Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

3 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Is that from something? Since Oliver is suited up in at least 601, what would be the motivation to hang up the mask after already spending 5 months with the kid, unless I guess something might happen in 601?

I think she's talking about Diggle wearing the Green Arrow suit (?). Although I'm thinking it's more to subterfuge the FBI agent and might not necessarily mean Oliver had given up being the Arrow for child raising purposes.

I forgot about the FBI agent. That makes sense. And then that's why Diggle suits up as GA, kickstarting whatever he does that breaks up their bromance. 

I just don't think it's wise to have Oliver away from the team/being GA for long so I hope it's only an episode or two. They removed him in s3 when he "died" and I don't think it worked, tbh.

Edited by Guest
Just now, apinknightmare said:

I think if Oliver hangs up the suit for anything it'll be because there's an FBI agent after him.

Yeah, that's what I thought was what was happening. I was just confused why people were starting to talk about Oliver with his kid all of a sudden, ha

18 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

IPersonally, I wish they'd write in SA's back problems and say that Oliver just needs a break because he's been fighting for so many years and no, not everything is magically healed when it needs to be. Really, the team is big enough now that some of them can take nights off just for the hell of it and not because they've been kidnapped and no one's noticed for a couple of days (like Rene in 522). 

This would make sense.  He's been getting hurt badly for ten years now.

If not now, then in the last season. I'd rather see that than Oliver dying.

4 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

I They probably are a bit stupid for confirming no romantic kisses though.  That WAS one of the things I was tuning in for, lol.  Though maybe they aren't worried about luring the shippers back. 

Technically they didn't confirm no romantic kisses. They said "no single romantic kiss".  That could men multiple ones.

Seriously, they'd be stupid not to have a kiss between Olicity.

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I think the problem is that people find it too easy to blame something they don't like (in this case Olicity/Felicity) for any/all problems on a show.

Ok but Myson IS responsible for like 72% of the show's problems, that's just science. 

Oops, I also forgot about the FBI agent and he's suited up in 601, sorry for the confusion. 

I think since there has been some discussion about Oliver being a bad father that could lead to him taking a break if he decides to focus more on his day job and parenting. And it took him 5 months to come to that conclusion. 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

I think since there has been some discussion about Oliver being a bad father that could lead to him taking a break if he decides to focus more on his day job and parenting. And it took him 5 months to come to that conclusion. 

Sure, but literally no spoilers/teases/footage that I recall indicated that yet vs FBI agent after Oliver/GA being cast right after the tease from DR saying that he's going to be in the GA suit again. I'd be more apt to believe that the FBI agent (and SA's back) is the reason and they might get some parenting plot along the way rather than they deciding that Oliver is just up and going to give up being the GA for a time not offscreen willingly. 

2 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Sure, but literally no spoilers/teases/footage that I recall indicated that yet vs FBI agent after Oliver/GA being cast right after the tease from DR saying that he's going to be in the GA suit again. I'd be more apt to believe that the FBI agent (and SA's back) is the reason and they might get some parenting plot along the way rather than they deciding that Oliver is just up and going to give up being the GA for a time not offscreen willingly. 

I agree it's more likely to be the FBI agent but SA did bring up Oliver not being a great parent at SDCC (I think?) so that's just another factor that could play a part. 

9 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

I agree it's more likely to be the FBI agent but SA did bring up Oliver not being a great parent at SDCC (I think?) so that's just another factor that could play a part. 

Yeah, as a factor I can see it, just not the "not mentioned for 5 months until right now because it's October" reason.

Although, I could see his parenting in general be the "not mentioned for 5 months until right now because it's October" problem, just not the reason why he would hang up the hood.

Edited by way2interested

6 HOURS AGO, WAY2INTERESTED SAID:

Is that from something? Since Oliver is suited up in at least 601, what would be the motivation to hang up the mask after already spending 5 months with the kid, unless I guess something might happen in 601?

