Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, calliope1975 said:

Hah! If they do the limo recreation of Olicity's accident with Suze, I will LOL forever. 

Oh, but this time he stays by her bedside because Oliver's learned from Felicity's accident. 

The problem with Susan as a "real love" for Oliver is that they haven't shown us on screen that she is a good person that should be trusted.  Oliver's talked about it, and his heart-to-hearts with her shows he is trusting her, but there is no actions on her part that she is trustworthy. I'm still laughing about the fact that I spent half a season theorizing about what the symbol on Susan's wrist was and Carly Pope was like "Whoops!  Makeup people didn't do their job!"

I am beginning to think that Talia is the big bad, but I can't figure out what she's punishing Oliver for.  Did he not complete the task he gave her?  Was she pissed off he killed her dad? 

• Love 5

I don't think they are or want to imply that Susan is a "real love" interest for Oliver at all. I think so far everything about their relationship screams as a distraction. Oliver didn't even have sex with her until she had to proposition him for it. To me, Susan seems like Oliver pretending to move on and not even trying to move on. 

• Love 11
Just now, Cleanqueen said:

I don't think they are or want to imply that Susan is a "real love" interest for Oliver at all. I think so far everything about their relationship screams as a distraction. Oliver didn't even have sex with her until she had to proposition him for it. To me, Susan seems like Oliver pretending to move on and not even trying to move on. 

From a plotting, meta perspective, I completely agree.  But in show, if Oliver is taking sides with his girlfriend against his sister and possibly telling her his secret, it shows that he does care about her and has gone "all in".

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, thegirlsleuth said:

they haven't shown us on screen that she is a good person that should be trusted.  Oliver's talked about it, and his heart-to-hearts with her shows he is trusting her, but there is no actions on her part that she is trustworthy. 

We also know nothing about Susan other than that she's a reporter ... who apparently really cares about Star City? The casting announcement said she came from Coast City but that's never even been mentioned onscreen, so maybe they forgot about that? (Or it'll come up if Felicity or Thea do some digging into her?) Every single conversation has been Susan finding out information about Oliver, wanting him to open up about his past, but she's said nothing about herself. 

• Love 2

what would an episode look like where we had to solve the issue of the day or the problem of the week with Oliver Queen as mayor as opposed to him gearing up as the Green Arrow. 

The thing is, I would find this interesting if they actually included more than just an info dump from Thea and then Oliver and shady Susan engaging in stilted conversation in his Mayoral scenes

5 hours ago, tv echo said:

Hector is certainly doing his best to promote 513, Wild Dog and BC (what, no complaints that Arrow is turning into the Wild Dog show?)...

Arrow Tackles Gun Control Debate + Supergirl’s New Romance
Published on Feb 13, 2017, by DC Entertainment

-- Hector: "And, on an all-new episode Arrow Wednesday night - let me be real with you guys right up front, this is my favorite episode of Arrow of the entire series. I'm not even kidding. I thought it was fantastic. After a traumatic attack at City Hall triggers a bunch of painful memories from Wild Dog, a/k/a Rene Ramirez, and causes Team Arrow to launch into a gun control debate, of all things, Oliver Queen has to figure out how to solve this problem. And he decides, he might have to do it as Mayor Queen, instead of the Green Arrow. Plus, in the flashbacks, we're getting all Rene Ramirez, a/k/a Wild Dog. It's awesome. We're getting his family life. We're learning how he became this family man that turned into this vigilante known as Wild Dog that we know today. It was stellar. It was so, so superbly done. I am not kidding you guys. I loved this episode. It was fantastic. And, in fact, I can say, without a doubt - I haven't checked in with him - this is Jason Inman's favorite new episode of Arrow. Plus, we've got a brand new Black Canary running around. Dinah Drake. What do we know about her? Can we trust her? Is she going to be able to step up to this mantle and be the Black Canary? Well, I don't know about that, but I do know that I've got an awesome comic book connection for you right now. Guys, if you want to read some more Black Canary kickass stuff, check out Birds of Prey, the storyline that's called Sensei and Student, issues numbered 62 to 67 from 2004, written by the legendary Gail Simone. It is about Black Canary traveling to China to see her sensei who trained her, but he's fallen ill and he's dying, and she's there to pay her respects. But when she's there, she meets who? Lady Shiva. And then she's got no choice but to have to team up with Lady Shiva for this awesome adventure. It is a fantastic character piece. You guys are not going to regret reading it. You guys are not going to regret watching Arrow Wednesday night."

