Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Just now, apinknightmare said:

Yeah, tonight she showed what seemed like genuine concern for Oliver after he rescued her - she wasn't angry at him, just wanted to see Chase fry, so...yes, she's really going to turn out to be "good."

And he was all...OKAY SAVED YOU. BUH BYE NOW LOL

• Love 7

Maybe they never got back together after 14? I know people assumed Susan was meeting Oliver for Dinner but, that obviously wasn't the case since Oliver never even knew she was missing and had time to head to Napal or whatever.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I know people assumed Susan was meeting Oliver for Dinner but, that obviously wasn't the case since Oliver never even knew she was missing and had time to head to Napal or whatever.

I wonder, then, who she was meeting. And if that will be significant. Having said that, I'm not completely convinced that the writers even realize that there's a disconnect between Oliver heading off to Nepal and his meeting her for dinner. 

• Love 3

Didn't someone say Susan was going to feel betrayed by Oliver? Or is that just another thing they say that will never happen on screen?

Edited by Guest
4 minutes ago, bethy said:

I wonder, then, who she was meeting. And if that will be significant. Having said that, I'm not completely convinced that the writers even realize that there's a disconnect between Oliver heading off to Nepal and his meeting her for dinner. 

Yeah, them not having gotten back together and him not being the person she was going to meet for dinner would make the way Oliver acted in this episode make sense. But...I'm guessing it didn't make sense because they did get back together and he still acted like...that. LOL

Arrow being Arrow

2 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Kind of random, but looking at the promo for 517, I can't tell who the pictures on the wall are supposed to be. None of them looked like Prometheus' wall of photos of the team or anything. 

Since Chase says, "You affect every life you touch," my guess is that he's done a deep dive on Oliver/The Arrow's shitty deeds and has a back story for every person he's ever negatively affected and is gonna post their pictures on the wall for Oliver to look at as he tells him how he ruined their lives.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Kind of random, but looking at the promo for 517, I can't tell who the pictures on the wall are supposed to be. None of them looked like Prometheus' wall of photos of the team or anything. 

People Oliver killed or people that got killed because of Oliver?

9 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Since Chase says, "You affect every life you touch," my guess is that he's done a deep dive on Oliver/The Arrow's shitty deeds and has a back story for every person he's ever negatively affected and is gonna post their pictures on the wall for Oliver to look at as he tells him how he ruined their lives.

And I really hope Oliver is just all. " THIS IS BRAND NEW INFORMATION!!"

• Love 11
Just now, apinknightmare said:

In the preview, isn't Adrian yelling at Oliver to tell his secret or something like that? 

What other secrets could he possibly have that we don't know about, haha

Why do I have a feeling that it's not a secret secret but more of an emotional secret? Like something about Oliver deep down (evil, monster, hero ,etc). 

• Love 5

It just seems like a weird set-up to me. I did kind of figure that it would be Chase emotionally torturing Oliver as well with the people he badly affected/killed (which imo, could be stretching it quite a bit since a bunch of the people Oliver killed were already not good people, not advocating him just killing willy-nilly, but it kind of weakens an emotionally manipulative argument), but it kind of feels potentially shoe-horned like Claybourne was, though bringing up Oliver's kid still brings back the emotional weight, I feel.

2 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

It sounds like they're starting the usual end-of-the-season "break Oliver down, build Oliver back up" arc earlier than usual. I wonder why? In previous seasons they saved it for episodes 21-23

Gotta make room for the Olicity reconnection for those episodes? Or at least Felicity's plot to kick into the main plot since she finds out a "big secret" about Helix in 518?

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Why do I have a feeling that it's not a secret secret but more of an emotional secret? Like something about Oliver deep down (evil, monster, hero ,etc). 

SWERVE: Oliver and Chase had a drunken one night stand in Russia. Oliver doesn't remember. But it was the best night of Chase's life

• Love 23
12 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

In the preview, isn't Adrian yelling at Oliver to tell his secret or something like that? 

What other secrets could he possibly have that we don't know about, haha

11 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I will end up laughing if the secret to breaking Oliver is talking him to death, lol.  

• Love 6

Snoozan could have been meeting Oliver for dinner.  She gets kidnapped by Chase.  Felicity locates Talia.   Oliver calls her to cancel the dinner (not unusual) and tell her he has to leave town for a couple of days.  The call goes to voicemail so he leaves a message.  LOL!  In this case it's easy enough to fan wank but I think the show just isn't very good with details.

They've never officially reunited.  They made peace and she promised not to tell but they were interrupted before they could kiss and make up.  Chase reveals the outcome of the impeachment vote.  Oliver runs off to see Thea.  Next Snoozan's on her way to dinner.  We presume with Oliver.  She's kidnapped.  Oliver rescues her but there's not so much as a hug in that elevator afterwards.  Oliver is kidnapped.  Is Oliver freed/rescued in 5.17 or 5.18? According to the paps CP filmed during 5.18 & 5.19.  (One told someone in a DM that they haven't been together for a couple of episodes.)  Maybe she's hanging around awaiting his fate and when he's freed she realizes the writing is on the wall similar to Ray in 3.19/3.20.  She could actually be here through 5.23 in a reporter capacity or as a crime victim.     

Edited by Sunshine
  • Love 2

Susan's gonna be the best reporter to ever report and help take down Prometheus with her writing and stuff! See, she's truly good, guys! Oliver was right this whole time!

I'm only half kidding. Haha.

Is it possible they are together and will break up in 518? Sure. I just think it's equally as likely that they're not and the show doesn't bother to deal with it.

