Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I don't watch NCIS:LA but the reason Booth and Bones finally got together (and multiple LI on both parts and far too late) was because Emily Deschenel got pregnant and they wanted to write the pregnancy in and make the baby Booth's.  And a few seasons later they split up (because of his gambling problem I think).  So no, while they did have a few seasons of being happily together, it's not something I want Arrow to emulate.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I think we need to keep in mind that her costume will probably evolve to some degree. It's possible that by S7 they'll ditch the Black Tie Gloves and go with full sleeves. 

I'm sure it'll evolve but to even start out it's kind of unnecessary. I know they were tinkering with the White Canary suit throughout S1 but the gloves seem like a no-brainer. 

(edited)
6 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Don't watch either show but, from what I've read Bones/Boothe didn't get together until late in the show S6/7 before that it was will they/won't they and, substitute LI. I had to look up the NCIS couple but, according to Wikipedia they got together in S5.

I don't think there's that much difference between the way relationship were handled. Shows basically go in one of two directions will they won't they or breakup/makeup. Arrow went with breakup/makeup the other 2 shows mentioned went the will they/won't they route, dragging out the initial hookup till later in the series.

Yes, Booth/Bones were messed around and stalled and dragged out for ages. I actually quit watching that show because 

Spoiler

one episode they hugged/comforted each other and then the next she told him she was pregnant and they completely stole the "ship gets together" moment because the EP thought that meant they'd break the moonlighting curse. It was ridiculous and frustrating. I think they were together for the rest of the show's run but there was still drama. Unfortunately they'd lost me after that.

Anyway, as for O/F, this time last year we were hearing about Felicity's new boyfriend so I'm pretty happy with the contrast and what we're hearing now. Haha.

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, bijoux said:
Sounds bitter. Which makes me wonder about what she has been told about Thea's involvement and storyline this year than O/F.

She sounded negative about everything to me (even about Thea) and in pics she seemed almost sad. IDK, I don't want to speculate but something's amiss, IMO.

• Love 1
(edited)

When is Willa's contract up for negotiation? End of season 6?  I wouldn't be surprised if she ends up leaving as soon as she gets the chance because she seems to be completely over the show. 

Edited by strikera0
(edited)
10 minutes ago, bijoux said:

I hope someone posts a video to get a better feel.

I would like to see a video too. It's hard to judge because people have different interpretations.

Edited by Morrigan2575

Like EBR, who once said that keeping the couple apart is more interesting, WH is young.  Maybe  that's what she meant because for the young, angst is more interesting.  (Me, I just want to see people happy.)

Does every season opener "set the table"?  Something happens that runs through the rest of the season (e.g. Sara dies), The Big Bad is introduced, the theme for the season is anvilled (FAMILY!) and if Oliver and Felicity are apart, they'll end the season together,  If they're together, they end the season apart, although hopefully that's over now.

• Love 2
(edited)

The song "Come on, Eileen" was used in last night's episode of Preacher

It's so weird that I've never heard of this song before, but just in the past few days, it's come up twice - once when SA used it to describe Olicity in S6 at HVFF-Portland (according to fan report), and now again on another TV show.

Or. Maybe SA saw Preacher's S2 teaser trailer, which was released in April...

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Regarding the two truths and one lie that SA gave at HVFF-Portland, I think I'm going with Oliver being outed as the GA as being the one lie

A single Big Bad is what the show's done every season, so that could easily be the truth

As for the "giant rift between Oliver and one of the original team members" being the other truth, I think it's going to be Diggle (even though S4 started off with a rift between Oliver and Diggle) for three reaons.  First, DR has talked a lot at comic cons about how he'd like to explore more of the Diggle/Lyla dynamic with Lyla now being the head of ARGUS. As we've seen, ARGUS has both supported and opposed Team Arrow, like with the Cayden James issue. I can see that issue and the re-emergence of Helix causing conflict between ARGUS and Team Arrow. Then Diggle is forced to choose between his love/loyalty to his wife Lyla and his love/loyalty to his "brother" Oliver, and naturally picking his wife Lyla. This also ties into the S6 theme of family and what that means. Second, I think it'll be Diggle because MG's recent interview comments revealed that he was surprised at the "controversial" fan reaction to the new recruits (in that they were seen as sidelining OTA) and, I think, MG seemed frustrated that the new, expanded Team Arrow is not being universally accepted and that a lot of fans are hanging onto OTA. I can see him wanting to force fans to move on from OTA, by removing Diggle from Team Arrow, which would allow Wild Dog in particular but also Dinah to cement their places on the team. That said, I think it would be a temporary rift and that Diggle would eventually return to Team Arrow. And third, a rift between Oliver and Diggle would allow opportunity for high drama and emotional angst in the major bromance of the show.

