Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Ive seen that one before.

Oliver appearing suddenly and saving the Glades does not compute with Diggle asking him if he can live with the new world order.

I wonder why there is not even a brief shot of Oliver and Felicity if Olicity is that important.

I'm still confused how Oliver can possible swing straight down the middle of the street.  What the hell did he shoot his arrow into that would be super high (cause it's a really long rope) but somehow not at all blocking the space running right down the middle of an open street. 

• Love 2

Oliver appearing suddenly and saving the Glades does not compute with Diggle asking him if he can live with the new world order.

I think Diggle must ask Oliver that after Oliver tells Laurel she helps the team more in the DA's office (or whatever he does to express his displeasure with her being Sara). 

I'm still confused how Oliver can possible swing straight down the middle of the street.  What the hell did he shoot his arrow into that would be super high (cause it's a really long rope) but somehow not at all blocking the space running right down the middle of an open street. 

OOOH! OOOOOH! HE'S SWINGING FROM SUPERMAN'S LEG, RIGHT?  RIGHT?

• Love 5

I don't understand how Oliver is even capable of walking let alone swinging through the air. We saw that blade go right through his chest. I can suspend disbelief for a lot of things but they must think we're stupid or something. 

Eh. I'm more interested in Maseo and Tatsu and how she becomes Katana than literally anything else on this show right now.

• Love 4

I want to know what those herbs are, and why QC/PI isn't getting a patent on manufacturing them .

I think Diggle must ask Oliver that after Oliver tells Laurel she helps the team more in the DA's office (or whatever he does to express his displeasure with her being Sara). 

This show is trying to gaslight because I'm convinced Laurel would be more useful in the DA's office where when "the police have plenty of evidence", she could be someone competent enough to put the crooks behind bars than out in the street with her big stick.

• Love 2

OOOH! OOOOOH! HE'S SWINGING FROM SUPERMAN'S LEG, RIGHT?  RIGHT?

That's not Superman's leg......

Because it's Oliver Fucking Queen. I really don't question what Oliver can do with stunts, he probably hooked onto a chopper or something. LOL

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 5

This show is trying to gaslight because I'm convinced Laurel would be more useful in the DA's office where when "the police have plenty of evidence", she could be someone competent enough to put the crooks behind bars than out in the street with her big stick.

In Left Behind Diggle said it took 8 months to catch them and 8 minutes for all of the to get off.

It just occurred to me to ask what the hell was Laurel doing the last 8 month if 97% of the bad guys Oliver and Co caught were still awaiting trial after 8 months.  Just how backed up is Starling City's judicial system?  After a trial it wouldn't matter if the evidence went missing.  The verdict would still stand.  Apparently Laurel hadn't been cooking so much as pre-heating the oven and planning her menu. 

• Love 7

Regarding 315, I think that is the episode which originally had Laurel's cut line indicating she knows about Oliver and Felicity.  Since 315 is also the episode where there's a "pretty good [Lauriver scene]", maybe Oliver and Laurel have a conversation about their current feelings for each other, and about Oliver's feelings for Felicity?  315 is also the episode where MG says the show takes a "hard left turn" that no one will see coming and will be one of the "biggest surprises" - so I don't know if that will be related or not.

Regarding 318 and MG's spoilers that Mama Smoak won't interact with any of the other characters and that the scenes with Felicity will take place in the present day - one easy explanation is that Donna doesn't come to Starling City, but Felicity goes to visit her mom in Las Vegas.  But where did the spoiler about the hospital come from?  I haven't been able to find it.  If the hospital spoiler is true, then maybe Donna is hurt or sick and that's why Felicity goes to visit her.  (They could even add a teaser about her father, setting up that story for season 4.)  If the hospital spoiler is not true, then maybe Felicity goes to visit her mom to get advice regarding Ray and Oliver, and to get away from Starling City for awhile.

Edited by tv echo

Unless SA is taking lessons from CH on how to troll an interview, Oliver and Laurel is not happening. 

Besides, as someone already pointed out, the Oliver and Laurel scene in Guilty was supposed to be the sweetest moment they have had in awhile and something about the closest they have ever been. And the scene was basically two people not listening to each other. Oliver was refusing to consider Laurel's side and Laurel was humoring Oliver with no intention of listening to his experience. If thats the 'sweetest moment,' I'm not even sure 'pretty good' rates.

Oliver and Laurel is my nightmare. Any mention of it I have to NOPE so hard.

