Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Just now, bijoux said:

In bothe the promos there is something or someone flying through the trees, but I can't make out who or what. Edward Cullen?

It's someone getting hit by that trap Oliver set from 314. No idea who's getting hit or who's standing next to it, but my gut says flashback.

Also, seeing right after it is Boomerang throwing a boomerang towards Thea, Samantha, and Malcolm, I wonder if Thea and Samantha (and subsequently Malcolm) stay behind and that's going to be the moment of Malcolm sacrificing himself for Thea and the obligatory moment of at least one of the villain alliances going bad.

• Love 2
(edited)

Maybe since Chase is "blah blah 10 steps blah blah" kidnapping William is not actually the final move? 

I guess it's just wishful thinking at this point that 523 is going to have anything that's not about Boy and his mother. It's just a weird choice to me, the kid is important to Oliver but not the show if that makes sense? 

Kidnapping everyone really dilutes the stakes rather than if they just took the kid or Thea. I'm actually starting to convince myself that the cliffhanger might be Felicity related because they got them back on a romantic footing pretty quickly for some reason? Nyssa was forced to marry a dummy and it would have been less impactful sans 320. Engagement then Felicity getting shot. 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 1

For once I'm hoping Wendy is right when she says Diggle and Felicity play a key role in the finale because the lack of Felicity in the promo is just irritating.

Unless it's that asshole at CW who hates Felicity who cut the promo.

• Love 4
57 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

Kidnapping everyone really dilutes the stakes rather than if they just took the kid or Thea.

I think they wanted an excuse to bring back a lo of people from the past (e.g. Slade, Nyssa, Boomerang, KC) and they would have to have a lot of peple kidnapped to justify it.  It also ties in with the father/son theme that Robert and Oliver had in the pilot.

But you're right in that it's less impactful though.

2 hours ago, insomniadreams88 said:

It's very possible that the finale picks up with them already in those cages, Chase elsewhere, and the only possible Felicity/Chase interaction would then come after Oliver defeats him? And it seems very unlikely that it would happen then? 

I think when Chase is defeated, it's going to be All About Oliver.  It is his show, after all, an the end of his five journey flashback journey.

2 hours ago, bijoux said:

In bothe the promos there is something or someone flying through the trees, but I can't make out who or what. Edward Cullen?

Now I really want to see Oliver doing that Tarzan swinging through the trees that he did in 2.01.

• Love 2

SA keeps focusing on the "See you on the boat" line. Is William being held on a boat or something? IDK. It's possible I'm reading too much into this.

Also yay for Malcolm's death. It probably won't be the violent throat cutting I've wanted but oh well. Job done. LOL.

11 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

SA keeps focusing on the "See you on the boat" line. Is William being held on a boat or something? IDK. It's possible I'm reading too much into this.

Also yay for Malcolm's death. It probably won't be the violent throat cutting I've wanted but oh well. Job done. LOL.

I thought the same thing..that it's the last part of his plan and it involves the dumb child. I'm wondering though why Oliver wouldn't go look for a boat the moment he gets there..

(edited)

Didn't Chase get the others there via plane as well? Why would there be a boat? I am really scared of the fact that he says 'see you' because if that is part of the cliffhanger then he might not see anyone. 

Edited by Belinea
Just now, Midnight Lullaby said:

I thought the same thing..that it's the last part of his plan and it involves the dumb child. I'm wondering though why Oliver wouldn't go look for a boat the moment he gets there..

Because Oliver can be dumb. Haha.

Yeah, I think the whole plan hinges on William tbh which I find ridiculous but it is what it is.

And doesn't something explode in this episode? Maybe William is being kept on a boat just off the island and it's rigged or something. IDK. But Chase is always ten steps ahead so I do think the boat thing is a clue. He wouldn't say it otherwise.

4 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Because Oliver can be dumb. Haha.

Yeah, I think the whole plan hinges on William tbh which I find ridiculous but it is what it is.

And doesn't something explode in this episode? Maybe William is being kept on a boat just off the island and it's rigged or something. IDK. But Chase is always ten steps ahead so I do think the boat thing is a clue. He wouldn't say it otherwise.

Maybe Chase doesn't think Oliver would find him if he doesn't tell him. He had to tell him he kidnapped Susan and his kid so I understand the concern, LOL.

Maybe Oliver saves William, thinks it's over and something happens to the rest of the team..

• Love 1
(edited)

I think that scene of Oliver running will be towards the explosion? 

So Oliver has beaten up Chase for answers how many times now? And how many times has that worked out for him? From all the promo it looks like he's fighting Chase again and not looking for William. So I don't think William is the final play because Chase wasn't really hiding it and everyone is all split up. Unless we get some horribly acted father/son bonding scenes to tide us over til October.