ETA: Tbc, this is not what I want, but just what I'm speculating might happen.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, tv echo said:

I can see that issue and the re-emergence of Helix causing conflict between ARGUS and Team Arrow. Then Diggle is forced to choose between his love/loyalty to his wife Lyla and his love/loyalty to his "brother" Oliver, and naturally picking his wife Lyla. This also ties into the S6 theme of family and what that means

I can kind of see that, especially coming from out of the finale. Not necessarily that he's choosing ARGUS over Team Arrow, but that at the end of the day in 523 Diggle was about to die along with the team and former enemies instead of his own family while Oliver was there to literally save his family (Thea, William, and to an extent Felicity). It could push him to want to be more there for them instead of Oliver/the team, especially if Oliver ends up trying to be more family-oriented with his relationship with Felicity and/or William. More of a "giant rift" with shared reasoning and no hard feelings rather than parting because of an argument of because one of them did something wrong. Might not happen, but just spit-balling.

(edited)
14 MINUTES AGO, SMALLSCREENDIVA SAID:

Hey, I know that song! Just never realized it was "Come On, Eileen," LMAO!

LOL, what did you think it was? I still think it's an odd song for Olicity. 

Edited by leopardprint

LOL, I have no idea what I was thinking. I just never made the connection. But yeah, that's an odd song. I mean, the guy in it just wanted to get it on with the girl in the red dress, right? Also something about old friends. Odd pick for Olicity. Unless SA just like the bouncy tune after the misery of last year.

(edited)

There are other upbeat love songs that are not as shallow. To me, it sounds like it's about a fun fling but I also realize that I have now put about 347% more thought into it than he did. ? 

Maybe it's specifically related to a scene in 601? Maybe they recreate the 301 date with better results this time? 

Edited by leopardprint

I saw something on twitter about that song having special meaning for SA and his wife. Maybe it's associated with SA's proposal to his wife and that's his way of hinting at an Oliver/Felicity proposal/wedding? Might make sense with all of the other Olicity wedding hints that seem to be coming out of the con (supposedly even DR told an attendee there was going to be a wedding in Season 6). 

2 minutes ago, DrSpaceman10 said:

I saw something on twitter about that song having special meaning for SA and his wife. Maybe it's associated with SA's proposal to his wife and that's his way of hinting at an Oliver/Felicity proposal/wedding? Might make sense with all of the other Olicity wedding hints that seem to be coming out of the con (supposedly even DR told an attendee there was going to be a wedding in Season 6).

Just idle speculation, but I wonder if the wedding will happen over the summer and show up in flashbacks.

I think it's something too big to show backwards in the FBs..maybe in the mid season finale..or in the crossover (meh).

1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

I really hope SA's not associating IRL stuff with O/F stuff. If I were his wife that'd really bother me, haha.

Well he proudly said to ask her to confirm that kissing while holding the person's face is his move, LOL. (While talking about the kiss in 301). But I don't think this is the case..maybe it just popped into his head when they asked the question..

(edited)

I really hope SA's not associating IRL stuff with O/F stuff. If I were his wife that'd really bother me, haha.

Watch it be the last song he heard before getting the question.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1
Just now, way2interested said:

I'd think if anything they'd want to put it in Feb since they usually go down during those sweeps anyway and it could help their returning numbers.

Yeah I'm thinking Feb Sweeps or possibly early May Sweep like 619 to help give the final few episodes a ratings boost.

(edited)

IDK, to me that sounds like it's happening sooner rather than later, but I don't know how they outline the seasons and MG loves his "tent poles", even if said tent is pitched on a giant pile of flaming trash. 

ETA: Maybe It could function as a cost saving bottle episode?

Edited by leopardprint

Here's a link about SA referencing the song and his wife. Unfortunately, it's on Canada Idiot's website, so click at your own risk. 

http://canadagraphs.weebly.com/arrow-blog/arrow-star-stephen-amell-and-his-wife-cassandra-jean-show-off-their-dance-moves-at-fuck-cancer-event-in-vancouver

He even spoke quite briefly about the night & told the crowd the next song was a special one to him (I cant remember now the exact details he said on why it was, whether its when he met Cassandra, or proposed...but.... it was special to him) and immediately after introducing it, he got off the stage and down onto the dance floor with his wife, and the pair danced to the song with dozens of partiers circling the pair.

