Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

2 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

No one can really say it for sure... Me saying it may get canceled is just as much conjecture as you saying it won't. 

We'll see when the time comes... For me it's just a feeling.

I think you can make an educated guess on how expensive it is. The amount of CGI LoT has far surpasses the amount of CGI Flash/SG have. Not to mention Routh/Garber/McDonough must be really expensive to keep on.

Anyways here's a couple of links that say it's expensive:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/03/28/why-legends-of-tomorrow-is-now-the-cws-best-dc-comics-series

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/11/27/the-morning-after-the-night-before-on-supergirl-and-constantine/

http://comicbook.com/dc/2016/12/03/legends-tomorrow-best-dc-comic-tv-shows-cw/

But your implying that Legends is in danger of being canceled. It's not. That's like me randomly saying maybe Arrow or Flash will be canceled to make way for a BOP spin off. There's no evidence that any of the DC shows are in danger.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Proteus said:

But your implying that Legends is in danger of being canceled. It's not. That's like me randomly saying maybe Arrow or Flash will be canceled to make way for a BOP spin off. There's no evidence that any of the DC shows are in danger.

The conversation was that Legends is expensive for the network to make, gets low live ratings and doesn't bring in the same alternative revenues like merchandise, post views and licensing etc that Arrow and Flash does which in any other network would mean cancellation.

CW different network from the big 4 so we will just have to see. To be honest I think LOT biggest advantage from the networks perspective is regardless of the lack of money it might not be making them it's a useful prop for their others shows in terms of crossovers and giving them a complete set etc.

5 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

The conversation was that Legends is expensive for the network to make, gets low live ratings and doesn't bring in the same alternative revenues like merchandise, post views and licensing etc that Arrow and Flash does which in any other network would mean cancellation.

CW different network from the big 4 so we will just have to see. To be honest I think LOT biggest advantage from the networks perspective is regardless of the lack of money it might not be making them it's a useful prop for their others shows in terms of crossovers and giving them a complete set etc.

We will see. I'll start worrying about Legends cancelation when there's real evidence it's getting axed, which I have not seen.

2 hours ago, wonderwall said:

Maybe use it to test the audience? I have a feeling they might cancel LoT and greenlight a BoP series (with CL, JH, JDG (maybe), KC-ish)

LoT was widely praised for its second season and they seem to be doubling down on what made it so much fun last year.  Really, there's nothing else like it the Arrowverse and I don't think a BoP spinnoff  would fill that niche so unless the ratings completely tank, the actors leave and the cost skyrockets, I can't imagine them rushing to erase LoT from the line up.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

LoT was widely praised for its second season and they seem to be doubling down on what made it so much fun last year.  Really, there's nothing else like it the Arrowverse and I don't think a BoP spinnoff  would fill that niche so unless the ratings completely tank, the actors leave and the cost skyrockets, I can't imagine them rushing to erase LoT from the line up.  

Even if ratings tank, I don't see a show about three women filling the niche left by Firestorm, The Atom, Heat Wave and Steel.

I can take or leave the Huntress returning. I really don't care either way tbh. I think it depends on how they use her, who they have her interact with. The last episode she was in during s2 was pretty meh so IDK.

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 6

There has been a lot of hinting and build-up to Arrow‘s Felicity starting up her own company, Smoak Tech. Are there plans for this in Season 6? —Aurora
“That was something we wanted to do last year, and then we got sort of seduced by the Helix storyline,” co-showrunner Marc Guggenheim explained to me. “I would say that people wanting that storyline will be happy, but for reasons that I think will be very obvious, it can’t be called Smoak Technologies. And all those clever readers who are like, ‘That’s because she’ll be changing her last name to Queen,’ it’s not Queen Technologies, either.”

This answer actually made me laugh a lot.

• Love 2

From spoiler posted in the other thread - No surprise about Slade's son appearing on Arrow. Theme of this year is definitely "family". I'm curious about the name of Felicity's company though! *puts on thinking hat*  

but for reasons that I think will be very obvious, it can’t be called Smoak Technologies. And all those clever readers who are like, ‘That’s because she’ll be changing her last name to Queen,’ it’s not Queen Technologies, either.”

OK well, that doesn't rule out Queen Consolidated or Queen Inc ??

