Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Ray is like Barry in Oliver’s body.

Ray is NOT even near Oliver's level of hotness. GMAFB!

This line is an insult to both Barry and Oliver.

I'm not sure she means Oliver's body exactly, but more not Barry's body. It's more of a "intelligent mind in the body of someone tall with muscles". 

Ray is NOT even near Oliver's level of hotness. GMAFB!

This line is an insult to both Barry and Oliver.

No kidding its in a insult lol. Felicity has better chem with both of them. I'm hoping Barry tells her Ray is Dull and Lame and also what Oliver told him about not getting the girl

I think MG really wants fans to love Felicity with Ray, so that it opens up options either to drop any further Oliver/Felicity romance or for Felicity to leave the show with Ray to go to an Atom spin-off.

I just don’t think so.  If anything, their relationship has to end when he gets his spin off because there is no way that they could sell an Atom spin off on the CW with a preexisting relationship.  They will want to start him fresh.  Probably new city, new faces, new motivations and definitely new love interest.  So I don’t think Felicity is going anywhere.

You know, once in a while I get this crazy idea in my head that since the writers are so impressed with Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy, they will eventually rewrite that story into their own and have:

Batman = Oliver

Rachel = Felicity

Catwoman = Laurel

Two-Face = Ray

The big difference was that Rachel initially told Bruce she’d wait around for him to stop with this nonsense.  Meantime she started dating a guy that wasn’t a masked hero and so she did choice normal guy.  Felicity told Oliver she wasn’t going to wait, wanted a relationship now, and Ray will also be a vigilante so I see where you are coming but I think there are enough holes to not panic over. 

I actually don't see what's wrong with Oliver not wanting Laurel to be BC. He cares about her and he knows Sara would never want her to have that kind of life. I admit it's her choice but Oliver articulating his anger and worries about it seems perfectly in character to me.

No, it is in character.  They also need Oliver not behind Buckanary so that he isn’t the one that is training her.  BC can not be trained by GA.  I have barely read the comics and if GA ever trains BC I will have a melt down.  Sparring sessions are one thing, but ongoing training, hell no.  I should have a melt down when Roy mentors Laurel but at this point that’s just laughable and allows me to know that Buckanary will never be anything but a joke.

• Love 1

Can I just say how much I am actually looking forward to 317.

Even if it's really crap and OCC, David Ramsey looks good enough in a bow tie that I think I'll be able to ignore it. And Diggle suit plus the Diggle dimples we're going to get? I don't know how I'm going to deal. 

• Love 6
I admit it's her choice

But Oliver doesn't have to like it, support it or give his team to her. I hope he tells her to GTFO and do it on her own.

he idea that Ray loves Felicity, or that Felicity has any sort of feelings for Ray comparable to her feelings for Oliver just astounds me. That's not what I've been watching at all.

MSE.

I think MG loves both KC and Laurel.  I think he loves the Black Canary.  I think he wants eventually to return to the show's original vision of GA and BC fighting together and loving together.  Whether the other EPs will let him is another question.  But the EPs expect this show to last for several years, so he figures he has time - so long as the door is left open for Oliver to end up with anyone.

I think MG really wants fans to love Felicity with Ray, so that it opens up options either to drop any further Oliver/Felicity romance or for Felicity to leave the show with Ray to go to an Atom spin-off.

Sadly, I agree and it won't be the first show to do it (Waving at you, Smallville)

You would think MG would love anything that gets the show popularity and people talking which Olicity along with OG Team Arrow does. He should not force unlikeable characters down our throat. Ray isn't very well liked neither is Laurel. And obviously Ray isn't working well and its appaling he is trying to bring down and try to convince people that know better than Ray should have no shot when it comes to Oliver

Again, going back to Smallville and the horror of Lana and then Lois. I fear the worse!

Usually I am not one to be into the subtle details of the dress/color thing and all that jazz. And I seem to remember that MG said they aren't either but I don't know whether he chooses what characters wear or what nail polish the costume department uses on them but in those new behind the scenes pics EBR wears a red dress and blue nail polish. It doesn't even look good together. But so far Oliver was red and Ray was blue. So maybe they are really doing it...Who knows. 

