Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, johntfs said:

I don't see them as "BFFs" but occasional allies would work.  I think Oliver has already kind of forgiven Slade simply because he blames himself for Slade's condition, even though he used the Mirakuru on Slade to save his life.  Thea should be a very different story.  Slade murdered her mother in front of her and Thea doesn't have any "island extenuating good memories" of Slade.  I just hope we don't see some crazy shit like Thea trying to get to Slade through his son or some other "I'm the child of Malcolm Merlyn and Moira Queen.  I will embrace the darkness within me to take my revenge!" stuff.

If they'd let Thea embrace her Moira-ness last year there might be the slightest, slightest chance of that happening, not actually trying to hurt Joe, but using him to somehow do something to Slade, but no, I don't see the show going there.

34 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Katie would be in her costume if JH were though. I think it is more of Siren showing up to taunt DD after a fight.

On the plus side, JH doesn't look super yellow there.  

She also mentions how carefully SA worded his comment about Diggle taking a shot and missing (in his 2Truths & a Lie), making her believe that was a truth.

Makes me wonder if he misses and kills someone else or he misses and they live to kill someone else. Either way, sending him down this 'Civil War' path.

15 minutes ago, Chaser said:

She also mentions how carefully SA worded his comment about Diggle taking a shot and missing

Maybe Digg has a drinking problem...

tumblr_m5gm6d0mAq1qbteklo2_250.gif

• Love 7
59 minutes ago, Chaser said:

She also mentions how carefully SA worded his comment about Diggle taking a shot and missing (in his 2Truths & a Lie), making her believe that was a truth.

Makes me wonder if he misses and kills someone else or he misses and they live to kill someone else. Either way, sending him down this 'Civil War' path.

Didn't the wording From SA imply a malfunction in the gun?

3 hours ago, bethy said:

I was actually thinking drug. There is an opioid problem in America currently so I thought that might play into their next social issue as well as Diggle's injuries being more severe than anyone realizes.

I got the impression that Diggle's gun misfires from SA's video. Don't know if that is how Diggle gets injured, someone else gets injured or if it leads to someone getting away.

11 hours ago, Sunshine said:
14 hours ago, bethy said:

I was actually thinking drug. There is an opioid problem in America currently so I thought that might play into their next social issue as well as Diggle's injuries being more severe than anyone realizes

Been there, done that, Laurel got the T-shirt.  

• Love 5
14 hours ago, Sunshine said:

Not like they're afraid of repeating storylines. S2 was a while ago. :)

Seems like they are going to repeat storylines from S5, using some from S2 is showing some restraint. ?

I'm wondering if the return of Slade doesn't have anything to do with movie Slade? Isn't Deathstroke the next movie Batman villain? Maybe DC/WB realized that having the character visible is a better strategy than making them kill them off. 

47 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

Seems like they are going to repeat storylines from S5, using some from S2 is showing some restraint. ?

I'm wondering if the return of Slade doesn't have anything to do with movie Slade? Isn't Deathstroke the next movie Batman villain? Maybe DC/WB realized that having the character visible is a better strategy than making them kill them off. 

Deathstroke is up in the air as the next Batman Villain. The new director threw out Bens script is and starting from scratch.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Deathstroke is up in the air as the next Batman Villain. The new director threw out Bens script is and starting from scratch.

It seems like they still have an actor cast for that role though? 

2 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

It seems like they still have an actor cast for that role though? 

Yeah they do but The Rock has been cast as Black Adam for the past 10 years and DC has yet to follow through with his contract.

• Love 1

With all the SDCC Arrowverse articles scanned is anyone a bit thrilled that the Arrow article had a big ol smoochy smooch photo of our ship in the GA suit. 

Felicity Smoak is marrying Green Arrow next season! I'm kinda freaking out when I think about it!!!!!! I'm so ready but not ready at the same time!!! SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

• Love 17
14 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

With all the SDCC Arrowverse articles scanned is anyone a bit thrilled that the Arrow article had a big ol smoochy smooch photo of our ship in the GA suit. 

Felicity Smoak is marrying Green Arrow next season! I'm kinda freaking out when I think about it!!!!!! I'm so ready but not ready at the same time!!! SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

And it was a pretty angle that we've never seen before. I did like that our couple was the only one that had a big shot of a kiss on TV Guide. Damian knows what is up.

• Love 6
On 18/07/2017 at 1:48 PM, EmilyBettFan said:

I thought Damien Holbrook hated Olicity lol. Maybe he was out voted.

I think they like clicks best of all. And they know that Olicity bring the clicks. 