In all serious what reasons could be obvious as to why it can't be Smoak Tech?

• Love 3

On TVLine, it's written like this:

it’s not Queen Technologies, either.”

which makes me think that while Smoak and Queen are ruled out, Technologies is still possible. So what other name could it be? (Dear god, don't tell me she's going to name it Clayton for Samantha* or it's going to be Holt for Curtis.) 

*I'm going to keep assuming Samantha is dead unless I hear about the actress filming again. 

Edited by insomniadreams88
9 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

It's tough to tell whether he thinks the reasons that will be obvious are present or future. Maybe we'll find out? Because...I can't think of any reason why she couldn't name her company after herself. 

Maybe she needs to do the work under not her real name for reasons? Like, she has to name it something else for the time being but secretly is doing all the work and using Curtis or something as her front.

Tbh, I'm just really excited about the confirmation that they are doing that storyline.

Edited by way2interested

The only reasons I can think of is that she's getting married so the name change and/or Smoak Tech was from an AU so maybe they don't want to use that? Otherwise IDK.

But even if they are getting married and she changes her name to Queen, I still don't know why she can't call her company Smoak Tech. Unless they really do plan to shove Curtis in there too. *Clenches fist*

(edited)
14 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

It's tough to tell whether he thinks the reasons that will be obvious are present or future. Maybe we'll find out? Because...I can't think of any reason why she couldn't name her company after herself. 

Sounds like something they plan to reveal in S6. One possible answer (that i think will PISS almost this entire board off) is that it's a joint company so C&F or Smoak&Holt Tech.

Another, less annoying answer is that there's something held up with her name due to owning majority stock in Palmer Tech?

Or maybe something happens with Helix/Hayden James? 

Oh I know Guggie's Ego decided it should be Overwatch Inc ??

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 4

I think it will piss off more than just this board tbh.

I understand Curtis makes the tech but can Felicity please have something that's her own? The guy already takes away from her skillset, says dialogue that she used to say and cracks the jokes now. Enough. Not that I'm bitter or anything! LMAO.

Wasn't Queen Inc mentioned on The Flash? Or was that just a possible future? IDK. 

• Love 4

I would literally be so pissed if Curtis gets his name in there,like there are no words lol.They better not try that seriously.The thing that seems most obvious about why the name changes is Felicity and Oliver getting married and her either changing her last name to Queen and or Smoak Queen which is what I would prefer.

It wouldn't bother me if Curtis's name was involved somehow in the sense that the two big things that Palmer Tech developed while Felicity was at the helm was that battery and the spinal implant, both of which Curtis made happen, and I'm assuming the chip at least would be something they'd get the company going on (who knows how they'd play the IP on this show, since it should belong to Palmer Tech and whatever happened with it?). It only bothers me because I dislike Curtis immensely (and also because I would just like it to be Felicity's alone). 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 9
58 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Maybe it's not a technology company which is something that produces goods or services but pure IT or research instead.

7 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

It wouldn't bother me if Curtis's name was involved somehow in the sense that the two big things that Palmer Tech developed while Felicity was at the helm was that battery and the spinal implant, both of which Curtis made happen, and I'm assuming the chip at least would be something they'd get the company going on (who knows how they'd play the IP on this show, since it should belong to Palmer Tech and whatever happened with it?). It only bothers me because I dislike Curtis immensely (and also because I would just like it to be Felicity's alone). 

I'm not sure how I'll feel if they actually do it. I think it will depend upon my mood when I find out. Part of me gets it both in/out of story. In Story Curtis created the tech they'll probably build the new company around. Out of story, it manages to tie up 2 characters in one storyline and allow them to play off each other, which worked back in early S4.

However, there's a another part of me that wants to stomp my feet, whine, and cry into my ice cream...why can't Felicity just get one thing to herself?! They've been hinting at it since S4 and revisited it in S5. WTF can't they just do Smoak Tech?! ????

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

However, there's a another part of me that wants to stomp my feet, whine, and cry into my ice cream...why can't Felicity just get one thing to herself?! They've been hinting at it since S4 and revisited it in S5. WTF can't they just do Smoak Tech?! ????

I'd whine and stomp my feet if it has "Queen" in the name. I want her to have something that has nothing to do with Oliver or GA. Maybe she just re-takes over Palmer Tech?

