Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Why are they doing this to torture us. What did we do to deserve this pain, all we ever did was promote this show and our couple. They break up olicity then find ways to bring LL back to the show. good grief, it's like they don't want us watching anymore.

• Love 10

I didn't know until I read this ComicBook article that George Pérez is the artist who acted as the original penciler for the Vigilante in 1983, so I guess this MG tweet means that a police sketch of the Vigilante will debut in 501 but, per previous spoilers, the actual Vigilante will debut in 507? ...

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

The more I think about it, the more I think WM just gave a really poorly worded answer. 

I think they are bringing BS as the VoTW, much like she was on Flash. It's mid season gimmicky, reinforces their theme and has a bit of Flashpoint. 

The only other thing would be a What If, but I don't think they would do that when they already have elements of it in the 100th. The only way you could do What If is if you bring back so may of the original players and that's already happening two episodes before. 

Updated synopsis does not make me want to watch it anymore than the original one did. 

• Love 2
(edited)
25 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I think maybe a little too much is being made out of WM's interview. 

Yep. ???

I think the confusion is coming from "episodes" people are thinking that means 510 - ?? As if she has an arc or open return and will be back for 510-523 or for several of those episodes.  

For me, given the context and what we know of 508, i think she's talking about 508 and 510 and these are the "episodes" where Laurel is alive and well. Once from whatever AU or Alien Mind Trick is played in 508 and once from Flashpoint (510).

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 8

We all knew KC would show up again. She did sign that multiple show contract. I was hoping for only images but if they thought of storyline for her to appear that's why she is. I still think it's one or two episode thing. A flashback or dream or something along those lines if she's playing Earth 1 Laurel or an appearance of BS (which is the best initials for her) where she will probably be killed since they killed off almost all the villains from Earth 2. 

• Love 3
13 hours ago, statsgirl said:

“What’s a guy got to do to get a little love?”  That really does sound like The Count.  I miss him.  Maybe it's Tobias Church.

I hope it's the new BF to Felicity because the relationship is a ruse on her part and she's avoiding any intimacy with him.  Hey, a shipping fangirl can hope!

Everything I think is going to be bad about the upcoming season goes back to that stupid BMD. Or LL. Or Barry. Ugh.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Sakura12 said:

She did sign that multiple show contract

Was it just me or was that news as hush-hush as possible. It felt like nobody made a big deal out of it. Maybe I just didn't because I was trusting them not to bring her back from the dead. My bad. 

Yeah, with this news I am out until the next season shows up on Netflix. I am uninterested in them breaking up Olicity for another season and LL coming back. Gross. They don't get their audience at all.

• Love 3
51 minutes ago, Belinea said:

Was it just me or was that news as hush-hush as possible. It felt like nobody made a big deal out of it. Maybe I just didn't because I was trusting them not to bring her back from the dead. My bad. 

It wasn't hush hush but they didn't make a big deal out of it. MG spilled the beans at Comic Con to an Olicity blogger before it was announced at the panel.  And that announcement was pretty much a 'Oh and this is happening too.'

• Love 1

Kind of random.

Up thread there was speculation as to what completely dick move MG would pull in the opening that he'd then be shocked at how upset people will be over it...and as much as people aren't going to like tiny hands, I just out of nowhere as I was going about my day had this strong wave on anger come over me when thinking about the possible swapping of Baby Sara for Conner.  

I mean we've been speculating about that since comicon but how much it bothers me on a visceral level has only increased.  You just know that if they have done this (and I'm really getting that vibe - I hope I'm wrong) they would think they were super clever but all I can see is the message it sends that girls are disposable and not good enough.  So that's my prediction for this year's MG's completely tone deaf award.  And if it does happen, I hope the fans and media eviscerate them all for it.    

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 13
4 minutes ago, Chaser said:

MG spilled the beans at Comic Con to an Olicity blogger before it was announced at the panel.  And that announcement was pretty much a 'Oh and this is happening too.'

Which pissed GATV dude so much because he brings it up every single time, LMAO!

I'm with the folks who think KC's return is not as a big a deal as some might think. The 100th ep makes sense since they're bringing familiar faces back. I'm not exactly sure about 5x10 but I hope they bring back BS instead of BC because at least KC can pull off the bitchy villain.

