Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Honestly, KC is terrible at interviews.  She just talks and talks, and you see the same magical key phrases pop up (like "she goes from avenging her sister's death, to honoring her, to becoming her"), but she doesn't really answer the questions that the interviewer asks.

Edited by SonofaBiscuit
  • Love 5

Is blackmail included in Laurel's strong values and integrity? I think those of you who said KC's still stuck with her season 1 character decription are beyond right. Also I'm going to follow the advice and not read any more of her interviews, they just get me feeling worse about this whole storyline. Gah!

• Love 2

I need to stop reading KC's interviews because I'm getting more annoyed by it and it's starting to color my perception of her. I don't agree with any of what she's just said there. But then I don't think her s2 arc was a crucible AT ALL so maybe I'm not in the position to judge. 

I guess Laurel's motivation for becoming the BC is going change during the back half of this season...

From THR interview: "Then she goes to doing it for the right reasons, from something within her. You see in later episodes somebody alluding to that and it makes Laurel have that realization, that she's not just doing this to be her sister. It's inside of her and she has the capability to tap into that."

I can't even respond to this - I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone...

From Collider interview:  "She has very strong morals and values, and an enormous amount of integrity."

Edited by tv echo

Guggentroll posted on Twitter earlier that killing Oliver was the least crazy thing they did this season, so:

Can Donna Smoak take charge of Task Force X from Amanda Waller? Pretty please?

Am I the only one who thinks they're going to Lazarus Pit Sara and bring her back as a villain? And have Laurel actually defeat her in real life instead of a hallucination? It's a thought that's been floating around for a while, and every time I see MG joke around on Tumblr about how Sara's dead, and see tweets about how CL definitely isn't coming back to Arrow, I think SHE'S NOT AND SHE IS. 

It would be terrible and I would hate it, but I wonder if it's actually a possibility. I mean, if we're talking crazy shit.

I just want to get the episodes straight in my head so:

314 = Slade

315 = Nanda Parbat, possibly see the Lazarus Pits

316 = ?

317 = ?

318 = Suicide Squad and Mama Smoak hospital scenes.

Have we heard anything about 316 and 317? I honestly can't remember.

I think she likes getting the other side of the fans worked up. I think she thrives on that now. 

Anyone else would at least try to be gracious and give the fans reason to like them off-screen and maybe even feel guilty about hating their character when they are charmed by the actor.  (See, e.g., Routh, Brandon and Lotz, Caity)  But if this is how Katie wants to play it, well bless her little heart.

Moving on, Episode 18 is the first one I've been genuinely excited for since Episode 8. Hopefully, Mama Smoak and Suicide Squad make for a really zippy, fun hour of television.

Edited by KenyaJ
  • Love 6

Am I the only one who thinks they're going to Lazarus Pit Sara and bring her back as a villain? And have Laurel actually defeat her in real life instead of a hallucination? It's a thought that's been floating around for a while, and every time I see MG joke around on Tumblr about how Sara's dead, and see tweets about how CL definitely isn't coming back to Arrow, I think SHE'S NOT AND SHE IS.

I don't think she is because it seemed like they made very sure to make her blue dead:  shot with 3 arrows, fell off the roof, lay in the foundry for a day then in the freezer and then buried. It seemed like the EPs were really trying to make the point that Sara is DEAD, DEAD, DEAD, and gone.

It reminded me of the Hitchcock movie Torn Curtain, where Julie Andrews' and Paul Newman's character try to kill a man and he keeps getting up so they knock him on the head, shoot him etc over and over till he finally dies.

I think they need to get a p.r. person to sit down with Katie Cassidy and work out her answers in advance.

I always say, “Expect the unexpected,” because that’s how I feel when I’m reading the scripts.  I’m like, “Wow, I didn’t expect this!  It’s genius that they came up with this.”  So for her, you’ll see her go from avenging her sister’s death to then honoring her sister.  I do think she’ll find within herself why she wants to do this and be there.  She’s choosing to do this.  Sara didn’t have that choice.  She was with Oliver on the island.  This is Laurel’s choice to go out there and say, “Okay, I want to do this, not only because of my sister, but because of the city and the people I care about.”  She has very strong morals and values, and an enormous amount of integrity.  She’s very driven.  She’s an extremist.  She’s going to give 100% of herself.  In Season 2, at rock bottom, she certainly gave 100% of herself.

