Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

If you ever needed evidence that Wendy talks out her ass in interviews and not to read too much into what she say go to the spoilers only thread haha.

I love how in one of TVECHOs posts there is literally one interview with Wendy where she talks about how Artemis is still this massive thing for the team and the betrayal is still deeply felt by the characters and something they are struggling to get over; then right underneath you have an interview with Marc and he's all "yeah you'll see Artemis again but thrres not much we can do with that story we are not going to be writing about her much about her betrayal that fish has fried were moving on to other storylines ...." 

In other words, I think Wendy tumblr metas her interviews.

I found the side by side comparison amusing haha.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, tv echo said:

Despite the shared universe, I think that they're going to avoid any mention of Sara (or any reminder of her existence) for the rest of this season on Arrow because:

1. It would just highlight the stupidity of Laurel's dying words being "Please don't let me be the last Canary."
2. It would invite comparisons between Sara and the New Black Canary.

Aren't they already inviting comparisons since they had NuCanary's entrance her beating up misogynists?

Well I guess that's another point towards Laurel's failure as a character since they are copying Sara the character that did work. 

• Love 4

I think the fact that they are using elements of Sara's story might be a reason for them not to remind the audience of Sara..the new BC is supposed to be a great fighter and equal to Oliver in a way no one else has been so they need to pretend there was no great fighter before her (that had a very compelling story it's hard to beat I might add).

• Love 6

I'd love to see Tina ask, "so why Black Canary?" And then they have to explain. "So there have been two Canaries? Does the city know that?" "No, they're all idiots. It's why Roy pretended to be the Arrow and faked his own death. And no one has questioned it." "So Roy had to leave town but Laurel got a statue and you still can't help him with that now that the city doesn't hate vigilantes?" "Uh..." 

• Love 16

I really want to like Tina/NuCanary and am trying to keep an open mind but I wasn't impressed with the scene we got. Frankly Sara did it better and it only made me miss Sara more, hopefully it improves.

Edited by Thundercatmary
nevermind ;)
  • Love 4

Yeah, but the problem with trying to ignore Sara's existence and her role as a Canary is that she still exists on LoT, which airs the day before Arrow. It's sort of like how they seem to think that their viewers should watch all four shows (and therefore they include stuff like Barry and Cisco's storyline in the crossover being resolved in the LoT part of the crossover) but only when it's convenient for them.

You know, I wonder how exactly they're going to present this to the public. "Hey, Star City, we found a new Black Canary! Isn't it perfect timing that the ugly statue we spent a whole bunch of money on for LL was destroyed? Who destroyed it? Uh, that would be the Earth-2 version of Laurel. She was evil, but the Green Arrow thought she could be redeemed. Why? We still don't know."? 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, insomniadreams88 said:

"Hey, Star City, we found a new Black Canary!

I hadn't even been thinking of the city's reaction.  "But, wait...I thought she died?"  Why would the city call her by the same same?  Even Arrow got turned into Green Arrow.

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1

Not only that but if you were a Star City tax payer would you be okay with your city mayor building an ugly ass statue to essentially what is a criminal in the first place?

Like I'd be all like hey dude our city has been under four terrorist attacks in four years, and entire district got destroyed four years ago and probably hasn't even been rebuilt entirely yet, the economy is failing due to said terrorist attacks (according to the pitch meeting from Ray in the season 3 premiere and I believe was discussed in the season 4 premiere council meeting) which probably means a crappy cost of living and income..... But sure erect a statue to a dead vigilante that hangs around another vigilante that at one time you were accused of being. That's not selfish like at all. 

• Love 14
45 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Random, but how about Schwarzer Kanarienvogel?  

The German tongue is so expressive.  

What about Schwarzerer (blacker)? She wouldn't even need the scream, most random thugs would struggle just with pronouncing it. But beware and remember the horrible "German" thugs back in S1, I think. It took me a while to process what the dudes were saying, even though it ammounted to basically, Drop your weapon.

But I was honestly going for French on account of the sexy factor, which is what I am told is crucial here.

