Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I think Billy's purpose was for Oliver to be tricked into killing him. I'm not seeing anything from Felicity's arc that couldn't have happened if she hadn't been dating Billy. If Billy hadn't died, are we to believe that maybe she would have just used Pandora to free Diggle from prison? I don't see why that would be the case.

I think that Billy's purpose was for Oliver to be tricked into killing him, but it looks like it is only for plot purposes--the reporter starts investigating him--rather than for any sort of emotional resonance. 

The Susan situation is beginning to hinge on Oliver not talking to anyone about what's going on.  They are working hard to keep him from telling anyone what's up.  I appreciate the need to build tension, but this was the episode where it crossed into WTF is Oliver doing.

I kept noticing how much Talia and Susan had the same hairstyle.  I wondered if Talia could shapeshift, but of course that would go against the "back to basics" plan, plus the fact that if Susan=Talia, there would be no need for her to conduct an investigation of what happened in Russia--she would know. 

• Love 1
Just now, Trisha said:

I'm seeing lots of "Felicity is going to be arrested" talk on Twitter. Anyone know where that's coming from, or is it just spec?

Spec, I think from Oliver commenting he can't pardon her. I don't think it'll happen because Diggle was already arrested twice this season. We don't need any more arrests this season. 

• Love 3

In every scene with Oliver so far, Susan has had an agenda, right? "Oh, let's be friends while I name-drop Russia," "let me kiss you while you're clearly upset," "let me bring up the fact that we haven't slept together and then after we do for the very first time, let me ask you all about your past and this tattoo." What's going to be next? "Hi, Oliver, want to talk about how you feel about your ex-fiancee's BF being killed by the GA since that's the story I'm writing and BTW, do you like archery?" That wouldn't be a stretch with the 5x14 synopsis. 

• Love 8

In Susan's nefarious meeting with mysterious man in black - he doesn't strike me as a detective/PI more like a shady government/covert organization agent- they talked about three things:

1) he confirmed the "guys" (looked like more men than women, but whatever) in the picture were all Bratva, at which point Susan explained the tattoo and its significance as denoting a captain. So, she had done her homework on that.

2) she asks him about "that other thing".   He doesn't have any information. 

3) he shows her the Russian archer picture and they connect OQ to Russian Arrow/Green Arrow

So, I'm thinking that other thing is Talia.  I think she's the key to tying up all the plots and closing the final chapter on the first 5 seasons. Could she have anything to do with the people Robert Queen was cruising to China to meet? She seems to know a lot about and be very interested in the notebook.  I don't think she's going to be a villain  or working with Prometheus. She's the one who started Oliver on his hero's journey, if anything, I think she'll come back to help him win.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Spec, I think from Oliver commenting he can't pardon her. I don't think it'll happen because Diggle was already arrested twice this season. We don't need any more arrests this season. 

Plus, the police will be going after GA soon enough.

1 hour ago, apinknightmare said:

Yeah, that looks like Digg's fugitive shack. 

Huh, I thought it was an office setting.

4 hours ago, Cleanqueen said:

So she's setting up shop where Diggle was living when he was a fugitive. Dammit, I thought she was gonna live with Felicity back at the loft lol

Yeah, I loved that idea, too, but of course we can't have that! It would require the Arrow writers to write some personal conversations between 2 women that pass the Bechdel test. 

Edited by strikera0
  • Love 1

I'm glad they're not having Tinah moving in with Felicity. That's a huge step and they really know next to nothing about her. Plus, while I am very open to them developing a relationship, I like how Feliciy is approaching her. She's not off putting, but she very clearly does not know Tinah yet and is taking time.

If a woman should move in with Felicity, I vote for Thea at this juncture. Then maybe we'd actually get to see them talking every six months instead of getting a vague reference to them having talked off screen every six months.

• Love 6
41 minutes ago, strikera0 said:

Yeah, I loved that idea, too, but of course we can't have that! It would require the Arrow writers to write some personal conversations between 2 women that pass the Bechdel test. 

Well considering the mental space Felicity is in right now, it makes sense why Felicity wouldn't be opening her arms to Dinah unlike Oliver or others in the team. Just last episode she took 2 newbs who aren't as powerful as Dinah as backup, thus showing maybe she's just being cautious and doesn't fully trust her yet. 

Also - does the loft have 2 bedrooms?