I'd be fine if it was Holt-Smoak Inc but nothing that makes it seem Felicity is working for Curtis. 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

I'd whine and stomp my feet if it has "Queen" in the name. I want her to have something that has nothing to do with Oliver or GA. Maybe she just re-takes over Palmer Tech?

Except Palmer Tech used to belong to the Queen family so I don't see how that's any better. 

• Love 2

I loathe Curtis and him infringing on Felicity's storylines. In S3 they managed to make Ray intelligent while still showing that he needed Felicity whereas Curtis is taking over and mansplaining to her in S5.

I will rage. In fact the only thing that could make me rage more is Oliver running off with BS and since that's not happening I'm preparing myself for Curtis to be the thorn in my side for S6.

Probably doesn't help that EK was insufferable during SDCC and down right annoying. Go away Curtis!!!!!!

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

Except Palmer Tech used to belong to the Queen family so I don't see how that's any better. 

I guess because Oliver and the Queens had nothing to do with Felicity's ownership or management of it. 

Smoak-Holt or Queen-Holt technologies sounds dumb. It doesn't have a nice ring to it. Ugh, can Curtis just die already? Haha.

Queen Inc? Smoak-Queen Inc/Tech/Industries? Maybe MG is just being sneaky and it's not Smoak Tech but Smoak Inc. Or maybe it'll just be an initials thing? 

(If Smoak isn't in the name, I only hope this doesn't mean O/F are already married though. This is honestly my biggest concern and every time I'm reassured they won't do that, something else happens that makes me wonder if they would. Haha.) 

Edited by Angel12d

After EBR was spouting all that nonsense at SDCC about her contract calling for all her scenes to be with EK I won't be shocked if Holt is in the name.  I hate the idea though.  I think  instead of building technology she should work in cyber security.  She can write programs that could protect people/companies from hackers like Helix or Felicity Smoak. :-)

Edited by Sunshine
2 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

Based on the way the answer is printed on TVLine, I don't think Queen's gonna be in it.

In the comments Matt said he was 99%+ sure it wasn't so I'm guessing Holt is in there somewhere.

So is this going to be a replay of S3 with Curtis Holt playing the role of brilliant inventor and Felicity handles the business end of things with a technical assist now and then?  These writers aren't very original.   

Sorry, my disappointment is showing. I get the in story reasons but I still don't like it.

• Love 1

ill be pissed if it has curtis's name in it, we felicity fans have been asking for this story for her for years, only to have curtis's annoying behind shoved into her story because lets be honest they have no idea what to do with his character, so he has become an annoying injection into her story. I fear as long as curtis in on the show Felicity will never share scenes with anyone else (other than Oliver) and he will be interjected into everything she does. This curtis problem will not go away, they will just interject him into her life more and more until she cant make a decision without him. I hate these writers. 

Sorry for the angry rant. 

• Love 13

I remember from one of the articles I don't want to remember from one of the comic book sites something about a Q-Core? Could they use that at least for inspiration for the company name somehow? So instead of a name, we get initials? 

I feel like I'm just resigned to Curtis being part of this at this point. (Especially since didn't EK say something about them talking to him about Smoak Tech in S4?) And if he is, I just hope they don't make it seem like it couldn't exist without him. (I may be pessimistic about this storyline until we get more info/it begins to play out on-screen just so I'm not disappointed.)

33 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Smoak Technologies is a real company name.  Maybe they can't use the name going forward.

That makes sense.

I'd take FS Technologies or, FMS Inc or anything as long as it doesn't have Holt or Terrific attached to it.

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I remember from one of the articles I don't want to remember from one of the comic book sites something about a Q-Core? Could they use that at least for inspiration for the company name somehow? So instead of a name, we get initials? 

I feel like I'm just resigned to Curtis being part of this at this point. (Especially since didn't EK say something about them talking to him about Smoak Tech in S4?) And if he is, I just hope they don't make it seem like it couldn't exist without him. (I may be pessimistic about this storyline until we get more info/it begins to play out on-screen just so I'm not disappointed.)

Yeah I think it's pretty much a done deal that Curtis is involved since even just from a production standpoint it makes things easier, having one company set etc., I just really hope that it's Felicity who is the proactive one, fulfilling her dream. I'm fine if it's an equal partnership since that's a pretty common occurrence in the tech world, one business/vision person and one technical person. 