We'd heard that Diggle would suit up at some point and then we heard that Oliver was going to have to decide what kind of example he wanted to set for his son.  So I wondered if he decided that he couldn't keep being a vigilante anymore or for a while.  It's just spec.  

51 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I'm excited to see Kris Holden-Reid.  Captain Canuck (also Dyson from Lost Girl) meets the Arrow.

Yes!  I very much enjoyed Dyson.  Probably the reason why I watched the show to the end, lol.  

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Has the Kid/William even been on set past 601?  I'm starting to wonder if the whole Oliver as Dad takes place over the 5 month gap and ends with Samantha waking up from her Coma in 601?  LOL

PRAYER CIRCLE THIS HAPPENS! 

In response to the discussion (in Social Media thread) about what SA got in trouble for spoiling...

On 7/23/2017 at 4:50 PM, tv echo said:

ET's facebook live interview with Arrow cast on July 22...

(posted by World of Flash on youtube)

-- On whether we'll see more of Oliver's struggle with fatherhood, SA: "Yeah... Well, I mean, William - he's not a baby. He's like, uh - we play him in the show like he's 12 years old. He's in 6th grade... It's very interesting to see Oliver as a dad because William is not totally diggin' it. Yet. And he's going through some stuff. So it's tough."

-- On whether there'll be any progress with Felicity in the workplace, EBR: "Um, I think Felicity needs a job. She needs to be employed. I think that she's a - ...  I mean, she sees these guys every day and I think she's gettin' - not bored, but, um, I think she just needs some income and probably some different social experiences with different people. So hopefully we get to see her, you know, not so much in the Helix area, maybe not going down the rabbit hole, but maybe working with Curtis a little bit more... If they're alive." 

-- When asked what we might see happen with Oliver & Felicity next season, since they've been on a long journey back to each other, SA and EBR just looked at each other for a long moment. Then interviewer read a twitter question asking for two truths and a lie about Oliver & Felicity's relationship next season. SA: "Oh my god, I did two truths and one lie at a con in Nashville a few weeks ago and I caught a rash of sh*t, so I'm gonna pass." EK: "Figure two lies and a lie?" SA: "Emily's got it." EBR: "They're already married. They're getting married. They're never getting married." [tv echo: I found this whole conversation very confusing.]

-- When JH put on her Black Canary suit, she cried. RG said that Bamford gave her the staff and that every time he saw her, she was twirling that staff.

-- After cast concluded interview by telling audience to watch S6 on Thursdays at 9, SA said: "There's going to be nudity this year." Other cast members (including EK and EBR) said simultaneously: "A lot of nudity."

On 7/25/2017 at 10:53 AM, tv echo said:

Previously posted was a video of IGN's interview with WM, EBR and KC (on page 1569 of Spoiler Discussion thread). Now here's the videos of IGN's interviews with SA, DR and WH, and with JH, RG and EK...

How Deathstroke Elevates Arrow in Season 6 [SA, DR, WH]
Published on Jul 23, 2017, by IGN
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60Xa9tYpsbc

-- SA joked: "Well, we've renamed the show The Oliver Chronicles ... It's just Oliver sitting in therapy because all of his friends are dead."

-- DR: "Season 6, I think the theme is family. And, um, you will see a lot of interesting stories about family, particularly not just families outside of the Arrowcave but within the Arrowcave. I'm looking forward to that. I'm looking forward to some of this role reversal. Maybe you (indicating SA) mentoring Diggle a little bit. Diggle needing your steady... (SA interrrupted, "Oh my god, I want to spoil something.") ... Maybe. Maybe he does." SA: "No, I can't. I got a reprimanding a couple of weeks ago." When the IGN interviewer later brought up Deathstroke as the one thing they did know about S6, SA said: "Yeah, that's what I got reprimanded for! ... Yeah, I invoked that Manu Bennett as Slade Wilson was going to be like, you know, sorta, semi, back involved in the show. I got a rash of sh*t."