She gave 100% of herself to throwing that glass when Sara showed up.  And 100% of herself to pulling rank to get out of the DUI and than blackmailing to get her job back. Other than that... ?

I don't know much about Kate Spencer as Manhunter. Did she own her dubious methods? KC certainly doesn't own Laurel's.

Sara didn't have a choice to be on the island, and maybe she didn't have a choice to work for the LoA but she certainly had a choice about fighting for vulnerable people and taking on the villains of Starling City, not to mention going into the burning building to save that child.  Does KC really believe that Laurel is somehow better than Sara for SWFing her sister?

Saying "“Wow, I didn’t expect this!  It’s genius that they came up with this.” says more about her than it does about the writing.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 8

It would be terrible and I would hate it, but I wonder if it's actually a possibility. I mean, if we're talking crazy shit.

I had actually considered the thought that maybe Sara will be Lazarus Pit'd, but I figured it would be because they have realized what a terrible mistake they've made.  In that case, they'd just get rid of Laurel and replace her again with Sara.  If they actually bring Sara back so that Laurel can defeat her, well, prepare to have people hate Laurel even more.  That seems like a horrible idea considering how pissed people were the first time Sara was murdered.

• Love 1

I just want to get the episodes straight in my head so:

314 = Slade

315 = Nanda Parbat, possibly see the Lazarus Pits

316 = ?

317 = ?

318 = Suicide Squad and Mama Smoak hospital scenes.

Have we heard anything about 316 and 317? I honestly can't remember.

316 = The Offer

I had actually considered the thought that maybe Sara will be Lazarus Pit'd, but I figured it would be because they have realized what a terrible mistake they've made.  In that case, they'd just get rid of Laurel and replace her again with Sara.  If they actually bring Sara back so that Laurel can defeat her, well, prepare to have people hate Laurel even more.  That seems like a horrible idea considering how pissed people were the first time Sara was murdered.

Well, we're taking crazy here, that's why I mentioned it.

I seriously would not be surprised at this point.

I also wouldn't be surprised if it was your other theory (at least I think it was you, sorry if it wasn't) where they kill Laurel and Lazarus Pit her and give her that canary cry. 

The level of crazy dumb is always plausible in this show. 

That Variety article does not fill me with joy or excitement at all. Sounds very much like Oliver either works with Malcolm or Ra's, depending on who is the devil at this point. And the stuff about Felicity and Ray is just…no. Not interested. Bye.

That Variety article does not fill me with joy or excitement at all. Sounds very much like Oliver either works with Malcolm or Ra's, depending on who is the devil at this point. And the stuff about Felicity and Ray is just…no. Not interested. Bye.

I think it might be Waller. Or Malcolm. I don't think it's Ra's since MG said Ra's was going to make Oliver long for the days of Slade. Unless he agrees to work with Ra's to put a stop to something. 

And yeah...The love triangle. The only thing it gives me some hope about is if Felicity's trying to figure out whether she should be with Oliver or Ray, does that mean Oliver takes his head out of his ass and starts working for it finally? 

• Love 2

Yeah, or works with them both.  First with Merlyn and then ends up working with Ra's.  So far, this seasons Big Bad arc  has been a miss for me.

From the Variety interview

That conflict will be especially pronounced between Oliver and Laurel, who finally made her debut as Black Canary in the closing moments of the midseason premiere. Expect sparks to fly once Oliver discovers what his ex has been up to in his absence. “Oliver doesn’t want Laurel to be the Black Canary at all. He doesn’t want her out there,” Amell reiterated. “As far as he’s concerned, she’s more useful, and has been, in the district attorney’s office. ‘You catch them, I cook them’ — we said that in the season premiere.”

I'm with Oliver. Why couldn't they have left it at that and developed Laurel more slowly?  Unless it's a question of whether KC leaves the show at the end of this season or not, this has been done all wrong.

And while Oliver’s final thought was of Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) before he fell, his Girl Friday will continue to grow closer to Ray Palmer (Brandon Routh) while he’s gone. “For Felicity it really becomes a difficult choice between these two men who are both in love with her, who in a way she has strong feelings for,” teased executive producer Andrew Kreisberg. “A lot of the back half of the year is her trying to figure out who [she should be with].”

No.  Just no.

And if stalking and yelling at her for mentioning his fiance is love, count me out.

