Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Just now, YonkouProdutiona said:

Since I'm here I'll drop one tidbit I haven't shared.

The episode will have a flashback to the day the particle accelerator incident occurred and how it impacted "Tina".

I was suspecting they would do that for the quick crossover

28 minutes ago, YonkouProdutiona said:

Spoiler person popping by.

Enjoying reading your speculation and theories lol about canadagraphs being me...He sounded pissed that he didn't get to reveal the Dinah Drake thing...still the episode is juicy.

I typo'd up my username...damn

Welcome to the board. :)

Also glad for the info, though I'm also not at all enthused for yet another Canary.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, YonkouProdutiona said:

The episode will have a flashback to the day the particle accelerator incident occurred and how it impacted "Tina".

Unfortunately I'm predisposed to dislike NuCanary now, and I find myself not at all interested in her story. 
Oh well here's hoping they surprise me.

13 minutes ago, YonkouProdutiona said:

Thank you for the spoilers. I wasn't planning on watching this ep anyhow, but you've validated my decision. LOL

Was thinking of catching 12 live, but I think I'll tune back in when Felicity has a storyline, until then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, Thundercatmary said:

Unfortunately I'm predisposed to dislike NuCanary now, and I find myself not at all interested in her story. 
Oh well here's hoping they surprise me.

Her story is deeper than just the reveal that she's Dinah Drake. 

13 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

@YonkouProdutiona

Thank you and welcome to the board!

Pretty please share any Felicity spoilers if you have any! Some of us (ok just me) reallly just want to know when we can stop watching so I'd appreciate even the most wretched news!

Nothing too significant but I'll tease, there's a lot of Felicity hackery antiques...

I used to be a Hacktivist.
That's a hacker activist.
I left that life way behind.
It went with a Goth look that was not good for me.
Goth? mhm.
Dark hair, Dark Felicity, taking on corporations and governments.
It was a power trip that wasn't healthy.

Edited by YonkouProdutiona
  • Love 16
Just now, Morrigan2575 said:

I don't understand, sorry. What does that word mean?

(in Jewish use) a person's soulmate, especially when considered as an ideal or predestined marriage partner.

To be fair, Rory was the one who brought it up, and he said it meant fate or destiny IIRC (I don't recall exactly what he said). 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

So Felicity gets the C story, Talia the B, and Tina the A. 

Be prepared to see that pattern repeat (minus Talia) often from here on out 

Edited by sara1121
  • Love 4

So, what does fangirl want from Ghost Fox Goddess (Felicity's college user name) in return for the information she gave her to help free John?  Does Helix exist in the comics or is this a made for TV group? 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

So, what does fangirl want from Ghost Fox Goddess (Felicity's college user name) in return for the information she gave her to help free John?  Does Helix exist in the comics or is this a made for TV group? 

For Her to return to her Hackvisit days and I don't know if Helix exists in the comics it sounds like it might be though 

• Love 1

Oliver and Dinah were both bathed in light during that final scene (and the blocking was the exact same as the Olicity scene in 505).  It'll be interesting to see how the positive metas try to spin that. 

I'm here for Felicity's new SL but I don't know if the motivation is what the spoilers/interviews made it out to be (so far). It's not her angst that motivated her; it's a fangirl giving her a data dump. I guess she could start examining her actions once she starts though, but I'm surprised it all kind of fell into her lap instead of her being pushed to the edge and choosing it. 

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Trisha said:

Oliver and Dinah were both bathed in light during that final scene (and the blocking was the exact same as the Olicity scene in 505).  It'll be interesting to see how the positive metas try to spin that. 

I legit thought that was symbolic of her giving redemption a shot and deciding not to go it alone anymore. After reading the dialogue earlier I really did expect it to be a romantic setup, but I didn't get that at all, even with the light. I'm not naive enough to say it definitely won't happen - but I didn't get any romantic subtext from anything that was shown in that scene. 

• Love 10
12 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I legit thought that was symbolic of her giving redemption a shot and deciding not to go it alone anymore. After reading the dialogue earlier I really did expect it to be a romantic setup, but I didn't get that at all, even with the light. I'm not naive enough to say it definitely won't happen - but I didn't get any romantic subtext from anything that was shown in that scene. 

Yeah, I didn't see any romantic setup or chemistry between the two either (so far). But a lot of the 'Olicity is end game' theories seem to always focus on how he is always/only bathed in light when he shares scenes with her. I always thought they were reading too much into lighting setups.

I have no idea what they are planning for Tina but I didn't hate her. That's...something.

• Love 2

I saw this mentioned elsewhere.  I don't read comics but I did google.

Is Ghost Fox Goddess a play on DC's Ghost Fox Killer which was a woman tasked with killing evil men?  Felicity opened Pandora's Files (instead of box) which could contain the names of villains (evil).  GFK's domain is Hong Kong where she preys on Triad gangsters.  She has spies. (How about China White? Cupid? Lady Cop? Star City has Triad gangsters.)  

MG said Felicity isn't going to kill anyone but maybe she considers it?  Instead of controlling the souls of men maybe she blackmails them with the info in the files?        

• Love 5

I first want to welcome the new actress but,  It takes a special level of arrogance and disdain for these creators to do what they did. For years, fans were telling these guys that they should give Laurel her metahuman Canary powers but they just refused to because they wanted to keep team Arrow metahuman powerless. So poor KC got saddled with that canary cry that everyone made fun of. It seems like every decisions these guys have made has been to belittle KC and Laurel and to emphasize that she was pointless. Its gotten to the point where they are just now randomly name throwing another unrelated metahuman who just happens to have the same first name as Laurel and the exact same powers of her doppelganger from E-2. Its quite sickening really because this is clearly being done because Guggenheim and co… were shocked by the backlash caused when they got rid of KC and Laurel so casually and arrogantly that they have just inserted this character out of nowhere just to assuage them so he can eventually say that Laurel was never the “real” Black Canary.

• Love 1

Since I truly couldn't be bothered to watch, how much of an angel is Tinah? Are people buying into it? Is it the bestest storyline ever and will it finally be the comic book live-reading everyone was hoping for?

In all seriousness, for the first time ever, I didn't even want to watch twitter mentions or anything else because I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I know it is stupid but I just didn't want my already damaged connection to a show I once truly enjoyed to break even further because I was reading about how much people enjoyed the newbie connections. That might be childish, true, but once in a while I figure, that is ok.

• Love 1