• Love 3

I am a bit miffed she's coming back, but only because she detracts from my enjoyment of the show. That said I a) doubt she's going to be there for more than three or four episodes (over the course of the season) and b) think we're going to be able to get a significant amount of snark and meta from her appearance. So if I don't enjoy the episode, I know I will enjoy the commentary. 

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I mean we've been speculating about that since comicon but how much it bothers me on a visceral level has only increased.  You just know that if they have done this (and I'm really getting that vibe - I hope I'm wrong) they would think they were super clever but all I can see is the message it sends that girls are disposable and not good enough.  So that's my prediction for this year's MG's completely tone deaf award.  And if it does happen, I hope the fans and media eviscerate them all for it.    

I do think is going to happen.  And not only does it prove that girls are disposable, but it also proves that non-masks are disposable as well.  Sara Diggle doesn't have a DESTINY, so she's not needed.

• Love 7

I'm still taking a wait-and-see attitude by watching the first few episodes before I make a final judgment as to whether I'm going to watch week-to-week or whether to stack the episodes on the DVR and then binge depending on whether he newbies truly are minor characters, Flashpoint hasn't screwed things up beyond recognition, and they actually give Felicity a decent storyline not tied to relationship melodrama.  Frankly, I'm not optimistic that these things will happen as the producers suck at not pissing me off and are terrible at characterization. 

The Laurel news doesn't faze me in the least because I doubt we'll see more than a grand total of 3 scenes with her in the first 10 episodes.  I'm more concerned about the writers falling into the same pitfalls that they're known for.  I'm tired of the same tired, predictable tropes and with TPTB "resetting" the show I fear that we're just going to have to re-live the same mistakes all over again.

• Love 1

While I trust MG & WM about as far as I can throw them...the news made me happy and like

tumblr_n4ovm9vM5K1qjmduto8_250.giftumblr_n4ovm9vM5K1qjmduto9_250.gif

Now just dont screw it up (which I am sure they will). But hopefully that episode(s) means at least 5 episodes, if not more when talking about the universe as a whole.  Laurel is just the gift that keeps on giving lol, once you think it is all said it done and the talks will die down, something happens and she is right on everyones radar again.

Edited by Primal Slayer
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Accepting that a gender switch will happen, if Barry reverses FP will Sara come back?

I think Barry will reverse his timeline by the end of his episode- so before Arrow even starts -but that there will be a few things that he still doesn't unchange with the reversal. (Or perhaps actually changes just at that point) I think Sara will be one of them.  :(

Edited by BkWurm1
Spelling is hard ;p
  • Love 2

I thought flashpoint lasted until the end of 302 of The Flash. Then the lingering after effects continue on in episode 3 on both shows.

But count me in as someone who thinks Sara Diggle is no more. Poor wibble thing.

Edited by Guest
3 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

While I trust MG & WM about as far as I can throw them...the news made me happy and like

tumblr_n4ovm9vM5K1qjmduto8_250.giftumblr_n4ovm9vM5K1qjmduto9_250.gif

Now just dont screw it up (which I am sure they will). But hopefully that episode(s) means at least 5 episodes, if not more when talking about the universe as a whole.  Laurel is just the gift that keeps on giving lol, once you think it is all said it done and the talks will die down, something happens and she is right on everyones radar again.

I'm still eagerly anticipating the day talk about her dies down.  Good to have goals. Lol

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Accepting that a gender switch will happen, if Barry reverses FP will Sara come back?

If they're doing Flashpoint like in the comics, it's the switch back to "normal" that goes screwy, and instead of 100% back to the way it was before, some things are different than they were before. AND those things didn't even need to be happening in the temporary alternate reality at all.

• Love 1

I know that some fans were really upset when KC's BC died but was she really missing in the last few episodes of the season? Other than the fact that everyone played WWLLD? I didn't feel like her presence left this gaping hole... But maybe that is just me.

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I'm still eagerly anticipating the day talk about her dies down.  Good to have goals. Lol

Personally, I think this may be a one year deal. They are tying up the five years.

• Love 3

Did we know Anarchy would be back?