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

Well considering the mental space Felicity is in right now, it makes sense why Felicity wouldn't be opening her arms to Dinah unlike Oliver or others in the team. Just last episode she took 2 newbs who aren't as powerful as Dinah as backup, thus showing maybe she's just being cautious and doesn't fully trust her yet. 

Also - does the loft have 2 bedrooms?

Oliver lived there with Thea, so I've always assumed there were two bedrooms.

• Love 1

Yeah I'm fine with Felicity being slow to trust and not immediately inviting her into her space.  I do hope we get a slow growth of friendship between them though, and I am somewhat hopeful seeing that Felicity will be the one to give her the BC costume.  

I'm not holding my breath - other than on Supergirl, these writers seem to be terrible at writing female friendships.  But I can't help but hope.  A little. :)

• Love 7
9 hours ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I think Billy's purpose was for Oliver to be tricked into killing him. I'm not seeing anything from Felicity's arc that couldn't have happened if she hadn't been dating Billy. 

Billy's purpose was to date felicity so oliver would try to move on. There's a reason why felicity was already in a relationship when the season started and that's because the show wanted to move the plot, which Is justify oliver moving on. Oliver killing Billy has provided zero character arc for oliver considering that he doesn't seem to even remember that you know... he actually killed him. 

As for Felicity, Billy being the reason for her dark story is a laughable excuse when they had already a great storyline potential with havernock and instead of using it to provide enough reason for felicity to go darker they pretty much glossed over it for the most part. 

Basically it feels like the main concern the writers had was to use Felicity as a plot device for oliver in order for him to try and move on and start dating again (goes from the ex that was still loyal to his love for her to the guy that decides it's time to move on). Also explains why they so quickly threw felicity to a new man despite it being unbelievable since viewers were left to guess all the off screen development.  It just happens that while they decided to use the cop for that purpose,  they also decided to use him as the reason she gets her own arc this season, which as I said is laughable considering havernock never got the focus and complexity it deserved. 

Oliver killing the cop was probably a thing they came up with later just to highlight the drama (killing the ex fiances boyfriend). He could have killed anyone else, even one of the newbies. It would provide enough "shock" similar to killing the cop. 

Edited by theOAfc
  • Love 9
25 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

ahhh makes sense. IDK where the second bedroom would be... Above the kitchen? Hmm

MG posted a floor plan for it last season - O/F's bedroom was above the kitchen - the second bedroom was on the other side of the loft directly across from it.

• Love 2

It is amazing how much I don't care about the reporter lady. To me, she is Oliver's Billy. Shady in the beginning but will ultimately turn out to be ok. So, for now she is just there. At least she is not taking space that belong to others (looking at you Tinah). Now this is someone who adds nothing to the team other than taking my baby's spot. I will gladly take Rory over new BC.

Also, I feel like the team stopped investigating Prometheus or something. First they are recruiting new BC and then going on a revenge trip. Seriously, it is like they forgot who their main target is. I mean Felicity remembers but it is not like the team is giving her a lot of free time to hunt him down. sigh

• Love 8

I feel there has to be some kind of stakes or consequence or something that happens to really shake Felicity from her darkness so her doing something which could get her arrested or in trouble with the law could be away to get her to that place. 

I don't trust helix. I wouldn't be surprised if they used Felicity as a fall guy for something.

• Love 2

IDK why, but I have a feeling episode 515 will be a turning point for Oliver/Felicity and that's when they'll start sorta rebuilding their romantic relationship. Because not only is it the last episode of sweeps month, it's also likely to be a Felicity episode (judging by the title of it - and how Felicity said in this episode sometimes you have to fight fire with fire)... Stephen did say Felicity will be keeping something from him, and I'm sure they'll likely resolve said issues by the end of the episode... 

If the thing Felicity is keeping from Oliver what she knows about Susan, then it's likely Oliver may dump her in this episode too... So yeah, a turning point... 

But this is all just spec... 

I'm expecting to go full COME ON for a potential Olicity reunion in 520 soon lmao IDK I just have a good feeling about that episode and I don't know why

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

I don't trust helix. I wouldn't be surprised if they used Felicity as a fall guy for something.

Yeah, that seems to be the likely direction. Otherwise there's no motive for them to give her Pandora and encourage her to keep using it, unless they need a particular skill set of hers that they want enough intel on her to be able to blackmail her into using. But that group has been able to get things that Felicity couldn't, so it seems as if she's the lower hacker on the totem pole there. 