• Love 8
19 minutes ago, Chaser said:

"Tribute" paid to whoever dies in the first episode?

Oliver: Announces that he wants to put up a statue for that person

Star City: "NO! We refuse to spend any money on a statue that will probably be as ugly as BC's last year."

• Love 9
7 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I went straight to The Hunger Games ?

Me too. It doesn't have to be a tribute to whoever dies. As statsgirl says there are multiple meanings. Bet they're going to stoke the "who dies?" games this weekend though.

(edited)
17 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

Hopefully not cause I'd like to see some upcoming scenes in the trailer and that'll be kind of hard if they are trying to pretend like everybody might be dead. 

You'll get your upcoming scenes! A bunch of scenes with Oliver and William learning how to live together. Dinah, probably, since they'll want to hype her up. A new big bad terrorizing the city! A bunch of flashbacks of what happened on the island before the explosion, and then the screen will fade to black with a "You're alive" voiceover by Oliver! A collective gasp will roll through the crowd, then someone will yell out and everyone will start laughing. 

/end

Edited by apinknightmare
10 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

You'll get your upcoming scenes! A bunch of scenes with Oliver and William learning how to live together. Dinah, probably, since they'll want to hype her up. A new big bad terrorizing the city! A bunch of flashbacks of what happened on the island before the explosion, and then the screen will fade to black with a "You're alive" voiceover by Oliver! A collective gasp will roll through the crowd, then someone will yell out and everyone will start laughing. 

/end

I know your probably right but in my head it's all Olicity and OTA dammit! 

• Love 1

Hopefully she won't be accused of exaggerating or making things up like last time she had a convo with Marc or being attacked simply because Marc was willing to talk to her. I remember there were some people who were pretty awful towards her. 

• Love 3
(edited)
11 minutes ago, Chaser said:

JBuffy had another conversation with MG. She's going to post something later.

That's a no from me. Thanks! :)

7 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

Hopefully she won't be accused of exaggerating or making things up like last time she had a convo with Marc or being attacked simply because Marc was willing to talk to her. I remember there were some people who were pretty awful towards her. 

No one should be awful to her at all but IMO she does have a bit of a reputation of leading questions/inferring answers. I don't 100% trust what she says as a result. But attacking her personally is inexcusable. 

Edited by Guest

I trust what she relays about her conversations, I just don't trust her interpretation of it. If that makes sense. 

I do want to know if her gave her any new casting scoop, like DDs boyfriend. Or if he underlines BS position this year (to reassure some of her Olicity followers).

• Love 14
Just now, Chaser said:

I trust what she relays about her conversations, I just don't trust her interpretation of it. If that makes sense. 

Yeah - if she sat down and had a Q&A with MG and wrote down the Qs and the As, I would totally believe it. I don't trust how she interprets what he tells her either. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

No one should be awful to her at all but IMO she does have a bit of a reputation of leading questions/inferring answers. I don't 100% trust what she says as a result. But attacking her personally is inexcusable. 

Yeah from memory it was LL stans/comic stans/redditors who were attacking her personally on twitter which caused her to tweet something that Marc retweeted and Marc tweeted something out in support that he gave her a spoiler because he liked her. I think their objections were how dare Marc even talk to her in the first place. 

But I remember their were a few Olicity fans who didn't necessarily say shading things to her but about her. I just remember feeling a little sorry for her last year.

I do agree that she gets over enthusiastic with her head canons but I guess it's never really bothered me much, I usually just ignore the out there ones like Olicity getting married in 3x22 haha. In general I enjoy her episode reviews for the most part.

Plus I have to give the girl props that she was the first fan I saw calling Laurel being in the grave in 4x01 and she stuck by that when I had doubts until probably mid season haha. 

• Love 2

There were a lot of fans who called LL being the one in the grave as soon as the grave was shown, even pointed out after SDCC that she'd either leave Arrow for LOT or somehow end up dead so she wasn't the only one.

I do think she does have a tendency to exaggerate things and that doesn't only relate to her convos with Marc but in general about the show and other things. It's just who she is. So you either believe her or take what she says with a grain of salt.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

There were a lot of fans who called LL being the one in the grave as soon as the grave was shown, even pointed out after SDCC that she'd either leave Arrow for LOT or somehow end up dead so she wasn't the only one.

Fair enough :) Like I said she was the only one I personally saw calling LL after 4x01. I have to admit I don't think I got on that train confidently  till 4x09 but I started getting suspicious it could be her as some life for a life payback for bringing back Sara in 4x04/4x05.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, LeighAn said:

I'm already seeing some pretty nasty things said about her on twitter by some Olicity fans. At least they aren't @  her. 

