Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

She thought Moira would tell Thea about who her father is, instead Moira went after Felicity herself.  She thought Oliver had a good shot at becoming CEO of QC because he had a speech about how much he loved the company even though he had signed it away to Isabel last season.  

Felicity thinking that she could convince Moira to tell Thea about Malcolm was naive, but that doesn't make Felicity a naive person. and Oliver did have a shot at becoming CEO of QC - there were no other bidders until Ray showed up.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 2

Felicity has been naive in the past about people's motives and what they want.  If Ray tells her that it's a work trip and he wants her to check out something, she's not going to go "Does he have underlying motives?" until she gets on the plane and there are only the two of them.

Oliver made such a mess of running QC, if the Board had any sense, they would head hunt a new CEO.

• Love 1

Felicity has been naive in the past about people's motives and what they want.  If Ray tells her that it's a work trip and he wants her to check out something, she's not going to go "Does he have underlying motives?" until she gets on the plane and there are only the two of them.

Oliver made such a mess of running QC, if the Board had any sense, they would head hunt a new CEO.

But why would she question if he had other motives anyway? He's her boss! If he wants her to go on a work trip, she's gonna go on a work trip.

I think there's a difference between being naive and seeing the good in people. Felicity sees the good in people.

And yeah, the board would be stupid to give Oliver control of the company. Doesn't mean he didn't have a shot at getting it back.

• Love 5

We're also assuming they will break up. It all depends on how long TPTB want to stall Olicity. Seeing Oliver all shiny and happy with Team Smoak makes me want Ray to go take long walk off a short pier. I don't see myself rooting for Raylicity long term, but I don't trust the writers (who have spectacularly failed this season so far on tone and pacing) to not keep BR on and sign him for next year. They keep saying powers will be kept on The Flash, but I don't doubt they'll change their minds in a heartbeat if it means they can play with more DC characters.

The fact one of the EPs kept comparing BR to Scott Wolf on "Everwood" and keeps calling him a game changer makes me a little nervous because Scott Wolf stayed on Everwood for 2 seasons. He came between Treat Wwilliams' character and his love interest (Nina?) to the point she was going to leave the city and go back with him to LA at the end of the season. I can't really recall what Scott's character was supposed to do on the show other than be the other side of the triangle. So yeah, I don't know that this is all going to end happily for Olicity at the end of the season as many fans seem to think.

• Love 1

I'm getting bad vibes from that Glee picture. Wasn't he a bad guy?

But why would she question if he had other motives anyway? He's her boss! If he wants her to go on a work trip, she's gonna go on a work trip.

I think there's a difference between being naive and seeing the good in people. Felicity sees the good in people.

I think you can see the good in people and still not be naive. When I started grad school, one of the things the older students told us was to  never to go the office of a prof behind a closed door without having a recording device taping the conversation in plain view.  There's also a big scandal right now at CBC radio around the sexual behaviour of the main interviewers (journalism students avoided internships on the show), and two members of the Liberal Party have just had their affiliation suspended pending investigation of complaints of a sexual nature.  That's the real world.

I see the good in people too, but if my boss of 4 weeks wanted me to go away on a trip with him, I'd check that there were other people coming along and what the sleeping arrangements were.  I'm not sure Felicity would.  She was completely unprepared for Moira's attack.

I see the good in people too, but if my boss of 4 weeks wanted me to go away on a trip with him, I'd check that there were other people coming along and what the sleeping arrangements were.  I'm not sure Felicity would.  She was completely unprepared for Moira's attack.

See, I wouldn't question it. If my boss of 4 weeks wanted me to go away on a business trip, I'd ask him when we were leaving. And if I thought I had to find out what sleeping arrangements were or who else was coming along before we left, I'd find another job.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 4

Who is that walking with a bow and arrow? I fear what my eyes are telling my brain. 

It seems like we're back to grimdarkgloom. Oh joy.

I was thinking the same thing. It looks like Laurel but I am really tired so I could be wrong lol. 

Edited by ban1o
  • Love 1

I didn't even notice the woman with the bow and Arrow. It looks like Laurel. I don't want to talk about it.

This episode looks like it should be called 'Roy Goes To Therapy' That part does look good. Is that Cupid Oliver is saving? 