Link: http://www.justjaredjr.com/photo-gallery/769183/colton-haynes-emily-bett-rickards-arrow-cast-wedding-set-04/

The only theory I have so far on 3x12 is that Felicity will be mad at Oliver for not telling them he is alive before he chooses to suit up again. And she is super mad that once again the Arrow is between them. She will then reject him romantically because he will never choose to be Oliver first and she doesn't want to be a woman he loves then if he isn't able to put them first. He will have not thought about that at all and won't know why she is upset hence 'Oops'

Then again why would she encourage Ray to go down the same road. He is trying to be a vigilante which means you have to be someone else as well. Maybe she thinks that unlike Oliver she can help Ray to be more himself and only be a part-time vigilante. 

Frankly it is confusing to me. If he were a normal guy I'd say I can see why she'd go for him but this seems like the same thing over again just with a completely untrained guy who can't seem to get anything to work on his suit other than the projection.

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 1

I'm still nervous about Lyla living. I think she probably will, but after AK talking about how they talk about how to make the characters the most miserable....well, what would make Diggle the most miserable would be killing Lyla. :(. I'd feel better if I knew the wedding was at the end of the episode rather than the beginning.

• Love 1

I'm not sure she means Oliver's body exactly, but more not Barry's body. It's more of a "intelligent mind in the body of someone tall with muscles". 

Which is doubly insulting, implying that Barry's body is not good enough and neither is Oliver's mind. It pissed me off when I read it, and continues to do so every time I am reminded of it. I think it's worse than "a woman you love" actually. 

And having been a Chloiser and a Chlarker, this was exactly why I didn't want to get into Arrow in the first place, and i don't have the tolerance that MG is expecting me to have. 

• Love 7
Does anyone think Oliver and Felicity will be Best man and Maid of Honor at Dyla wedding? Cue Longing looks at each other while Diggle and Lyla say their vows?

Sadly, I don't think they've shown Felicity as close enough to Lyla to be her maid of honor.  I would have loved seeing more of what we saw on the Flash crossover but alas and alack, Felicity as far as we know hasn't said a word to her since Captain Boomerang broke into the lair (seriously, do they just hand out keys?) 

Then again why would she encourage Ray to go down the same road. He is trying to be a vigilante which means you have to be someone else as well. Maybe she thinks that unlike Oliver she can help Ray to be more himself and only be a part-time vigilante.

They've said that Felicity views Ray as her chance to do it right, so maybe she thinks that super suit is the way to go?  Still doesn't sound like it would be fool proof but better than just going out there. 

Well, Oliver became a vigilante to protect the city, and good 'ol Ray told Felicity he wanted to do it to protect her, now that dear old Anna seems to be a distant memory. So because he doesn't have a promise to his father and a desire to honor his best friend behind him, he probably can make a relationship a priority in ways Oliver can't (yet).

ETA: changed the wording, because I shouldn't have written that Ray can "put Felicity first" - not quite what I meant.

Edited by apinknightmare

Someone mentioned Mama Smoak only having scenes with Felicity. Did I miss this spoiler?

That would make me sad because Team Arrow and Mama Smoak was my favorite moment from Secret Orgins.

The line about Ray...I'm really hoping it gets cut.

Edited by 10Eleven12

Well, Ray only wants to protect Felicity now so he and his suit can sit in the foundry with her because she protects the city from down there. 

The line about Ray...I'm really hoping it gets cut.

It won't because you have to learn that Ray is the best of both worlds. How else will you understand it if Felicity stops telling you.

• Love 1

Well, Oliver became a vigilante to protect the city, and good 'ol Ray told Felicity he wanted to do it to protect her, now that dear old Anna seems to be a distant memory. So because he doesn't have a promise to his father and a desire to honor his best friend behind him, he probably can put her first in ways Oliver can't (yet).

That makes Felicity sound selfish plus Oliver told her that Thea and Her are the most important people in his life. I frankly feel one of the reasons she fell in love with him is cause of his wanting to protect the City His family his friends etc

• Love 5

Well, Oliver became a vigilante to protect the city, and good 'ol Ray told Felicity he wanted to do it to protect her, now that dear old Anna seems to be a distant memory. So because he doesn't have a promise to his father and a desire to honor his best friend behind him, he probably can put her first in ways Oliver can't (yet).

