Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

tumblr_okrg7aJqUc1s1pv1uo2_500.gif

tumblr_okrg7aJqUc1s1pv1uo1_500.gif

I enjoy these. One, I like Curtis' humor for the first time in a while. Two, I enjoy how it seems Felicity seems pleased to see Anatoly before he decks Oliver. I really enjoyed the booze you sent over.

• Love 12
20 minutes ago, Belinea said:

She'll be as powerful as the writers want her to be. It doesn't have to be shown, they'll just gloss over that nasty little question of how she got to be a super fighter.

Maybe I am just being rude and not sympathetic enough in general. Tina's boyfriend died, right? That is her island... So is Billy's death Felicity's island? Because as far as I can tell, Oliver and Sara, hell even Quentin seem to have gone through that over and over again. So calling it an island seems to belittle Sara's and Oliver's actual island struggles. Yes, everybody has painful struggles and everyone's own pain is valid but calling all of them an island seems to be a little over the top. Maybe I am just seeing this too harshly.

MG already said it's a culmination of everything she's been through. Felicity hasn't been allowed to really deal with: Getting shot & paralyzed, having her fiancee lie to her, making a choice that ended up killing 10k+ people, then having the big bad fool her ex to kill her current bf. A bf she couldn't even call her bf, so I'm sure there's more guilt than just his death there. That's not taking into consideration what she went through season 1-3, which is a lot. I'd say Felicity has suffered as much as everyone else (and more than some others), just differently. So if Bobby death finally allows her to deal with things, then I'm fine with it.

• Love 5

I am just generally hating on the word island, I guess. Oliver and Sara actually went through hell and while other character's might have also had pain in their lives, it might not be 5 years of it and to that extent. Some other characters struggled more since the show began and some struggled maybe less but to compare the death of a boyfriend/lover whatever to Oliver's pain by calling it their island, just makes me somewhat ragey. I get why they are doing it and I know my thought process is somewhat weird when it comes to this but I am just not pleased at the moment. I assume nobody could tell ;)

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 12

In terms of Tina, I get it. But imo Felicity is someone who has been traumatized by these writers so many times, and never allowed to deal with it. So them calling it her Island doesn't bother me personally. It didn't bother me when they used the term for LL in season 2 either. And while I know Oliver had it bad, the flashbacks in season 3 & 4, did a disservice to his character. The fbs have been lame. I would actually like if the fbs were actually more brutal. But that's just me.

• Love 3

Waiting for 514 episode description. I imagine it's going to be all about Black Canary. Since they can now mention DD/BC openly. I don't know if the episode is about her but, just like Talia Al Ghul got the big mention for 511, I think Tinah (I'm sticking with that) will get the big mention even if she's the C plot or no plot.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Tinah (I'm sticking with that)

Yeah, me too.  I just can't bring myself to type Dinah anymore than I was willing to give up Poppy for...whatever her name was.  

• Love 3

Apropos. This thing of trying to suss out A- B- C- plot from the summaries makes no sense to me. There has never been consistency in that. Always remember IT IS CHICO WRITING THEM. My very favorite rando thing put on a summary was when Sara told Oliver ~a secret~ and everyone dissected that foreeeeever, and that wasn't even D-plot, it was a rando retcon line to destroy O/L a little bit more.

Edited by dtissagirl
  • Love 8

Low-key pissed they billed Tinah the C-Plot in 5x11. Also, pissed we get Diggle and Tinah interacting in the promo for 5x12 but not even a Delicity scene when Felicity saved his butt.

I'm concerned that means the next Felicity episode is really a Tinah episode.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

Apropos. This thing of trying to suss out A- B- C- plot from the summaries makes no sense to me. There has never been consistency in that. Always remember IT IS CHICO WRITING THEM. My very favorite rando thing put on a summary was when Sara told Oliver ~a secret~ and everyone dissected that foreeeeever, and that wasn't even D-plot, it was a rando retcon line to destroy O/L a little bit more.

