Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

6 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I hope that Diggle takes the advice to heart and goes lighter while Felicity goes darker.  It's counter intuitive and different than the characters have been up to now.

I'm thinking that's how it's going to happen. Diggle will take it to heart and work with Chase/the law/the team to try to clear himself and ruin the General's scheme while Felicity just decides to cut Oliver out of her plans to take a "the ends justify the means" approach, ironically exactly what Oliver usually does. 

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, way2interested said:

I'm thinking that's how it's going to happen. Diggle will take it to heart and work with Chase/the law/the team to try to clear himself and ruin the General's scheme while Felicity just decides to cut Oliver out of her plans to take a "the ends justify the means" approach, ironically exactly what Oliver usually does. 

This makes sense, since we got that tease from SA about episode 515-ish, right? 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I just still don't get bringing in a meta and someone with magic rags in the season after magic when the promotion for the season was "back to basics." 

As for again mentioning the sides are fake, maybe he's hoping that some people will believe him because he wants Oliver/Tina to be some sort of surprise if it's going to happen? You know what would be better? Outright saying "she's not going to be Oliver's LI because we've finally learned that new female characters who aren't related to Oliver don't need to sleep with him." 

Could be. But I just took it as Marc being Marc. Arrow producers never give straight forward answers, they double talk and vague up just about every answer they give so I think him saying casting sides are fake and make up your own mind about Tina is probably as close to a denial as we will get from Marc while not holding him to a response. 

For example they might not have plans to make Tina the love interest but they don't want to outright say "she will never be Olivers love interest" incase plans change somewhere down the line and they have fans pulling up their quotes and parroting back at them. 

So they go for half denials.

1 minute ago, way2interested said:

Yep this sounds reasonable. Maybe she starts off including Oliver but then  his don't be me talk makes her afraid of his disappointment so she starts her whole keeping secrets part of her storyline.

I just hope that Marc is right that they are protecting her character through this storyline and not lessening her.

I don't want this to be another Laurel ressurects Sara storyline where they have her so shady things with little motivation or on screen personal insight into why and then not redeem her but blame others or make excuses.

I want Felicity to towe moral lines and make ends justify means calls. I want her to make mistakes and be conflicted about her choices and who she is. But I also hope that they have her own her choices and decisions and mistakes and evolve from there.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I just still don't get bringing in a meta and someone with magic rags in the season after magic when the promotion for the season was "back to basics."

I don't remember when (likely it was in one of his FB videos), but SA admitted that "back to basics" was just a line they were using to sell only the first couple episodes, not intended to be a season-long theme.

22 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

You reckon there is anyway Oliver/Tina could be another stall to Olicity or should we shippers pack our bags if that happens?

I seriously doubt the show runners will have fully committed to ending Olicity at this point even if they do have Olivina go there.  But maybe less of a stall and more of an exploration of their options.   Of course they may not go there at all or only flirt with it to cause purposeful panic. They like their negative buzz for some reason. 

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

I don't remember when (likely it was in one of his FB videos), but SA admitted that "back to basics" was just a line they were using to sell only the first couple episodes, not intended to be a season-long theme.

I think I remember that video too. I always saw through "back to basics" as Dear Males 18-49 please watch the show.

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I seriously doubt the show runners will have fully committed to ending Olicity at this point even if they do have Olivina go there.  But maybe less of a stall and more of an exploration of their options.   Of course they may not go there at all or only flirt with it to cause purposeful panic. They like their negative buzz for some reason. 

I can't take the stress!!! I keep waiting for a sensible fellow shipper to declare it's time to pack my bags!

• Love 1
(edited)
8 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I thought the dialogue tease was Rene because 'bazillionth" seems like something he would say. But if it is Curtis, is that a cue he may give up being in the field for Paul?

Curtis' story in 5B is about finding his strength. So he's going to start creating gadgets to help him in the field and a new suit.

Basically Arrow will end up resembling LoT, magic, metas, suits and special guns.

Edited by Morrigan2575

Assuming that Curtis constantly getting beat up is what leads him to make some fancy gadgets down the road, I still don't understand why Mister Terrific didn't emerge the other way round, with Curtis helping the team as the gadget maker and in return, learning to fight for self defense purposes.  Then he could have somewhere down the line been urgently called on to use what he's been taught and realize that he could be of use to the team in a mask as well.  

• Love 11
2 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

Assuming that Curtis constantly getting beat up is what leads him to make some fancy gadgets down the road, I still don't understand why Mister Terrific didn't emerge the other way round, with Curtis helping the team as the gadget maker and in return, learning to fight for self defense purposes.  Then he could have somewhere down the line been urgently called on to use what he's been taught and realize that he could be of use to the team in a mask as well.  

Because Masks sell Merchandise?

• Love 3

There is a preview clip that I can't link on mobile. Its Diggle and Chases first meeting. I like Chase in the clip. He and Diggle sound like they are trying to figure out who can have the most gravelly voice. I'm still not too enthused about Diggle storyline but I might like this dynamic.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Chaser said:

There is a preview clip that I can't link on mobile. Its Diggle and Chases first meeting. I like Chase in the clip. He and Diggle sound like they are trying to figure out who can have the most gravelly voice. I'm still not too enthused about Diggle storyline but I might like this dynamic.