16 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

Maybe Chase doesn't think Oliver would find him if he doesn't tell him. He had to tell him he kidnapped Susan and his kid so I understand the concern, LOL.

Maybe poor William inherited his crayon eating tendencies from his father. 

IMG_3070.GIF.663077beb49e159180a5ee0c1d1eb9e9.GIF

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 4
15 minutes ago, Belinea said:

Didn't Chase get the others there via plane as well? Why would there be a boat? I am really scared of the fact that he says 'see you' because if that is part of the cliffhanger then he might not see anyone. 

Chase flew there on a plane but, when they were moving Lance/Thea he made a crack about shipping containers.

The shipping containers makes me think boat but that would take forever to get to Lian Yu.

(edited)

I wonder if Felicity, Thea, Lance and Samantha will be out looking for William while the others are fighting?

Edited by Guest
4 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Chase flew there on a plane but, when they were moving Lance/Thea he made a crack about shipping containers.

The shipping containers makes me think boat but that would take forever to get to Lian Yu.

Not if the boat went through the magical portal that allows them to travel to/from Nanda Parbat/Detroit(?) for Vixen/etc. whenever they want in what always seems like a really short time. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Not if the boat went through the magical portal that allows them to travel to/from Nanda Parbat/Detroit(?) for Vixen/etc. whenever they want in what always seems like a really short time. 

True. I forgot about that magic portal. 

27 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I wonder if Felicity, Thea, Lance and Samantha will be out looking for William while the others are fighting?

Thea and Samantha are with Malcolm (who's not in the big battle line-up), but Curtis, Lance, and Felicity seem to be separated from everyone else, which is kind of why I think that they are out looking for William while Oliver and the rest take on the threat at hand since what else would the three of them do? Nothing?

• Love 1
(edited)

This is getting confusing. 

It makes sense that Team Brawn and Team Villain go after Chase. If Team Brain is looking for Boy, what is Team Bad Parent doing? Samantha would probably only care about looking for the kid, no? 

Chase has outright threatened Thea, Felicity and William and they are all separated on the island. Am I overthinking? Yes, I am. 

Edited by leopardprint
(edited)

Maybe Team Brain and Team Bad Parent are both looking for Crayola? Apparently this is a huge island with Temples,  Magic Caves and Subs so 2 teams needed to find little Crayola.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Maybe Team Brain and Team Bad Parent are both looking for Crayola? Apparently this is a huge island with Temples,  Magic Caves and Subs so 2 teams needed to find little Crayola.

Yeah, that can be part of Malcolm's "redemption," trying to help save the kid along with helping/protecting Thea.

1 hour ago, leopardprint said:

Chase has outright threatened Thea, Felicity and William and they are all separated on the island. Am I overthinking? Yes, I am.

Heck, continue to overthink. Theories are always as fun (or more so) as the actual show. 

My hope for a key role for Felicity in this just went down after seeing the script cover and realizing there's no "Story by Greg Berlanti" on it. I think most if not all of season finales credited Greg with the story. If this is all Guggenheim, then IMO the likelihood of this being all masks, plot and no heart just went up. 

• Love 10
(edited)
2 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Could that be the boat?  Chase brought it up from the bottom of the sea

Edited by statsgirl

A probably not very likely theory: Chase and his team blow up any planes on the island, and the only way off the island will be by boat, and Oliver isn't going to leave Chase on the island but bring him back with him and Chase knew this, hence the "see you on the boat." And maybe Chase will have left William on this boat? 

(edited)
1 hour ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

My hope for a key role for Felicity in this just went down after seeing the script cover and realizing there's no "Story by Greg Berlanti" on it. I think most if not all of season finales credited Greg with the story. If this is all Guggenheim, then IMO the likelihood of this being all masks, plot and no heart just went up. 

It's not all MG. It's written by MG and WM. WM takes a lot of hits for TOD, but she's written strong character episodes. Underneath, Dark Waters, The Fallen, Restoration, etc.

MG and WM have both written awful episodes (common thread being LL episodes lol), but they have strong episodes too. 

Looking thru the list, I had no idea MG hasn't written a whole lot. His best episodes look to be in S2 (he wrote State v Queen). Has some decent Teleplay credits tho.

Basically I think there is an equal chance the episode could be really terrible or really good. Lol

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 11
(edited)

Oh no, they wrote 423 together.

Is the power of positive thinking going to beat Chase? 

Oh wait, the power of William's positive thinking is going to inspire Oliver to beat Chase. Legacies, fathers...blah blah.