• Love 11

my greatest fear is that Felicity will have influenced Oliver by choosing ray and he'll realize that he should have been more open and trusting and allow himself to be happy be he couldn't until it was too late for Olivicity. Then laurel will have learned how to be humble and kind but because of her failures in her journey to becoming BC and then they will both be better people who will come back together. MG will spin it as without each of their separate experiences they could not have gotten back together. But they were went meant to be. Blah blah blah./hork

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1

Well at least they're giving Thea a chance to be a badass, even if it's just a training scene.  Nice to see that they continue to show Thea training, lends some credence to her being a bit of a badass if/when the time ever comes

• Love 6

Just shows that they do know how to develop someone's fighting skills in a more or less believable manner. (If you don't count the jumping from the balcony) While I don't think they give Thea as much to do as they could, I hope that will change at some point. But I do believe that Thea gradually learns and becomes a fighter even if they don't give her the biggest storyline. Couldn't they have just made Laurel someone who refreshed her defense training after being kidnapped so often. Even if they would have just included it in a sentence but that way the audience might be more on her side. Or maybe it is just me who is still baffled that she managed to jump out that window without seriously hurting herself. 

As for Ray, I truly do wonder what they will do with him after this season. The suit will be ready before the end of S3 and we will see it but what happens then? I believe they could go several ways: 1. He stays on Arrow (God have mercy) 2. He moves to the Flash (I have no feelings regarding this) 3. He will just be gone/Move away... (I don't think they'd do it after using the whole season to build him up.) 4. He will get his own pilot (The CW is now ordering pilots to be filmed for next season. They have already ordered 3 but are supposed to order 2-3 more. Maybe that pilot will be among those. However, they have said they only have a very early idea. If the show would debut next season, the pilot should be finished and not an early idea. Therefore I am not sure that an ATOM spinoff will be airing next season. I don't even know who would be interested in watching. So far nothing about Ray has been exciting. The only thing the character has going for him is the actor that is playing him) 

One thing that might happen at some point though is Oliver getting at least parts of the company back because the newspapers from the future on the Flash gave that away. One could argue that this future could easily change. But I just want to believe the company will go back to Oliver at one point. 

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 1
As for Ray, I truly do wonder what they will do with him after this season. The suit will be ready before the end of S3 and we will see it but what happens then? I believe they could go several ways: 1. He stays on Arrow (God have mercy) 2. He moves to the Flash (I have no feelings regarding this) 3. He will just be gone/Move away... (I don't think they'd do it after using the whole season to build him up.) 4. He will get his own pilot (The CW is now ordering pilots to be filmed for next season. They have already ordered 3 but are supposed to order 2-3 more. Maybe that pilot will be among those. However, they have said they only have a very early idea. If the show would debut next season, the pilot should be finished and not an early idea. Therefore I am not sure that an ATOM spinoff will be airing next season. I don't even know who would be interested in watching. So far nothing about Ray has been exciting. The only thing the character has going for him is the actor that is playing him)

Pretty sure that early stages comment was Producer speak for we pitched an idea and the CW hasn't bitten....yet.  I know Pedowitz was asked about another Arrow/Flash spin-off at the TCAs and he commented that the network wasn't ready for another spin-off yet and wanted to see how Arrow/Flash did on their own.  Which I think is Network speak for well they pitched something but i didn't think it would work so I'm waiting and seeing.

I believe Berlanti and Co fully intend on doing their best to get ATOM a spin-off and I think the Ray/Felicity cross over, which (if that article I read is correct) features at ATOM Villain is the latest attempt to show Pedowitz that an ATOM spin-off can work.  So, I think it's likely that ATOM moves to Flash in S2, especially since they keep talking up the Ray/Cisco friendship from the crossover.  If not, I can see them splitting Ray between the two shows, to keep him relevant until they get a spin-off. 

• Love 3

Stop wishing Arrow's losers over to the Flash. I like and enjoy the Flash and don't want them getting dumped with Arrow's poor excuses for characters. :D

I think Ray fits in the Flash verse more than the Arrow verse. To me he would have a legitimate place because they don't have a character like him there now. He's redundant in Arrow because he essentially not!OliverQueen.

• Love 3

Ya know, I was thinking about that whole jumping out of windows thing.

