Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

At the beginning when Oliver says "they're picking us off one by one" I guess that means BS goes after Tinah (shots of them at the Queen mansion), Stardust/WD on the roof ... who goes after Curtis? Artemis (I don't think I saw her in that sizzle reel)? Talia's goons seem to have gone after Diggle and Felicity. Anyone see who went after Thea?  

29 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Yeah, I'd say Felicity was finding Oliver irresistible (cause that's the look I see in her eyes, just everything she loves and wants right there in her arms) but that wouldn't do since they hadn't worked out their issues so she scooped up the first decent guy to date as a reminder that Oliver was off limits.   

I can see Felicity thinking this. How easy it would be to just pick things back up but nothing would have changed. I do want to know what signaled that for her. Something Oliver said that told her he still thinks the same way? Stephen had mentioned the issue between Oliver and Felicity is trust, or the lack of it.  

• Love 1

Maybe Felicity wanted to have a deeper conversation about his decision regarding William and Oliver stonewalled her because what's done is done. That signaled to her that he still wasn't going to be as open and honest with her as she wants. The present day conversation will include William so maybe Oliver decided to be totally open now, telling her about Chase among other things. 

Now I am assuming that Felicity is the one who didn't want to get back together. Playing devil's advocate, maybe Oliver didn't want to reconcile because Felicity wants a family and he feels like he can't have one or she asks for something else he can't give her. The 505 conversations were very odd to me. It seemed like the status of their relationship had been decided already with Oliver asking Felicity, sort of dismissively, if she was keeping the door open but then being surprised she had moved on already. 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 1
39 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

At the beginning when Oliver says "they're picking us off one by one" I guess that means BS goes after Tinah (shots of them at the Queen mansion), Stardust/WD on the roof ... who goes after Curtis? Artemis (I don't think I saw her in that sizzle reel)? Talia's goons seem to have gone after Diggle and Felicity. Anyone see who went after Thea?  

She's shown pointing a gun at someone on the island. The way the trailer is cut it looks like it's Thea and Samantha, but who knows if it turns out to be them in the episode.

• Love 1

This is really irrational but you know what makes me nervous? When Jbuffy keeps predicting that Olicity will reunite before the season ends.

She's been wrong with just about everything and all her ships fail (Stelena, Buffy and Angel) so whenever I read that website and all the positivity I feel doomed! I'm generally quite enthused when I hear other people be positive but something about her being repeatedly wrong makes me feel like she's going to curse Olicity! 

Wasn't she the one who was convinced they would get married in S5 as well?

Edited by Mellowyellow
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

This is really irrational but you know what makes me nervous? When Jbuffy keeps predicting that Olicity will reunite before the season ends.

I'm looking at it this way: they've been saying they're going to see where the chemistry takes them. And we're getting 520 and what's clearly going to be a whole lot of crazy chemistry. So what would they then say over the summer if Olicity isn't together again? Can't give that chemistry line because people would just point to 520. Go to the whole "friends, working as exes" line again?

(And I'm going to say that they knew the chemistry would obviously be there in 520 since they've had them so distant all season because it would overshadow the other LIs, so they planned the rest of the season with that in mind.) 

Just my opinion. But it's true that we never know with this show, especially lately. 

• Love 3

I don't think Jbuffy has been right about anything except last season she predicted that Laurel was the one in the grave. She called it really early in the season. So she has been right when it really counts, lol.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 9

@Mellowyellow, whatever happens with Olicity will be better than the current situation even if they don't get married, have 4 children and a puppy by 523. If, for some unlikely reason, they hardline staying apart then you can finally move on and be free of this show.

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 1

Awww thanks for the pep talk guys! You guys are the best!!!!! *HUGGLES*

@insomniadreams88 you are right it would be ridiculously moronic to give us 520 and that bloody screenshot if they plan to bring in new LIs and not go with an Olicity endgame. Granted these people are pretty stupid but still, good luck recreating that shot with ANYONE else! May that shot haunt you forever as you try to launch your lame new ship!!!!!!!

Haha can you all tell that I REALLY LOVE that shot! It may just beat 320! 

It looks like some sort of bad thing or new big bad is going to happen in 523. I'm thinking it will almost be like a season premiere. I'm going to think of it that way rather than a cliffhanger! Hate cliffhangers! 

3 minutes ago, Belinea said:

So why is SA on a boat? Is that supposed to be part of the shoot or are they just getting him home?