Since they will tie it to the theme of legacy, I think the boat must either be a recreation of the life raft like @Chaser suggested or the Gambit. I can't keep what Chase actually wants from Oliver straight so how would Oliver killing himself like RQ to save Boy fit into that? I would think the final setup would be to prove to William, with his keen sense of danger, that Oliver is a killer? 

Edited by leopardprint

I wouldn't be surprised if Chase recreated the Gambit because he is the definition of extra. Was the outdoor prison set up already on Lian Yu or is that what Chase has been doing in his off screen time? He wasn't taking a vacay in Bali; he was 34 steps ahead building an island prison and temple set for the final battle!

• Love 1
(edited)
10 hours ago, way2interested said:

It's someone getting hit by that trap Oliver set from 314. No idea who's getting hit or who's standing next to it, but my gut says flashback.

Also, seeing right after it is Boomerang throwing a boomerang towards Thea, Samantha, and Malcolm, I wonder if Thea and Samantha (and subsequently Malcolm) stay behind and that's going to be the moment of Malcolm sacrificing himself for Thea and the obligatory moment of at least one of the villain alliances going bad.

If Malcolm dies via Boomarang, I will be disappointed.   This is a guy that could catch arrows.   A boomarang should be something he can handle.  He could just swat it away with the mechanical hand.  But yeah Cap Boomarang would be the villain to betray them and probably die since we don't really care about his character at all.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 2

Are they just going to let raging Deathstroke go off to have a happy life after this?

I dunno it seems really weird. He was so angry and ragey and now he's just going to chill and help Oliver.

Ok now I'm praying Crayola (such a tarnish to the brand which makes really awesome crayons imo - I'm partial to using crayons myself) and his dumbass mother will move back to Central City and Oliver will visit them in offscreenville  (and maybe not get mentioned a lot). Then when we get Olicity babies some of us can block em out as if they didn't really exist.

My nightmare is my beloved Felicity in some kind of step parent plot! PLZZZZZZ ANYTHING BUT THIS!!!!! I'd take an amnesia ship stall over a Felicity parents moronic Crayola plot!

Yeah, I think frog eating clones and amnesia plots are more likely than the trials and tribulations of step parenting.  It may be a case of careful what you wish for, but I don't see a lot of William happening on screen next season.  Probably a bunch of mentions, but he's really only good for kidnappings right now.  

• Love 4
(edited)

I don't think they actually want to show Oliver parenting Boy, they just want to talk about Oliver being a father because apparently only fathers matter on this show. (Dads are super great but like non fathery people can be important too?) I'm sure that's why Slade will help because of his precious son he never mentioned once in S2. Maybe Slade and Oliver can rebond over the sons they never think about. 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 9
45 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

I don't think they actually want to show Oliver parenting Boy, they just want to talk about Oliver being a father because apparently only fathers matter on this show. (Dads are super great but like non fathery people can be important too?) I'm sure that's why Slade will help because of his precious son he never mentioned once in S2. Maybe Slade and Oliver can rebond over the sons they never think about. 

I'm suddenly picturing Oliver swinging from the trees to scoop up Felicity and then go swimming with their son, Boy. LOL

• Love 3

I'm sure that's why Slade will help because of his precious son he never mentioned once in S2. Maybe Slade and Oliver can rebond over the sons they never think about. 

I could also see Slade kidnapping William and raising him as his own son after the rescue.  William will probably remind him of the son he lost.
(Arrow:Vengeance mentioned that after the island, Slade spent most of his time with his son, but then Joe was killed sometime before Arrow S2 in part because of Slade's obsession with Oliver, so he blamed Oliver for Joe's death).

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

Maybe Oliver doesn't know..He thinks Samantha and William are safe and only the audience sees Slade taking him. I'd love that, PLEASE. He can come back evil when adult (played by a decent actor).

That's just too awesome for this show! 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, bijoux said:

I don't think it can be anyone but ST.

I agree. Those guesses in the replies, though. Sometimes I forget how those of us here are so on top of spoilers that the rest of the audience really has no idea.

• Love 2
(edited)

Was there any reason given why Roy couldn't come back? This is like a perfect setup to bring him back but I guess the actor is busy. 

That would have been a great scene if the person who walked into the lair was Roy and he said "I heard you needed help." Poor Roy, always left in a puddle. 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

The paps confirmed (I think Ken) that Susanna will be in the finale :)

Ah! I've gotten behind on my Arrow spoilers. I've been busy obsessing over SPN shenanigans! Thank you!

I don't know where to put this but I have a question. Last year when Oliver used his magic tattoo didn't the tattoo disappear from his lower right side? For some reason that's what I remember. I noticed it was still there in 5x20 and that fb sex scene occurred after the magic took place.  Thanks.