For a second, I thought it was Laurel with the bow and arrow, too, and I was readying my ocular muscles for the strain of my eyeballs rolling to the back of my head. Then, I noticed the midriff and billowy coat outfit which made me pause since I don't think Laurel would ever choose that "costume" as her vigilante look. Amy Gumenick as Cupid with the bow and arrow is, probably, more likely. I guess Arrow saves Cupid from an exploding car and she develops an obsession that'll be carried over to the next episode (3.07), then?

So, Roy-centric-ish episode for next week. Don't know how I feel about that but I hope Colton manages more than his usual repertoire of surprised/confused/angry/smirky blue-steel and magnum. He has surprised me with his acting before, though, so fingers crossed. From the short clip of Oliver and Roy sitting down in front of a candle, I'm guessing that Oliver learned how to bring forth repressed memories from Katana and will be trying this trick on Roy to determine if he really might have something to do with Sara's murder.

Also, I hope the actor that plays Ted Grant won't be so wooden and listless since the A/B-plot is him trying to prove his innocence. Regardless, I think my expectations are super low to non-existent for next week.

Then, I noticed the midriff and billowy coat outfit which made me pause since I don't think Laurel would ever choose that "costume" as her vigilante look. Amy Gumenick as Cupid with the bow and arrow is, probably, more likely. I guess Arrow saves Cupid from an exploding car and she develops an obsession that'll be carried over to the next episode (3.07), then?

This makes way more sense; now my brain can stop seizing. I was able to mostly ignore Laurel tonight which made me happy, and that's where I'll stop on that subject. 

I really liked Amy Gumenick as Mama Winchester so I'm looking forward to her though I've heard Cupid isn't that great of a character. 

(edited)

I figured the woman being carried was Cupid and being saved by Arrow causes/furthers her obsession.  Looking at the woman with the Bow it's Cupid, bright red hair, green khaki pants, green top and mid-drift.

Carrie_Cutter_004.jpg

Edited by Morrigan2575
Question: So I’m confused: In the Arrow/Flash crossover, which episode is Episode 1 and which is Episode 2? I thought I read that The Flash was first, but since it was pre-empted this week, doesn’t that mean Episode 1 will air after Episode 2? Is my math off? —Steve

Ausiello:

My brain exploded about halfway through your question, Brian, but I think this is the info you’re looking for: The Flash’s episode, “Flash vs. Arrow,” will air Tuesday, Dec. 2. Arrow’s “The Brave and the Bold” arrives the following night, Wednesday, Dec. 3.

Question: We’ve seen some Roy and Felicity interactions this season on Arrow, and they were fun! Are there more coming? —Paula C.

Ausiello: “There are,” Emily Bett Rickards reports. “I’ve been getting to work with Colton [Haynes] quite a bit, actually, which is a dream for the both of us!” Bonus Scoop: Rickards also confirmed during her Q&A with Matt Mitovich that Arrow will have a holiday-timed episode, hence why we spotted a menorah on Felicity’s desk during a recent set visit.

http://tvline.com/2014/11/05/the-good-wife-season-6-robyn-jess-weixler/

Edited by tv echo

I don't recall reading this article before, so I don't think it has been posted (but if I'm wrong, I apologize)...

'Arrow's' John Barrowman on Season 3: "Shit Is Going to Hit the Fan"
6:00 AM PDT 10/29/2014 by Philiana Ng
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/arrows-john-barrowman-season-3-744480

There's a lot there, but these JB comments surprised me:

He does love Thea, no doubt about that, but he absolutely also loves Ollie as a son. And he's said that multiple times. But that doesn't mean that he's not going to fight Oliver.
When Malcolm pulled the hood off after fighting the Arrow, he was gutted, he was shocked, he was devastated. He loves Oliver as a son, he feels like Oliver is a son because he grew up with Tommy, Oliver is the son that Malcolm always wanted. When he pulled that hood back, that reiterated that "Oh my god, this is what I wanted Tommy to be: passionate, to fight for what he believes in and to become a hero. I didn't want him to die a hero, I wanted him to become a hero. And this is what Oliver has done." It gutted Malcolm that he knew now that [Oliver] was his nemesis. Someone he loves is his nemesis.
Edited by tv echo

I don't know, to me that looks a lot like Laurel holding that bow and arrow. I do think Oliver's carrying Cupid out of the fire though. Maybe it's the start of her obsession.