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. Erm...

Someone mentioned Mama Smoak only having scenes with Felicity. Did I miss this spoiler?

Someone on Tumblr left MG this comment: 

I love Mama Smoak and type of interactions that has had so far with the cast members. In episode 318 In addition to Felicity course there is a chance to see her interact wit Thea or with other characters?

His response:

Unfortunately not.  You’ll see why.

And having been a Chloiser and a Chlarker, this was exactly why I didn't want to get into Arrow in the first place, and i don't have the tolerance that MG is expecting me to have.

Hello fellow refugee!  Yeah, even after they introduced Felicity and I loved her character, my past experience told me I should run, but I did learn too well from Smallville how to hold onto hope and I thought I could stick around and not get invested but season two sent me the kind of messages where I thought I was safe to care.  I'm still there but my stress levels are very high. Smallville has kept me away from a lot of heartache but I'm in too deep now to get out.  I'd need Doomsday levels of fail before I will jump ship.

Edited cause spelling counts.

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 4

They have to keep Lyla alive IMO because of Sara. If Diggle were to become a single father, he'd have to withdraw from Team Arrow because it's too dangerous.

MG has ruined my excitement about the Dyla wedding with Ray going as Felicity's +1 and the ham-handed bouquet catching.  The pale blue nail polish looks awful with the dress (dark blue would have been better if they had to go all symbolism).  It was in the upper 60s in Vancouver last weekend but it must have got cold again because the women are in puffy coats and boots.

The only theory I have so far on 3x12 is that Felicity will be mad at Oliver for not telling them he is alive before he chooses to suit up again. And she is super mad that once again the Arrow is between them. She will then reject him romantically because he will never choose to be Oliver first and she doesn't want to be a woman he loves then if he isn't able to put them first. He will have not thought about that at all and won't know why she is upset hence 'Oops'

That makes as much sense as anything I've read. Except, as you say, then she can't get romantically involved with Ray after that because even if he puts her first, he could still get killed just like Oliver seemed to.  Unless it's Fauxlicity because the real Felicity has never been a hypocrite.

The thing is, I cannot imagine a situation in which a woman in love shuts down a man who literally came back from the dead (having said he love her before dying). Even if he comes back and acts chaotically or stupid, the woman in love would slap him over the thick skull and become his grounding rod and guiding light.

If the writers make Felicity be mad at Oliver for dressing as Arrow and saving the city before telling her he's alive, it means they are turning her into Laurel and there's no help but to switch off the tv.

My bolding. Because that's what Felicity has always been to Oliver, the person encouraging him to be on the right path and be a better person.  It makes no sense to throw all that in the garbage on the off-chance they get a pilot with Ray.

I"m wondering if Felicity's character can survive this season the way Midnight City and the spoilers are going.  She'll take a hit for sure for turning him down at the end of 3x12 and an even worse one if she starts dating Ray after that. She may not know Oliver's dying thought was of her but the audience do.

Also, I just read SA's Q&A and he said there was a recent incident in the script that was too close to his actual life and he asked to change that. Wonder what that could be?

I hope it's not Donna being in the hospital with a breast cancer scare.  SA's mother had breast cancer twice, most recently in 2012.  But it would explain why Felicity is the only one to have scenes with her.

Darn.  I was hoping that Felicity would get hurt and she and Oliver would make up.  Or at least that Donna got to meet Quentin.

• Love 2

Frankly it is confusing to me. If he were a normal guy I'd say I can see why she'd go for him but this seems like the same thing over again just with a completely untrained guy who can't seem to get anything to work on his suit other than the projection.

It's confusing because it doesn't really make sense narratively. Before the spec was Ray was Oliver-lite and wanted to be with her while Oliver pushed her away - which did happen during the first 1/2 of the season. Now, he's just less-broody Oliver. If Oliver wants to be with Felicity, what does Ray have going for him that Oliver doesn't? He never pushed her away? He didn't die? He's still going to be a vigilante putting himself in danger every night. 