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, bijoux said:

But I was honestly going for French on account of the sexy factor, which is what I am told is crucial here.

Yes being sexy is a must 

Also:

wear leather

cross arms a lot 

Have horrible line delivery of tough girl power type lines because feminism 

be smug and smirk a lot 

Hey presto instant canary

• Love 5
6 hours ago, LeighAn said:

Not only that but if you were a Star City tax payer would you be okay with your city mayor building an ugly ass statue to essentially what is a criminal in the first place?

Like I'd be all like hey dude our city has been under four terrorist attacks in four years, and entire district got destroyed four years ago and probably hasn't even been rebuilt entirely yet, the economy is failing due to said terrorist attacks (according to the pitch meeting from Ray in the season 3 premiere and I believe was discussed in the season 4 premiere council meeting) which probably means a crappy cost of living and income..... But sure erect a statue to a dead vigilante that hangs around another vigilante that at one time you were accused of being. That's not selfish like at all. 

Especially when she wasn't that great to begin with. There were many before her that deserved a statue but you don't see them get one. She only got one cause she died. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, bijoux said:

So maybe stay with Black Canary but everyone has to say it in a stereotypical French accent?  Oo la, la!  It is zee Blac Con-nar-ee!

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 7
8 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

So 5x17 is the FB episode where Oliver finally becomes the hood.  My slavic origins finally good for something. 

What does it mean? I Googled and got Dutch for "broken, damaged, out of order"

Since JB is supposed to come back to Arrow in the beginning of Feb, I guess that's more ammo for Malcolm being the corrupt American businessman? Maybe Oliver finds out that a rich person (Malcolm, but he might not know it yet) wants to ruin parts of Starling City and that's what convinces him to go back to the island to be "saved"?

• Love 4

Also, last December, Brian Ford Sullivan tweeted: "In the middle of writing an emotionally exhausting, forebodingly dark, joyously unorthodox episode of #Arrow. Loving every minute of it."

So I guess he was referring to 517.

Edited by tv echo
5 minutes ago, CooperTV said:

Sooooo, Is "kapot" supposed to be Russian word for "hood"? If so, LOL NOPE.

Whats wrong with it? 

Just now, looptab said:

Wait, wasn't the mostly FB episode supposed to be another one? Though maybe I'm mixing the spoilers.

5x13 is a FB episode for Wild Dog. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, looptab said:

Wait, wasn't the mostly FB episode supposed to be another one? Though maybe I'm mixing the spoilers.

There's a Wild Dog flashback ep in 13. 

I don't think an ep number was ever given for the Russian one that MG talked about in that interview. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

Whats wrong with it? 

kapot (капот) is a) a type of women's hat, around XIX century; b) a type of a morning dress for women in XIX century; c) hood (as in the part of the car), and this is primary usage for this word. Kapot is this:

BMW%20E34%20KAPOT.png

The word that means hood as in clothing is kapushon (капюшон).

Kapushon-7.3.jpg

• Love 7

I don't remember this, but apparently Oliver was given the nickname "Kapot" by Bratva upon initiation...

Due to the fact that Oliver Queen, during his stay on Lian Yu, saved Anatoly from Anthony Ivo, in return, Anatoly made Oliver a captain of Solntsevskaya Bratva,[4] a membership he needed for the hunt for government strongman and part-time crime boss Konstantin Kovar, a brutal ruler of Krasnoyarsk. Anatoly, who oversaw the Krasnoyarsk division of Bratva at that time, recognized Oliver, saving him from death, and offered to help him become a full-time member. After a dangerous initiation process, Anatoly brought Oliver before the other Bratva bosses in Krasnoyarsk, who, after listening to the American, agreed to give him formal Bratva membership, nicknaming him "Kapot".[5]

Oliver later used his Bratva connections in his quest as the Starling City vigilante known as "The Hood".[4]

http://arrow.wikia.com/wiki/Anatoly_Knyazev

And here's one fan's explanation...