Yeah, I got invested into the scene pretty quick, tbh. I really want to know how this pair-off ends up and how they ultimately get Diggle out of prison (even though it looks like that won't really happen until 511).

Im curious about how he gets out too. We know Felicity is involved in 5x11 so my guess is Felicity finds the evidence and Chase argues it in court or does some sly dealings to get them to drop the charges. I hope Felicity has scenes with them.

• Love 2

While I like the scene, I have to wonder why the writers didn't include the threat on Dig's life the first time around. It would have made Lyla and Oliver springing him out ASAP make more sense.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

At first I thought it was because they didn't want someone in the lair similar to Felicity all the time, so they stuck him in the field and figured he could help Felicity when necessary. Then we started getting him doing things that Felicity would've done herself before he was around/interrupting her like in the crossover and I figured it was because of how they regard masks. 

• Love 1

I really like how this interviewer pressed WM on how they rushed Olicity's breakup and Billy's introduction. 

http://mashable.com/2017/01/25/arrow-season-5-spoilers-laurel-oliver-felicity-dating/#JdnluwoZ_OqI

Also, looks like if reunion happens it won't be for a while:

For us going forward, and for Felicity too, it's really about, "what does this loss mean?" What it means for her and Oliver I think is a question we will have to address in the future, but ... I think at the earliest, it will be towards the end of the season. She's a great character, and she deserves to have her own storylines. Emily Bett Rickards is amazing. That's been the goal this season, and that's why we've been going the way we have.

And it sounds like the people she teams up with when she goes "dark" are completely new characters:

Even though it is a new organization and it's a completely new set of characters, we are going to come to find out later in the year that she unwittingly had a part in their inception. We're excited about that.

Wendy was the only one that pushes the Malone storyline makes me think she pushed for it. Yeah she was so happy with him that she couldn't tell if it was real and wasn't able to call him her bf.

Wow I wonder how KC's fans will finally feel about Wendy outright saying she's not coming back for the rest of the season. Finally we have an affirmative answer, the question is will they believe this and move on with their lives. I guess not.

I hope Tina is an actual badass and not another case of everyone calling her a badass and her failing. I've wanted a kickass female fighter on this show and the closest we had was Sara. 

Sounds like Ragman goes on to something else beyond 5x12, why can't WD be the one who goes on to do something else and occasionally helps the team?

• Love 4

Wow, that interview told me more than EW's did yesterday. Kind of wondering how they're going to randomly introduce a new group for Felicity to work with but ok?

I kind of laughed at this

We love Wild Dog, and I know that there's a little bit of a mixed reception with the fans, but hopefully when we see where he came from and what his origins are, we'll get some people on his team. 

I'm not someone who hates Wild Dog or anything, but I do find it funny that she's actually acknowledging the negative perceptions of his character. But also,

Then with Ragman, there's a really cool story coming up for him in episode 512 that we're really excited about that will set him on a slightly different path, but ultimately he'll still be kind of working with the team.

Guess Rory might be out of the picture for some episodes?

And

Evelyn is going to ... Definitely we're not going to leave her dangling. We love Madison, and we loved having her on the show. We're going to bring her back in a very surprising way. I would say it's somewhere in the teens [of the season].

Huzzah for them possibly not forgetting Evelyn this time around!

• Love 1

They didn't ask the most important question, which is whether Felicity punches someone in this episode or not? I need to know! ;P

It makes me laugh how they're already saying Tina is Oliver's equal. They really are just gonna have a new fully formed BC. Well, at least I don't have to watch yet another origin story. So that's something, I suppose.

All of the Felicity stuff sounds interesting, especially how her path is kicked off by trying to help Diggle. I hope this means there's actual Delicity scenes coming up. It's been centuries. 

12 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Felicity was "very happy" with Billy? We never saw that? It's like that "spring in her step" she apparently had. 

Yeah, we never saw that at all. I'm all for exploring a separate Felicity storyline but they could have done that without Billy. As much as I liked that interview, she said things about 5A that don't really reflect what we saw at all. We didn't see Felicity happy or with any kind of life since splitting from Oliver. And she certainly didn't put Billy in Prometheus' crosshairs. He was already investigating him. If anything, she tried to keep Billy away from it.

The only self-aware part of the interview was when she mentioned the fan reception to Wild Dog.

I did appreciate her warning us that an Olicity reunion isn't coming anytime soon. I kind of assumed but now I know to temper expectations...

• Love 6
Just now, Morrigan2575 said:

I wonder if she's the one on the mayor's couch in 513? The one people freaked out thinking it was William or Susan?

Maybe. It would match up, although I wonder if WM was referring to late teen episodes they didn't film yet during the interview (516-519) or if she is actually just referring something they've already done.