I didn't realize they were so inconsistent with this. I knew the promos were misleading but I didn't think about the synopsis's.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

Apropos. This thing of trying to suss out A- B- C- plot from the summaries makes no sense to me. There has never been consistency in that. Always remember IT IS CHICO WRITING THEM. 

2 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Low-key pissed they billed Tinah the C-Plot in 5x11. Also, pissed we get Diggle and Tinah interacting in the promo for 5x12 but not even a Delicity scene when Felicity saved his butt.

I'm concerned that means the next Felicity episode is really a Tinah episode.

Yeah, I think she put Tina last to try to pretend "hey, nothing to see here, no, we're not bringing in Dinah Drake, yes we totally are." 

They can mention on-screen that Felicity apparently visited Diggle - see, they do talk - but we can't see it? But here, let's have Diggle interacting in the promo with the newest newbie. Since I imagine there will be at least a small time jump between 5x11 and 5x12, there will be no reason for any thanks for Felicity from Diggle because it should have already happened off-screen. 

And if Rory is in fact gone after 5x12, is Felicity going to have anyone at all? No wonder she's going to be able to keep what she's doing a secret from everyone. Oliver didn't really push that hard to find out what she did to get the information in 5x11, and I have a feeling that it's going to be pretty easy for Felicity to not have to tell anyone what she's up to with everything else going on. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Cleanqueen said:

So is there anything about Tina in that casting call that has been proven correct...if her name isn't Tina. I guess they really wanted it to be hush hush because of the Dinah Drake reveal.  

Well they said she would not be a fan of vigilantes and Oliver would have to win her over so that's sort of what happened I guess.

The casting sides also didn't match up with much in the episode. She wasn't a marine, she didn't join out of a promise from Oliver to find a missing partner, and she wasn't set up to have personal stakes in catching Prometheus.

24 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

There was also the one episode description that mentioned that Felicity would talk/have a scene with Curtis. Which ended up being cut from the episode. I rarely trust episode descriptions since they're always off in a way and highlight some part of an episode that ends up being nothing. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Belinea said:

I am just generally hating on the word island, I guess. Oliver and Sara actually went through hell and while other character's might have also had pain in their lives, it might not be 5 years of it and to that extent. Some other characters struggled more since the show began and some struggled maybe less but to compare the death of a boyfriend/lover whatever to Oliver's pain by calling it their island, just makes me somewhat ragey. I get why they are doing it and I know my thought process is somewhat weird when it comes to this but I am just not pleased at the moment. I assume nobody could tell ;)

Oliver and Sara were also on an actual island, so saying it about them makes sense. 

I find it funny that this their 4th attempt at Black Canary when they got it right the first time, they just stupidly threw her at a garbage dumpster.

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 11
6 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Guess Oliver decides he can do more good as the mayor than he can as the Green Arrow because he lit'rally can't go out as the Green Arrow. Didn't expect that for whatever reason.

I wonder how it's any different than previous years when they knew he was a killer.   Until Quentin knew it was Oliver, they couldn't anticipate where to find him.  

1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

I wonder how he's gonna get out of it this time? Since he actually did kill the dude, and there isn't a Roy around to take the fall. Unless one of the newbs wants to step up and be a real hero.

Well we know he can't offer the Green Arrow a pardon, lol.

• Love 1
Just now, apinknightmare said:

I wonder how he's gonna get out of it this time? Since he actually did kill the dude, and there isn't a Roy around to take the fall. Unless one of the newbs wants to step up and be a real hero.

If they actually go down the road of making GA an enemy of the city again, then I would think that might be ammo for Oliver to pull an Iron Man for dramatic purposes to explain what went on. However, I mostly feel that they might just reveal to the public that the throwing star killer is still out there and set-up GA, like Chase immediately (and conveniently) deduced. 

• Love 4

I thought the paps confirmed 15 & 16.  Her imbd shows 14 & 15.

