Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Oliver told the team that in the bunker last week. I don't remember him saying it to Tinah. I did zone out a lot though.

Now I want to see Tinah in a scene with just Diggle and see if she talks that way too or if it's reserved for Ollie.

Edited by Sunshine

I don't believe that Oliver told Tinah about Prometheus in 511 (there's no mention of him in their on-screen dialogue). However, they've had an entire week to talk and become BFFs.  I'm sure he's introduced her to the Arrow Bunker, exposed the real identities of all his teammates, told her all their secrets and problems, and brought her up to date on the past four years' worth of news.

Someone upthread asked about WM's "all in" quote...

-- After S5 resumes on Jan. 25, WM: "[Oliver and Susan are] going to go ‘all in’ [on the relationship] at some point, for sure. But one of the things that’s interesting about [Susan] is that they do have a genuine relationship — she really does care about Oliver, and vice versa — and yet she has been on this track of trying to find out who he is and what he’s up to. And not just as the mayor, but beyond that.” Per WM, in exploring the man behind Mayor Handsome (including his apparent side trip to Russia while “stranded” for five years on Lian Yu), Susan “is going to be asking some hard questions... and that’s going to put both of them into physically and emotionally dangerous territory.” (Dec. 30, 2016 TVLine article, page 50 of Spoilers thread)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
45 minutes ago, lexicon said:

So do we think that's the way she's meant to play it or just the newest bird trying to increase her chances of becoming a regular by snagging the main LI role?

Black Canary can be a bit of a flirt in the comic books. I didn't find the line delivery as overt as other people here (probably because I am not a shipper), but a more flirtatious vibe would generally be a more accurate portrayal of Black Canary than KC's whiny/bitchy line readings. 

• Love 4

Wow, I guess I really don't watch this show with Olicity blinders because I didn't see anything wrong with that exchange. Tinah was standing away and behind Oliver, he was looking directly at Felicity and he barely turned around to acknowledge that she had spoken.  IMO, she delivered a line not a comeon. I didn't see a smirk either and trust me when I say, smirks make me rage.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, strikera0 said:

Black Canary can be a bit of a flirt in the comic books. I didn't find the line delivery as overt as other people here (probably because I am not a shipper), but a more flirtatious vibe would generally be a more accurate portrayal of Black Canary than KC's whiny/bitchy line readings. 

That not true KC would try to throw love/flirty looks towards Oliver while he was with Felicity all the time. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Velocity23 said:

That not true KC would try to throw love/flirty looks towards Oliver while he was with Felicity all the time. 

That may be true about the looks, but her line delivery always fluctuated between whiny, bitchy or fake to me - no matter who she was sharing the screen with. 

• Love 2

I don't want Oliver and Felicity together anymore so whatever blinders I might have had in the past are gone. The line was a random question, that's why the tone made me giggle. There was no point to sound sexy yet she sounded like that to me.

Edited by Midnight Lullaby
  • Love 7

Finally got a chance to watch it. I don't think it was really sexy, but it was an odd delivery. I think what made it weird it was almost like she was trying for an inside joke with Oliver when you add in the tone and head tilt.

1 minute ago, Chaser said:

Finally got a chance to watch it. I don't think it was really sexy, but it was an odd delivery. I think what made it weird it was almost like she was trying for an inside joke with Oliver when you add in the tone and head tilt.

That's what it really is. It's just strange for that line and since she just joined the team. 

• Love 5
52 minutes ago, tv echo said:

I'm sure he's introduced her to the Arrow Bunker, exposed the real identities of all his teammates, told her all their secrets and problems, and brought her up to date on the past four years' worth of news.

Well, he is a nice fella like that or maybe she is close to knowing him in her bones and she anticipated it all... One or the other... Afterwards they braided each others hair...

• Love 5

Judging by Felicity's remark in that spoiled dialogue, I'm guessing Tina is supposed to come across as flirty throughout the episode - which seems like an odd direction to take her character when she just joined the team after being ragey grief-stricken about her lost lover.

• Love 7
20 minutes ago, ComicFan777 said:

'm guessing Tina is supposed to come across as flirty throughout the episode

Wasn't she just last episode still completely all about avenging the guy she lost? This week she has already gotten over that? If the writers wouldn't force everything in the most obvious way ever, maybe people would have time to get to know characters and make up their own minds.

• Love 1

Much ado about nothing. I didn't see her flirting with Oliver in a lets take our clothes off and make the sweet love but saying the line in a suggestive lets go have some fun kicking ass kind of way. If that.

Like others said she wasn't saying anything flirty it was a throw away line and Oliver was not looking at her in the slightest and everyone else was in the scene with her, including Felicity, and didn't react in a "omg why are they flirting" way. 

Being worked up/convinced by the possibility of Tinah/Oliver just causes one to look at the episode through that lense and see things that maybe aren't there to be seen. *shrug*

• Love 1

Eh, I'm on the weird delivery wagon more than anything. The strange smirk or whatever was similar to what she did in the bar in 5.10 before actually turning to look at the less than gentlemen she blew through the windows.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

Much ado about nothing. I didn't see her flirting with Oliver in a lets take our clothes off and make the sweet love but saying the line in a suggestive lets go have some fun kicking ass kind of way. If that.

Like others said she wasn't saying anything flirty it was a throw away line and Oliver was not looking at her in the slightest and everyone else was in the scene with her, including Felicity, and didn't react in a "omg why are they flirting" way. 