Below is a video of the pairs dancing to the song "Come On Eileen" from Dexys Midnight Runners..

26 minutes ago, DrSpaceman10 said:

Here's a link about SA referencing the song and his wife. Unfortunately, it's on Canada Idiot's website, so click at your own risk. 

http://canadagraphs.weebly.com/arrow-blog/arrow-star-stephen-amell-and-his-wife-cassandra-jean-show-off-their-dance-moves-at-fuck-cancer-event-in-vancouver

I mean CG can't even remember what was said...so SA could easily like the song and it could have nothing to do with the wife.

(edited)

My head canon is that it has nothing to do with his wife. fingers in ears lalalal

59 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

Just idle speculation, but I wonder if the wedding will happen over the summer and show up in flashbacks.

They couldn't be that stupid, could they?  It does seem strange though that DR has been given permission to tease an Olicity wedding.  AS has SA apparently.

Edited by statsgirl

An Olicity wedding tease? It's not even my birthday. Confetti!

It wouldn't surprise me if they put it in the crossover or turn Feb/May sweeps into a crossover with guest appearances by Barry and Sara, etc.

I lean more on the Crossover/Crossover since they are talking about it now. 

21 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

It's the fans who can't separate reality from fiction? Whatever works for him!

Hehe

• Love 1

I'm inclined to think that the wedding is happening in the first half of the season because they're talking about it so early. And because February sweeps events tend to be negative to set up conflict story arcs for May sweeps. 

• Love 4

I'd like a wedding in 620 purely because I kinda like the 320, 520 almost tradition. Haha. But I'm at the point that I don't care when it happens just as long as it happens tbh. And I agree, if they're teasing it already it makes me think maybe it's in 6a. IDK.

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

They couldn't be that stupid, could they?  It does seem strange though that DR has been given permission to tease an Olicity wedding.  AS has SA apparently.

At most I could picture them skipping the reengagement and having them just start out 601 engaged just to avoid having to write another proposal scene to try to rival 409, but that's it. If they were so set on showing their first date, their first time, their proposal, their "vows," etc. I doubt they would want to skip anything at this point.

I'm wondering now if 601 just has a re-proposal and that DR and SA are just bouncing off from there because of the plot point checklist method that the writers use, since that could fit SA's tease from before with the "please say yes" quote or him saying that Olicity fans would be happy with where s6 would be going. Or maybe everyone is all-in on skipping the drama between them that they just want them together foreva as soon as possible in 6a to push their relationship as support into the background.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Chaser said:

An Olicity wedding tease? It's not even my birthday. Confetti!

It wouldn't surprise me if they put it in the crossover or turn Feb/May sweeps into a crossover with guest appearances by Barry and Sara, etc.

Sara and Ray for Sure, cause ya know Exes showing up at Weddings are fun! 

Barry is always possible since he's one of the few guaranteed ratings boosters.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

The only thing I want for Oliver/Felicity's potential wedding is for Sara and Ray to not be there, haha. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:
21 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Nyssa will definitely be there for the lulz. 

Can a Deputy Mayor marry people? Lian Yu shot gun wedding?

• Love 1

I'm team small and intimate, for an Olicity wedding. I'd prefer it not be a crossover & to be something small with just Arrow cast (and Iris and I know that makes no sense but she my other fav) tbh... but if it happens, with my luck, it'll be the crossover with everyone.

• Love 3

I'm almost afraid to get my hopes up too high, but the tone of the Cons regarding Olicity seems much more positive this year. I used to want a crossover wedding, but now I'm leaning towards something much smaller and intimate, maybe with just Thea, Digg, and a surprise appearance by Roy.

• Love 6

I want an Olicity wedding episode to be an OTA episode too (like Underneath). I want some focus on Oliver and Thea and Felicity and her Mom.

The chances of that happening in a crossover episode are not good.

• Love 1

I could see something happening to prevent Barry and Iris from being able to get married on their Save The Date and Olicity takes it over instead but I really, really don't want that to happen.

28 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

I'm inclined to think that the wedding is happening in the first half of the season because they're talking about it so early. And because February sweeps events tend to be negative to set up conflict story arcs for May sweeps. 

I'm not feeling a crossover wedding although I can't rule it out. If it's early in the season, I suspect it'll be 609 since they do big Olicity stuff in those episodes