I'm guessing maybe Roy learns he killed a cop in this episode. They have to tell him, especially as he's transferring his memories of that murder onto Sara's murder. 

Also how many times must we watch Sara die? I'm really sick of seeing it because it riles me up every damn time.

• Love 1

The fact one of the EPs kept comparing BR to Scott Wolf on "Everwood" and keeps calling him a game changer makes me a little nervous because Scott Wolf stayed on Everwood for 2 seasons. He came between Treat Wwilliams' character and his love interest (Nina?) to the point she was going to leave the city and go back with him to LA at the end of the season. I can't really recall what Scott's character was supposed to do on the show other than be the other side of the triangle. So yeah, I don't know that this is all going to end happily for Olicity at the end of the season as many fans seem to think.

Well according to Amell, Oliver will be making a decision "one way or another" by the end of the season.  AK said in one of his SDCC interviews that at the end of the season one set of viewers would be getting what they want and another set shaking their fists at the TV.  As it is set up now it would appear to be Felicity but there are 18 more episodes so it could change.  It could also be a case of Oliver deciding what he wants by episode 23 but having to work for it in Season 4 I guess.

In Ray Palmer's case he has a reason for being on the show besides being the other side of the triangle...he's destined to be a superhero.  We have enough info to suggest he will be costumed this year.  I know the casting call put the emphasis on love interest but I was always inclined to believe it was more about the superhero stuff.  I guess we'll see. 

Also how many times must we watch Sara die? I'm really sick of seeing it because it riles me up every damn time.

I agree they really need to stop. I have even less time now for Laurel's need to keep secrets dfrom her dad.

AK said in one of his SDCC interviews that at the end of the season one set of viewers would be getting what they want and another set shaking their fists at the TV.

That's exactly the wording that was used w/r/t the end of last season. Are you sure you're not confusing those interviews?

I do think Oliver will make the decision to pursue a full, more balanced life by the end of this season, but yeah, that doesn't mean Felicity will be waiting in the wings by that point. If they haven't already spun Ray off into his own show, or torpedoed that relationship some other way, I could see her staying with him through the hiatus so we can save more drama into Season 4. Even if they are broken up, I could see her turning Oliver down because she's just not ready to believe him again. As much as I want that happy climactic moment for them at the end of the season, I don't want to miss the first five months of their relationship over the hiatus either, so if we have to do that, I'd rather delay until S4.

• Love 3

That's exactly the wording that was used w/r/t the end of last season. Are you sure you're not confusing those interviews?

I do think Oliver will make the decision to pursue a full, more balanced life by the end of this season, but yeah, that doesn't mean Felicity will be waiting in the wings by that point. If they haven't already spun Ray off into his own show, or torpedoed that relationship some other way, I could see her staying with him through the hiatus so we can save more drama into Season 4. Even if they are broken up, I could see her turning Oliver down because she's just not ready to believe him again. As much as I want that happy climactic moment for them at the end of the season, I don't want to miss the first five months of their relationship over the hiatus either, so if we have to do that, I'd rather delay until S4.

I am pretty sure it was in the interview when he was talking about their chemistry and that in real life the would be saying something along the lines of why aren't you going for it dude? (I could be wrong). 

As for the exact same wording, I would be surprised if they said anything new.  I think they have certain "safe" words, phrases, whatever and they say them repeatedly.  I think MG used the same words for Felicity/Oliver's romance that they used for Laurel/Oliver in S1 as well as Barry/Felicity's chemistry vs Ray/Felicity.

I agree that Felicity might not be right there waiting.

As much as I want that happy climactic moment for them at the end of the season, I don't want to miss the first five months of their relationship over the hiatus either, so if we have to do that, I'd rather delay until S4.

THIS. We've already been robbed of their getting closer during the last hiatus, let's not make it a habit.