Being worked up/convinced by the possibility of Tinah/Oliver just causes one to look at the episode through that lense and see things that maybe aren't there to be seen. *shrug*

And being worked up/convinced that Tinah/Oliver is impossible just causes one to look at the episode through that lenses and see things how one wants them to be. See that type of logic can work both ways unfortunately.

• Love 8

Tina's smirk at the camera before turning to the guys in the bar scene made me think of a scene where KC just kept smiling at the camera while everyone else was busy fighting in the background.  Given her line delivery/acting choices, I hope Tina is not getting acting tips from watching KC.

Edited by ComicFan777
2 hours ago, tv echo said:

Lots of typos in this article...

Arrow's David Ramsey Has a Prediction For Olicity
Russ Burlingame   Feb. 7, 2017
http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/02/08/arrows-david-ramsey-has-a-prediction-for-olicity/

David Ramsey, the only other person besides Stephen Amell to have been a series regular on Arrow ever since the pilot

Not to mention factual errors starting with this one right off the bat. I get it's easy to forget them at this point, but WH and PB have been regulars from the start. I do enjoy their photoshopping though, with huge Spartan standing in front of Oliver and Felicity at the altar.

• Love 3

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/arrow-david-ramsey-john-diggle-bratva-black-canary-1201981589/

Diggle’s been hearing about Oliver’s time in Russia since Season 1, but the upcoming episode is the first time he’s actually going there with Ollie. What is he expecting?

He’s definitely there to watch their six, but one thing about Team Arrow is there is always one person who has the blinders on, and there is someone who calls that person on it. I think that Diggle often serves in that capacity. He calls Felicity on some of the morally compromising choices that she makes, and he’s there to watch Oliver to see how far he’ll go in terms of this alliance with the Bratva.

Anatoly (David Nykl) helped get Diggle out of a Russian gulag back in Season 2. Do they meet on this trip?

He knows Anatoly and they have some interaction, but they’re on a mission and he knows these are not good people.

I'm confused. The first Q sounds like Diggle hasn't been to Russia before, right? I'm not reading that wrong, right? But the next Q mentions he was in a Russian prison. Also, Diggle met Anatoly last time he was in Russia. Did this person only watch select parts of 206? 

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/arrow-david-ramsey-john-diggle-bratva-black-canary-1201981589/

I'm confused. The first Q sounds like Diggle hasn't been to Russia before, right? I'm not reading that wrong, right? But the next Q mentions he was in a Russian prison. Also, Diggle met Anatoly last time he was in Russia. Did this person only watch select parts of 206? 

yes that's exactly how it sounds. this is the same guy who asked if laurel returning would pose an issue for Oliver and Susan. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I thought that delivery was totally sultry and weird but it felt more like the actress was off than it being written that way. 

Oh, I don't think it was written that way at all. I just think that's how it was delivered.

• Love 7
21 minutes ago, bijoux said:

Not to mention factual errors starting with this one right off the bat. I get it's easy to forget them at this point, but WH and PB have been regulars from the start. I do enjoy their photoshopping though, with huge Spartan standing in front of Oliver and Felicity at the altar.

The article also quotes David as saying Audrey Marie Anderson was filming Training Day -- that's Katrina Law's new show. AMA's new show is called Ice. LOL.

• Love 4

I don't believe the IMDB listing for "Checkmate" that Tommy is Prometheus at all, but I would be so, so amused if that reveal got spoiled (whether it's Tommy or if someone else ends up listed as /Prometheus) because of IMDB.

Edited by insomniadreams88
  • Love 3

Re: the "Checkmate" spoiler. Didn't IMDB have KC  listed as "Black Canary" in early season three (I think??) and people claimed it wasn't true and fan-made and it did end up happening. 

Could happen again here, or it could again just be pure speculation/fan-made this time. Or the KC person who edited it just got lucky. 

8 minutes ago, HighHopes said:

Re: the "Checkmate" spoiler. Didn't IMDB have KC  listed as "Black Canary" in early season three (I think??) and people claimed it wasn't true and fan-made and it did end up happening. 

Could happen again here, or it could again just be pure speculation/fan-made this time. Or the KC person who edited it just got lucky. 

Yeah, and Teddy Sears was listed as "Jay Garrick/Zoom" for a couple of minutes in the beginning of Flash s2 and was then taken down. Not saying that automatically makes it true, but it gets my conspiracy mind going.

• Love 2

From Mashable interview with DR (posted in Spoilers thread)...

Speaking of Felicity, we've been severely lacking some "OTA" scenes this season. With Dig back on the team, will there be more Original Team Arrow moments coming?
Thank god, right? Yeah. The team has been broken a little bit because of Diggle's absence and now we have new team members, and one of the team members betrayed the team, so there's been a lot of story to tell. But the original team is the backbone of this show and the writers are definitely getting back to it. 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

Anatoly is going to ban Oliver from Russia altogether, isn't he? He brought him a screaming woman who takes down a lot of dudes and, depending on whether Rory suits up, a man in musty old rags.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

Didnt they claim Charlotte Ross was a certain character but then AK came out and said that isnt true. 

Do you remember which character? I wasn't around during S3's original airing.

I assume DR knows what will go down but sometimes I think he wants OTA to come back as much as some viewers because he always mentions them being the core yet the story is so full of characters nobody cares about that you can't go back to it at the moment. It is like the kitchen sink. You know the drain is there but if it is clogged the water still won't go down.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, Trisha said:

Is this the first time they've used fan tweets to promote an episode? They must have had to dig through a lot to get some that wasn't complaining about the lack of OTA and Olicity...

They've been putting out trailers with fan tweets all this season for all the DC-verse shows and Supernatural. It's a part of this advertising deal

• Love 1