 3x14?

Grant Gustin posted a photo of the ATOM suit alongside The Flash suit on his Instagram. I thought we were getting the ATOM suit when Ray and Felicity cross over to The Flash, but now it's happening on 3x15? So maybe the Central City visit is more for tweaking than actually developing the suit? *sigh* I'm not really sure how I feel about this.

Grant Gustin posted a photo of the ATOM suit alongside The Flash suit on his Instagram. I thought we were getting the ATOM suit when Ray and Felicity cross over to The Flash, but now it's happening on 3x15? So maybe the Central City visit is more for tweaking than actually developing the suit? *sigh* I'm not really sure how I feel about this.

I guess maybe Ray takes over the safekeeping of Starling while Oliver goes off to Nanda Parbat?

I don't blame Felicity for being mad at Oliver for teaming up with the man she holds responsible for his 'death' (if that is what happens). That wound will still cut pretty deep for her, even when he returns. You don't forget that. But I still see how that then leads to "I don't want to be a woman you love." The dots aren't connecting for me right now. 

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 1

I'm guessing maybe Ray as the ATOM has a few false starts like Laurel as BC and the suit needs tweaking or improving and that's why they go to CC.

"Certainly, the structure of [ARROW] Season 1 was, [Oliver] fought Malcolm [John Barrowman] and got his ass kicked, which is not dissimilar to the structure of Season 3, but the direction Season 3 takes, and this is not hyperbole – I know I’m prone to hyperbole, but no one is expecting where this is going. This show, I would say in Episode Fifteen, it takes such a hard left turn that no one is going to see it coming. It’s probably one of the biggest surprises we’ve ever done, probably because people are expecting a certain kind of story, and we have a different kind of story in mind."

I agree - don't think shrinking will happen.

Edited by tv echo

I'm so glad that it's taken Ray 15 episodes to get his own suit. Like everything else in this show, that is totally deserved, and does not minimise the sacrifices and journeys others have made to get to a point where they're stuck with a balaclava as a mask if they're lucky. 

/s

• Love 11

I don't blame Felicity for being mad at Oliver for teaming up with the man she holds responsible for his 'death' (if that is what happens). That wound will still cut pretty deep for her, even when he returns. You don't forget that. But I still can't add up how that then leads to "I don't want to be a woman you love." The dots aren't connecting for me right now.

They connect for me. She could very well be worried about Malcolm engineering circumstances again and Oliver really winding up dead that time. After knowing what it feels like to lose him, showing that kind of reckless behavior might make her say, okay, enough. I need to shut this down because I can't go through that again, especially if Oliver's intent on making dumbass decisions with his life and well-being.

They connect for me. She could very well be worried about Malcolm engineering circumstances again and Oliver really winding up dead that time. After knowing what it feels like to lose him, showing that kind of reckless behavior might make her say, okay, enough. I need to shut this down because I can't go through that again, especially if Oliver's intent on making dumbass decisions with his life and well-being.

Hmm, yeah, I can see that. It's that line of dialogue though. It gets me every damn time. It's just such a weird thing to say that I can't see what leads to anyone saying such a thing ever. It's too awkward that my brain kind of just stumbles on it.

I think if that's the reason, what he did to Thea would be a big factor. Hence the "woman you love", maybe?

Could be. I'm prepared for it to be ridiculous, but I really don't think it will be. I'm feeling confident about that now. I probably won't be tomorrow, haha.

Could be. I'm prepared for it to be ridiculous, but I really don't think it will be. I'm feeling confident about that now. I probably won't be tomorrow, haha.

I'm zen about the whole thing, though sometimes I wonder why on earth I started being so much involved with this show lol

Edited by looptab
  • Love 1

I just posted a photo that SA posted on his Instagram that makes it appear he's in Palm Springs today, and I get the feeling maybe he's been in CA for the whole weekend. I think CH has been out of Vancouver for a few days too. Maybe I don't have the typical shooting schedule straight, but...shouldn't they be filming?

Edited by Carrie Ann

1) Life-Ruiner

2) What episode is he not filming right now?

I just posted a photo that SA posted on his Instagram that makes it appear he's in Palm Springs today, and I get the feeling maybe he's been in CA for the whole weekend. I think CH has been out of Vancouver for a few days too. Maybe I don't have the typical shooting schedule straight, but...shouldn't they be filming?

They should be filming the Suicide Squad episode, so maybe that's why they've got some time off.

• Love 2

DR has just tweeted he's on set so it's more Suicide Squad.

EDIT: What @looptab said. 

Edited by Angel12d

I have given up trying to make sense of any of these spoilers.

If Felicity takes issue with Oliver making some questionable alliances, why is she still with Team Arrow in future episodes?

Based off of Diggle's promo line, what if the group doesn't side with Malcolm at all? But Oliver does. It would set up a lot discord in the Foundry leading to Oliver considering The Offer.

What is the line tease? Stupid computer blocks it.

Edited by 10Eleven12
  • Love 1

3x12 DialogueTease from ArrowWritersRoom:

"I can't think of a world, a universe or a plane of existence where Oliver would agree to any of this." - Felicity

The 3x12 synopsis says that Roy and Laurel are for accepting Malcolm's offer to help, Felicity is "adamantly against it," and Diggle has to make the final decision.

Edited by tv echo

DialogueTease from ArrowWritersRoom:

"I can't think of a world, a universe or a plane of existence where Oliver would agree to any of this." - Felicity

Thanks!

I'm guessing Felicity says this when the groupies are trying to convince them to accept Malcolm's help. Then Oliver comes back and teams up with Malcolm.

I have given up trying to make sense of any of these spoilers.

If Felicity takes issue with Oliver making some questionable alliances, why is she still with Team Arrow in future episodes?

Based off of Diggle's promo line, what if the group doesn't side with Malcolm at all? But Oliver does. It would set up a lot discord in the Foundry leading to Oliver considering The Offer.

I could see it being a situation where she sticks around because he and the team do need her, and she's just established that she cam back while Oliver was gone because it's her city too and she wants to keep it safe. But if Oliver's going to go off making stupid alliances, maybe it's be better to separate herself from him personally/romantically?

I think Diggle's promo line might have something to do with Oliver being able to accept that things aren't going to run the way they used to now that they've decided this is their mission, not just his.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1

Someone needs to remind the writers that their show isn't called the Justice League or Arrow and Friends. It's just called Arrow and should be mainly about him. 

Buffy and Angel had a group of people with them but the show was still primarily about the character in the title. Even during the character centric episodes, Buffy and Angel were not tossed off a cliff for them. They were involved in that characters story. Smallville could get away with it because it was called Smallville which is the name of a city they lived in. So anyone in that city could be focused on. 

• Love 5