• Love 9

Oh boy looks like John Campena's co host was right the Oliver/Felicity/Ray Triangle will begin! I'm glad Felicity isn't gonna rush into a relationship with Ray. Maybe the good angst is Felicity is gonna make Oliver work for her love?

I think it might be Waller. Or Malcolm. I don't think it's Ra's since MG said Ra's was going to make Oliver long for the days of Slade. Unless he agrees to work with Ra's to put a stop to something. 

And yeah...The love triangle. The only thing it gives me some hope about is if Felicity's trying to figure out whether she should be with Oliver or Ray, does that mean Oliver takes his head out of his ass and starts working for it finally? 

Could be Waller. Good point. I always wondered if she would be in present day, especially as she is kind of the devil. I think it's just about figuring out the lesser of two evils.

The love triangle thing is horrible and I want no part of it. To me, there is no choice and Felicity being conflicted over who to choose just cheapens everything that's happened between her and Oliver over the last two years. Their love and friendship and trust has built so gradually and then this Ray dude comes in like a cardboard cutout of a human and we're supposed to believe that somehow competes?! I can't. 

It looks like 3x17 is Suicidal Tendencies, not 3x18. MG just posted the front page of the script. 

Yay! The thought of Donna Smoak having scenes in a hospital had me worried about what they were going to do with Felicity if the title was Suicidal Tendencies.

That Variety article does not fill me with joy or excitement at all. Sounds very much like Oliver either works with Malcolm or Ra's, depending on who is the devil at this point. And the stuff about Felicity and Ray is just…no. Not interested. Bye.[/quote

Any of us who speculated that Oliver would come back and side with Malcolm or Ra's was right on the money. I bet his lady love gets very pissed.

And if stalking and yelling at her for mentioning his fiance is love, count me out.

Yeah, when the hell has it ever been shown that Ray loves Felicity?! And if he got over the love of his life fiance that quickly, Felicity needs to run.  

Shouldn't the interviews make me want to watch?

Edited by calliope1975
  • Love 10

I'm not putting too much into him saying that ray is in love with her. He said a couple of weeks ago that oliver barry and ray were all in love with her and barry definitely wasn't. I think that's just his dramatic way of saying rays got feelings. Going by rouths interviews I don't get the feeling he's to the love stage just yet.

• Love 3

For Felicity it really becomes a difficult choice between these two men who are both in love with her,

Erm, is it just me, or did anyone else question when the hell Ray fell in love with Felicity? IDK I guess this is another classic case of tell vs show. I guess this is what happens when a show only takes 5 episodes to develop a romantic relationship between two characters. It's honestly a half baked romance. I wish Ray/Felicity were a better couple because it would've made the show a lot more interesting. But they (as a couple) are just making the show a lot more annoying. 

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 4

Could be Waller. Good point. I always wondered if she would be in present day, especially as she is kind of the devil. I think it's just about figuring out the lesser of two evils.

The love triangle thing is horrible and I want no part of it. To me, there is no choice and Felicity being conflicted over who to choose just cheapens everything that's happened between her and Oliver over the last two years. Their love and friendship and trust has built so gradually and then this Ray dude comes in like a cardboard cutout of a human and we're supposed to believe that somehow competes?! I can't.

You're right there should be no choice but it's a TV Trope to have a triangle. Blame it on the writers. It's just Stalling Olicity. I believe Oliver will always come first to Felicity

Just the prospect of Felicity "choosing" between Oliver and Ray has reduced my enthusiasm for the dream and ep 12 reunion to dust.

Am I being hypocritical? I had no time for Sara and Oliver but I endured till the end because I thought it would make sense. It didn't.

Fool me once.

• Love 9

And Ray is "in love" with Felicity? The hell? Since when?  Gee, how will she choose between an organic love that's developed out of two years of friendship and an insta-love that's developed out of ... IDEK what.

So much fail.

• Love 7

Ugh !!! While I am glad Oliver might have to start working for a relationship with Felicity, I wish Ray would just go away.  I have been in denial and was hoping the kiss in 3.07 was enough.  I find BR to be just a smidgen more interesting than KC, which is not at all.

• Love 3

To me, there is no choice and Felicity being conflicted over who to choose just cheapens everything that's happened between her and Oliver over the last two years. Their love and friendship and trust has built so gradually and then this Ray dude comes in like a cardboard cutout of a human and we're supposed to believe that somehow competes?! I can't.