-- On what she wants to explore with Thea moving forward (assuming she survives), WH: "The only thing that I love about Thea is how strong and independent she's always been, so I'd really like to keep on that trajectory with her... You know, I can't have anything other than hopes of that without saying anything that could potentially spoil something. Or I might be dead, so who knows."

-- On why bring back Deathstroke, SA: "Arrow, the Green Arrow, is only as good as Deathstroke. Right? Like, your hero is only as good as your villain. Whether or not he's a hero or a villain, the Green Arrow will only ever be as good as Deathstroke allows him to be."

-- On their reaction to reading the 601 script: DR: "I was happy... I think what you'll see is a logical conclusion to the finale. But I was excited because you get to see Diggle in a different way. So I was excited for my character." SA: "I based my reaction off of the last scene, and I read the last scene and I go, 'huh.' ... Stephen Amell confirms Season 6 based on 'huh.'"

Edited by tv echo
7 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Has the Kid/William even been on set past 601?  I'm starting to wonder if the whole Oliver as Dad takes place over the 5 month gap and ends with Samantha waking up from her Coma in 601?  LOL

This would be my dream! I can deal with Flashback!Dad if when the show begins he's Skype!Dad (and only sparingly.)

FYI, at HVFF-Nashville, SA gave two 2 truths and 1 lie...

-- When asked for 2 truths and 1 line about S6, SA: "Well, I've only read Episode 601, um, so okay -  hang on, I can do it. Um. Uh. There is a single Big Bad this year. Um, there will be a giant, uh, rift between Oliver and one of the original team members. And, Oliver - his identity as the Green Arrow is revealed. You guys have no idea what's going on." (HVFF-Portland, Jun. 24, 2017: Video in WeAreSecondU tweet, Soulfire post, ShippingAcademy tweet and latinasmoak tweet, page 1545 of Spoiler Discussion thread)
-- Fan report on what SA said about 2 truths and 1 lie about 601: "Stephen joked about needing to think about it for a minute since he’s known for giving good answers to that question, then slowly gave out the following responses: 'Oliver and Slade have a scene together in the present day; Diggle deploys his gun and it doesn’t work; Thea is in a present day scene where [Oliver and Thea] speak to each other.' He was particularly careful with his wording with the Diggle answer, so I’m 99% sure that’s a truth."  (HVFF-Nashville, Jul. 8, 2017: jedichick04 tumblr post, page 1564 of Spoiler Discussion thread)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

So Diggle is suiting up... presumably because Oliver's identity is revealed.

1 hour ago, tv echo said:

Fan report on what SA said about 2 truths and 1 lie about 601: "Stephen joked about needing to think about it for a minute since he’s known for giving good answers to that question, then slowly gave out the following responses: 'Oliver and Slade have a scene together in the present day; Diggle deploys his gun and it doesn’t work; Thea is in a present day scene where [Oliver and Thea] speak to each other.' He was particularly careful with his wording with the Diggle answer, so I’m 99% sure that’s a truth."  (HVFF-Nashville, Jul. 8, 2017: jedichick04 tumblr post, page 1564 of Spoiler Discussion thread)

Yeah, that sounds like he got in trouble for revealing Slade, which is weird since the scene is on the sizzle reel.

Edited by statsgirl
8 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Black Siren is not "an old friend" of Oliver's, WM. She just looks like one. 

The fact that the writers can never get this right is deeply troubling to me. Arrow's show bible was dropped in the tub and chewed on by a puppy, I'm guessing. 

• Love 7

When are they gonna give me some promo about characters I care about so I'm actually excited to watch? Because right now I couldn't possibly be less enthused if I tried. Yawn.

8 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

When are they gonna give me some promo about characters I care about so I'm actually excited to watch?

I couldn't finish the video. They started their big S6 pitch with BS, and I tuned out and turned it off, heh. 

• Love 1

Yeah it was BS and William. I don't care about either of them. Stop forcing these characters on me! I'm calling the Police!

I'd like someone at the next Con to start a question to SA/DR with "Assuming someone doesn't care about BS..."