It's not just me is it?  This part is weird, right?  Is there going to be a connection to that storyline or is he just really fond of a particular comic run?

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, ladylaw99 said:

Sorry not interested in WD past, present or future.  

Didn't something come recently about the popularity of the new recruits and the TPTB were surprised to learn that the ones they were aiming to keep around were not in fact fan faves?

• Love 1

I am not sure, but for me he rubbed me the wrong way in ep 1 and thou lately I am meh about him, I am not interested in anything about the character.  I want the stories about the characters I have invested in not the noobs.  Sorry.

2 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

It's not just me is it?  This part is weird, right?  Is there going to be a connection to that storyline or is he just really fond of a particular comic run?

Usually the comic plug for the Arrow episodes has nothing to do with the episode and has a flimsy connection at best. Even the connection here more seems to be, "oh, Dinah's a thing! Here's some BC comics!"

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, thegirlsleuth said:

From a plotting, meta perspective, I completely agree.  But in show, if Oliver is taking sides with his girlfriend against his sister and possibly telling her his secret, it shows that he does care about her and has gone "all in".

But he hasn't taken her side at all and he hasn't told her his secret.

• Love 2
Just now, Cleanqueen said:

But he hasn't taken her side at all and he hasn't told her his secret.

I was basing the "taking her side" thing on the spoiler about Thea, at least how I'm reading it. The telling her his secret was a pick up of the speculation earlier in the thread.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, thegirlsleuth said:

I was basing the "taking her side" thing on the spoiler about Thea, at least how I'm reading it. The telling her his secret was a pick up of the speculation earlier in the thread.

yeah well I was just discussing in terms of what we've seen thus far. 

16 minutes ago, LadyChaos said:

Didn't something come recently about the popularity of the new recruits and the TPTB were surprised to learn that the ones they were aiming to keep around were not in fact fan faves?

Matt Mitovitch (sp?) recently posted that he'd shared the results of a poll on who the favorite recruits were with Wendy Mercile (Rory at the top and WD waaaay at the bottom) and her response was, "Huh."

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

Samaire, is that you? If so, I like you, but I still have zero desire to watch WD in present or past tense.

and I can't believe no one announced her guest starring role on Arrow. I would say she's pretty well known. 

1 hour ago, BkWurm1 said:

Matt Mitovitch (sp?) recently posted that he'd shared the results of a poll on who the favorite recruits were with Wendy Mercile (Rory at the top and WD waaaay at the bottom) and her response was, "Huh."

I think this just furthers how out of touch they are about what fans like............I mean, they shouldn't cater to fans, but if continue to keep around people and casting roles people don't want on there, or alienating their fanbase .....people are going to stop watching and their ratings drop...

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, LadyChaos said:

..people are going to stop watching and their ratings drop...

I do wonder who they assume their audience is... They said that they can't survive on just comic book fans. But who else is supposed to watch the show at this point? People who are intrigued by Susan?

• Love 9

I've been pleasantly surprised by WD the past couple episodes so I wouldn't be so turned off by the backstory episode if it wasn't also a Very Special Episode with Mayor Oliver. I'm not watching Mayor Oliver and Reporter Snake.

• Love 6

Arrow writers are particularly tone deaf, aren't they? People want OTA, they think giving them n00bs is a great idea. Wild dong is the most disliked of the n00bs, let's make an esp episode all about him, complete with flashbacks and his own sad story. 

Arrow writers are also the idiots who forget what and how they have written the characters. They say that Wild dong is the only one who uses the guns, I am wondering what does Diggle use when out in the field? A ping pong bat? He has mentioned his glock far too many times and we have seen him using all kinds of firearms. These people make me wanna bang my head against the wall 

• Love 11
25 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

WTF. OTHER MEMBERS OF TEAM ARROW USE GUNS. AND OTHER METHODS OF INJURING/KILLING PEOPLE.

Hot mess. Hot hot mess.  

When the EPs have an agenda (issue or plot), they really don't care about consistency, logic or sense, do they? 

WM even said that Tinah is a cop who "knows how to handle herself with a gun.” (Jan. 25, 2017 ETonline article, page 52 of Spoilers thread) And former military guy Diggle has used guns since S1.

Apparently 513 is not only a vegetable, but it's "broccoli." Way to sell an episode, Marc.

ETA: I'm waiting for a fan to put together a video mash-up of past Arrow shoot-em-ups.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 5
12 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

WTF. OTHER MEMBERS OF TEAM ARROW USE GUNS. AND OTHER METHODS OF INJURING/KILLING PEOPLE.

