Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Well Wendy did say Felicitys storyline culminates in 5x20 but it's Wendy so who knows the veracity of that. But if true I would say Felicitys storyline is going to become more involved as the story goes along. I think 5x10 and 5x11 were just the sneak previews.

I agree with @apinknightmare that I  think Helix are shady AF but they have an awesome tool that Felicity could have at her disposal to use for good like catching Pronetheus and freeing Dig maybe stopping the evil workings of the Bratva but that will probably come at a cost that Helix will expect her to use her skills and talents to do things that goes against her conscience; and she will do it because she figures the ends justify the means.

Which I guess puts her in a similar place to where Oliver was at in his flashbacks and in season one where he cross moral lines and had his talents and skills used and corrupted by others for their own personal gain. Only in a less murdery violent way that's appropriate for Felicitys character.

• Love 2

About Felicity's arc, on the one hand I'm happy for her to have her own storyline.  On the other hand, though, I'm kinda worried about it being independent from the main story. The last time the show did that - have a B-plot that's peripherally connected to the A-plot it was in S2 with the Laurel/Blood thing, and, well, we all know how that ended. I just hope they won't have Felicity utter the words 'once you let the darkness in it never comes out', LOL.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, looptab said:

I'm kinda worried about it being independent from the main story.

IDK if I'd be worried about this . Unlike Diggle going to jail, or Laurel's plot being connected to the side-villain, at least in the end Felicity's arc will be connected to the main villain. I don't mind her being disconnected for a couple of episodes as long as it all ties together sooner rather than later... I'm actually interested when she'll start using Pandora to take Prometheus down... 

• Love 3

Not only is her story connected to the main villian but it's also tied or plays into Olivers storyline. 

Laurels storyline was the way it was because they didn't want her as the love interest and she didn't know Olivers secret ergo they had to find things for her to do. 

I think Felicity will still play a role in the main plot while also doing her own thing on the side

• Love 4

Hope you guys are right. That was the feeling i got after watching the episode, but I'd be very happy to be wrong. :)

Is it confirmed that it will be ultimately tied to Prometheus?

Edited by looptab
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, looptab said:

Hope you guys are right. That was the feeling i got after watching the episode, but I'd be very happy to be wrong. :)

Is it confirmed that it will be ultimately tied to Prometheus?

They said Felicity will look for revenge for setting up Oliver to kill Billy..at this point it doesn't look like it yet but we will see in the next episodes I guess..

I'm a bit skeptical about a role reversal between Oliver and Felicity because even if they are trying to write him as more hopeful he is still quite broody, more than Felicity at the moment. 

Edited by Midnight Lullaby
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, Chaser said:

And because the show doesn't follow any rules, Oliver 'pardons' or uses some form of political power to get Felicity off.

I'd rather Oliver get her off in another way ill see myself out.....

• Love 10

This is about the 514 episode...

Green Arrow And Lance Are Up Against An All-Female Supervillain Team In "The Sin-Eater" Synopsis
Russ Burlingame- 02/02/2017
http://comicbook.com/2017/02/03/green-arrow-and-lance-are-up-against-an-all-female-supervillain-/

In the comics, of course, Oliver Queen is a notorious ladies' man. While that hasn't been a major part of his role on Arrow, certainly most long-time fans wouldn't have been surprised if you told them, without context, that he would be squaring off against an all-female supervillain team.

The characters are essentially operating as an anti-Birds of Prey in the episode, and like Arrow's take on the Suicide Squad before it might be a bit of a tease for the kind of chemistry fans will see in Gotham City Sirens. 

So in the comics, Oliver Queen is known both as a "notorious ladies' man" and as part of the GA/BC couple?

(If you didn't already know, Gotham City Sirens is an upcoming DC movie, in which Margot Robbie will reprise her Harley Quinn role.)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, looptab said:

About Felicity's arc, on the one hand I'm happy for her to have her own storyline.  On the other hand, though, I'm kinda worried about it being independent from the main story. The last time the show did that - have a B-plot that's peripherally connected to the A-plot it was in S2 with the Laurel/Blood thing, and, well, we all know how that ended. I just hope they won't have Felicity utter the words 'once you let the darkness in it never comes out', LOL.

I'm not expecting it to be full satisfying but I am expecting it to be better than Laurel/Blood because Felicity/Prometheus > Laurel/Blood. That's my logic there. Lol

That thought does make me think about Prometheus being the figurehead and someone else pulling the strings ala S2. Talia is the obvious choice with the Nolan like storytelling. 

