Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Ssssh, don't invoked his name.

11 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

How can Thea be in a coma when Stephen said they'll have a present day conversation?

Wasn't that the lie in the two truths and a lie?

1 hour ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Although, Nyssa is confusing to me because they could use an extra to kill Nyssa off so as not to pay KL but, that's so shitty to the character/actress and I can only imagine it would happen if KL refused (or couldn't) to come back to film dead Nyssa

Maybe she was filming her new show and couldn't come up to film the episode.

Just now, SmallScreenDiva said:

Maybe it's a one-sided conversation? Oliver trying to get her to wake up, spilling his heart out about his worries, etc.? I don't know ... it just sucks if it's Thea in a coma again. 

IDK I don't think there is such a thing as a one sided conversation. By definition it should involve an exchange of ideas/opinions/etc. It can't be an exchange if it only involves 1 person...

I guess we'll see.

3 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Am I'm I missing something or have we not seen or heard from the Wild Dog at all?

Someone tweeted that to KP and he said RG has been filming.

I thought it was odd that SA mentioned that present day scene with Thea cause why would he confirmed she's alive? But Thea being in a coma and Oliver just talking to her, that would be a twist.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Wasn't that the lie in the two truths and a lie?

Oh you're right...

The 3 options were:

• Diggle shoots at someone and misses
  • Oliver and Slade have a present day scene 
  • Oliver/Thea have a present day conversation

So options 1 and 3 are likely

16 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

With DR talking about Diggle's injury that no one is aware of at first, Diggle shooting at someone and missing seems like something that might happen.

Yeah I remember this being mentioned. So its more than likely Thea and Oliver convo is the lie.

19 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

Oh you're right...

The 3 options were:

• Diggle shoots at someone and misses
  • Oliver and Slade have a present day scene 
  • Oliver/Thea have a present day conversation

So options 1 and 3 are likely

Don't you mean 1 and 2? Oliver and Slade shake hands in the hospital in the trailer. 

2 hours ago, wonderwall said:

IDK I don't think there is such a thing as a one sided conversation. By definition it should involve an exchange of ideas/opinions/etc. It can't be an exchange if it only involves 1 person...

I guess we'll see.

Generally, yes, that's the definition of a conversation, hence the qualifier to mean a conversation dominated by one party.

I didn't realize that was an unfamiliar expression.

I'm not married to the idea, just something that struck me because Stephen apparently used the word "conversation" and the possibility of Thea in a coma was raised.

I guess we'll see.

From the TVLine article (posted in New Spoilers thread):

Have anything new to share about Arrow‘s Slade sticking around? —R.J.
It appears Oliver will make good on his offer to his frenemy, in trade for his help against Adrian Chase, seeing as the CW series is currently seeking an Aussie lad to fill the guest-starring role of an “introverted, moody and naturally athletic” teenager.

A lot of media reports have picked up on this spoiler and are assuming that the casting call is for one of Slade's sons from the comics (either Joe Wilson AKA Jericho or Grant Wilson AKA Ravager). But couldn't the casting call just be for a young Slade Wison in a flashback scene?

I've also been thinking about the Olicity wedding spoilers and why I have so much trouble believing them, despite the credible sources. I finally realized that, for me, the Olicity wedding is kinda like Laurel's death in S4. Despite heavy spoiling and even visual evidence, it was still hard for me to believe it would happen until I actually saw it on screen.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, tv echo said:

I finally realized that, for me, the Olicity wedding is kinda like Laurel's death in S4. Despite heavy spoiling and even visual evidence, it was still hard for me to believe it would happen until I actually saw it on screen.

I don't know why it's hard to believe when these two had a fake wedding that was more genuine and heartfelt than most real tv weddings.

I think an olicity wedding is inevitable, it's all just about timing at this point. 

• Love 11

LOL What is Manu talking about? Ditching the group because of his relationship with Oliver?

Sounds like he wants the group to bite it so he gets Oliver to himself.

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 2

I don't know, people didn't have trouble believing that Oliver and Dinah were going to hook up/fall in love and Felicity get written out of the show based on a casting side that Marc Guggenheim said was made up. So It shouldn't be too hard to believe that Olicity are getting married based on four cast members saying they will (David Stephen Emily Echo), the network president implying a wedding and the producers not straight out denying a wedding will happen but talking around the question. 

• Love 2
(edited)
57 minutes ago, Chaser said:

LOL What is Manu talking about? Ditching the group because of his relationship with Oliver?

Sounds like he wants the group to bite it so he gets Oliver to himself.

