Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

A friend of mine just floated this theory - with that spoiler going around that Oliver's going to dream about Felicity - is there a chance that the "I don't want to be a woman you love" is part of a dream?

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 5

A friend of mine just floated this theory - with that spoiler going around that Oliver's going to dream about Felicity - is there a chance that the "I don't want to be a woman you love" is part of a dream?

I actually wondered about that. It would make sense, especially as Felicity hasn't said "I love you" back and that must play on Oliver's mind in some way. I think I'd actually prefer it.

But I'd also love if his dreams were about how they were together during the summer hiatus, so we get to see something of them so happy and flirty that we missed. 

Edited by Guest

I feel like it will have something to do with Oliver. I am dreading it already when he himself (MG) knows that he will have angry fans bombarding his twitter/tumblr.  This is the same guy who was surprised by the fact that people were so upset that Oliver had died. If he predicts that the reactions will be bad, I have a feeling it will make people less than happy.

See, the only reason I'm not dreading it is because MG usually anticipates reactions that are opposite to what he gets. I'm anticipating Felicity pushing Oliver away, and as long as it's for reasons that stick with what they've set up so far (her being scared of losing him, her not trusting that he's serious, etc.) I won't be upset about it. He doesn't understand the difference between an audience being angry because something's OOC, and an audience being upset because they're moved by the storyline.

• Love 7

He doesn't understand the difference between an audience being angry because something's OOC, and an audience being upset because they're moved by the storyline.

True :-) You managed to give me some hope :-)

• Love 1

I am not too bothered by the spoilers regarding Oliver & Felicity either.  It could be a bad moment in 3.12 for dramatic purposes and all better by 3.13.  Look at 3.10 where she is "done".  She appears to be back on the team in 3.11.

I actually wondered about that. It would make sense, especially as Felicity hasn't said "I love you" back and that must play on Oliver's mind in some way. I think I'd actually prefer it.

But I'd also love if his dreams were about how they were together during the summer hiatus, so we get to see something of them so happy and flirty that we missed.

But maybe it's both things? Like, it starts as a good dream, and then it turns into a nightmare? I can totally see them doing that. And if Oliver is dreaming about Felicity, there's gotta be something about it that'll be ~symbolic, or teach Oliver something, or make Oliver choose something [fight for Felicity? Push her away again? Who knows], but it'll have to affect him in a way that also moves the plot.

• Love 1

I'm kinda dreading this possible dream sequence ahah. If it's there, I hope it's some happy times flashbacks, or Three Ghosts-Tommy-style hallucination, and not like  that dream turned nightmare in The Odissey about Laurel. Please, no. That was awful, lol. 

I was planning on skipping next week's episode because of the whole Laurel stuff and Felicity with Ray, but after the promo showed that Oliver was going to be in it and now the whole Oliver dreaming of Felicity thing, I gotta watch. Crap!

Lol they know what they're doing. An episode dominated by Laurel and Ray? Yeah, let's shove in some Olicity dreams. Bahaha. 

(edited)

I was planning on skipping next week's episode because of the whole Laurel stuff and Felicity with Ray, but after the promo showed that Oliver was going to be in it and now the whole Oliver dreaming of Felicity thing, I gotta watch. Crap!

No you don't...YouTube is your friend.  :-)

Olicity Queen puts up all of the Felicity and Olicity scenes and there are other vidders that post Oliver scenes for every episode. Unless you don't want to wait until Thursday morning to watch

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 5

Lol they know what they're doing. An episode dominated by Laurel and Ray? Yeah, let's shove in some Olicity dreams. Bahaha. 

It's actually quite clever, and will keep the ratings up or steady.

I see people online saying that there was like 6 minutes of Laurel screentime in this week's episode.  So, I think that you all are going to pay for that next week.  Big time.

I see that Oliver will be hanging out chilling in the cabin and dreaming of Felicity next week.  With the way that these guys rush storylines, I'm surprised that he's not hiking his way back to Starling City already.  I can't imagine that there is cell phone reception out in this LoA neutral site, so maybe Oliver will send Maseo to tell his team that he's alive, but Maseo will be sidetracked somehow.  I think that it'd be more epic if Oliver delivers the news that he's not dead in person.

Edited by SonofaBiscuit

It's actually quite clever, and will keep the ratings up or steady.

Oh, for sure it's clever. It's also sneaky and manipulative though because I don't think the good will outweigh the 'bad' and I use that loosely because I obviously have no idea what's going to happen. 