Thea and Laurel have done it, but Roy hasn't (remember his face wayyy back in Ep 2 when Oliver did it and he just stopped and was like UM, NO.). . . shows that the suspension of disbelief must be SKY HIGH.   Shows Roy has more sense than the other too.  I will never ever ever understand how they managed to come up with doing Laurel as the BC in this manner. 

I think Dig's jumped out a window, but only on to the fire escape.  I still wanna know where Thea went when she jumped off her balcony :-P

• Love 1

Felicity would fit well with the Flash verse as well, Should she move over there? That's where she has been getting her character development anyway. I'll take her over Ray or Laurel any day. Ray or Felicity would be a redundant characters on Flash too. They already have a weapon genius with Cisco and a super hero with a suit with Barry.  I'm hoping and know I probably won't get, any other super heroes that stick around the on the Flash. 

They can keep using Arrow to try to bring more heroes shows if they want. But don't ruin another show with that. 

Edited by Sakura12

Felicity would fit well with the Flash verse as well, Should she move over there? That's where she has been getting her character development anyway. I'll take her over Ray or Laurel any day. Ray or Felicity would be a redundant characters on Flash too. They already have a weapon genius with Cisco and a super hero with a suit with Barry. I'm hoping and know I probably won't get, any other super heroes that stick around the on the Flash.

They can keep using Arrow to try to bring more heroes shows if they want. But don't ruin another show with that.

I kind of like Ray when he's not being creepy. I don't think Ray is a bad character. if Oliver gets his company back Ray would have to step down from his current role, so why not just let him run a QC division in Central city? Or move Palmer Tech to Central city where he keeps his own company or merges with star labs? I really do think it would work.

Oh and that could be the choice Felicity has to make between Ray and Oliver. Not romantically but professionally.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1

Oh and that could be the choice Felicity has to make between Ray and Oliver. Not romantically but professionally.

With these producers she probably has to decide on both levels. Because reasons :-) 

As for Felicity in 3x12. Maybe she will simply be mad that Oliver does side with Malcolm in the end. The one man who is responsible for killing people she cares about. If Oliver sides with the one guy who caused them and her so much pain then maybe she doesn't want to be a woman he loves. 

At this point I really don't know what they could do that would make everyone so so angry. I would however bet that someone here has already guessed what happens correctly. 

Edited by Belinea

If they can fix the issues with Ray (helicopter Ray, air quotes Ray, absent minded not stalker genius Ray), I wouldn't be opposed to him as a recurring character on Arrow and The Flash. I actually think he could be an interesting fit on The Flash. I just don't think he works as a character full time. Even though I don't think he is a male Felicity, I think you could make an arguement for them being the same 'type' of character plus the added Oliver-lite...They just don't need him. And I'm not sure where exactly he could fit into The Flash for more then a drop by basis.

Then maybe look into a spin-off, with a focus on a cast of characters that contrast with Ray.

• Love 1

Unless they write Felicity completely out of character for Laurel and Raylicity, the only reason I could see for her being mad at Oliver is if he agrees to let Malcolm join them so he can protect him.

If Malcolm went to Nanda Parbat after Rebeca's death (look, a link from the episode with Brick!) when Tommy was 8, that would explain the  young Nyssa casting.

In the comic preview, it looks like Malcolm is genuinely worried for Thea's safety. Which would be sweet if, you know, he hadn't brainwashed her into killing Sara.  When she finds out, she'll never be the same again.  If it were Malcolm himself he wouldn't care but he should be smart enough to know that Thea would.

It just occurred to me to ask what the hell was Laurel doing the last 8 month if 97% of the bad guys Oliver and Co caught were still awaiting trial after 8 months.  Just how backed up is Starling City's judicial system?  After a trial it wouldn't matter if the evidence went missing.  The verdict would still stand.  Apparently Laurel hadn't been cooking so much as pre-heating the oven and planning her menu.

And preparing for the approval.

I could like Ray if only they weren't pushing Raylicity because it's already tainted.  I could like Laurel as the lawyer she was at the start of The Calm and Left Behind.  Why do they keep screwing it up?

Besides, as someone already pointed out, the Oliver and Laurel scene in Guilty was supposed to be the sweetest moment they have had in awhile and something about the closest they have ever been. And the scene was basically two people not listening to each other. Oliver was refusing to consider Laurel's side and Laurel was humoring Oliver with no intention of listening to his experience. If thats the 'sweetest moment,' I'm not even sure 'pretty good' rates.