With WM highlighting 5x20 for Felicity, I wonder if that's when Prometheus is taken down and Tala(?) revealed.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, tv echo said:

This is about the 514 episode...

Green Arrow And Lance Are Up Against An All-Female Supervillain Team In "The Sin-Eater" Synopsis
Russ Burlingame- 02/02/2017
http://comicbook.com/2017/02/03/green-arrow-and-lance-are-up-against-an-all-female-supervillain

Is Burlingame really that clueless or is he just reaching for effect/ playing dumb?  Oliver being a ladies man has nothing to do with three female villains banding together against him and Lance.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Chaser said:

I'm not expecting it to be full satisfying but I am expecting it to be better than Laurel/Blood because Felicity/Prometheus > Laurel/Blood. That's my logic there. Lol

That thought does make me think about Prometheus being the figurehead and someone else pulling the strings ala S2. Talia is the obvious choice with the Nolan like storytelling. 

With WM highlighting 5x20 for Felicity, I wonder if that's when Prometheus is taken down and Tala(?) revealed.

Oh, yeah, I expect to enjoy it way more of course. I was reasoning more in terms of moving X character in a plot that is unimportant until a certain moment - that's the part I don't particularly like, haha.

I expect Talia to be behind Prometheus, too.They did say he must have had intense training, and this season they've been talking about closing the 5 years chapter, so yeah, The Dark Knight ch.3. (Sorry, can't remember the exact title).

Edited by looptab
How many yeah's can you write into a post?: $
1 hour ago, looptab said:

Oh, yeah, I expect to enjoy it way more of course. I was reasoning more in terms of moving X character in a plot that is unimportant until a certain moment - that's the part I don't particularly like, haha.

I expect Talia to be behind Prometheus, too.They did say he must have had intense training, and this season they've been talking about closing the 5 years chapter, so yeah, The Dark Knight ch.3. (Sorry, can't remember the exact title).

It's funny. I liked it with Laurel in S2 because it kept her out of the A-Plot, which worked for my viewing pleasure.

I like the idea of it with Felicity now because I'm super uninterested in what's going on with Oliver right now. And since it doesn't look like Felicity is physically away from the Team, I'm like this could be a win-win. She still interacts with the main players, but she gets her own story that ties into the season's big bad. I'm just hoping that her own story is given its time. Right now screen time is my biggest concern with the plot. I liked the set up of 5x10/5x11 for it, but I need there to be more episodes like 5x10 than 5x11 you know?

• Love 23

It's kind of strange, because while I have a sense of Felicity's arc for the end of the season, I don't know how anyone else is going to progress.  I know plot points that are coming, but everyone else's journey is kind of a mystery, including, alarmingly, Oliver.  I know he will be going to Russia and unmasking Prometheus, but I don't have a strong sense of his emotional journey, especially as how it parallels the end of his island flashbacks. I had thought that by the end of the fifth season, when he descends into full Hood mode in the flashbacks he would be mostly healed in the present, but that's not happening. They keep talking randomly about Legacy, and I can see him building a legacy with the noobs, but nothing for him directly.

My crack theory is that this whole season has been building towards Oliver being able to say he is the hunter, like he did in the comics.  If it involves reversing all his character growth, that's ok for the writers because they've incorporated that important comic moment, even if it makes no sense for Oliver's character development.

• Love 6

And the thing about what we know about Oliver's upcoming storyline is more mayor stuff. But that's not exciting. What are we going to do, watch him sit behind his desk? Give press conferences? (It's why we didn't really see him at work in S2 - which just always reminds me how annoyed I am about him making Felicity his assistant when there never seemed to be any reason whatsoever for it after the initial "can't travel downstairs to talk about how we spend our nights" conversation.) While the rest of the team is out hitting the streets? Oh, and then Oliver goes out as GA but then can't because he could be arrested for killing someone Prometheus set him up to kill? 

• Love 2

I suspect the real reason Oliver made Felicity his assistant in s2 is so that she could do his job for him, just as Thea is doing it in s5.

29 minutes ago, thegirlsleuth said:

My crack theory is that this whole season has been building towards Oliver being able to say he is the hunter, like he did in the comics.  If it involves reversing all his character growth, that's ok for the writers because they've incorporated that important comic moment, even if it makes no sense for Oliver's character development.

At least then there would be a point to him though.  This season seems to have reversed almost everything I thought I knew about him, including the importance of honouring his father's last words and taking out the bad guys in the notebook because apparently that's a direction Talia had to hand him.  About the only thing that's consistent is that he loves his family.

