Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

2 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

I don't write fic, but given how embittered and negative the fandom has been, I don't know why I would want to. Doesn't make for the most encouraging environment.

I can only speak for myself -- I stopped reading Arrow fic when S4 started, because when my 'ship is happening on screen I tend to not read fic. I figured once O/F got broken up I would go back to fic, as I have always done, but it never happened. I think I read 3 or 4 one shots at most since then. I'm now realizing fic writers might have felt the same way.

I don't write fic, but I make fanart. When I love a character all I wanna do it fanart them. But I also like to make fanart that sometimes mock the show and the characters. And even when I *was* making Arrow fanart I was sure I could never post the mocking/ironic stuff on Tumblr, bc fandom would pounce. And I understand that it is because Arrow fandom has always been way more sensitive than any other fandom I've been a part of, because of the comic canon x Felicity divide that only got bigger as time passed.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

I don't write fic, but given how embittered and negative the fandom has been, I don't know why I would want to. Doesn't make for the most encouraging environment.

I don't think it's fair..there's a lot of criticism towards the show but there's a lot of love for fic writers because they have nothing to do with how the show is written and also get praised for giving fans content they like in a moment where the show doesn't. There's more support towards fic writers now than when Oliver and Felicity were together on the show. A couple of writers I follow on twitter said that the show is making them want to quit their stories but they won't because of the support they are getting from their readers.

• Love 5
(edited)
20 minutes ago, way2interested said:

So are you ultimately thinking that Talia is going to be an interim villain until the end, working for/with Prometheus, or the real big bad (a la Dark Knight Rises)?

That was my spec after 509 aired and we learned that Talia trained Prometheus. I think Talia is going to be revealed as the True Big Bad for S5. It's just a classic, let's rip Off The Dark Knight, MG move. Talia = Talia, Prometheus = Bane, Susan = Miranda Tate (role of LI that betrays Oliver/Bruce).

We've had a couple of big setups for Susan, the wrist tattoo and the beyond obvious Russian Vodka shot in 509. So it definitely seems that she's tied to Russia and Talia.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 4

If Susan is working for/with Talia why is she investigating Oliver's time in Russia? Wouldn't Talia have made her aware of it especially if she was her daughter?

Around 5.15 Felicity has a secret that others know about but Oliver is kept out of the loop on. Events  in 5.10-5.12 launch her dark arc. IF we get a dark BOP in 5.14 then 5.15 might be Oliver finding out about their escapade but not Felicity's involvement.  7 episodes later cue his discovery.  :-) 

The only plot purpose I can come up with for Oliver and Susan to be a couple after the reveal is to keep people guessing where they are headed with him romantically.  They don't care how stupid he looks.  Meanwhile they test audience reaction with GA/BC, Oliver & Felicity are still on hold, and TPTB decide who will be THE LI.  My guess is both sets of shippers go into hiatus thinking it's their ship.  This hiatus is more pleasant for the show runners. LOL!

• Love 3
55 minutes ago, ladylaw99 said:

Unfortunately, the show has not made me care at all about Susan so if she is working for Talia and started to have feelings for Oliver it would be boring for me.  If they were going to make this a real relationship, I wish the writers would have put in more of an effort to show the potential obstacle she will face to betray or not betray him.  Right now I have a hard time believing they are even dating.

haha I don't want to care about any love interest for Oliver, I am supposed to either be apathetic or hate her with a passion. Right now, I can't stand Susan and I think partly it's how Carly plays her for me. She doesn't even come off as a bad girl but just a girl trying too hard. I wish there was some mystery to her or if CP showed that side, I could believe it but right now it's just a big ol "get the fuck off my screen" with her.

• Love 12
1 minute ago, Velocity23 said:

Is there really any GA/BC testing if Oliver still going all in with the reporter. I would actually presume that there is more opportunity for Tina/Felicity friendship then anything else. 