I'm assuming part of the shoot since Stephen said "See you on the boat" was a dialogue tease for 5x23.

2 hours ago, LeighAn said:

So if Stephen is saying he has wrapped are the paps wrong? I thought they were saying Stephen plus others were filming today and weren't wrapping? 

I think he has wrapped, but there is still some filming to be done today, MG also mentioned filming ending on Friday.

1 hour ago, LeighAn said:

I'm assuming part of the shoot since Stephen said "See you on the boat" was a dialogue tease for 5x23.

He did? I forgot about it. 

1 minute ago, Primal Slayer said:

Isn't today the last day of shooting? Since KC hadn't left VC im going to assume that she finishes today.

How about Paul? Maybe they are filming together. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Primal Slayer said:

Hopefully they are. 

I am actually intrigued to see how Quentin will handle BS. Yes it's an evil version but they are an alternate version of your child from another earth. I don't know if I could resist the urge to try and mother the look alike simply because I cannot cope with the idea that my child is really gone. 

There are so many ways they could write this to actually make it interesting!

Lol now that I've said that, watch them do the worse thing possible (I actually think that's hard in this case but it wouldn't surprise me!)

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I am actually intrigued to see how Quentin will handle BS. Yes it's an evil version but they are an alternate version of your child from another earth. I don't know if I could resist the urge to try and mother the look alike simply because I cannot cope with the idea that my child is really gone. 

Lol now that I've said that, watch them do the worse thing possible (I actually think that's hard in this case but it wouldn't surprise me!)

It would be much easier to handle Quentin trying to see good in BS than Oliver. 

• Love 14
6 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

Well she does love chaining up family members just like E1 Laurel. 

I'm wondering if she'll be obsessed with him. Keep him around, have an internal meltdown and not know what quite to do about him but not being able to kill him. 

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I had the same thought, as a mother, I don't think I could detach myself from the other of my daughter version, evil or not, that's still my baby, even though it's not, I don't think my heart would be able to tell the difference.

I hope they do it justice.

• Love 4

KP says Arrow is filming in multiple studios. The punkd account lists SA DR JS DL KL JH KC and a few others (I'm assuming EBR PB and RG) are filming. SA keeps saying he's wrapped S5.

I think the paps are just bad at being wrong/misinformed. They were all "Manus not filming didn't you hear us?!?! Marc and Stephen are liars" to. Now Marc and Stephen are saying they've wrapped after the paps have gone on the record saying the shows still filming so they get a bee up their bonnet about it. 

I highly doubt Stephen would lie about wrapping the show. It's more likely they are filming something not involving Stephen like maybe 2nd unit or something, or even pick ups for another Ep perhaps?

• Love 2

MG said they were filming to Friday. I don't doubt they are, it just surprised me to see SA keep posting about him wrapping S5 when Paps are saying he has another full day. Even if it's just stunt work, they are filming. It was just confusing too me. 

I also read that EBR has wrapped, but I don't know the source on that.

Edited by Chaser

That shot of Delicity and the overturned van looks like it's from 5x21 based on what MG has said, so when do they get taken to the island? I had assumed at the end of 5x22 because of the birthday stuff in 5x22. Maybe they are just attacked in 5x21? 

So many questions. I'm bored. 

• Love 1
Just now, Chaser said:

That shot of Delicity and the overturned van looks like it's from 5x21 based on what MG has said, so when do they get taken to the island? I had assumed at the end of 5x22 because of the birthday stuff in 5x22. Maybe they are just attacked in 5x21? 

Wait, what did he say that made it seem like 521? If anything, the "flipped" jokes kind of support that it's more near the end of 522/start of 523.

6 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I might be mixing up episodes. MG said he witnessed a Delicity stunt and he hashtaged it flipover. I thought that was during 5x21? 

No, it's 5x22 (the quote you were referring to didn't indicate an episode number, but he referenced being on set "last night" for it. That was during filming for 23):

amellybett asked:
can you use a word to describe felicity in 522?

Dead.
Kidding.
Seriously, I’d say… “flipped.”

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 2

So the child actor hasn't been spotted filming at all? I wonder if Chase only manages to get Samantha or they are able to hide the kid? Maybe they send him off with Lyla. 

Honestly, at the moment, I can't accept that Chase is going to capture everyone and transport them to the island. It's beyond extra into Rube-Goldbergian...Talia is a terrible revenge mentor.