I think I'd like Oliver to be a hunter in s6.  Let Thea be mayor, she's the one doing the job anyway, or if not her, give to Lance.  Let Felicity take over PT/QC with the occasional help of Curtis, and let Oliver hunt with Diggle, Rene and Black Canary.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

About the only thing that's consistent is that he loves his family.

He does but it still doesn't stop him from going out with the woman that did his sister dirty. Which is a weird character trait.

• Love 22
31 minutes ago, Belinea said:

He does but it still doesn't stop him from going out with the woman that did his sister dirty. Which is a weird character trait.

He still trusted Isabel after the way she treated Felicity, not to mention trying to take over QC and firing all his family's employees so that's consistent anyway.

• Love 5

Speaking of Malcolm, WM said a while back that the show needed MM for the end of the season.  Is he going to be involved with Prometheus?  If so is he going to help in the defeat or is he manipulating?  I know we have nothing to speculate on but I have to wonder if he's going to be involved somehow.

I've come to realize how powerful of a character Susan is. She makes me legit not want to watch any episode no matter how excited I am for it. 

Things I'm excited about:

• Anatoly in present time
  • The team going to Russia
  • Felicity in her Bratva outfit
  • Possible OTA interaction in Russia
  • Felicity falling more and more into the hole regarding Pandora
  • Rory and how his arc ends + bringing up Havenrock again
  • Flashbacks with Talia (first time ever)

Things I'm meh/mildly annoyed about:

• Tinah

Things I hate:

• Susan

There's so much good that outweighs the bad but damn, the bad is just so terrible I can't even bring myself to watch live. Most likely gonna stream and fast forward all the Susan/Tinah bits.

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 24

Maybe I am just crazy because they are all brunettes but don't the new women (Susan, Tinah, Thaila) all look similar?

Susan always looks shady, I don't know why that is...

Also Oliver looks super grumpy in this pic with Tinah (probably imitating the face I make after every 'epic' twist the show provides us with)

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 2

I don't really mind T/Dinah...I think I've learned to just accept her being on the team and us seeing more of her at this point. However any pic of Susan sends my distaste to another level...how  such a useless character can have that much power over me is beyond me at this point. 

• Love 2

So the photos. It's really good to see Lance again. And to have an OTA photo. And ... that's it. Why do we need 2 photos of Susan? I really hope Diggle and Chase join Lance and Thea in crossing their arms and giving Oliver disapproving looks about her. 

I have very low expectations for the episode looking at the photos and the promo. I'm here for any OTA we get, Rory, and that Felicity/Rory/Curtis scene in Russia. That's about it. I'm happy to see Lance again, but I hate that it's going to be in a scene with Susan. 

• Love 2

I reckon it's because she's a full on cow. I dint know if it's the acting but she just is a straight up nasty skeevy bitch and not in the Isabel outright glorious bitch kind of way. She's a snide sneaky bitch.

And probably because she was nasty to Felicity so I've taken it personally from there onwards because I'm overprotective of Felicity.

My feelings towards Tinah depends on how she treats Felicity.

• Love 8
Just now, insomniadreams88 said:

Diggle and Chase join Lance and Thea

Thea is still at the world's longest conference. I get the feeling she might not be in this episode either. Maybe she will be, who knows.

1 minute ago, Mellowyellow said:

My feelings towards Tinah depends on how she treats Felicity.

She will be super friendly because the producers want her to be well-received by the audience.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, insomniadreams88 said:

That's about it. I'm happy to see Lance again, but I hate that it's going to be in a scene with Susan. 

Not just a scene, but it seems as if she's gonna be hammering a guy fresh out of rehab to talk about his alcoholism. This shady reporter-with-a-heart-of-gold storyline just won't stop giving! What a gal Oliver's rebounding with.

• Love 15

Susan always looks so smug. Can't stand her. I just have zero interest in watching her and especially watching Oliver be dumb with her. Ugh, it's so frustrating.

Felicity looks beautiful in purple though. And it's nice to see OTA again, though I bet it's just that one scene. Unfortunately.

Also it looks like Thea was definitely left with the aliens. Should we send out some kind of missing person alert? 

Edited by Guest
2 minutes ago, Belinea said:

Thea is still at the world's longest conference. I get the feeling she might not be in this episode either. Maybe she will be, who knows.

I mean, really, not one pic of Thea, who I have imagined would be included in the Lance/WD/Susan scenario. It's not impossible, but I'm growing doubtful.

I guess the debt Anatoly owes to Oliver is connected with his hospitalisation in the flashback.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Belinea said:

If she's not, I'm really going to start thinking something's up.  A no-show for three episodes in a row? :(

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Not just a scene, but it seems as if she's gonna be hammering a guy fresh out of rehab to talk about his alcoholism. This shady reporter-with-a-heart-of-gold storyline just won't stop giving! What a gal Oliver's rebounding with.