I assume they will be operating on screen as fighting partners. I'd love it if it was more a Tina/Felicity thing but since everyone seems to be parroting Geoff Johns "You can't have GA without BC" I'm trying to be realistic not pessimistic.  I'd love to be wrong!  As I said it's the only reason I can think of why Oliver would continue seeing Susan after the reveal. 

Has Oliver become unobservant? Seems like he should have noticed the Arrow on Susan's wrist and asked about it already.  

• Love 1

I am guessing he is being sensitive since he has his own scars. 

Well BC will be around. Just look at the role KC had as BC before they started writing towards her death arc. She was background noise. And then they needed to made her "important" so we got sob stories.

Edited by Velocity23
2 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Has Oliver become unobservant? Seems like he should have noticed the Arrow on Susan's wrist and asked about it already.  

Some men don't even notice if you dye your hair purple, LOL. But never mind Oliver..she went to the party with her arms naked so anyone could have noticed the tattoo..both Felicity and Curtis seem more the inquisitive type but it's not time for anyone to notice anything according to the plot I guess.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

Some men don't even notice if you dye your hair purple, LOL. But never mind Oliver..she went to the party with her arms naked so anyone could have noticed the tattoo..both Felicity and Curtis seem more the inquisitive type but it's not time for anyone to notice anything according to the plot I guess.

Thea should have noticed it too - she knows firsthand that Susan is shady. 

• Love 1

I know that after Laurel failed as a character the show kinda treated Black Canary and Laurel as two separate characters and all, but what are they banking on here? That giving Tina the BC name automatically makes people 'ship her with Oliver because comics? What about the because comics part about the name being the most important part of why Laurel was BC and Sara wasn't?

I really don't have the emotional intelligence for this kind of 'shipping. It's too complicated. My method is so much easier: pretty people look at each other. Boom.

• Love 9
23 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Did we only see it when she reached for the elevator that one time or was it also visible during the holiday party scene? I can't bring myself to rewatch it...

You guys are really observant - I didn't even notice the arrow or the vodka.  I guess I zoomed out more than I thought.  I knew I didn't pay attention when Susan was on screen but wow that is bad on my part.  I have officially made her my new LL - I see her and I get a snack.

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, ladylaw99 said:

You guys are really observant - I didn't even notice the arrow or the vodka.  I guess I zoomed out more than I thought.  I knew I didn't pay attention when Susan was on screen but wow that is bad on my part.  I have officially made her my new LL - I see her and I get a snack.

I didn't notice the wrist mark either until a TV Line writer tweeted about it: 

• Love 1

I'm waiting for the interview where one of the EPs goes, "Oh, you saw that? We thought we were being subtle zooming in on it." Sort of like the "Oh, you noticed the Russian vodka? We thought we were being so careful about revealing Susan's shady. Never mind 503 or her investigating Oliver's past in Russia." 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Hah! Would be funny if that was a makeup fail

As I haven't been watching, has anyone mentioned the brand/tattoo? Cuz it kind of looks like a tattoo that CP has that Makeup tried to cover up and failed. (Same thing happened to Foggy in Daredevil and it completely took me out of the scene. Would have been better to just let the character have the tattoo.)

• Love 2
Just now, calliope1975 said:

As I haven't been watching, has anyone mentioned the brand/tattoo? Cuz it kind of looks like a tattoo that CP has that Makeup tried to cover up and failed.

Could be both. Could be that they had to cover up a tattoo in order to add a brand/tattoo and it just failed in how it looks onscreen and they didn't want to bother correcting it/didn't have the time to do so?

Just now, calliope1975 said:

As I haven't been watching, has anyone mentioned the brand/tattoo? Cuz it kind of looks like a tattoo that CP has that Makeup tried to cover up and failed.

Like maybe the foundation/concealer they used oxidized on her skin? It looks like that too.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, tv echo said:

My ADDENDUM #5 TO SUMMARY OF S5 SPOILERS BY TOPIC (posted yesterday) has been moved to the Season 5 Spoiler Archive thread. Thanks, mods!

