Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

The other day he tweeted something about being down and needing positive vibes. He has since deleted it.

He liked his girlfriends post about change and building something new. 

(edited)

Well, I for one wouldn't be opposed to Curtis dying. The character has never worked for me. He's really just a gay and more over the top version of Felicity.  That being said, I don't think he's going to die. Nobody of significance (except for Nyssa, maybe) will. 

Edited by strikera0
(edited)
33 minutes ago, Chaser said:

The other day he tweeted something about being down and needing positive vibes. He has since deleted it.

He liked his girlfriends post about change and building something new. 

I get where the vibe is coming from.  I just can't imagine them (CW) spending money on a photoshoot for a character that was killed/written off. 

Unless he's leaving Arrow and being moved to another Berlanti show?

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2
(edited)

I would feel bad for EK,he seems nice and like he loves working on the show but I'm really hoping Curtis will be gone,I don't care if they kill him off or make him move offscreen or to a different show.He just doesn't have a purpose on the show,is terrible as a mask and is more annoying than funny.I'm hoping there's a chance he goes sometime this season but EK also talking about being part of the smoak tech storyline so idk.

6 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I get where the vibe is coming from.  I just can't imagine them (CW) spending money on a photoshoot for a character that was killed/written off. 

Same but then I remember they put CH in all that superhero fight club stuff and Roy was gone a few episodes later.Maybe we get lucky with Curtis leaving too lol

Edited by tangerine95
8 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

That's what I'm thinking too. 

Plus, I think they want Curtis involved in Smoak Tech. So I don't see him leaving Arrow

I just hope we don't get more of the annoying Curtis from season 5 in season 6. (I've resigned myself to having to see that mask even though it just doesn't work, so at least fix something with him this year.) 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I just hope we don't get more of the annoying Curtis from season 5 in season 6. (I've resigned myself to having to see that mask even though it just doesn't work, so at least fix something with him this year.) 

Both Mr. Terrific's and Oliver's non GA mask looked like those black peel off skincare masks.

2 hours ago, tangerine95 said:

Same but then I remember they put CH in all that superhero fight club stuff and Roy was gone a few episodes later.Maybe we get lucky with Curtis leaving too lol

Is it possible? Sure but it just seems unlikely to me. The CW is notoriously cheap when it comes to promos. 

I'm not even sure the fight club was a CW Promo, I thought it was WB? 

In either case, I'll wait and see. 

• Love 1

I'm not sure the network knew that CH was leaving when they filmed the promo/did the photo shoot. From the EW interview with CH, it sounded like he went through a rough stretch health-wise and decided that he didn't want the pressure of the show on top of dealing with everything else and asked to be let go.

• Love 4

What would be the most realistic exit for Curtis would be for almost dying/getting blown up to make him quit because he doesn't think he's cut out for it (which he isn't) and then go back to find Paul or whatever...

I wish they'd get rid of Curtis (no need to kill him, just go bye bye) but I doubt they will. 

About this airstrip mentioned in the filming notice, did one exist on Lian Yu? As far as I remember coming via plane implied hydroplanes or skydiving so far. Do the survivors build one after the explosion?

3 minutes ago, bijoux said:

About this airstrip mentioned in the filming notice, did one exist on Lian Yu? As far as I remember coming via plane implied hydroplanes or skydiving so far. Do the survivors build one after the explosion?

Maybe they are referring to where the plane is that they were trying to reach when the explosions started. So it could be a flashback to when the explosions went off. 

9 minutes ago, bijoux said:

I assume there's an airstrip. The plane they were supposed to escape in wasn't a seaplane.

53 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

What would be the most realistic exit for Curtis would be for almost dying/getting blown up to make him quit because he doesn't think he's cut out for it (which he isn't) and then go back to find Paul or whatever...

Most realistic exit is he gets hurt and needs time away. I really don't think they're killing him off or even writing him out in 601. I can see them having him leave the show mid or end of season 6. Perhaps going to LoT or even Black Lightning if they "kill" E1 Curtis in crossover and then bring in E? "Michael" Holt/Mr. Terrific. 