23 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

Honestly, at the moment, I can't accept that Chase is going to capture everyone and transport them to the island. It's beyond extra into Rube-Goldbergian...Talia is a terrible revenge mentor.

If that scene of Diggle and Felicity in the trailer is of them getting captured - he doesn't. Talia's non-league league people are surrounding them, so it looks like it's a multi-person kidnapping operation. 

ETA: I haven't had coffee yet - I just realized maybe you meant that just kidnapping everyone and taking them to the island was ridiculous in general - not the logistics of it - in which case I agree, haha.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1

Watching the reel again,  gotta wonder whether they'll send Rene's kid away or are they going to use the two of them as a dry run for when and if they decide to actively make Oliver a dad on the show. Because, the logistics for the daughter sticking around are not good. One, the girl is both too old not to notice her dad being away all night and showing up with new wounds and too young to be let in on the secret IMO. Two, unlike Dig who has Lyla and through her her resources at ARGUS, Rene doesn't have support aside from the team, who are all doing the same thing at the same time he does. Do, unless she's sent away, what are the options? They play rock, paper, scissors over who stays behind and babysits, or Curtis reconciles with Paul, and Paul takes care of her? Horrid thought - they dump her on Thea.

24 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

So the child actor hasn't been spotted filming at all? I wonder if Chase only manages to get Samantha or they are able to hide the kid? Maybe they send him off with Lyla

I don't recall the paps ever spotting the kid on set, just the actress who plays Samantha.

According to KP, pretty much everyone besides SA is still filming today. James Bamford also said they were still shooting. I don't think they film in order so it might not have anything to do with the final scene, but if everyone besides SA is still doing scenes, could "see you on the boat" be the last thing Oliver says to his gang on the island, and then something cliffhanger-y happens? Either everyone gets on the boat except him and it explodes, or somehow it leaves him behind on the island again?

Just now, Trisha said:

I don't recall the paps ever spotting the kid on set, just the actress who plays Samantha.

According to KP, pretty much everyone besides SA is still filming today. James Bamford also said they were still shooting. I don't think they film in order so it might not have anything to do with the final scene, but if everyone besides SA is still doing scenes, could "see you on the boat" be the last thing Oliver says to his gang on the island, and then something cliffhanger-y happens? Either everyone gets on the boat except him and it explodes, or somehow it leaves him behind on the island again?

MG explicitly said that scenario doesn't happen.

1 minute ago, bijoux said:

MG explicitly said that scenario doesn't happen.

Whew! Although if that line is important enough for a dialogue tease, it makes it seem like something happens so he doesn't end up seeing whoever he's talking to on the boat. Either they don't get on, or he doesn't?

Didn't Wendy say at the beginning of S5 that they weren't planning on putting Olicity back together at all this season? But again this is Wendy, so who knows. I just think it would be incredibly stupid of the show to wait until next season to do that. They already ended last season with them as friends. So what are they supposed to be at the end of this season? Closer friends? It's just stupid.

There's no buzz without Olicity. Just look at how the sizzle reel news was handled yesterday by media outlets. TV Line changed it's tweet 3 hours later because the first that just had Oliver in it couldn't even get to 100 likes 6 hours later). But the one with Olicity had more than 600 in 3 hours. THR knew to put Oliver & Felicity on their article and the tweet.

There's a part of me that thinks there's a "surprise" about Olicity. Didn't MG supposedly tell somebody that what happens in 519 leads to 520 and 522 "in the best way possible"? Maybe they just don't want to tip their hand. I can't decide whether it's stupid or genius. Would a "gotcha" matter if not a lot of people watch?

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

Didn't JH and RG say they had wrapped already? Or am I confusing them with EK and WH?

2 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Didn't Wendy say at the beginning of S5 that they weren't planning on putting Olicity back together at all this season?

Not that I recall.

3 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

There's a part of me that thinks there's a "surprise" about Olicity. Didn't MG supposedly tell somebody that what happens in 519 leads to 520 and 522 "in the best way possible"? Maybe they just don't want to tip their hand. I can't decide whether it's stupid or genius. Would a "gotcha" matter if not a lot of people watch?

If it's a good Olicity GOTCHA Fandom would go into crazy meltdown and spread the word anyway? 

Or they are banking on 520 generating enough goodwill people will watch regardless?