I don't think they've fleshed out Ray enough as a character and they sure as hell haven't given Felicity a point of view, so the whole "triangle" as it were, is, in short, stupid. Sorry, I ran out of coherent things to say about this show.

• Love 7

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. Erm...

Why would that be sarcasm? Oliver's loaded down with expectation and dedication to the city, so much so that he feels like he can't be himself in order to keep people safe. Ray doesn't have that issue. I'm not saying Felicity would choose to date him because he told her he wants to protect her and would put her first - Felicity doesn't care about that. It's just that he's entering into this vigilante thing from a completely different angle than Oliver and that leaves him open to the possibility of actually being a romantic partner in a way that Oliver isn't. Didn't he tell Felicity at the beginning of the season that he couldn't be with her because he had to be the Arrow? 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1

Sorry the "now that dear old Anna seems to be a distant memory." Threw me off. Everything I read after that was heard in my sarcastic voice.

Eh look, it seems too much of a splitting hairs thing. As Felicity said "why does this keep happening to me". It boggles my mind that she'd even consider ANOTHER vigilante, especially after Sara and Oliver, both accomplished at defense and offense, died.

Yes but his mission doesn't entail what Oliver's did...eeeeeeh it kind of does. Maybe I should think of it this way: Ray wants Starling city safer so she can be safe and happy whereas Oliver does because he doesn't have a job or benefits. Sorry that was rude, Oliver does because Starling needs a hero to fight the yearly terrorist attacks. Wait why does Oliver want to?

I'm starting to think that the flashbacks in 3x18 will be Felicity's flashbacks, and it will be to her and Donna in the hospital. I think I remember way back at the start of the season that they wanted to explore more of Felicity's backstory in the second half? Did I make that up or am I remembering that from season two?? 

I hope it's not Donna being in the hospital with a breast cancer scare.  SA's mother had breast cancer twice, most recently in 2012.  But it would explain why Felicity is the only one to have scenes with her.

That's a really interesting speculation. SA said in his FB Q&A this week when someone asked him if he would ever ask the writers to include "Sinceriously"  on the show as an inside joke that, "No because that would come to close to breaking the 4th wall. There was a storyline the writers had in an upcoming episode that was too close to his real life and he had to ask them to change it." (paraphrasing despite quotes) 

It made me mildly curious as to what that storyline could have been but your speculation could absolutely be it.  So if the changed it from breast cancer could Mama Smoak just have a general health scare and Felicity come to see her so Mama Smoak can impart wisdom that life is to short to not risk your heart. Very trope-y but these writers.

Edited by Orion
  • Love 7

With Mama Smoak only having scenes with Felicity and all of her scenes n the hospital, yeah, Mama Smaok is the one in the hospital and likely Felicity has flown to see her which means Felicity while in 3.18 will probably be completely isolated from the rest of the cast (maybe a scene at the beginning or end with someone)  and I am worried about Mama surviving this.  If feels like we are going to have Felicity sitting at her bedside having a heart to heart talk, maybe about things that only come up when you think this is it.  They have hinted we will learn more about Felicity's father so.....

Just trying to plan for the worst.  It makes no sense to kill off a character that can exist off in the distance without impacting the show, especially one that was so warmly welcomed but I can't ignore the possibility. 

I'd much prefer a scare but if she was just going in for tests, would she have even called Felicity?  I suppose it could be a serious but recoverable operation, but we need her to be well enough to chit chat before or after so that limits some options.  What else is going on in 3.18?  If we have one parent in jeopardy, could they possibly do a parallel with Quentin?   

• Love 1

Sorry the "now that dear old Anna seems to be a distant memory." Threw me off. Everything I read after that was heard in my sarcastic voice.

Eh look, it seems too much of a splitting hairs thing. As Felicity said "why does this keep happening to me". It boggles my mind that she'd even consider ANOTHER vigilante, especially after Sara and Oliver, both accomplished at defense and offense, died.

