Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

8 hours ago, way2interested said:

Also, 

(along with Talia and Felicity, he adds later) Since Diggle, Lance, and BS weren't on set today, I wonder if they filmed a scene with Lance seeing E2 Laurel on the island last week.

Isn't "Digger" Diggle? And I really hope that's some lame autocorrect (he does it a lot) and not something worse.

8 hours ago, shadow2008 said:

Yeah, I tend to agree with that. I am a big Sara fan but her death in the season 3 premiere had a lukewarm reaction at best. Laurel's death definitely created more waves. As to why that was, I can only explain it with the whole name issue. Sara didn't have the right name, so her death was something most people expected and because they figured that it was ultimately going to propel Laurel to reach her comics destiny, they were probably okay with it. What truly gets to me is that Laurel was never that popular online until she was killed off. Reddit is probably the heartland of Laurel love, but even there, she was a divisive character at best until the grave pictures leaked. I think what may have happened is that many non-shipper viewers were dissatisfied with the overall direction of Arrow and Laurel's death served as the final tipping point. I also feel like Laurel and KC were somewhat martyrdized when she was killed off. All of a sudden, Laurel was this fantastic character - the best Black Canary ever - and KC this classy, Emmy-worthy talent who got thoroughly screwed over by the evil writers and producers of Arrow. I know there have been a lot of rumors about her BTS-behaviour over the years. I don't know if any of that was true or not, but if it was, I think bringing it out into the open would have definitely helped to combat the backlash a bit as more people would have understood the producers' decision to kill her character off. 

I definitely think that them bringing her back is part of a panic move due to the declining ratings - only that in this case, they are misreading the ratings decline and it won't stop the bleeding, anyway. The truth is, Arrow's ratings have been on a downward slope ever since the fall finale, which ended with a "Laurel is alive" cliffhanger. They did experience one positive ratings spike for Dinah's/BC 3.0's introductory episode, but that came on a very slow night of television (CBS was the only other network with original programming that night), so it's probably safe to assume that the episode in question was watched by a lot of casual viewers and/or ex-Arrow watchers. Unfortunately, her introduction was very lazily done, so the casuals didn't stick around for future episodes. Rabid Laurel fans, who were angry that their favourite was replaced by another character, would have also dropped the show within the first couple of episodes of Dinah's introduction. If the ongoing ratings decline has anything to do with Black Canary, it's because the writers still don't get it and the character continues to be horribly underused and underdeveloped - not because of anything related to Laurel.

I feel like we share a similar mindset with this. To me it seems like if it werent for s4 being so bad,it would only be her few fans raging over her death. Instead all of a sudden,everyone loves her. I believe next season more people will voice their negative opinion over her. Cause i know many are tired of her being shoved non stop,even after death. 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Isn't "Digger" Diggle? And I really hope that's some lame autocorrect (he does it a lot) and not something worse.

I think Digger might be Digger Harkness (Captain Boomerang) like someone mentioned upthread. I bristled at it when I read it, but I think he legit means Digger, haha.

Edited by apinknightmare
1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

I think Digger might be Digger Harkness (Captain Boomerang) like someone mentioned upthread. I bristled at it when I read it, but I think he legit means Digger, haha.

Ah, OK. Thanks

22 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

I think she's going to be around for the entire show's run as much as anyone would like to think otherwise.

I was actually wondering if this wasn't part of the deal so they could kill her off — that she appears in all 7 seasons of her original contract but at a much reduced time and much reduced rate for the latter seasons. I don't think she's going to be a regular like Stephen, Emily and David are regulars. She's going to be a regular like Willa and Paul and may even appear in fewer eps than they did in S5. It still doesn't make any logical sense to bring her back not even as Black Siren. It's not like her showing up in 510 was a ratings bonanza. But I don't think her return has anything to do with what she brings to the show (nothing, really) but more about BTS stuff. 

• Love 12

@SmallScreenDiva, interesting point, can an actress refuse to have her character killed off or are you saying the return was part of her contract buyout to kill her off? 

I still think she's coming back for a specific storyline, whether it's BS vs BC or otherwise, just don't let it be with Oliver, for the sake of not straining my eye rolling muscles though they're pretty strong after Susie Nonsense. 

3 hours ago, theOAfc said:

I feel like we share a similar mindset with this. To me it seems like if it werent for s4 being so bad,it would only be her few fans raging over her death. Instead all of a sudden,everyone loves her. I believe next season more people will voice their negative opinion over her. Cause i know many are tired of her being shoved non stop,even after death. 

I think some people view LL vs FS as sort of comic canon vs not comic canon and so with her death it was like "omg they killed comic canon." and that's why her death became a flashpoint ;) beyond just KC/LL's fans being bummed their fave was gone. Of course S4 also introduced ridiculous magic which made Oliver look hamstrung so whatever but fans are sometimes not the most rational. Tinah and BS coming back might be a sop towards that while they are likely putting Olicity back together. 

I'm concerned because MG answered someone on twitter that S6 was going to continue in the direction of S5. I don't think I can watch much more of S5's colossal idiot Oliver. Plainclothes Oliver leading a rag tag bunch of costumed villains around Lian Yu doesn't give me much hope though possible unintentional hilarity. 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

@SmallScreenDiva, interesting point, can an actress refuse to have her character killed off or are you saying the return was part of her contract buyout to kill her off? 

She can't refuse, BUT anyone with good lawyers, a heck of a management team and maybe some leverage can do wonders with contracts. And that's what I'm saying, that her return could be part of the dissolution of the original contract. We'll probably never know. 

Re: the paps list of who's in the finale, if Artemis is still there, what happened to BS? Only asking because of earlier spec that Artemis and BS would be partnering to help Chase. I'd be happy if she just helps with the breakout and gets knocked out of the fight early. 