It's going to be tedious and bland if they don't resolve Olicity this season. They haven't said anything doom and gloom to discourage it like in 5A though so I'm holding a wee bit of hope that maybe we can have nice things after 520 as well. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, apinknightmare said:

Talia's non-league league people are surrounding them, so it looks like it's a multi-person kidnapping operation. 

No worries, Hahaha, oh yes, he's partnered with Lady Ra's and the Consortium of Ninja Hitpeople, how could I forget? 

56 minutes ago, bijoux said:

They play rock, paper, scissors over who stays behind and babysits, or Curtis reconciles with Paul, and Paul takes care of her? Horrid thought - they dump her on Thea.

Even though I hate how they dump non fighting tasks on the female characters, Thea Queen: Vigilante Nanny is a show I would probably watch though now I am picturing them dumping all the kids on Felicity while she's trying to be Overwatch because MG would think that's hilarious. (Ugh) 

So I think the mass kidnapping plan is stupid but maybe Chase makes a play on William at the end of 521 or beginning of 522. Oliver is distracted and irrational and runs around to save him, meanwhile Team Chase takes people over the course of the episode until the end when William is safe and Oliver realizes everyone else is gone? Chase then informs him during their romantic face off in the rain. Cue Merlyn appearing in the lair to look for Thea.

29 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

There's a part of me that thinks there's a "surprise" about Olicity.

I think they will at least land on a definite direction with Olicity because I think half the viewers are hanging by a thread there. I think Oliver or Felicity will unambiguously state they want to get back together and will work towards that if not actually together by 522 because 523 seems too crazy for DTR talks. Or maybe they run off to City Hall offscreen and there's a random comment about it. Ooh or maybe Oliver simply asks her out on a date? 

ETA: MG also said there would be a cool payoff to the Susan storyline. Unless it's the most nonchalant rescue of a girlfriend in TV history, they like to misdirect. Speaking of, I would think Susan's future scenes (looming like an axe over our heads) would fit better in 521 then 519 or 520 just judging from the episode description. 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 3

The cool payoff could be Susan writing a glowing article about the Green Arrow and he gets embraced by the city as its protector. I really hate the idea that Oliver would reveal his identity. That's writing themselves in a corner. They keep saying revealing his identity works better storytelling-wise and while that may have worked with regards to Diggle, Felicity and Thea, it also gave me LL in the lair and Susan, so nope! 

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 8
23 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

ETA: MG also said there would be a cool payoff to the Susan storyline. Unless it's the most nonchalant rescue of a girlfriend in TV history, they like to misdirect. Speaking of, I would think Susan's future scenes (looming like an axe over our heads) would fit better in 521 then 519 or 520 just judging from the episode description. 

They've also said that Susan was a good person and a good reporter, but we never saw that on-screen, so ... 

(Also, remember WM's comments about Oliver and Susan after the kidnappings? Either they deleted a whole lot of scenes or she really had no idea what was written in the script/coming across on-screen.) 

Basically, I'm not counting on seeing anything on-screen that matches up with what is said in interviews about Susan.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

The cool payoff could be Susan writing a glowing article about the Green Arrow and he gets embraced by the city as its protector. I really hate the idea that Oliver would reveal his identity. That's writing themselves in a corner. They keep saying revealing his identity works better storytelling-wise and while that may have worked with regards to Diggle, Felicity and Thea, it also gave me LL in the lair, so nope! 

This is the only reason it makes sense for Susan to come back at this point. GA's reputation is in shreds right now, so I assume part of her role is to write something that will rehabilitate it by the end of the season. Also, since the 521 description makes it seem like all of Chase's actions as a DA are being overturned, it sounds like the public will find out he's evil. Hopefully, that means all the stuff Chase pinned on GA (including the murder of his wife) will be exposed as false.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

(Also, remember WM's comments about Oliver and Susan after the kidnappings? Either they deleted a whole lot of scenes or she really had no idea what was written in the script/coming across on-screen.) 

You are referring to: 

"I mean, Susan’s still there. She’s on the show..." - WM 

Probably one of her few accurate comments. So many LOLs. 

5 minutes ago, Trisha said:

GA's reputation is in shreds right now, so I assume part of her role is to write something that will rehabilitate it by the end of the season.

I really hope it's for this reason and not to reveal his identity especially since literally everyone he knows is going to get kidnapped, but I could see Oliver saying "Screw it, secret identities don't work anyway, I'm telling everyone." 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 1