I see that Oliver will be hanging out chilling in the cabin and dreaming of Felicity next week.  With the way that these guys rush storylines, I'm surprised that he's not hiking his way back to Starling City already.  I can't imagine that there is cell phone reception out in this LoA neutral site, so maybe Oliver will send Maseo to tell his team that he's alive, but Maseo will be sidetracked somehow.  I think that it'd be more epic if Oliver delivers the news that he's not dead in person.

I think he's not going to let them know that he's alive right away, and that's why Felicity's going to be mad as hell at the end of 3x12. Because it'll have been at least three weeks (provided there's not a small time jump between this last ep and the next) or more and he didn't let them know he was still alive. 

My crack theory is that he uses steganography to somehow alert Diggle that he's still alive and breathing, and that Oliver, Diggle and possibly Roy are in on some plan to get him back and they don't tell Felicity about it just in case it goes wrong.

• Love 1

That could be a real problem because if I were Felicity, I don't think I could ever really trust Diggle or Roy again.  They may make up later but the relationship would never be the same.

Didn't Maseo say in the promo that Oliver should be worrying about what's happening in Starling City while he's gone?

Those sneaky EPs are actually luring me in with hints of Oliver dreaming of Felicity, (also with the promise of more Lyla and Diggle). I know that is it going to be full of BC contrived-ness and Ray and all the things that bring down the show for me....yet Oliver dreams of Felicity.

Looks like we see the Mayor, which will just make me bitter for Moira, seriously. 

And Oliver seems to feel obliged to help Maseo out with something rather that get back to Starling if the dialogue from the trailer is right. I can't understand why he would not let Dig and Felicity know he is Alive even if he is hiding form Ra's Al Ghul. I want to steganography theory to be a reality!

I really want an explanation about how Oliver survive, magic pseudo, science I don't care, just please don't try to sell me that he was stabbed through the chest and fell down ravine, and just naturally healed. He should have broken his back and other bones and would not be able to return to vigilanting for at least a year!

From the spoilers only thread:

Asked if we're gonna get any "sexy times" this season, MG says: "Yes.  (Note that I didn’t say between who.)"

Barry's Cosmic Treadmill and the Salmon Ladder are FINALLY GOING TO BE GETTING IT ON. You heard it here first!

• Love 11

Barry's Cosmic Treadmill and the Salmon Ladder are FINALLY GOING TO BE GETTING IT ON. You heard it here first!

Three-way with the Love Fern.

ETA: I'd also officially like to bring back the Laurel and Roy speculation. I'd rather it be Digg and Lyla, but it will probably be Thea and DJ Douche.

Edited by calliope1975
  • Love 3

From the spoilers only thread:

lol 

but seriously I wonder who he is referring to. 

Maybe we're gonna get a front row seat to a moment or two of the Dyla honeymoon.

lmao . Didn't Guggenheim say he doens't even know when the wedding is? 

Edited by ban1o

lmao . Didn't Guggenheim say he doens't even know when the wedding is? 

No. I think MG said the wedding won't be happening this season. Not that he didn't know when it will be.

I badly want the sexy times to be Laurel and Roy. Purely because of the hilarity and I think it would be the most *delightful* twist. But, and I hate to be the wet blanket here, I'm going to speculate that it just might be Felicity and Palmer. As much as I'm almost convinced they won't be going down the romantic route with them based on some of the recent interviews from the TCAs, as well as their interaction last night, that one interview of EBR where she said that Felicity has night terrors so why not have Palmer go home with her or something keeps sticking in my mind. It seemed like it was a little too specific a scenario to be just EBR's musings on how their relationship might turn out. Also, because MG said that we'll be seeing Felicity's shoulder scar again. I think that one's either going to be because someone sees the scar if she does, indeed, end up hospitalized in 3x18 or sexy times is involved somewhere down the line.

Man, I have never wanted a speculation to be so wrong in my life! Praying to the Lords of Kobol that I'm dead wrong.

• Love 5

**fingers in my ears, la, la, la, la,**

If Ray has any sensitivity (and I"m not saying he does), Felicity's statement last night about how her friend ("Well, more than a friend... I'm not sure what we were") should tell him not to be going home with her at night.

Did EBR really say that Ray goes home with her at night because she has night terrors?

Did EBR really say that Ray goes home with her at night because she has night terrors?

She said something at some point about (maybe) not being able to sleep and if he can't sleep either why don't they just go home together? Something like that? I can't find the quote though. 