ETA: Curious, though, that thread (under "SORT BY") indicates the last post added was Dec. 6, 2016, not Jan. 16, 2017.

That is indeed perplexing, I don't know why it doesn't show a newer post. Might try heading over to the Bugs section and asking in there.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Could be both. Could be that they had to cover up a tattoo in order to add a brand/tattoo and it just failed in how it looks onscreen and they didn't want to bother correcting it/didn't have the time to do so?

Would they have zoomed in on it like that if that was the case?  I mean, wouldn't they just have edited it differently?

• Love 2

Yeah, I mean, this is a pick up shot, you don't even need Carly Pope on set -- you can use the arm of the stand in. So in theory, if they made sure to show her wrist with the mark/stain/scar/brand whatever, then it's supposed to be part of the story.

But this is Arrow and they left Roy to drown in a puddle after Palmer killed him, so.

Edited by dtissagirl
  • Love 11

I also noticed that Katie isn't wearing her nose ring when she's in the cave in 5X09 but when we saw the trailer for 5X10 she had the nose ring, so obviously they let her film with the nose ring on. Then in the latest non spoilery trailer, she still doesn't have the nose ring on in the cave so I think they shot that scene during her 5x08 appearance and everything else during 5x10 filming. Since it's so large, I'm shocked nobody asked her to take it off, why would Laurel need a rose ring, did time travel mess her up?

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

Was it confirmed she was wearing a nose ring in that trailer? I remember some saying it looked like it, but I don't remember whether it was confirmed.

Oh it's pretty obvious that she's wearing it. I don't have the zoomed in pics.

If Susan has a tattoo of an arrow, why would it be an arrow?  Is there something pertinent to the Arrow?   Or to the idea of an archer? Does she know that Oliver is the Green Arrow?  Or did she just stumble into it?  Am I overthinking this?

5 hours ago, bijoux said:

Having Oliver sex up both mother and daughter (if that turns out to be the case) puts this in the same box with Isabel for me. Only with the added flavor of forced marriage to the gay aunt.

When you put it like that.... now I really want it.  It's certainly more interesting than the "Susan is investigating Oliver but his magic penis makes her change to supporting him".  Zzzzzzzzzz

I'll take either Prometheus or Susan as the offspring of Talia, preferably with Oliver having slept with Talia in the past.

4 hours ago, ladylaw99 said:

Unfortunately, the show has not made me care at all about Susan so if she is working for Talia and started to have feelings for Oliver it would be boring for me.  If they were going to make this a real relationship, I wish the writers would have put in more of an effort to show the potential obstacle she will face to betray or not betray him.  Right now I have a hard time believing they are even dating.

I'm not sure the are dating yet other than Oliver asking her to be his date for the "holiday party".    I think the real dating will start from here on in after she's soothed his pain from killing Billy.  But I do agree that as a compelling relationship it's <<<<<<<<< worse than Felicity's with Billy with the added ick factor of what Susan did to Thea and Oliver ignoriing it.

3 hours ago, Sunshine said:

I can buy no one at the party noticing it (maybe she covered it up makeup) but I guess Oliver isn't going to show with her. Ever.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Chaser said:

Upside down so its pointed up. I thought she just had a half circle?

If KC actually pierced her nose then it's definitely not a half circle. If it's a clip on then IDK how she'd be able to twist it.

On 12/26/2016 at 8:50 PM, Primal Slayer said:

Maybe im imagining things but it looks like Katies nose piercing fell out from hiding during this shot

tumblr_oitreqZTOh1u6w5rho1_500.gif

Is this the pic being referenced?  I couldn't tell whether there was actually a nose ring or not.

Black Siren clearly decides to stop and get a nose ring before the big reveal that she's not actually Laurel. She probably figures she has time since it takes them so long to realize she's not their dead friend. 

Edited by insomniadreams88
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

She is wearing a nose ring lately so I think it's that.

She's also sporting a British accent which..?????

????

???????????????????????????????

????

I mention this because it's so confusing as to why she does this I was hoping someone could explain her thought process

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 2