Prometheus may inform the ACU (through his police contact) of Green Arrow as the person responsible for Billy's death.  There's still a corrupt police force out there.

If Green Arrow gets sidelined and Oliver can only be Mayor Queen, I guess it's an opportunity for BC/DD to step up.

Edited by Sunshine
  • Love 1

Is it just me, or does season 5 bear a striking resemblance to season 3? Because aside from a new BC getting introduced in the last scene of episode 10 and Green Arrow getting wrongfully arrested for murder in both seasons--

In season 3:

• Olicity separated because of Green Arrow  to give Felicity time to meet/befriend Ray
  • Ray stalks Felicity, catches her during vulnerable moments so their relationships builds. Recruits her for his own agenda, but then genuinely cares for her.
  • Felicity kisses Ray in episode 7, starts dating him in 15 
  • Oliver is stuck in the bunker, Felicity has busy life on the outside
  • Oliver dies in episode 9
  • Oliver makes stupid decision to trust Malcom
  • Oliver gets involved with the LoA
  • Former bad guys return for a caper (Cupid, Deadshot) 

In season 5:

• Olicity separated because of Billy to give Oliver time to meet/befriend Susan
  • Susan stalks Oliver, catches him during vulnerable moments so their relationships builds. Gets close to him for her own agenda, but then supposedly will genuinely care for him.
  • Oliver kisses Susan in episode 9, starts dating her in 12-15?
  • Felicity is stuck in the bunker, Oliver has busy life on the outside
  • Billy dies in episode 9
  • Oliver makes stupid decision to trust Susan
  • Felicity gets involved with hacker group
  • Former bad guys return for a caper (Cupid, China White, Lady Cop)

For all the talk about returning to seasons 1 and 2, I see more similarities to 3.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 16

Maybe Susan tasers Wild Dog after calling in a false crime?

I can't believe we're talking about the electrocution incident and not the potential Olicity makeup sex in 520.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 9
36 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Prometheus may inform the ACU (through his police contact) of Green Arrow as the person responsible for Billy's death.  There's still a corrupt police force out there.

I really hope they return to that thread. Oliver and Felicity had that conversation about the throwing star material and then that was it. I honestly thought they just put it in there to make Billy seem suspicious and that was it and it wouldn't be brought up again. 

Could have been one of the officers at the scene. Chase said they'd keep quiet, but you never know. One could have talked over beers or something. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, lemotomato said:

You've got a point.

But still! Olicity sex scene!

I nominate the worktop desk where they are having them get physically close. She was touching his hand this episode. Next step, jumping on top of it.

• Love 9
16 minutes ago, bijoux said:

I nominate the worktop desk where they are having them get physically close. She was touching his hand this episode. Next step, jumping on top of it.

That is actually what popped into my head when I saw your post with those gifs in the episode thread. The next time they get closer they'll be on top of each other :)

• Love 2
2 hours ago, lemotomato said:

You've got a point.

But still! Olicity sex scene!

I love the way you tracked the parallels and mirrors to season three.  Now I just have to figure out if Oliver and Felicity have life-affirming sex before Oliver goes off to sacrifice his life to Prometheus in 5x20, or if they have life-affirming sex before Felicity goes off to sacrifice herself to Prometheus in 5x20.  In either case, I hope it involves a lot of candles.  

• Love 6

I've been trying to jog my memory to see if there was anything to look forward to in 513. Then I remembered that one was shooting when the 100th aired and EK posted some photos and a video from the bunker.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BNc_XBZjIlS/?taken-by=dccomics

https://www.instagram.com/p/BNdZZ87hagT/?taken-by=dccomics

On the plus side: OTA, and Thea and Lance even manage to appear in two episodes in a row.

On the minus: No Rory to be seen.

On the whatever: No Tinah. Rene obviously gets a job in the mayor's office, what with the suit and all. It seems big on him BTW. I hope they go for a somewhat less ridiculous route and have him as Oliver's bodyguard and not give him an actual role in the administration.

• Love 2