OR it's likely that Oliver/Felicity have sex in 520 and then Felicity sort of shuts that down because she doesn't trust Oliver yet with her heart... Then they rebuild that in the next 2 episodes and they finally get together. 

3 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

To the spec that Felicity gets arrested - would they end the season like that? 

Knowing this show, Felicity would probably be arrested after Oliver/Felicity officially get back together again lol

But please no. I don't want her to be arrested. WE saw what that did to Diggle this season... But yeah, it's possible they could end the season like that...

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

Knowing this show, Felicity would probably be arrested after Oliver/Felicity officially get back together again

Olicity sex in 520... right before Felicity turns herself in to the authorities? Or goes into hiding/undercover with the group behind Helix?

Sorry, I can't get the season 3 parallels out of my head.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

But please no. I don't want her to be arrested. WE saw what that did to Diggle this season... But yeah, it's possible they could end the season like that...

But would they really leave her in prison for the entire summer? Or maybe not do the regular time jump between seasons? Or have her out by the S6 premiere and just explain it away in one scene or something? 

ETA: Or they'll use FBs. Remember, those are over this year, so if they're going to have any FBs in S6, it's going to be different. 

Edited by insomniadreams88
Just now, lemotomato said:

Olicity sex in 520... right before Felicity turns herself in to the authorities? Or goes into hiding/undercover with the group behind Helix?

Sorry, I can't get the season 3 parallels out of my head.

This is EXACTLY why I think 520 sex will happen LMAO IDK what will cause Felicity to walk away from Oliver at the end of the episode but I'm just preparing to get my heart ripped out. 

Just now, insomniadreams88 said:

But would they really leave her in prison for the entire summer? Or maybe not do the regular time jump between seasons? Or have her out by the S6 premiere and just explain it away in one scene or something? 

IDK but the writers are stupid enough to do this. If the season ends with this as a cliffhanger then it's likely they won't just explain it away in one scene in season 6... 

• Love 2

I think if she gets arrested for something or is a fall guy that it will be resolved some how by the end of the season. I don't know that it's something that will carry over. I say this because I'm starting to think the season will end more on a Oliver reveals his identity hook then what's going on with anyone else.

But I like the idea that Felicity has to leave the Team and Oliver for a stretch of episodes because Helix are holding something over her head. 

And I could see a reverse 3x20 in that scenario where Felicity wants Oliver to know before she goes that he was the only real thing in her life.

Im not going to go full hardcore hoping incase disappointment but I can see the small hints in ground work for Olicitys rebuild.

• Love 1

I really hope the show doesn't go with having Oliver reveal he's the GA. I was dreading that happening last season too. I just don't see how that would work, would the world basically decide to just accept that and let him keep being GA?  I mean he still killed people, what he's doing is illegal, it would make him wearing a mask pointless,it would affect everyone he knows, every villain would know right away who to attack to get to GA etc.Imo there's just no good way for the show to deal with that, it might be okay for the comics but I don't think it would work here. But I can totally see them ignoring the longterm issues of that storyline and just wanting the big moment when he reveals his identity so I am worried they'll do it. 

Edited by tangerine95
  • Love 8

I don't see them arresting her but I can see their own version of Chloe/Smallville. Taken by a shady organization or deleting herself.

Im not sure how I feel about that, but I do like the idea of Felicity facing the consequences of her 'dark' path. 

2 hours ago, tangerine95 said:

I really hope the show doesn't go with having Oliver reveal he's the GA. I was dreading that happening last season too

Last year I was dreading the Oliver as Mayor thing. It just seemed so stupid. This year I'm just resigned to Oliver revealing he's GA. I still think it's stupid and will be utterly pointless (just like the Mayor thing) but, I expect it to happen

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Last year I was dreading the Oliver as Mayor thing. It just seemed so stupid. This year I'm just resigned to Oliver revealing he's GA. I still think it's stupid and will be utterly pointless (just like the Mayor thing) but, I expect it to happen

Same, i didn't like the mayor thing too. It made no sense to me that someone who has to disappear in times of crisis can be mayor. And they haven't done anything special with it. Thea does all the work and Oliver's whole mayor storyline so far consisted of giving a few speeches and hooking up with a reporter that's investigating him. 