Yes but his mission doesn't entail what Oliver's did...eeeeeeh it kind of does. Maybe I should think of it this way: Ray wants Starling city safer so she can be safe and happy whereas Oliver does because he doesn't have a job or benefits. Sorry that was rude, Oliver does because Starling needs a hero to fight the yearly terrorist attacks. Wait why does Oliver want to?

Well, the Anna part WAS sarcasm, because that was a pretty quick turnaround time. But every relationship on this show has a quick turnaround time, so whatever I guess. 

Maybe she feels like he'll be safer in a suit? I mean, he certainly wouldn't get run through in it. He wouldn't get shot with arrows in it. He'd be armed. If he's going to be Iron Man lite, he's definitely the safer of the two vigilante options. 

I'll disagree - Ray's mission definitely isn't the same as Oliver's. He's entering into it willingly, which is very noble. But is he sacrificing anything to do it? Nah. It's more of a calling than an obligation. Oliver's mother and father literally had a hand in destroying the city. And then Tommy died because of it. And decisions Oliver made in the past have brought people to the city who have tried to harm his loved ones and innocent people in Starling City. So, Oliver's got a weight on his shoulders that he might never break free from. Ray? He really, really doesn't. 

• Love 4

IF Donna is the one in the hospital and Felicity visits her, alone, then I have one other theory about why such a scene would matter.  Donna THINKS she's going to die (hopefully she doesn't) and she tells Felicity news about her father.  Turns out she knows where he is or something.  Felicity doesn't let anyone know about the news or him because she wants to do her own special brand of research on him first.

that's just a small enough nugget to carry into Season 4 and potentially have some kind of perilous impact on Felicity and Oliver, even if they aren't a couple.

Edited by writersblock51
  • Love 6

Ray's mission isn't the same as Oliver's but it's close enough if you're worried the man you love is going to sacrifice himself and your life together to save someone/the city.

I'd much prefer a scare but if she was just going in for tests, would she have even called Felicity?  I suppose it could be a serious but recoverable operation, but we need her to be well enough to chit chat before or after so that limits some options.  What else is going on in 3.18?  If we have one parent in jeopardy, could they possibly do a parallel with Quentin?

Maybe Felicity calls her and figures out her mother is going in for tests.  She flies down so she can be with her mother when she gets the results cuz it's nice to have someone there to hold your hand and hand you tissues.

I can't remember hearing anything else going on in 3x18. 3x17 is the Dyla wedding and Suicide Squad episode.  The Flahs 1x18 is Ray and Felicity visiting.

ETA:  I like the idea of Donna telling Felicity about her father. Sets it up for next season.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1

I still find it strange that Felicity didn't try harder to convince him not to. But I guess that would give away her vigilante status so moot point. Well for Ray it'll be a hobby. A part time job.

I think it depends on what the suit will be able to do. Will it be mostly like Iron Man, in which case why wear it and not just make robots to manipulate remotely? I just think that's incredibly naive of Felicity to think he'll be more OK, because like Laurel, he has zero experience. He'd be more of a liability than anything in the field until he understands the suit like his own skin. Buuuut then again Felicity is team Laurel now so hurrah.

It's weird, I love dickish Tony Stark but can't deal with Ray.

• Love 2

Ray's mission isn't the same as Oliver's but it's close enough if you're worried the man you love is going to sacrifice himself and your life together to save someone/the city.

Maybe, but we don't know that's why she's "asking Oliver to leave her alone romantically" or whatever. 

Wow discussion of Donna being in hospital really took off! I hope it's not cancer or a deadly sickness. If this show descends into anymore heartbreak, I don't think I'd be able to deal. Especially not a sweetheart like Donna.

• Love 2

Dickish Tony Stark has Pepper Potts. She gives as good as he dishes and there is mutual respect there. They felt like equals.

They didn't hit that vibe with Ray and Felicity. She is too much of a supporting character in his story. She needs to roll her eyes at him a little more. Call him out for pinging her phone.

Edited by 10Eleven12
  • Love 7

I still find it strange that Felicity didn't try harder to convince him not to. But I guess that would give away her vigilante status so moot point. Well for Ray it'll be a hobby. A part time job.