However, i still don't think they're getting rid of Echo/Curtis.

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, bijoux said:

I think in season 1 flashbacks there was an airstrip on Lian Yu. 

• Love 1

In that ComicBook.com interview (video in New Spoilers thread), SA said: "We're going to have James Bamford on as a producing director on the show, which is something new." 

WTH is a producing director? And how is that different from a director or a producer?

29 minutes ago, tv echo said:

In that ComicBook.com interview (video in New Spoilers thread), SA said: "We're going to have James Bamford on as a producing director on the show, which is something new." 

WTH is a producing director? And how is that different from a director or a producer?

I'm thinking about SPN and they have 3 EPS who also direct several episodes and several writers also have producer credits.  Maybe Bamford is going to have have more to say about the storylines...which...eww or he's just going to have an additional credit he gets paid for?

6 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Maybe Bamford is going to have have more to say about the storylines...which...eww or he's just going to have an additional credit he gets paid for?

2nd one, with a bit of decision power for actual physical production, I believe.

• Love 2

Ausiello: You can expect much of the aforementioned villainy, sprinkled with the occasional wish for a turn-around, at least by those who knew her Earth-One doppelgänger. “I don’t know if there’s any question about whether or not the [idea] of redemption will come up; it has to,” co-showrunner Wendy Mericle told TVLine. “Her father is there. Oliver is there. Everyone is going to be asking whether or not it’s possible to find a little piece of Laurel, the Laurel Lance they knew and loved, in there somewhere.” 

Bolding is mine. I don't get this. Quinton is not BS's father. I don't get why this is such a difficult concept. While EarthX's doppelgangers are interesting to explore, they are not interchangeable.  

• Love 11
(edited)

From @apinknightmare's post in the spoiler thread:

BONUS SCOOP:Even with Adrian Chase dead, Oliver’s battle to conceal his secret identity is far from over. Rumor has it he will be dogged by a curious FBI agent this season.

Will their name be Agent Williamson? I wonder if Susan gave her info to the FBI?

1 MINUTE AGO, CALLIOPE1975 SAID:

Bolding is mine. I don't get this. Quinton is not BS's father. I don't get why this is such a difficult concept. While EarthX's doppelgangers are interesting to explore, they are not interchangeable. 

Me either, she doesn't have a piece of Laurel in her because she isn't that Laurel. It's like expecting identical twins to have identical personalities. 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 5
Just now, calliope1975 said:

Seriously? Even QUENTIN HIMSELF, clocked her and made it clear he doesn't see BS as his daughter. WTF?

And they better not change Quentin's position on this because that will just make him look pathetic.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, calliope1975 said:

I hated it when they implied Laurel was interchangeable with her E2 self, and I hate the implication that E1 people are interchangeable with other Earths' versions. I mean, them fighting against someone who looks like the person they loved and his clearly not that person is interesting, but they covered that in 10. Dragging it out is ugh.

That being said, this is Wendy so it's either complete BS or 75% BS.

• Love 13

Can they please stop with the "little piece of the Laurel they knew in Black Siren"? She's a completely different person. They're just assuming that at some point, BS could have been like Laurel.  I swear, if BS looked like Isabel, this wouldn't even be a question. (Then again, imagine if E2 Isabel is actually this really sweet woman who does charity work in all her free time. Would they be wondering if part of her is really evil?)

Also, stop with the "badass" already. Get a new word. 

• Love 9

Yeah I'm not reading anything into what Wendy says as nothing she's says ever plays on screen the way she said it. And even then it wasn't a glowing endorsement for Black Siren redemption- they keep saying how much they prefer and love villain Katie.

Im calling that she's either big bads minion which seems all she's good for or she's one of those in the running for Richard Dragons bounty. Maybe with the occasional siding with Team Arrow when it suits her own agenda. But that'll only take up like one or two minutes of screen time cause that's all they can bother writing her. 

• Love 1
(edited)

It's WM talking so whatever she says could literally happen in the opposite way or not happen at all lol.But sounds to me like BS is staying a villain but just to justify why they don't get rid of her they'll maybe have people occasionally wonder if she could be redeemed.I still think if she gets redeemed she gets sent back to E2.