I agree with you 100%. 

Why does she even have strong feelings for Ray? He is someone she likes and considers a friend and maybe someone she could learn to love but when have they shown her to have strong feelings for him? I could seriously live without the triangle. God knows it makes me even more agitated. Couldn't they have just come up with something creative? 3B sounds like it will continue to be as enraging as 3A

Erm, is it just me, or did anyone else question when the hell Ray fell in love with Felicity?

As someone who actually LIKES Raylicity? YES. The idea they think they've spent any times telling that story is just mind boggling. They had ONE nice date, c'mon!

And Ray is "in love" with Felicity? The hell? Since when?  Gee, how will she choose between an organic love that's developed out of two years of friendship and an insta-love that's developed out of ... IDEK what.

So much fail.

I'm hoping that AK is just being his usual clueless self because I don't believe that Ray is in love with Felicity, unless that starts to happen over the next 6 episodes. But to me he's clearly not over Anna or her death so I just don't get it. We haven't seen any of this. I'm still waiting on that amazing chemistry they hyped the shit out of over the summer. 

Yeah, I can sit through a lot of stuff but I might be checking out for this. 

Yay! The thought of Donna Smoak having scenes in a hospital had me worried about what they were going to do with Felicity if the title was Suicidal Tendencies.

Felicity could still be in the hospital in 318 when Donna Smoak returns. Hey maybe we get Felicity in a coma or something recovering from being hurt and she dreams about Oliver meanwhile We get good Angst with Oliver losing his mind over possibly losing her

• Love 1

BTW: Will BR be in every episode of 3B? Is he going to return next season? If he doesn't then Felicity's choice should be even more obvious. I just don't get why they don't learn from their mistakes. If you want viewers to buy a storyline then you have to show it, not only tell it in interviews. ( For example: Roy, Slade's love, O/S ...)

• Love 1

Erm, is it just me, or did anyone else question when the hell Ray fell in love with Felicity? IDK I guess this is another classic case of tell vs show. I guess this is what happens when a show only takes 5 episodes to develop a romantic relationship between two characters. It's honestly a half baked romance. I wish Ray/Felicity were a better couple because it would've made the show a lot more interesting. But they (as a couple) are just making the show a lot more annoying. 

I guess it was in 3.07. LOL! Routh said recently in a TCA interview that he thought it was just about her mind until the kiss after the date.  The kiss opened Ray's eyes. Love is stretching it though.  It always amazes me how ambiguous everything is on this show.  If it wasn't for these stupid interviews I wouldn't have any idea what story they are trying to tell.

• Love 1

Shouldn't the interviews make me want to watch?

Sinceriously.  There is nothing there that makes me want to watch the rest of the season.

Don't they get it, that there's enough trouble with Laurel becoming Buckle Canary, that when you add Felicity seriously thinking about Ray, they're crashing two of the supports the show stands on.

I can take the first but only if I get some good Felicity/Team Arrow along with it.

• Love 6

I think we are falling to remember 318 is still a ways away. I think we are in a bunch of Ray/Felicity hanging together and that's when Ray starts falling for her . I think Felicity THINKS she's falling for him when really she's trying anything she can to replace Oliver which she will realize she can't and choose Oliver.

I'm hoping that AK is just being his usual clueless self because I don't believe that Ray is in love with Felicity, unless that starts to happen over the next 6 episodes. But to me he's clearly not over Anna or her death so I just don't get it. We haven't seen any of this. I'm still waiting on that amazing chemistry they hyped the shit out of over the summer. 

Yeah, I can sit through a lot of stuff but I might be checking out for this. 

Yeah, it think it's just him overselling it, like he mentioned about Barry being in love with her as well in one of his other interviews.

I don't think we're meant to believe there's much in the way of feelings there yet on Ray or Felicity's part now, but that'll be part of their story later. And I don't think her considering Ray belittles anything she has with Oliver considering Oliver has been jerking her around for the first half of the season (and depending on how you feel about it, the end of last season, too). I don't think the depth of feelings she has for Oliver will ever be what she may or may not have for Ray, but I wouldn't blame her for considering it since Ray's fairly open and so far Oliver's told her he loves her, what, four times, has told her he can't be with her twice, and who knows what he'll do when he comes back? Ray's safe, that's all it is.