I think it depends on what the suit will be able to do. Will it be mostly like Iron Man, in which case why wear it and not just make robots to manipulate remotely? I just think that's incredibly naive of Felicity to think he'll be more OK, because like Laurel, he has zero experience. He'd be more of a liability than anything in the field until he understands the suit like his own skin. Buuuut then again Felicity is team Laurel now so hurrah.

It's weird, I love dickish Tony Stark but can't deal with Ray.

Laurel and Ray are in the same boat: they're going to do what they want to do, might as well have people around them who know what they're doing. Hopefully Ray fares better with that, since Laurel's presence seems to make people really stupid. No point in convincing them otherwise, I guess. 

I'm just making up my own reasons for trying to understand why she might choose Ray over Oliver in the meantime. The reasons the show gives probably won't make any sense, haha. BECAUSE PLOT.

• Love 1

Wow discussion of Donna being in hospital really took off! I hope it's not cancer or a deadly sickness. If this show descends into anymore heartbreak, I don't think I'd be able to deal. Especially not a sweetheart like Donna.

Did MG specify whether the hospital is in SC? I feel like he did, but I'm probably confusing it with something else. 

I wonder if Felicity tries to convince Ray to find someone else, someone who actually knows something about fighting, to wear the suit.  If he's so determined to help save the city, shouldn't he be open to using an expert?  Or is he going to be like Laurel and insist that he knows better than everyone else?

• Love 1

Yeah we really have to wait to see what MG thinks will make us angry.

Dickish Tony Stark is hilarious. Ray is...wow.

Limbo, I think I'd rather talk about Donna here than the rest of the show. Pretty telling, I'd say. I love Donna but she's a perky drop in a big bucket.

As long as Donna doesn't die.

• Love 1

I wonder if Felicity tries to convince Ray to find someone else, someone who actually knows something about fighting, to wear the suit.  If he's so determined to help save the city, shouldn't he be open to using an expert?  Or is he going to be like Laurel and insist that he knows better than everyone else?

Hey, Ray knows how to fight! He did pummel that bad dude onto the top of a desk and wrestled with him for a bit before Lance saved him.

Yeah, he definitely did. I was being sarcastic - he sucks.

Sorry. I wasn't sure, it was one of the scene I went to the kitchen during, as opposed to the scenes I just plain switched the channel on.

I wonder what Felicity thinks of all that because to me it just sounds like cookoo for cocoa puffs.  Add Ray to the list of people who need serious therapy time.

Edited by statsgirl

If they kill off another woman on this show, I can't imagine the backlash they would get especially after the TCAs. Next season, sure, but I think Mama Smoak and Lyla are safe for the moment. Unfortunately, Lance has a big fucking target on his back.

• Love 1

If they kill off another woman on this show, I can't imagine the backlash they would get especially after the TCAs. Next season, sure, but I think Mama Smoak and Lyla are safe for the moment. Unfortunately, Lance has a big fucking target on his back.

there is one more woman that has to die before this can end. ;)  Sorry I had too.

Edited by Orion
  • Love 7

The only thing that I am somewhat grateful for is that they haven't announced BR as a regular for next season yet that makes me somewhat hopeful that everything has to go to hell for Oliver before it can get better (which is not to mean things will get bettter, just a little less awful before the next season comes around) You have to build him up a little bit before you push him even further down. I mean the guy died this year and they make it seem as though that is the least of his problems once he returns. 

I have to admit though (and this is clearly not the topic at hand) a few years ago I was hooked on Hart of Dixie.It was just such a cute show to me. Then they brought in a new boyfriend for the main character and had him stay all season (almost 21 episodes) After the first ten episodes I was so fed up with that storyline that I just lost interest. In the last episode they tried to do what they hadn't done all season, try to get the main couple back together. For me they missed the right moment, I never returned.

The point of that is that shows shouldn't always assume that fans will stick around the whole season to see how it plays out. If you lose interest halfway through because certain characters overstayed their welcome already or have changed drastically, you will have a hard time going back to that. 

And I am actually surprised that I would be ok with Laurel being the BC if Ray were just a goner by the end of the season. Since KC won't go anywhere, I want my reward for watching the show be that Ray leaves for CC. Because both of them take up too much screen time for me. 

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 10