It may not be the case, but my first thought upon reading that interview was that they seem to think they can't give Felicity whatever storyline they have had planned for her in 5B without keeping her and Oliver apart. So they're probably holding off any thoughts of a reunion - or a decision to not reunite - until after it's done, hence 

For us going forward, and for Felicity too, it's really about, "what does this loss mean?" What it means for her and Oliver I think is a question we will have to address in the future, but ... I think at the earliest, it will be towards the end of the season. She's a great character, and she deserves to have her own storylines. Emily Bett Rickards is amazing. That's been the goal this season, and that's why we've been going the way we have

It makes it sound like in order for Felicity to have a storyline, she and Oliver can't be together. That may just be me, but that's how it seems to come across when first reading quotes like that. 

6 minutes ago, Trisha said:

And she certainly didn't put Billy in Prometheus' crosshairs. He was already investigating him. If anything, she tried to keep Billy away from it.

Exactly. And that's a disservice to Billy's character as a detective, which is the only thing we knew about him. It can't be on Felicity to keep him from basically doing his job. Should she have made him quit? Tied him to a chair or something to keep him from leaving the loft? 

Wasn't it WM who said something in an interview early in the season that sounded like Felicity could be blamed for Havenrock in some way? Really, WM needs to stop giving interviews - or be a lot more careful about what she says. 

• Love 8

I thought the person on the couch could be Thea but it could be Evelyn. I didn't know why people thought it was William because it seemed to me the person had boobs, LOL.

I rolled my eyes at the bit about Tina being Oliver's equal because Oliver had the type of training that it's not easy to top and they always forget that to make the new masks seem stronger. Either put them through hell as well or acknowledge the differences.

• Love 5

I get what they mean by oliver and felicity being apart so that felicity can be on this dark path. Felicity was always Oliver's light and if they were still in that relationship she would be doing her best to keep him out of the dark so it wouldn't make sense for them to give her that sort of story where she does a morally questionable thing. I also don't see how the Havenrock thing would've let her to this path but Oliver being forced to kill someone she somewhat cared about is what tipped the scales for her. 

They did give her an independent storyline last year when they were together and we all know it wasn't handled properly so I maybe they thought to try it this way this season.

(edited)
20 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

I rolled my eyes at the bit about Tina being Oliver's equal because Oliver had the type of training that it's not easy to top and they always forget that to make the new masks seem stronger. Either put them through hell as well or acknowledge the differences.

Think about it this way. The original casting call for Lisa (Sara) mentioned that she was Oliver's equal in every way. In order to set that up, they put Sara on the Amazo and The Island and joined the LoA. Sarah is textually supposed to a better fighter than Diggle. So how can Tina be Oliver's equal without LoA training?

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 6

Yeah they do make it sound like she can't have a storyline if they're together which makes no sense considering she had way more storyline during in season 4 than 5A. I do think it would have been harder to have a darker storyline where she's keeping secrets and going off on her own if olicity was together and happy so I can see it in that sense. But I think WM is mostly saying that to justify the dumb stalling and try to make it seem beneficial to the show and characters when it's really not.I'm really looking forward to Felicity's storyline, it does sound good so hopefully they deliver. 

Glad to hear LL won't be showing up anytime soon imo probably ever again tbh.I do hope Tina is a good addition and the stuff they say about her comes across onscreen but I doubt it, it really hasn't for most of the other masks. 

Edited by tangerine95
  • Love 6
10 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

It makes it sound like in order for Felicity to have a storyline, she and Oliver can't be together. That may just be me, but that's how it seems to come across when first reading quotes like that. 

Yeah, that's how I read it too. Like she can either be the love interest or have her own storylines, but can't be both. Which is...yikes.

I'm hoping the reasoning is more about the fact that if they were happy and living together, Oliver would be quicker to notice her pulling away from the team and going down a darker path. But having them barely acting like friends these days (plus him being distracted by Susan/Tina/Prometheus) means she can keep secrets without him catching on right away. But still, there had to be a better way for WM to frame that. And this was one of her better interviews!

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Think about it this way. The original casting call for Lisa (Sarah) mentioned that she was Oliver's equal in every way. In order to set that up, they put Sara on the Amazon and The Island and joined the LoA. Sarah is textually supposed to a better fighter than Diggle. So how can Tina be Oliver's equal without LoA training?

To me she can't. I can buy Sara or Nyssa as equal to Oliver but they gave Sara the perfect backstory already and I don't see how they can top that.

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Which is weird because Felicity actually had more storyline when she was with Oliver than she has so far this season. Having a pointless boyfriend is not a storyline. I mean, that interview even says that her dark path is kicked off by her drive to save Diggle. She could've reached that same place even without Mayo Bread.

They really just don't want O/F together anymore. At least, that's how it looks to me.

Edited by Guest
9 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

To me she can't. I can buy Sara or Nyssa as equal to Oliver but they gave Sara the perfect backstory already and I don't see how they can top that.

Oh, I agree but, that's what they're selling. It is kind of laughable because I really can just see some network suit pushing this whole thing. I honestly don't think that Wild Dog nor Tina/BC are creative decisions but WB pushes. I can't even rule out the rest of the Noobs except Curtis.

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

Or they just needed O/F to spend the majority of s5 apart. 

That too. Either way is possible.