DEEP BREATHS 

• Love 2

Despite Oliver’s righteous indignation over Laurel’s dangerous activities, Amell admitted that his encounter with Ra’s will have a profound effect on the Emerald Archer: “I think he comes back a little more soft-spoken, a little humbled and forced to do things and work with people that he never would have considered working with before. I wouldn’t go so far as to say he has to make a deal with the devil, but pretty close.”

Felicity seriously thinking about Ray only works if Oliver rejects being with her again.  Amell saying that Oliver comes back a little humbled suggests the opposite.

I can't believe they are so in love with Ray that they would mess up Olicity like this for a character people still don't like all that much. Wait, I can, they've made Laurel Insta Canary.

• Love 5

Yeah, it think it's just him overselling it, like he mentioned about Barry being in love with her as well in one of his other interviews.

I don't think we're meant to believe there's much in the way of feelings there yet on Ray or Felicity's part now, but that'll be part of their story later. And I don't think her considering Ray belittles anything she has with Oliver considering Oliver has been jerking her around for the first half of the season (and depending on how you feel about it, the end of last season, too). I don't think the depth of feelings she has for Oliver will ever be what she may or may not have for Ray, but I wouldn't blame her for considering it since Ray's fairly open and so far Oliver's told her he loves her, what, four times, has told her he can't be with her twice, and who knows what he'll do when he comes back? Ray's safe, that's all it is.

DEEP BREATHS

Thanks for explaining it better @Apinknightmare!! Ray is "Safe" and hopefully we rightfully get Oliver fighting for her with the standard stuff "we're meant to be together" ETC ETC.

DEEP BREATHS 

*Takes a deep breath* 

Yeah, I think AK was overselling it too. Not long ago he made that comment about how all three heroes were in love with Felicity, including Barry, and I was like 'Um, no dude. No.' He's in love with Iris, which you would know because that's the show you write for…? Clueless. It's like when he compared Oliver/Laurel to Lois/Clark. Dude has no idea.

See, what you're saying about Felicity makes perfect sense and I agree to an extent but I don't trust the execution of this storyline. I can only see it being a mess. 

Felicity seriously thinking about Ray only works if Oliver rejects being with her again.  Amell saying that Oliver comes back a little humbled suggests the opposite.

I can't believe they are so in love with Ray that they would mess up Olicity like this for a character people still don't like all that much. Wait, I can, they've made Laurel Insta Canary.

Well they have to stall Olicity till late April/Early May otherwise the last 4 eps of the season. Hopefully Diggle slaps some sense into Oliver and tells him to fight for her or Oliver does it his damn self

I would say it also works in Oliver comes back and sides with Ra's.

I think him being humbled has more to do with his Arrow persona than Oliver, so I don't think that necessarily has anything to do with his personal life. He was way overconfident going into that fight, and I think he was taken down a few pegs and finally realizes that he needs bigger guns to deal with Ra's (thus his making a deal with the devil). I think he absolutely will refuse Felicity again when he comes back. 

• Love 2

So based on that deal with the devil bit, I do think we are in for Oliver teaming up with Malcolm, which will piss off felicity/ which always seems to send her to Palmer industries so she can interact more with Ray. I am betting we get little of olicity (let's remember their idea of angst in 3a was actually just not having characters interact at all) until whatever happens to felicity on the flash. It's sad, when we can figure out the overall direction so easily. Hardly genius, to be sure.

So based on that deal with the devil bit, I do think we are in for Oliver teaming up with Malcolm, which will piss off felicity/ which always seems to send her to Palmer industries so she can interact more with Ray. I am betting we get little of olicity (let's remember their idea of angst in 3a was actually just not having characters interact at all) until whatever happens to felicity on the flash. It's sad, when we can figure out the overall direction so easily. Hardly genius, to be sure.

Well, Slade's gonna be coming after Felicity (if he doesn't, I question his villain status), so we'll have that too.

Maybe it's because I am one of those who likes Ray? But I'm not worried at all. They were saying the exact same thing about Sara and Oliver last year, and they ended things in 2x20 and in 2x23 it was Olicity all the way. The same thing is happening here but this time it's Felicity and a love interest. 

They are also probably playing everything up and wanting people to talk about the show and get hits to that website, so they will say the most extreme thing possible, it doesn't make it true. They said a lot of things in interviews last season and this season that haven't happened or played out completely differently.

• Love 3