14 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Yeah, I figured there'd be a lot less to report in a season with positive Olicity.

Cause he probably wants everybody to wonder if they are all dead haha. 

Im hoping SDCC is going to be the big Olicity wedding promo event but I also wouldn't be surprised if they play it a little closer to the vest just because of the cliffhanger. 

7 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

Judging from the promo so far, it wouldn't be that out of place for someone to ask if they are changing the name of the show from "Arrow" to "Black Canaries". 

Well considering they only really just landed in SDCC I think that's a very pessimistic and negative view. If it's all about Juliana tomorrow then maybe.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Cleanqueen said:

I do think she does have a tendency to exaggerate things and that doesn't only relate to her convos with Marc but in general about the show and other things. It's just who she is. So you either believe her or take what she says with a grain of salt.

I was okay with the wrong wedding in 3x22.   What disappointed me is her saying that Oliver and Felicity would get back together in 5x05 and it was precisely the opposite.  I was sick of them being apart by then and to have them become even farther apart and the whole Susan thing start just made it worse because I had been so hopeful after her comments. Now I just regard them like I do Tarot cards.

• Love 4
Just now, statsgirl said:

I was okay with the wrong wedding in 3x22.   What disappointed me is her saying that Oliver and Felicity would get back together in 5x05 and it was precisely the opposite.  I was sick of them being apart by then and to have them become even farther apart and the whole Susan thing start just made it worse because I had been so hopeful after her comments. Now I just regard them like I do Tarot cards.

She never said they would get back together in 5x05. Marc told her 5x05 was going to be a big episode for Olicity and implied the fans would enjoy it.  It was an Olicity focused Ep -so not a lie- and I think was an episode the writers misinterpreted how it would land with the audience. 

She also said that Marc implied to her that season 5 would be a rebuild for Olicity which though not as thorough as maybe everybody would like wasn't a lie.

• Love 2
(edited)
33 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

She never said they would get back together in 5x05. Marc told her 5x05 was going to be a big episode for Olicity and implied the fans would enjoy it.  It was an Olicity focused Ep -so not a lie- and I think was an episode the writers misinterpreted how it would land with the audience.

Description of 5x05: 

Oliver turns to old friend Christopher Chance, aka the Human Target, for help when Tobias Church captures and tortures one of Oliver's new recruits. Meanwhile, Felicity's worlds collide when Det. Malone joins the ACU.

It was an episode focused on the n00bs, Oliver being mayor and needing Huma Targets helps with a large dose of Susan Williams.  I don't have a high opinion of MG but even he isn't so stupid as to think that fans would enjoy Oliver deciding to move on from Felicity and date someone else.  The response to Felicity having a boyfriend in 5x01 should have told him that.  Ergo MG trolling.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 2
(edited)
8 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Description of 5x05: 

It was an episode focused on the n00bs and Oliver being mayor.  I don't have a high opinion of MG but even he isn't so stupid as to think that fans would enjoy Oliver deciding to move on from Felicity and date someone else.  The response to Felicity having a boyfriend in 5x01 should have told him that.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice....

Marc said that Episode 5 is a HUGE Olicity episode. I asked him if Oliver was giving up and he said, “No! No no non no!” But then he paused and said, “That said, Felicity does say to him, ‘You keep waiting for things to go back to the way they were.’’” She’s talking about the team, but the subtext is their relationship. So then I asked, “But are we going to see a rebuild?” And Marc smiled and said, “Yes.” And then I said, “Oliver’s still working on becoming the man that Felicity wants and needs??” He smiled and said, “Yes. Absolutely.” Then I said, “But it’s going to be a process? A long journey?” And he smiled again and said YES.

That is verbatim what Marc told her- if people jumped to the conclusion that Olicity were getting back together from that that's on them not on her, and was what Marc told her. I don't think it's fair to attack another person publicly even if it wasn't  too her personally like I saw some of the fandom do to her just because Marc sold the episode in a way fans didn't appreciate.

And also Marc and Wendy were selling episode 5 as an Olicity episode in interviews not just to JBuffy so....

Edited by LeighAn
  • Love 4

I remember MG being pretty grumpy online and antagonizing the shippers before 505 aired. Like he was expecting backlash anyway so was just going to stir the pot.

He was much nicer before 519 and 520! So my theory is that if MG is being mean, should prepare for bad Olicity! He seems to be in a good mood when he's expecting happy reactions from fans. 

• Love 3