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, CooperTV said:

kapot (капот) is a) a type of women's hat, around XIX century; b) a type of a morning dress for women in XIX century; c) hood (as in the part of the car), and this is primary usage for this word. Kapot is this:

BMW%20E34%20KAPOT.png

Kapushon-7.3.jpg

This made me laugh pretty hard. So thanks!

• Love 3
13 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

I hadn't even been thinking of the city's reaction.  "But, wait...I thought she died?"  Why would the city call her by the same same?  Even Arrow got turned into Green Arrow.

I wonder if Oliver will record another video as Green Arrow to announce the new Black Canary. "Hello, Star City. This is the new Black Canary. Before Laurel died, she told me she didn't want to be the last one." "But we thought she was with Oliver Queen before she died?" "Uh... He told me. Yes, that's right. I went to visit the mayor at City Hall and he told me to find another BC to honor her dying wish that she made when she wasn't dying." 

1 hour ago, way2interested said:

Since JB is supposed to come back to Arrow in the beginning of Feb, I guess that's more ammo for Malcolm being the corrupt American businessman? Maybe Oliver finds out that a rich person (Malcolm, but he might not know it yet) wants to ruin parts of Starling City and that's what convinces him to go back to the island to be "saved"?

This would make the most sense so that Oliver doesn't look like an idiot back in S1 when it comes to Malcolm (as opposed to how he looks like an idiot when it comes to him ever since). He knows that there's someone out there but never sees/learns exactly who. And the timing makes sense for Oliver to return to the island and start growing his hair/beard for the rescue. 

• Love 10
43 minutes ago, CooperTV said:

BMW%20E34%20KAPOT.png

Kapushon-7.3.jpg

Ha, this is hilarious. Maybe Oliver becomes a mechanic in this episode?

[I love languages. The word for car hood in Portuguese is "capô" [pronounced ka-poh], and for hood [as in clothing] is "capuz" [pronounced ka-puz or ka-push depending on region]. And the word capote, the one we pronounce ka-pot, derived from the French word capote, means a coat *with a hood*.]

• Love 1
4 hours ago, EmilyBettFan said:

Especially when she wasn't that great to begin with. There were many before her that deserved a statue but you don't see them get one. She only got one cause she died. 

But Oliver loved her so much.....Because Oliver felt so guilty about her death.  So he used his position as mayor to tak government funds to build her a statue on the pier.  A clear abuse of power.

(edited)
10 minutes ago, Belinea said:

Maybe in 5x17 Susan, the one who genuinely cares, will unveil her agenda as well. Or maybe she lost it along the way because she cares now.

Do we know she's in the episode?

Edited by Morrigan2575

Found it! It was in a 505 Bratva flashback scene that we first hear Anatoly call Oliver "Kapot" (scene starts at 2:25 mark, "Kapot" appears as part of subtitle at 3:40 mark)...

Oliver: "I have no family. I have no home. I have no name. (Then in Russian) I am Bratva.”
Anatoly (speaking Russian, with English subtitles appearing on screen): "We are Bratva. Welcome, Kapot.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
57 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I'm hoping Susan is gone after 5x16. There's going to be enough going on by that point in the season (I hope) that we don't need her sticking around too. 

On the plus side - Susan being around more means that we don't have to deal with Tina is a LI spec... 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, AyChihuahua said:

I wonder in which episode Tina will get her full BC getup.

And will she get a mannequin for it since she's the new BC or will they keep Laurel's on a mannequin and leave Tina to keep hers elsewhere, like Rene, Rory and Curtis seem to? 

17 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

And will she get a mannequin for it since she's the new BC or will they keep Laurel's on a mannequin and leave Tina to keep hers elsewhere, like Rene, Rory and Curtis seem to? 

I think she's likely to get one. I truly think Arrow, if not the other shows, are done with KC/LL now. She was just a setup for NuBC.

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 1

We don't say car hood, we say bonnet, so now all I can hear is "I am bonnet'. I keep picture him running around, leaping off buildings in a 1800's inspired green bonnet complete with a jaunty bow tied under his chin, obscuring his face.

• Love 8