I don't know if it's because a screener pointed out Felicity's wardrobe, but it does seem quite colorful this year. I wonder if it's a reference to Felicity's response when she believed Cooper killed himself or just a coincidence. 

“Arrow” is the darkest series among The CW’s DC shows. How would you rate this season on a scale of one to ten of bleakness?
It’s pretty bleak! We’re going back to bleak, I think.

Spoiler alert, Wendy: you never fucking left bleak. That you think you did and that this year is going to be bleaker, well...yikes.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 20

Ouch.

That had some not great responses. It looks like she is trying to adjust how she talks about Havenrock, so they heard Twitter. No one ever really stays dead? There are so many better ways to say we would see KC again without contradicting last season's purpose and your new seasons set up. 

• Love 3

Honestly what has changed in terms of KC. Why was the deal signed and why are we hearing that she is now alive and well whether through flashpoint or not. I get that KC can't seem to find any work at the moment but is this a case of her having a lot of connections in the CW or them feeling sorry for her. Either way, I really don't get this. Also it seems like because everyone complained about season 4 they want to undo everything that happened during that whole season.

2 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

Honestly what has changed in terms of KC. Why was the deal signed and why are we hearing that she is now alive and well whether through flashpoint or not. 

Nothing has changed. Even after she died - in interviews right after the episode where Laurel bit it, MG mentioned that Arrow takes place in a world where there are always interesting ways to bring people back (I disagree with him on his interpretation of "interesting," but whatever). During a season where they're using her last words to Oliver to "inform" his journey, and in a universe where there's time travel and other Earths, and one where we know she's alive and a villain (and possibly not locked up in a meta human jail thanks to Flashpoint), there was pretty much zero chance we'd never see her again. 

• Love 4

I took other viewpoints as the audience. She may have been talking about Ragman tho.

Gross if this is going to be used to flesh out noob #4 and Oliver. 

9 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

Honestly what has changed in terms of KC. Why was the deal signed and why are we hearing that she is now alive and well whether through flashpoint or not. I get that KC can't seem to find any work at the moment but is this a case of her having a lot of connections in the CW or them feeling sorry for her. Either way, I really don't get this. Also it seems like because everyone complained about season 4 they want to undo everything that happened during that whole season.

It's the wording that I don't like. Saying KC will make appearances is fine because that is the universe but saying that no one stays dead just sounds stupid.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I took other viewpoints as the audience. She may have been talking about Ragman tho.

Yeah, I did too. That's what I don't like - who cares about other viewpoints. Those are people who willfully cannot understand facts - writing a storyline about her actually being responsible for their deaths is a no for me. If she just feels guilty and the story is about that, then...fine. 

3 minutes ago, Chaser said:

It's the wording that I don't like. Saying KC will make appearances is fine because that is the universe but saying that no one stays dead just sounds stupid.

She should've just said something like "no one stays gone" or something. Because so far we have seen all the major non-villain characters who have died again after they've died on screen in hallucinations or flashbacks. Now we'll have time travel and alternate Earths to throw into the mix. 

(edited)
21 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I still don't like how she's talking about Havenrock:

Uh...whose points of view are you talking about?

Personally, i think she's hedging but, my guess is she's talking about Felicity's own guilt and Ragman. If they decide to give Felicity a HavenRock storyline, having Ragman initially blaming Felicity would make sense.  It would feed into Felicity's own guilt on the subject and then (eventually) lead to catharsis for both characters.  One probably suffering Suvivor's guilt the other suffering guilt over her actions/choices/in actions etc. 

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 3

If Wendy's talking about Ragman's POV re: Havenrock, then by all means, I'm all in for this to be a storyline that starts with him blaming her at first, and Felicity blaming herself.

But if Wendy's talking about audience reaction having to be addressed by giving Felicity intent then it'll be the biggest clue I should not be watching stories written by folks who do that kind of shit.

• Love 16
3 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

If they decide to give Felicity a HavenRock storyline, having Ragman initially blaming Felicity would make sense.

Yeah, I guess I was just looking at it wondering how anyone could blame her, since I don't think anyone knew she had anything to do with it? But I guess maybe she or someone on the team could mention it to him at some point (or maybe she finds out he's from Havenrock and feels guilty and then admits it to him, kind of like Roy thinking he killed Sara and telling the team about it in S3).