The FBI agent thing sounds exactly like what Susan was supposed to do.Makes me think her storyline of actually doing something other than being a LI was dropped and they're going to do it in a different way in season 6.

Edited by tangerine95
  • Love 2
48 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

I wonder if Susan gave her info to the FBI?

I wonder if they'll try to pretend that Susan digging into Oliver didn't happen or all that information she had on him just disappeared. I wouldn't mind if the FBI got their hands on what she had - would just prove that Oliver was, as we all know, completely wrong to trust her. 

I'm iffy about this FBI storyline. If done right, I guess it could work at least enough for me to not hate it? Also depends on casting. 

(edited)
8 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I wonder if they'll try to pretend that Susan digging into Oliver didn't happen or all that information she had on him just disappeared. I wouldn't mind if the FBI got their hands on what she had - would just prove that Oliver was, as we all know, completely wrong to trust her. 

I'm iffy about this FBI storyline. If done right, I guess it could work at least enough for me to not hate it? Also depends on casting. 

The only acceptable way for Susan to come back is so Oliver can be wrong in his wrongness otherwise I'm fine with her never appearing again. It would be very strange if the show called "do over" and started this storyline over again except with an FBI agent this time? Perhaps the PI spilled so Susie Star Reporter's pristine reputation as a "good person" and "good reporter" isn't sullied. 

Do we think her absence at all of the press conferences will be explained or will she never be mentioned again?

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, tangerine95 said:

The FBI agent thing sounds exactly like what Susan was supposed to do.Makes me think her storyline of actually doing something other than being a LI was dropped and they're going to do it in a different way in season 6.

Wouldn't be the first time.

• Love 2

They should just call up the flash team and they'll confirm for them that E2 doppelgangers have no connection to their earth 1 counterparts. That concept was never even brought up on the flash if I remember correctly. Arrow is literally exploring it because they have nothing substantial to offer BS. She's just a wack villain and normally wack villains don't stay past thier 1-2 episode limit per season.

Had BS been any other actor, we would not be having this conversation.

• Love 14
(edited)

I promised myself I wouldn't read WM interviews or whatever and I'm sticking to that but...

I see all this talk about Saint Laurel is not gonna end anytime soon with BS around. I swear they're gonna start praying in front of her costume in its weird glass case, asking, "What would Saint Laurel do?" Haha.

And can we please stop acting like BS and Laurel are the same person? They're not. They're from two different worlds. The end. Stop with this interchangeable women mess. I can't stand it. I find it as gross as the sister swapping crap. *Shudders*

Also, I wonder what exactly happens to bring in the FBI. 

Edited by Guest
3 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Also, I wonder what exactly happens to bring in the FBI. 

Maybe someone got a photo of Oliver letting Chase escape in 522. Didn't they say that all the federal agencies were after Chase? (I might be remembering that wrong.) 

Or maybe it'll be something that happens over the summer/in the premiere or first couple of episodes. 

While they are definitely two different people who had different experiences, they would share some similarities as we've seen with other E2 characters. I think in the end it is less about finding E1 Laurel in E2 Laurel and just a general "can this person be saved". Her being a doppelganger just gives them more motivation to do so.

6 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

They should just call up the flash team and they'll confirm for them that E2 doppelgangers have no connection to their earth 1 counterparts. That concept was never even brought up on the flash if I remember correctly. Arrow is literally exploring it because they have nothing substantial to offer BS. She's just a wack villain and normally wack villains don't stay past thier 1-2 episode limit per season.

Had BS been any other actor, we would not be having this conversation.

That's always how it's going to be. If we had E2 Thea or any main character they would be doing the same thing.