Hot mess. Hot hot mess.  

Seriously, what the fuck are they even doing?

Every single person on Team Arrow has shot someone. Literally EVERY person.  What in the holy hell are they talking about??

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Hot mess. Hot hot mess.  

I think it's the type he uses plus he doesn't appear to have any other real skills. He's the guns a blazing type.  Have we seen him in a fight?

Just now, dtissagirl said:

Oh my dear lord Guggie is gonna tackle the issue of "discourse" as well as gun control? What's the over/under this guy starts a political fandom war tomorrow?

Seriously.  This is such a bad idea.  Okay, maybe this will be on Earth-24 where Team Arrow has never used a firearm ever??

Just now, catrox14 said:

Every single person on Team Arrow has shot someone. Literally EVERY person.  What in the holy hell are they talking about??

Plus, how are they even going to try to form an argument against it? The most I've got is that Oliver might feel responsible to do something about it as mayor but maybe he won't agree with it since the team uses weapons, but Diggle, Felicity, Thea, Lance, or Tinah being against the 2nd amendment or guns strides a lot into hypocrite territory.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, way2interested said:

Plus, how are they even going to try to form an argument against it? The most I've got is that Oliver might feel responsible to do something about it as mayor but maybe he won't agree with it since the team uses weapons, but Diggle, Felicity, Thea, Lance, or Tinah being against the 2nd amendment or guns strides a lot into hypocrite territory.

I cannot fathom any scenario in which any member of Team Arrow is going to be all OH NOES GUNS!!!!

I can't even.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, catrox14 said:

I cannot fathom any scenario in which any member of Team Arrow is going to be all OH NOES GUNS!!!!

Maybe Felicity, since she's got shot and paralyzed. But the show has forgotten all about that, apparently.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

Maybe Felicity, since she's got shot and paralyzed. But the show has forgotten all about that, apparently.

I will be shocked if the show ever brings that up again. 

Remember when she wanted to help people with the chip? The show doesn't. 

Edited by insomniadreams88
  • Love 10
Just now, lemotomato said:

Even then, within the same half season she used a gun to beat a metahuman who was going to kill her and Curtis. That's basically a pro-2a argument right there.

• Love 5

Maybe we should count our blessings. If you read the rest of that EW article (not quoted), they could've picked abortion as their issue...

With that in mind, finding the right topic for CW’s flagship superhero series was easy. “Gun violence felt like the right topic because of its topicality, but also because of the level of gun violence that is on Arrow,” Guggenheim says. “We could have done an episode on abortion, but that’s not really where the show lives. So gun violence really felt like the right thing to tackle.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Guns for crime fighting vs ak47s for personal use?  The idea of reasonable gun control?  (I'm not arguing either side just thinking how they might go about it.) I'm sure they think of their heroes as crime fighters. Wild Dog is the loose canon in the bunch, a little too trigger happy.  Luckily he can't hit the side of a barn. 

My guess is Starling City ends up with some sort of gun control laws.

Edited by Sunshine
33 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Seriously, what the fuck are they even doing?

Has Felicity? I know she shot at someone but, did she actually hit someone? I really can't remember. Not that it matters much for the argument, I just honestly can't remember if she hit the guy with her eyes closed.

Edited by Morrigan2575
Just now, Morrigan2575 said:

Has Felicity? I know she shot at someone but, did she actually hit someone? I really can't remember. Not that it matters much for the argument, I just honestly can't remember if she hit the guy with her eyes closed.

He got hit, that's why he left.

• Love 1

So what are they going to do? Lecture wild puppy because he is reckless with his guns? LOL. Dig's weapon of choice is a gun and Oliver shot one of the guys that kidnapped him at the beginning of this season so I can't see them making an argument against what he does without sounding like hypocrites. And they seem to me the only ones in the team he could be willing to listen to. There's Lance but one could make the argument that he wasn't particularly responsible himself carrying a gun while having a drinking problem like I imagine he has done in the past.

• Love 2

I don't want to keep making myself angry when I haven't seen the episode, but why are they making a big deal about Rene purchasing guns illegally for his vigilante work? WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU USE A GUN THAT COULD BE TRACED BACK TO YOU WHEN YOU ARE DOING ILLEGAL VIGILANTE STUFF. 

• Love 16

I don't see the point of the discussion in the first place. So, what, Team Arrow stops using guns forever? [But arrows and sonic waves are a-okay, amirite?] Because the other option is going, "eh, okay, we need the guns because the villains also have them", which is the status quo anyway.

This is gonna be so dumb.

• Love 12