Not the sweetest moment but MG did say it was the closest they had been for a while. Which is true since at the end of Unthinkable Oliver was telling Slade to do what he wanted with Laurel, he was done playing the game.

Then laurel will have learned how to be humble and kind

Nope, not happening.  That would take a great suspension of disbelief than mirakuru, Oliver coming back from the dead and Ray actually shrinking.

I could see her being kind (maybe) but never humble.

• Love 3

Is Ray supposed to be a sort of Iron Man or more a sort of Ant-Man? What happens after he build the suit? If they changed his character to be more of an Iron Man kind of guy then I think he could be on both shows but I have a hard time seeing him shrink on Arrow. A show that is the somewhat more 'realistic' one of the two shows. But maybe that is just me and once MG includes it 'organically' into the show I will understand.

That being said I saw a commercial for Ant-Man and I thought it looked somewhat interesting yet stupid. (He shrinks and rides on an ant) Maybe the network wants to see how a movie with a similar character works before ordering another superhero pilot. (I doubt that however)  While it seems as though comics are everywhere, people still don't want to see bad comic book shows/movies. There's a certain built-in audience but that doesn't mean that this audience will stick around (e.g. Constantine, Gotham)

• Love 1

Felicity would fit well with the Flash verse as well, Should she move over there? That's where she has been getting her character development anyway. I'll take her over Ray or Laurel any day. Ray or Felicity would be a redundant characters on Flash too. They already have a weapon genius with Cisco and a super hero with a suit with Barry.  I'm hoping and know I probably won't get, any other super heroes that stick around the on the Flash. 

I would start preparing myself that The Flash is going to follow Arrow's pattern of being about the show titled hero for the first season and a half and than slowly changing into the Central City justice league. They seem very happy with sidelining their main hero and playing with their new toys, I completely expect that to happen on Flash.

Is Ray supposed to be a sort of Iron Man or more a sort of Ant-Man? What happens after he build the suit? If they changed his character to be more of an Iron Man kind of guy then I think he could be on both shows but I have a hard time seeing him shrink on Arrow. A show that is the somewhat more 'realistic' one of the two shows. But maybe that is just me and once MG includes it 'organically' into the show I will understand.

In this show? Iron Man. Because Guggenheim wants to pretend he's writing Iron Man, rather than the much lamer Atom. That's my guess. Just like he likes to pretend he's writing Batman. In the comics, I'm pretty sure he's basically DC's Ant-Man, and used in much the same ways, most of the time.

I have no clue how these people think they can just keep churning out spinoffs featuring whichever characters DC will toss their way. Have they never heard of oversaturation? They've already passed that point with all the characters they're forcing onto Arrow, I guess, so that probably proves they don't know the word at all. Here's a little tip, writers, do not include characters you do not need to tell your story. It's never, ever going to make your story better.

• Love 2

The article about Felicity/Olicity and the upcoming scene in 3.12 goes over a lot of my fears with this upcoming storyline and how its going to affect Felicity. If it is Felicity opposing Malcolm (which makes perfect sense), she could be made out to be the emotional, irrational bad one because they are diving into Malcolm's tragic history. If she gets mad at him for not coming to her first, she looks selfish for not putting the city first. Etc...The article really covers it.

The only thing I could think of that wouldn't reflect badly on Felicity is 1) he dangles another maybe and she throws it in his face or 2) Oliver completely shuts down (which doesn't sound likely)

Ugh. I may have to stay off everything for awhile too.

Edited by 10Eleven12

BR is not in this episode, right?  So we can be fairly sure Felicity doesn't run off to sleep with him in this episode?

The only thing I could think of that wouldn't reflect badly on Felicity is 1) he dangles another maybe and she throws it in his face or 2) Oliver completely shuts down (which doesn't sound likely)

I don't think it would reflect badly on her if she's angry because he is still hurt and yet won't stop vigilante-ing until he's fully healed.  That's one more okay option.  If they make it so that she's mad he didn't tell her earlier/first, they'll have officially ruined her.  That would be an incredibly self-involved response.

Edited by AyChihuahua

I really think when they decided to put Blue Beetle (and then were forced to change it to Ray Palmer) they really just wanted their own version of Iron Man because he's really popular.

I do like the suit though.

Edited by ban1o

Real Talk: How long does it take to get into that suit? We already have Laurel stopping for the perfect black lipstick and manicure. That suit looks COMPLICATED. How can you fight crime if it takes you 45 minutes to suit up?

• Love 3