I would say The Flash showed that the E2 dopplegangers had certain connections. Barry/Iris and Caitlin/Ronnie were together in both worlds, both Barrys had the same job both Killer Frosts were similar, shared similar experiences with their mothers  and Barrys first interaction with E2 KF was immediately to do the same thing Oliver and co. are doing with Siren "I know you, this isn't you" 

I don't get the whole saintification of Laurel with respect to BS talk right now because let's recap:

• Felicity punched BS and showed no remorse towards her
  • Curtis told BS to shut up
  • Quentin KNOCKED BS out after calling Dinah BC
  • Oliver was definitely OK with Felicity punching BS - he seemed quite proud actually
  • Diggle doesn't really give a damn
  • Oliver called BS a metahuman instead of by her name in the finale
  • BS kidnapped Oliver's son in the finale and helped kidnap everyone else so I can't see her getting brownie points for that

So I'm pretty comfortable that they won't really saintify LL and try to redeem BS because she's pretty flat out disliked by the team... LOL

• Love 8
(edited)
4 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

I don't get the whole saintification of Laurel with respect to BS talk right now because let's recap:

• Felicity punched BS and showed no remorse towards her
  • Curtis told BS to shut up
  • Quentin KNOCKED BS out after calling Dinah BC
  • Oliver was definitely OK with Felicity punching BS - he seemed quite proud actually
  • Diggle doesn't really give a damn
  • Oliver called BS a metahuman instead of by her name in the finale
  • BS kidnapped Oliver's son in the finale and helped kidnap everyone else so I can't see her getting brownie points for that

So I'm pretty comfortable that they won't really saintify LL and try to redeem BS because she's pretty flat out disliked by the team... LOL

It's more what everyone will say when interacting with BS. Not all the time, of course, but it wouldn't surprise me if they started talking about how amazing Laurel was as a person and hero (still don't see this but whatever), to try to show BS that there could be that side of her or whatever. Like, in s5 I genuinely wondered who they were talking about when they mentioned Laurel. It wasn't the one I saw on screen for 4 seasons. Haha. So I don't really want to sit through that again. Let's move on.

Edited by Guest
Just now, Angel12d said:

It's more what everyone will say when interacting with BS. It wouldn't surprise me if they started talking about how amazing Laurel was as a person and hero, to try to show BS that there could be that side of her or whatever. Like, in s5 I genuinely wondered who they were talking about when they mentioned Laurel. It wasn't the one I saw on screen for 4 seasons. Haha. So I don't really want to sit through that again. Let's move on.

Meh it's nothing new. They've been doing it most of season 5 so I'm used to it haha Fact of the matter is for most of these characters - Laurel meant more to them after death than before it. And that's the sad life Laurel led.

• Love 3
Just now, wonderwall said:

Meh it's nothing new. They've been doing it most of season 5 so I'm used to it haha Fact of the matter is for most of these characters - Laurel meant more to them after death than before it. And that's the sad life Laurel led.

True. I just find it hard to align my perception of Laurel with the one they've been talking about since she died. It doesn't make any sense to me tbh. We've done the Saint Laurel talk, let's just move on, you know?

Just now, Angel12d said:

True. I just find it hard to align my perception of Laurel with the one they've been talking about since she died. It doesn't make any sense to me tbh. We've done the Saint Laurel talk, let's just move on, you know?

It's typical graduation goggles. And I'd rather have them saintify Laurel than have her back so I guess I'll take the lesser of two evils lol

32 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Every time they try to sanctify Laurel, I'm just like NOPE. This is all bullshit. Play however they want, I just want all versions of Laurel Lance killed in all the universes. 

• Love 10

Season begins Oct 12.  Sweeps is Oct 26 - Nov 22 (Wed before US Thanksgiving) which corresponds to 6.03 - 6.06.  Does that make Nov 30 (6.07) the crossover ep?  It might be the 8th episode for the others.  Or will they wait until Dec for crossovers?

Sounds like the only one missing from the scene is Katrina.  Doesn't mean Nyssa dies. It could just be she's MIA.  I have a vague recollection of hearing we might not know what happens to someone until much later in the season.

(edited)
8 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:
And it seems like JH may have dyed her hair back to brown if her current IG vid isn't old.

Hm, could be the same washable hair dye they used on KC for the flashbacks in her death episode. I guess we'll have to wait and see. 

Edited by strikera0