(Unless he is dead and Felicity names her company after him?)

Edited by leopardprint

I get giving Curtis a substantial interest in the company if they build off of some of his inventions but Felicity is the one that will be footing all the start up costs, has the more well known name in the business world and will be running the company so I'm still at the GRRRR stage.

• Love 9

I can't help but wonder what they would be doing if Curtis completely failed as a character and they didn't bring him back after season 4. What would they be doing about Felicity's company then? Basically, because it's her company we've been waiting for, I'd like to see something that could exist without Curtis. 

• Love 2

I really hate the idea of Felicity sharing this with Curtis at all.Not even because of some she should get all the focus thing or do everything,its just that imo Curtis brings down her scenes.I basically roll my eyes at them most of the time,it's all fast talking tech babble,Curtis talking over her,not seeming to even listen to each other,jokes that mostly don't land because they're both basically playing the same type of character.I just don't think it's an interesting or fun dynamic at all.It's clear Felicity has to have people to interact with in this storyline I just wish it was someone she had better scenes with.

There's also the fact that fans have been waiting for this which is something MG seems aware of so I hope he's aware that it should be her storyline,not something she equally shares with the newbie who has been there for a season and a half and they  really make Curtis her supporting character in this if he has to be there at all.

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, tangerine95 said:

There's also the fact that fans have been waiting for this which is something MG seems aware of so I hope he's aware that it should be her storyline,not something she equally shares with the newbie who has been there for a season and a half and they  really make Curtis her supporting character in this if he has to be there at all.

I actually do take comfort in the fact that the times he's referenced the storyline, he's literally never mentioned anyone for it except for Felicity. For both cases, he's just referenced that he's aware that people wanted it, which doesn't translate to "he's aware people wanted her to do it with Curtis." In fact, if he's saying that they wanted to do this storyline last year, that's even more evidence for the idea that Curtis would just be support, since that's all he did in s4 (and s5 too actually, odd interjections and arguable character-stealing moments aside). EK I think is really the only one who's really inserted Curtis into that idea, mainly because EBR believed it wouldn't happen or was keeping mum all SDCC.

• Love 3

Resigning myself to something with Holt in it.  If the reason for no Smoak Tech is a real world company, then how could they use it in the earlier episodes.  Damn you, Barry!

To try to look on the bright side I brainstormed with a friend about all the horrible things that it will probably be better than:

Holicity Inc.

Lance Memorial Conglomerate

Lauriver Tech

Billy, William, & Williams, Ltd.

Oliver Queen is the Green Arrow Global

M.A.S.K.S. Consolidated

Edited by TrueMyth
  • Love 10

Ok, first of all, I don't want Felicity to get her company all by herself. No man's name should be involved here. 

Also and maybe that is just me but is WM using the wedding spoilers to deny something else. Maybe I just got that feeling.

7 hours ago, Sunshine said:

In the comics, Mr. Terrific (Michael Holt) also had a company -Cyberwear - later rebranded as Holt Holdings which he sold to Wayne Tech.  They maybe merging 2 stories into 1.

If they did this, it might actually end up being the Straw that broke This Camel's back.  This would be a clear indication of taking a storyline designed for Felicity, first hinted at in S1 LOT/S4 Arrow and then again in S5 Arrow.  To make that all about Curtis in S6 would NOT sit well with me.

• Love 14
16 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

If they did this, it might actually end up being the Straw that broke This Camel's back.  This would be a clear indication of taking a storyline designed for Felicity, first hinted at in S1 LOT/S4 Arrow and then again in S5 Arrow.  To make that all about Curtis in S6 would NOT sit well with me.

I take comfort in the fact that like @way2interested said the producers have been talking about the story as though it's Felicitys storyline and aside from what Echo himself has said- and frankly he's coming off lately as thirsty as the two former but back from the dead actresses- I havent seen the producers talk about the storyline as specifically involving and being built around Curtis.

I do however think that Curtis will be involved somehow since encroaching on Felicitys turf is the only way the writers seem to make Curtis relevant. I think he's worn his welcome out as a character but the show will keep him around because they like him as an actor. Aka the new Malcolm. 

• Love 1