• Love 1

Found it! From (x):

“This almost dual life of saving the city, saving lives, seeing death all the time – that is so impending on her subconscious that diving into something like a love thing sometimes can be a break, can be an escape, can be a distraction,” Rickards explains. “I think she deserves love and I think she wants love, but she’s got so much weight in other aspects of her life that it’s a lot lighter than dealing with the death of Sara or having her mom in trouble. She goes home and has night terrors, so why not have Ray Palmer leave with you?

ETA: I stand corrected regarding the Diggle/Lyla wedding. Marc said it won't be happening in the season finale so any other episode before then is fair game. (Sauce)

hey marc! you guys seem to balance out the midseason/season finales of the show, so i have to ask: since this midseason finale was so depressing, what are the plans for the finale? finally some happiness (maybe dyla wedding), or will it be just as sad?

Dig and Lyla will not be getting married in the season finale.

Edited by SleepDeprived

Thanks for the EBR quote.  But she said it after Draw Back Your Bow and 

“We ended on an awkward note because Ray walked away saying [their kiss] was a mistake. That is never good for anybody, and he’s going to have to either have to explain himself or there’s going to be an understanding between the two of them.”

was dealt with in  The Climb.  Unless MG told her that yes, Felicity will be getting in bed with Ray, I think she was just throwing that out there to tease the potential ship.  Which has now sailed because of what happened with Oliver.  still in denial

• Love 1

Ha, omg, if people turn on Felicity for turning off a damn light switch and saving Roy and Diggle's lives, imagine the hate she'll get for sleeping with Ray. Not saying I'll feel that way personally but omg I've seen some real vindictive ridiculous stuff directed towards Felicity on the internets after last night. I can picture it now - 'well, clearly she doesn't love Oliver blah blah blah.' Oh please lord no.

"Oliver might dream about Felicity...but it might be bad dreams." http://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-ts=1421914688

I thought this is where "I don't want to be a woman you love" might come into play but that line is from 1x12 and the dream is in 1x11 so I don't know anymore.

As much as I can't stand Laurel and her Black Canary shenanigans, a Felicity/Ray romance is what's going to cause me to drop Arrow.

Sounds like @apinknightmare's theory might be right and I hope it plays out that way because a) I hate that line, it's such an awkward thing to say and b) I don't want Felicity to say that ever so I'd rather it happen in Oliver's head.

Edited by Guest

"Oliver might dream about Felicity...but it might be bad dreams." http://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-ts=1421914688

I thought this is where "I don't want to be a woman you love" might come into play but that line is from 1x12 and the dream is in 1x11 so I don't know anymore.

Wait, was it ever confirmed that line was in 3x12? I thought MG just said it was an "upcoming episode." It was speculated as being in 3x12 in an article, but I never saw anyone confirm it. 

I really hope that line is in a dream or a Vertigo hallucination or something that isn't actually real, because the wording is terrible.

So episode description for 3x13 is up

I can't believe they spoiled Oliver's return. And seriously a Canary vs Black Canary fight? Also the douchey DJ should go to. And someone is FINALLY telling Thea to stay away from Malcolm?

• Love 1

That sounds so dumb, I'm sorry. I believed Oliver's biggest fear was himself - Oliver Queen - when he fought against the drug in 301 but Laurel fighting Sara as the Canary? Whaaaaaat?! I can't.

Also, poor CL has to come back to film that. Smh.

Edited by Guest

The fight between Laurel and Sara will be laughable, and it better end with Laurel getting her ass handed to her by Sara. If Sara does lose, I wonder how Caity Lotz felt about that or about having to...pull back her skills so that either Katie Cassidy or her stunt double could win. 

Did Katie Cassidy write this episode after designing her costume? 

Edited by HighHopes
  • Love 8

That sounds so dumb, I'm sorry. I believed Oliver's biggest fear was himself - Oliver Queen - when he fought against the drug in 301 but Laurel fighting Sara as the Canary? Whaaaaaat?! I can't.

Also, poor CL has to come back to film that. Smh.

What could Laurel's biggest fear be that would involve Sara fighting her? That she wouldn't be good enough? Is Sara going to show up being all nasty like, "You'll never be as good as I am, you'll never fight like me, etc."? Because a lot of the audience will agree with her and what would be the point of that? Just to acknowledge in-show that Sara's better like, audience we hear you? Nothing good comes from showing Laurel in a fight with her (unless she unbuckles for a bit afterward).

Edited by apinknightmare

Hey she could totally win! DR said she was a formidable ally remember? Or course, CH also said she would look like a toddler...

Can I add that it makes Oliver sound like a douche? Like he comes back being a controlling ass? 

Chances are this is when Oliver sees L as the 'warrior' she always was. *Rolls Eyes* 

Edited by 10Eleven12