Yeah I thinking this will happen too but i just don't see how they'll deal with it at all. It really should be something saved for the end of the show if they really feel the need to do it. Then at least they wouldn't have to deal with the aftermath of it. 

• Love 3

I didn't mind the idea of Oliver being mayor because there was the possibility of new storylines being opened up, and there was the delicious conflict of "Law maker by day; law breaker by night"...

I dread the idea of Oliver revealing himself as the Green Arrow because it shuts down so many possible and current storylines.  There won't be the pressure any more to hide, or the potential conflict of going against the real authorities.  And how would people call him if they're in trouble?  Does he have a direct Green Arrow line?   A Facebook page?  ("Oliver Queen, the Green Arrow. Leave a message on my wall if you need help.")  Or maybe just tweet him.  The game of cat and mouse will be gone, bad guys will know how to go after him and his loved ones.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if the resolution to Oliver being both Oliver Queen and Green Arrow is revealing his identity to the world. But I would be very, very disappointed.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 6
18 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

I don't think she's working with Prometheus, but who knows with this show and its "gotchas."

I'm back to wondering if Evelyn will end up having been deep undercover.  It makes no sense IMO to lie to the audience like that and means that Oliver would be back to lying to Felicity (which I hate) but the show runners seem too pleased with themselves over her next story line and there would be that tie in to Artemis in Young Justice (and Calderon pretending to have betrayed them all)   

13 hours ago, thegirlsleuth said:

I kept noticing how much Talia and Susan had the same hairstyle.  I wondered if Talia could shapeshift, but of course that would go against the "back to basics" plan, plus the fact that if Susan=Talia, there would be no need for her to conduct an investigation of what happened in Russia--she would know. 

At least when it comes to the long, loose waves, that's just the new popular hairstyle on shows because it's easier to film lots of shots and angles without the hair needing to be put back into place for continuity. They probably realized that Felicity and the ponytail makes hair continuity easier as well.  

13 hours ago, ComicFan777 said:

I've seen people jumping on that idea thinking that it will be similar to what happened to Chloe in Smallville.

As long as Oliver doesn't treat her like Clark did Chloe on Smallville that season.  (I still have kryptonite enema fantasies.    My favorite part was after turning his back on their friendship because a guy they both were trying to save ended up killing her ex-husband and then Clark severely judging her for her excessive information gathering at the expense of privacy  -while still using all her info and demanding she watch his back-  was to then when she finally decides she doesn't want to stay in that dark obsessive hole anymore, to insist that she goes right back to it. ) 

7 hours ago, calliope1975 said:

To the spec that Felicity gets arrested - would they end the season like that? 

Hey, it's been my spec since the start of season four that they would end a season with Felicity separated from the team.  (It is her turn I think) Extorted, kidnapped, arrested, or leaving for the good of 'insert reason' all might work.  

I do agree that having her be officially arrested seems like repeating story lines but can't say that rules it completely out.  

7 hours ago, wonderwall said:

OR it's likely that Oliver/Felicity have sex in 520 and then Felicity sort of shuts that down because she doesn't trust Oliver yet with her heart... Then they rebuild that in the next 2 episodes and they finally get together. 

Knowing this show, Felicity would probably be arrested after Oliver/Felicity officially get back together again lol

Oh yeah, something taking Felicity away from Star City would make an effective ship stall over the summer if we get signs of an Olicity reconciliation by the end of the season.  

6 hours ago, tangerine95 said:

I really hope the show doesn't go with having Oliver reveal he's the GA. I was dreading that happening last season too. I just don't see how that would work, would the world basically decide to just accept that and let him keep being GA?  I mean he still killed people, what he's doing is illegal, it would make him wearing a mask pointless,it would affect everyone he knows, every villain would know right away who to attack to get to GA etc.Imo there's just no good way for the show to deal with that, it might be okay for the comics but I don't think it would work here. But I can totally see them ignoring the longterm issues of that storyline and just wanting the big moment when he reveals his identity so I am worried they'll do it. 

Yeah, even if he got a complete pardon for the past (say from the President since he helped save the world from an alien invasion), that still wouldn't protect him against anything he did in the future. And this year Oliver has firmly put killing back on the table.  I can't see them taking it completely off the table again.  

In the comics he only killed one person deliberately and he did go to jail (at least for awhile) for that. Arrow can't maintain any sort of grounded in reality feel IMO if he spills his identity to the general public.  

• Love 1