I'm thinking she helps Chase as quid pro quo for breaking her out. She doesn't have specific reasons to hate Team Arrow other than baseline villainy, so maybe she cuts and runs? Unless the breakout happens for other reasons related to why Lyla will be on Flash. 

I am actually really curious about why Lance would go to Lian Yu leaving no one at the Mayor's office. Either Chase really kidnaps everyone which seems like a logistical nightmare or he's there for BS or Thea related reasons. 

Edited by leopardprint
1 hour ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Re: the paps list of who's in the finale, if Artemis is still there, what happened to BS? Only asking because of earlier spec that Artemis and BS would be partnering to help Chase. I'd be happy if she just helps with the breakout and gets knocked out of the fight early. 

In response to someone's question upthread about 521 (Honor Thy Fathers) spoilers, here are some key ones...

-- Per MG, this ep's Billy Joel song is "Surprises."
-- Per MG, the similarity of this ep's title to 102's title (Honor Thy Father) is "totally on purpose."
-- Per SA, this ep's title is a lot about Justin Claybourne and Robert Queen (fathers of Chase and Oliver).
-- Per MG, we'll learn the following in this ep: why the Deathstroke mask is back on the island and not floating in the Amazo; how Oliver learned to fly (and it wasn't by getting a lesson); and how Oliver got back on the island (and he wasn't alone).
-- Per papps, several flashback scenes were shot at Whytecliff Park (Lian Yu) for this ep, which involved SA alone or with David Nykl (Anatoly), and included the beach where the Deathstroke mask was stuck on a pike and the location where the four graves were located.
-- MG thought that WH was "particularly terrific" in this ep.
-- Derek Sampson (Cody Rhodes) will return in this ep.
-- Director Laura Belsey directed, and JBam staged, a fight scene in the staircase of Queen Elizabeth Theatre for this ep.
-- Per papps, two present day scenes involving two actors and then three actors were shot in or around the former Canada Post Building (labeled as Palmer Tech's "Robert Queen Applied Sciences" building) for this ep.  The show also filmed at the Plaza of Nations for this ep.
-- On the last scheduled shooting date for this ep, SA posted pic of himself in casual clothes and DR in Spartan suit, both standing in some kind of oatmeal-consistency liquid inside some concrete structure. 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, bijoux said:

He's covering his merman tails? What the crap did they do with the pilot wig? That one was luscious. This one is just sad, limpy and in need of deep conditioning.

Some people are suggesting this isn't necessarily flashback and it's some kind of flashforward or reset or something? IDK. I'm just ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Some people are suggesting this isn't necessarily flashback and it's some kind of flashforward or reset or something? IDK. I'm just ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

He mentions flashbacks in the post, so I'm assuming that's what it is.

Just now, lemotomato said:

He mentions flashbacks in the post, so I'm assuming that's what it is.

Yeah. I'm just wondering why he's blocked out his pants. We already know what he was wearing when he was rescued in the Pilot. Unless he's done it to get people talking which...mission accomplished. Haha.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

No, god no!!!! Better not be a fast forward with him looking like that!

16 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

That seems a little absurd though....does he get trapped on the island yet again where no one would look for him? Does go there again for solitude? Does it become his Fortress of Solitude where he can grow out his hair and beard in peace?

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Primal Slayer said:

That seems a little absurd though....does he get trapped on the island yet again where no one would look for him? Does go there again for solitude? Does it become his Fortress of Solitude where he can grow out his hair and beard in peace?

IDK? I'm not the one thinking this, haha.

2 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Nooooooooo!!!!! No grubby dirty people!!!!

Must admit the stuff they said about how the finale is shocking makes me think they could do something awful like this. 

8 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

IT WAS ALL A DREAM. 

Disclaimer: I'm kidding. 

Wow it was all a dream and we're back where season 1 started and Oliver is still madly in love with Laurel. 

Meanwhile KC is coming back as a series regular and when Oliver is finally actually rescued Laurel will be there for him and they'll fall back into each other's arms. And because this show follows the comics - it'll be like Rebirth - where none of them remember their history and so the sister swapping won't even matter here!

#LoliverIsEndgame

LMAO

Edited by wonderwall
4 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

Wow it was all a dream and we're back where season 1 started and Oliver is still madly in love with Laurel. 

Meanwhile KC is coming back as a series regular and when Oliver is finally actually rescued Laurel will be there for him and they'll fall back into each other's arms. And because this show follows the comics - it'll be like Rebirth - where none of them remember their history and so the sister swapping won't even matter here!

#LoliverIsEndgame

tumblr_inline_n9lx6jV6Bk1rvvyzv.gif

• Love 1

Thank you for the people who self moderated.  

A reminder to everyone, just because Angry Baby is retired, doesn't mean it's ok to be uncivil to other posters.  This includes telling people their opinion is ridiculous and sarcastically mocking their fandom.  

You guys are passionate and articulate posters.  Don't let that passion cross the line into mob mentality. 

In short, more this:

funny-wholesome-animal-memes-51-58f0cbb9c3b41__700.jpg

• Love 6

Are those capybaras?  It's like a Jurassic guinea pig.

1 hour ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Maybe he's covering up his Chicken legs? ??

On the other hand, it looks like his biceps have grown about 5 inches each.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Angel12d said:

Why has he blurred out his lower half? LOL.

Also he looks like he's aged by about 15 years, haha.

I'm guessing the reason why he blurred his lower half is because he's still in his own clothes and not necessarily completely costumed/transformed into S1-island Oliver. Otherwise, if this is for a flashback to S1-island Oliver then where are his scars and tattoos?