But "she's just doing her job!" I swear, if Oliver says anything that makes it seem like what Susan's doing is okay... I will have so many problems and it would be very hard for me to like Oliver again anytime soon.

And considering he's all about Laurel's legacy right now, wouldn't you think he'd want to, I don't know, make sure her father's doing okay? Not put him in a situation that could lead to a relapse? Well, he did leave him him to drink after knowing he was in 501, so... 

4 minutes ago, Belinea said:

Right? Maybe Thea has decided to go on vacation because she doesn't feel like dealing with her idiotic brother. Was she even mentioned in 511? I don't think she was. Prometheus could have kidnapped her - maybe BS faked that call too - and is just holding her until he wants to reveal he has her, and NO ONE WOULD KNOW.

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

2. Seriously Tinah Susan and Talia all look like the exact same person. Basic brunettes.

Tinah's more distinguishable IMO, but Susie and Talia look a whole lot alike - it doesn't help that they seem to have the same hairstylist. It helps that Talia's wearing the hood in the flashbacks - IDK what's gonna happen when she's in present day and dressed to the nines like reporter Susie always seems to be for whatever reason (I'm guessing she's supposed to go on a date with Oliver and he calls it off to go to Russia or something?).

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

But "she's just doing her job!" I swear, if Oliver says anything that makes it seem like what Susan's doing is okay... I will have so many problems and it would be very hard for me to like Oliver again anytime soon.

Seeing as Oliver continues to date Susan beyond 512, it's pretty obvious he won't have a problem with whatever she does. I mean, he's dating her even though she went after Thea. He clearly doesn't care. They really are making it hard to root for him right now. 

Of course there's always the possibility that they're trying to redeem Susan slightly and whatever she's doing with Lance will be spun as something good. I put nothing past these writers. 

Edited by Guest

Dinah is the one that's throwing me off.  I recognized Talia, and now that you all have mentioned her, I can see who Susan must be (I haven't watched any of the past episodes with her) but I would not have recognized Juliana Harkevy, and I didn't realize Dinah and Susan were different people at first.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Seeing as Oliver continues to date Susan beyond 512, it's pretty obvious he won't have a problem with whatever she does. I mean, he's dating her even though she went after Thea. He clearly doesn't care. They really are making it hard to root for him right now. 

Of course there's always the possibility that they're trying to redeem Susan slightly and whatever she's doing with Lance will be spun as something good. I put nothing past these writers. 

No matter how they try to spin Susan's interview, she's still going to be asking him questions about what put him in rehab right after he got out of rehab. That's still making him talk about painful events in his life. That's not something someone with good intentions would do right after the guy got out of rehab. It's just going to be a mess.

I wish the show would surprise me, and Oliver would dump her when he gets back from Russia and then have her just show up in the rest of her episodes as a reporter digging into him. But the chances of that happening are probably less than zero. 

Maybe the next Russia photo Susan gets her hands on will be of Oliver going around in the hood in Russia in the flashbacks. Maybe they can have that on a table somewhere in her apartment next time Oliver stops by and use it to transition into a FB. 

• Love 2

Given Reporters reaction to Felicity at the party, I wonder what she thinks of Oliver going overseas with his former one and only.

31 minutes ago, Belinea said:

Maybe I am just crazy because they are all brunettes but don't the new women (Susan, Tinah, Thaila) all look similar?

Susan always looks shady, I don't know why that is...

Also Oliver looks super grumpy in this pic with Tinah (probably imitating the face I make after every 'epic' twist the show provides us with)

"Why couldn't I get Sara back? This is so unfair."

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

No matter how they try to spin Susan's interview, she's still going to be asking him questions about what put him in rehab right after he got out of rehab. That's still making him talk about painful events in his life. That's not something someone with good intentions would do right after the guy got out of rehab. It's just going to be a mess.

I wish the show would surprise me, and Oliver would dump her when he gets back from Russia and then have her just show up in the rest of her episodes as a reporter digging into him. But the chances of that happening are probably less than zero. 

I totally agree. It's messy and she's awful. But these are the writers who don't think Oliver looks dumb as fuck dating a reporter when he lives a secret double life. I mean, even if the audience didn't know she was investigating him, I'd still think he was a moron for taking that risk. So I just...don't trust them. Haha. 

I wish the show would surprise me too but Oliver and Susan have yet to go 'all in' so... *Vomits*