• Love 1
1 minute ago, dtissagirl said:

But if Wendy's talking about audience reaction having to be addressed by giving Felicity intent then it'll be the biggest clue I should not be watching stories written by folks who do that kind of shit.

I absolutely agree, I'm just not certain they're talking about the audience in this case.

1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

Yeah, I guess I was just looking at it wondering how anyone could blame her, since I don't think anyone knew she had anything to do with it? But I guess maybe she or someone on the team could mention it to him at some point (or maybe she finds out he's from Havenrock and feels guilty and then admits it to him, kind of like Roy thinking he killed Sara and telling the team about it in S3).

Yeah, my guess is this leads to the Felicity story in 504, which us supposed to deal with Havenrock and maybe Ragman.

• Love 1

When one interview came out about Havenrock a lot of fans didn't like the language used and where @ the writers. The Sullivan one said to watch 5x04. It gave me the impression that the show is going to address the fans concerns.

15 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Personally, i think she's hedging but my guess is she's talking about Felicity's own guilt and Ragman. If they decide to give Felicity a HavenRock storyline, having Ragman initially blaming Felicity would make sense.

Hasn't this all but been confirmed? Ragman is coming to SC to find GA becomes he blames him for Havenrock. Or it's about finding the person responsible... It's something like that. 

Edited by Chaser
6 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Hasn't this all but been confirmed? Ragman is coming to SC to find GA becomes he blames him for Havenrock. 

I think it was just that Ragman was coming to SC to find out who's responsible for Havenrock, not that he blamed GA for it.

2 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

I never wanna be watching TV that's written to address fans' ANYTHING. Ugh.

Agreed. Lol 

'Address' is probably the wrong word. I think he is saying 'Hey, watch this if you are concerned about so so.' 

8 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Hasn't this all but been confirmed? Ragman is coming to SC to find GA becomes he blames him for Havenrock. Or it's about finding the person responsible... It's something like that. 

I'm fuzzy on the details and don't want to watch again, but what was the scuttlebutt about who set off the nukes in the show? I know Channel 52 was on it, but can't remember if they mentioned DD's name, or was it never mentioned and no one bothered to look it up in the 5 months since? Because someone coming to town to get to the bottom of things doesn't really make me feel all that much better about how they're going to handle the storyline, haha.

KC will also be returning to The Flash this season (per AK interview that I just posted in the Mind Your Surroundings thread).  It feels like there's been more Laurel news after her death than before.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I'm fuzzy on the details and don't want to watch again, but what was the scuttlebutt about who set off the nukes in the show? I know Channel 52 was on it, but can't remember if they mentioned DD's name, or was it never mentioned and no one bothered to look it up in the 5 months since? Because someone coming to town to get to the bottom of things doesn't really make me feel all that much better about how they're going to handle the storyline, haha.

Maybe they did but during the summer it came out that the missile was diverted to Havenrock? 

3 minutes ago, tv echo said:

KC will also be returning to The Flash this season (per AK interview that I just posted in the Mind Your Surroundings thread).  It feels like there's been more Laurel news after her death than before.

BS two-parter? She escapes on the Flash mid season premiere and shows up on Arrows. She gets to be VoTW on both. 

I wonder who the rehearsal dinner is for, since SA posted on Twitter that they're filming 5x09 on Friday?

• Some randos who are gonna have a really memorable story to tell their children about the Green Arrow showing up and wrecking it? 
  • Tobias Church and his lady friend?
  • The DA?
  • Is Felicity going to make a permanent condiment choice by promising to put only mayo on her sandwiches for life in a MSF fake-out?
  • Diggle for whatever reason that better not have anything to do with Barry fucking with the timeline?
  • Thea and Anarky?

At this point in time the couple who would be closest to getting married is O/F, and no way is it them. So...randos, I guess?

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 2

Queen family scenes in Faux Queen Manison. Yep. I want. 

5x09 is the real 100. Give me an Olicity wedding. Sigh. Except they wouldn't do a rehearsal dinner again. And right now.. Yeah probably not.

Could be a flashback dinner. I see a lot of fancy family dinners in mafia movies.