My take is that he's trying to say that the Oliver/Slade relationship is different/special. Just because Slade has a soft spot or loyalty/trust thing with Oliver doesn't mean Slade is one of the "good guys" or a "hero". He's trying to keep up the anti-hero aspect, Slade isn't going to suddenly be all Ra Ra Team Arrow. 

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 5
34 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

My take is that he's trying to say that the Oliver/Slade relationship is different/special. Just because Slade has a soft spot or loyalty/trust thing with Oliver doesn't mean Slade is one of the "good guys" or a "hero". He's trying to keep up the anti-hero aspect, Slade isn't going to suddenly be all Ra Ra Team Arrow. 

So does Slade have a special place because he killed Oliver's mother and tried to kill his sister. Bygones be bygones? WTF

• Love 2

I think the unavoidable history of killing Moira is part of them walking in two worlds.  Oliver may actually be able to forgive Slade on some levels, but they really can't be friends.  And he can't be in Oliver's life, especially if Thea is a part of it.  (Not to mention his whole plan to kill Felicity)

• Love 3

Look I can accept them trying to redeem Slade and the anti-hero thing but I hope that Manu is talking in hyperbole when he talks up Oliver/Slade and that they aren't going to have Oliver just forget that this guy killed his mother, tried to kill his sister, stole his home company and inheritance from him, and terrorised his city. Have Oliver recognise that Slade helped and that his love ones wouldn't have made it out without him but keep it in check/keep perspective.

4 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I think the unavoidable history of killing Moira is part of them walking in two worlds.  Oliver may actually be able to forgive Slade on some levels, but they really can't be friends.  And he can't be in Oliver's life, especially if Thea is a part of it.  (Not to mention his whole plan to kill Felicity)

I can tolerate/accept this. 

(edited)
42 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

I'm sorry killing his mother and trying to kill his sister makes me not buy into the whole supposed specialness of the Slade/Oliver relationship and friendship.

39 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

So does Slade have a special place because he killed Oliver's mother and tried to kill his sister. Bygones be bygones? WTF

I think they're going with Mirakuru made him do it but, he's all better now.

I've read too many X-Men comics (Magneto/Xavier) to bat an eye at Oliver/Slade.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I think they're going with Mirakuru made him do it but, he's all better now.

Yes, temporarily crazy for 5+ years, he's totally sorry about it guys. 

Oh wait he tried to kill Thea and Oliver a year after the cure? Um that was just a momentary relapse. 

• Love 1

I think what will help make it easier to somewhat accept (at least to the point that I'm not extremely bitter about it) whatever they decide to do with Oliver, Slade and forgiveness is that Slade's not going to be around that much. We'll get what, the premiere and his two episodes? Now, if suddenly Oliver invites Slade to live with him and William and gives him a job at City Hall and no one in Star City bats an eye, there will be a serious problem. 

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Manu's commentary was a wall of text so tl;dr I skimmed, but isn't the special bond thing his own head canon?

That's how I understood it. I remember thinking he and KC have some stuff in common. Word salad head canon.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, leopardprint said:

Oh wait he tried to kill Thea and Oliver a year after the cure? Um that was just a momentary relapse. 

And he just walked away and left a bunch of people Oliver loves to die.  Sorry Manu, not buying Slade is just a poor misunderstood soul.

• Love 4

I only read the transcript tv echo posted, but he sounds like he's on something, particularly when he talks about following Steve on SM and repeatedly talking about his (SA's) kids. Um, you might want to sharpen up on your perception, dude, there's one kid. I imagine it only sounds weirder when you actually hear it. 

15 hours ago, tv echo said:

Another late published media report from SDCC...

Arrow: Why Juliana Harkavy Loves Her Black Canary Costume
August 10, 2017  by Lauren Gallaway
http://www.cbr.com/arrow-juliana-harkavy-black-canary-costume/

“I did a lot of research,” the actor said of her character and how she developed Dinah for the screen. “I really wanted to make it my own. I’ve been slowly reading to see — I didn’t want to be too influenced.” Asked if she will continue to clash with Black Siren, Harkavy replied, “Yes. I love our fighting! Our fight scenes last year were so fun to shoot. I imagine so, yeah.”

Now I really want a video from filming a scene like the one with Barry and Kara that was posted recently. :)

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, bijoux said:

Now I really want a video from filming a scene like the one with Barry and Kara that was posted recently. :)

I imagine a Black Siren/Black Canary fight scene set video is just a bunch of hair commercial hair tossing and model tough girl cat walking before the director yells cut and then the stunt women come in to do the rest. 