Or be super over the top "I was so worried KC would be just a guest, but with this all promo confirming BS is the new female lead, when can we expect Oliver and hers epic love story to start??!!"

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

When are they gonna give me some promo about characters I care about so I'm actually excited to watch? Because right now I couldn't possibly be less enthused if I tried. Yawn.

Not until after the season premier when *GASP* it's revealed that everyone is aliveeee!!! 

ugh. 

Personally I don't even care that Black Siren is in the promo, but I don't care about her, and I think bringing William back in any capacity is a mistake so lit'rally what is there for me and people like me? They are appealing to a very very specific subset of fans and I just don't think that's a great idea.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 16
4 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

Not until after the season premier when *GASP* it's revealed that everyone is aliveeee!!! 

ugh. 

I'm tired. And bored. Because this show they're selling right now is not for me. 

1 minute ago, Angel12d said:

I'm tired. And bored. Because this show they're selling right now is not for me. 

Literally if it wasn't for Stephen/David/Emily talking about the wedding I would have zero interest and probably not tune in right away...

• Love 11

It's weird. The William storyline was trashed and BS didn't bring the buzz.

We don't have any more reports of the kid filming past the first episode and according to paps KC spends more time with her cats then on set.

Who are they appealing too and what show are they selling?

• Love 1

I think that if they do a one by one reveal of who's alive that Diggle and Felicity would be last which would then mean that they are probably not in 601 very much. I guess they could appear in the flashbacks but like 523, it sounds overstuffed. 

Is Raisa in 601? I would think the kid would be around for her part unless it's just Oliver being like "Raisa, you managed to keep me alive for 18 years, please help myson." 

I don't think BS is that big of a villain for the front half of the season... Maybe the back half? Because so far she's mostly filmed for 1 day max (except for episode 4), likely won't be in 605-607... We'll have to see. But since they can't promote anything else - they have to bring her up. 

As for William - I'm going to wait and see on this arc. I'll enter the season with an open mind about him but I'm not very enthusiastic about it. I can be won over if those scenes are done well though. IMO the best way for this to happen is for William/Felicity to bond over pop culture/computers/stuff like that... 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

I think that if they do a one by one reveal of who's alive that Diggle and Felicity would be last which would then mean that they are probably not in 601 very much.

I was thinking of taking an hour off work to get home early for the premiere because my life is sad, but if they're going to hold off on present day Digg and Felicity, maybe I'll save those hours for date night or, fingers crossed, the wedding.

• Love 2

I don't know why they don't just pull a "One character will be in a coma, someone will suffer from ptsd, someone will definitely die yadda yadda yadda" Because they have to know the audience knows they arent calling off majority.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Really hoping to bring in that #NoLaurelNoArrow crowd, bless 'em.

I think that crowd is now #NoLaurelNoCanary. 

7 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

I think that if they do a one by one reveal of who's alive that Diggle and Felicity would be last which would then mean that they are probably not in 601 very much. I guess they could appear in the flashbacks but like 523, it sounds overstuffed. 

Is Raisa in 601? I would think the kid would be around for her part unless it's just Oliver being like "Raisa, you managed to keep me alive for 18 years, please help myson." 

Yeah, I'm seeing Felicity and Diggle being held to the end or being in the beginning and a quick "they're alive! aren't you so surprised?" reveal before shifting focus to someone who dies/is injured. And then maybe Felicity on comms in the present and maybe a reveal of an injury for Diggle/whatever is going on with him near the end of the episode in the present? 

I'm pretty sure Raisa is in 601. Probably enough to establish she's helping with William while Oliver works as mayor/goes out as GA/etc. But then we'll probably never see her again. 

Edited by insomniadreams88
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I'm pretty sure Raisa is in 601. Probably enough to establish she's helping with William while Oliver works as mayor/goes out as GA/etc. But then we'll probably never see her again. 

Is it too much to hope that she takes William with her and we only have to hear about Oliver spending time with him and not actually have show time dedicated to it? 

LOL, of course it is.

• Love 3