Also, to keep this on thread, if I remember correctly before the season started there were spoilers about ep.6 and how Laurel would have been  involved with Roy's trouble about the cop's murder. I think some people speculated she would find out due to her job, but given how now we know it's related to Sara in some way, do you think Laurel will still play a role in this particular storyline? Will they tell her about Roy's dreams? Or those spoilers were just misleading because they couldn't say "hey, we're gonna off Sara!"?

Edited by looptab

THIS. We've already been robbed of their getting closer during the last hiatus, let's not make it a habit.

Also, to keep this on thread, if I remember correctly before the season started there were spoilers about ep.6 and how Laurel would have been  involved with Roy's trouble about the cop's murder. I think some people speculated she would find out due to her job, but given how now we know it's related to Sara in some way, do you think Laurel will still play a role in this particular storyline? Will they tell her about Roy's dreams? Or those spoilers were just misleading because they couldn't say "hey, we're gonna off Sara!"?

Depends on how you look at it.  Roy thinking he killed Sara and Laurel being motivated by anger (self-pity?) over Sarah's death are all part of the "Who killed Canary" mystery going on.  It doesn't mean she'll know anything about Roy' fears or the cop murder unless Roy goes to the police.  At this point telling Laurel about Roy's dreams doesn't make a whole lot of sense.  She's making really bad decisions at the moment.  Her response seems to be kill, kill, riot, whatever.

That's the problem with spoilers.  Speculation can be interesting and fun but when it doesn't work out the way we think it would we often yell they lied. 

Edited by Sunshine

The NZ promo has Roy telling TA and Laurel that he killed Sara

I missed that. Wonder if Laurel's going to punch him out at least? Or has this week's (between 3.05 & 3.06) training taught her some restraint?  She's wanted to kill everyone else. LOL!

• Love 1

So what you're saying is that Roy is the next innocent bastard that Laurel is going to try to kill/order someone else to kill :)

I thought that this was a big Laurel/Ted episode, but it looks like it's being promoted as a Roy episode.  Either way, not must see.  I like Roy, but he's better in small doses.

Edited by SonofaBiscuit
  • Love 1

So what you're saying is that Roy is the next innocent bastard that Laurel is going to try to kill/order someone else to kill :)

I thought that this was a big Laurel/Ted episode, but it looks like it's being promoted as a Roy episode.  Either way, not must see.  I like Roy, but he's better in small doses.

It's been talked about since early on that 306 was a Roy Centric episode.  It only seemed to be Laurel centric when the episode description was released and it talked mostly about Oliver/Laurel/Ted and only mentioned Roy telling Felicity a secret.  Some people (apparently rightly) that the episode description might have been a fakeout and that it was really about Roy.  In fact I think someone here called it being Roy thinking that he killed Sara.

It is still  probably a Laurel/Ted heavy epiosde though and they are just focusing on the Roy killing Sara plot line  in the promo. It made up a big part of the official description. 

Bringing this over from TSOoFS thread, just a thought I had

FYI Tommy!

Name mentioned once again (twice if I am not mistaken). Seriously, I think we heard Tommy's name more times in the past 5 episodes than we did the entire of season 2.

It's starting to look, sound and walk like an Anvil to me. i'm preparing myself emotionally either way.

ETA: also, if we think about episode 2 for a second, in it Tommy is led to believe Oliver is truly dead.. when in fact he isn't..

Just thinking out loud..

There were actually bodies hanging in the promo right? With the Guilty written in blood? I think that is the A plot dealing with Ted accused of murder.

Yeah exactly it seems that the A plot is Ted accused and Laurel defending him but the promos are just focusing on the "Roy being the killer plot"since the audience barely knows Ted and probably doesn't care that much lol. 

• Love 1

John Barrowman's comment that Tommy was not trained by Malcolm and there's a reason for that, also seems to give away a hint that someone did train Tommy. It just wasn't his father. 

• Love 1

I really hope Tommy stays dead and the Arrow writers are just bringing him up more because Malcolm is around, and they remember he had a son. I don't want Arrow to turn into The Vampire Diaries or AHS: Coven where death is meaningless and literally everyone is brought back to life constantly. I know it's a comic book show but don't 'kill' characters off if you're planning on using them again in future outside of flashbacks or dream sequences.

Maybe I'm just bitter because I can see them bringing Tommy back but we'll probably only ever get flashbacks of Moira and Sara.

• Love 4