I mean seriously. How many times has this show just glossed over emotional stuff that we all expected they would deal with?

2 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Susan's gonna be the best reporter to ever report and help take down Prometheus with her writing and stuff! See, she's truly good, guys! Oliver was right this whole time!

I'm only half kidding. Haha.

I think that's why she's still around in 518/519 (no word on 520). I think she's going to expose Chase and help clear Oliver/GAs name.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I think that's why she's still around in 518/519 (no word on 520). I think she's going to expose Chase and help clear Oliver/GAs name.

Same. She'll be another ally.

Still don't know why they introduced her as shady if that was their plan all along but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Guest
9 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Still don't know why they introduced her as shady if that was their plan all along but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Because this is Arrow and it seems like the people who write/run this show have at most two brain cells to rub together between them. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 5

None of Susan's plot makes sense.  Even if you think that the kidnapping should have been Thea, it still doesn't make sense to introduce her as shady.  Oliver beating himself up isn't enough.

I think they are still together, just to makes things murkier now that Oliver is kidnapped and tortured for the flashback episode.  Do we know what Diggle etc will be doing while he's gone?

If we're getting the annual "break Oliver down" arc, does that mean the annual "Oliver shirtless on the gurney is coming?

7 hours ago, tv echo said:

The real-life answer is, yeah, I sure hope so because Emily [Bett Rickards] is the bomb. She brings such a great color to the show. Felicity is such a cool character. I’m excited to see how they are finally going to bring Chase and Felicity together. I’m very excited about that. The scenes I’ve done with Paul Blackthorne, watching Lance and Chase, are cool energies to balance out on screen. I want to act with everybody on the show.

http://www.cbr.com/interview-arrow-prometheus-josh-segarra/

Josh Segarra knows how to play the game -- much better than Rick Gonzales does.  Say nice things about the actress that  the fans like.

40 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

That fits into Talia teaching him to separate the man from the monster.

• Love 6

I hope this torture doesn't actually break Oliver down. Not after everything this dude has been through. I'd rather find out that Chase has been slipping him some weirdo drug which is causing him to look rough and be tired all the time. Maybe some Red Bull or Jolt. 

I'm so curious what's going to be in the sizzle reel at Paley, and I'm not sure if I'm mad or relieved that it's not a full Arrow panel. I'm guessing they won't spoil the rest of the season but maybe the next 3 to 4 eps.

ETA: New thought. I hope that instead of leading Oliver to declare himself a monster or whatever, that he has a big Buffy moment where instead of breaking down, he realizes that he IS a good guy, can rely on himself and his team, and be a big damn hero. I've had enough of Oliver being man-painy and conflicted. Get some confidence!

Edited by calliope1975
  • Love 20

Is 517 full on flashbacks no normal cast? Or just fb heavy?

1 minute ago, calliope1975 said:

I'm so curious what's going to be in the sizzle reel at Paley, and I'm not sure if I'm mad or relieved that it's not a full Arrow panel. I'm guessing they won't spoil the rest of the season but maybe the next 3 to 4 eps.

When are you going to see this thing and post it up for us?

2 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

The sizzle reel at Paley 2015 had scenes from 316-319

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Mellowyellow said:

Usually it's just really fb heavy but if we have Oliver kidnapped, I can imagine the present day stuff nearly all between Oliver and Chase.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

When are you going to see this thing and post it up for us?

It's Saturday at 2 pm PT. I'll post as soon as I get home. I promise to take notes. ?

Honestly, though, by the time I get home, everything will be all over Twitter. I'm sure someone's going to live blog it. (I can't remember if I had phone service last time I was in the Dolby Theater. I think I did.) I would live tweet it but I tend to get focused on the tweeting and not actually enjoying the experience. Maybe I'll try to post when they're focused on the other shows. 

Edited by calliope1975
  • Love 10

The problem is that if they created 'Shady Susan' as a misdirect- because plot twist!!!! she is actually nice and all things good and pivotal to taking down the big bad with her stella reporting skills, where is the pay off for the viewers? They established her as a bit shit, and having that not pay off in anyway just leaves it all flat. 

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

It's Saturday at 2 pm PT. I'll post as soon as I get home. I promise to take notes. ?

OMG I could wake up to more Olicity sex news. Or people raging if they release anything bad! I always gets nervous clicking on this thread in the morning!

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

Honestly, though, by the time I get home, everything will be all over Twitter. I'm sure someone's going to live blog it. (I can't remember if I had phone service last time I was in the Dolby Theater. I think I did.) I would live tweet it but I tend to get focused on the tweeting and not actually enjoying the experience. Maybe I'll try to post when they're focused on the other shows. 

I think you should just focus on enjoying the experience. When I went to Paley in 2015 I thought the cast interactions was the best part about it and the info they gave out wasn't particularly spoilery or revealing. The sizzle reel is something you might want to pay attention to, though, because they didn't let anyone record when they played it, and it won't be included in the Hulu replay of the panel.

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

I think you should just focus on enjoying the experience. When I went to Paley in 2015 I thought the cast interactions was the best part about it and the info they gave out wasn't particularly spoilery or revealing. The sizzle reel is something you might want to pay attention to, though, because they didn't let anyone record when they played it, and it won't be included in the Hulu replay of the panel.

Agreed.  Concentrate on the experience.  Someone else will have all the detailed details taken care of.  We'll rely on you for the unspoken stuff and general impressions and maybe some fact checking here and there.  

• Love 5