21 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

I imagine a Black Siren/Black Canary fight scene set video is just a bunch of hair commercial hair tossing and model tough girl cat walking before the director yells cut and then the stunt women come in to do the rest. 

That's why I want to see it in all its unedited glory. :D And there's the bonus of the yawning really big.

• Love 2

Tbc, I don't disbelieve the spoilers about the Olicity wedding. It's just that hope can sometimes be a terrible thing, because the higher the hope, the bigger the disappointment if it doesn't happen (as far as we know, the wedding hasn't been filmed yet and the EPs could change their minds). Skepticism is like a self-defense mechanism in this respect.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, tv echo said:

Tbc, I don't disbelieve the spoilers about the Olicity wedding. It's just that hope can sometimes be a terrible thing, because the higher the hope, the bigger the disappointment if it doesn't happen (as far as we know, the wedding hasn't been filmed yet and the EPs could change their minds). Skepticism is like a self-defense mechanism in this respect.

That's true, but there's also going overboard in the other direction. Too much hope can lead to disappointment but too little can set up an isolated rut that just looks for the negative rather than looking at any positive qualities. It's a balancing act. I had high hopes with only a few pieces of skepticism for 520 and they were almost all met so I was satisfied and enjoyed it, I had lower hopes and a lot of skepticism for whatever villain story they decided to do and was actually surprised with how much I liked it, and I had moderate hopes but significant skepticism with Felicity's Helix arc and was well satisfied with that arc. It's just about taking what facts are out there and setting up realistic expectations rather than immediate worst-case scenarios.

• Love 8

I'm going to leave this here because I don't know if it's spoiler or not for Arrow but it might mean something for Pike.

Adrian Holmes is currently shooting an episode of Supernatural per his Instagram. That doesn't mean he can't be shooting Arrow too but I thought it was interesting and thought I would share.

I cannot find it in myself to get excited about Oliver getting a new apartment at all.  First because I liked the loft set, second because it's because William is living with him and I have no interest in that story, and third because it means that Oliver and Felicity living together gets delayed even longer.

• Love 8

Are there any other photos I haven't seen because just going based on Stephen's video I really can't tell how the place looks and whether it's an awful looking set... I mean we only saw something that looks like a book shelf and a window but that's about it...

48 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

Are there any other photos I haven't seen because just going based on Stephen's video I really can't tell how the place looks and whether it's an awful looking set... I mean we only saw something that looks like a book shelf and a window but that's about it...

No, just the background of the video. But it seems like they must've been living there at least a while since Myson's room is all done-up in the trailer. I'm just surprised there aren't any books on the shelves or that there isn't a fake cityscape outside. Or something that makes it definitely look like not the inside of the lair. I suppose maybe they don't plan on shooting at an angle where you could really see it, but it seems to be in a corner in a pretty big room where it'd be tough to mask unless they close the curtains all the time. Which they could!

• Love 1

Don't know if this means anything at all - it was posted three days ago, but is apparently a throwback pic. FYI, Clayton Chitty played Vincent Sobel (Dinah's partner/lover) in 511...

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Okay, first of all, YES for Kirk Acevedo! But does anyone else find this wording in the article strange:

Season 6 of Arrow, starring Stephen Amell, picks up following the Lian Yu island explosion. Katie Cassidy and Juliana Harkavy also star.

None of the other series regulars are mentioned ... including RG, whose series regular status for S6 was announced at the same time as JH's. So even if they're just sticking with naming those who were announced as series regulars for S6 near the end of S5 ... I get that there's the whole "who lives" mystery, but I find it really odd that only KC and JH are mentioned in addition to SA. 

Oh well. I'll go back to being excited about Kirk Acevedo. 

WOW KIRK!! That's an A+ Casting choice. I already know he'll be amazing.

Damn Arrow is killing it in the casting department this year.

24 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Okay, first of all, YES for Kirk Acevedo! But does anyone else find this wording in the article strange:

None of the other series regulars are mentioned ... including RG, whose series regular status for S6 was announced at the same time as JH's. So even if they're just sticking with naming those who were announced as series regulars for S6 near the end of S5 ... I get that there's the whole "who lives" mystery, but I find it really odd that only KC and JH are mentioned in addition to SA. 

Oh well. I'll go back to being excited about Kirk Acevedo. 

I am thinking it's for the people that have been confirmed alive as per the trailer.

• Love 2

Great casting for that role but I have to admit to not knowing the actor at all. I'm the odd one out! I checked his imdb and I have seen a couple of things he's been in but unless I'm super invested in a show, I tend to just forget the actors tbh. Haha. But if everyone here is excited, I shall be excited too!