Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

They never said Sara dropped out of school. She was still in school when the Gambit sank. We don't know if she would've gone back had they made it back. Considering she was making fun of Oliver being a drop out, I think that shows us she wanted to finish school. 

Laurel better not be holding any high ranking position. She was a terrible Lawyer and should not be handed promotions without earning them. That is definitely the wrong way to go to get people to like her. She should not have been on Moira's case or Frank Bertinelli's. If anything for Helena's dad, she could've been assigned the grunt work but the whole case.

Edited by Sakura12

Also, how exactly is Merlyn going to come back to Starling? He can't be out and about, living a public life, because surely he'd get charged for the Undertaking. Or is he not going to get prosecuted for that?

I'm sure Malcolm will find a way to get everything dropped because Starling City is run by idiots that let inexperienced lawyers take major cases. So Laurel will probably be assigned his case when again she should be nowhere near it because of her conflict of interest. But no one will care about that and Malcolm will win his freedom just because.

They really need to stay away from court cases on this show. But I guess that's impossible with Laurel sticking around.

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 2

He's not Malcolm, he's Milton Merlyn, Malcolm's (good) identical twin brother...so he can totally be the new Mayor in 305, right after he comes back to Starling in 304, meanwhile Laurel gets promoted to Police Commissioner even though she's not a cop...

Could it be that Barrowman meant that Laurel is playing a commissioner Gordon type role to Oliver's Batman?

Lance is the Commissioner Gordon to Oliver's Batman, the EPs said as much before S2. They also said in S1 that Diggle is Oliver's Alfred... Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 4

He's not Malcolm, he's Milton Merlyn, Malcolm's (good) identical twin brother...so he can totally be the new Mayor in 305, right after he comes back to Starling in 304, meanwhile Laurel gets promoted to Police Commissioner even though she's not a cop...

Lance is the Commissioner Gordon to Oliver's Batman, the EPs said as much before S2. They also said in S1 that Diggle is Oliver's Alfred...

Then maybe she's Alfred's blonde, American niece to Oliver's Batman? But for real, I can't imagine that Barrowman isn't just misunderstanding Laurel's role. He even says in the interview that no one tells him anything about what's going on with the other characters. It would be a bizarre career jump, if it's true. You'd think Starling City would outsource officials instead of just promoting whoever isn't dead on up the totem pole. Is the Starling City Hall janitor now the Head of Public Works?

• Love 1

I don't think Laurel will be any commissioner of sorts. She's not a police officer. How can she be a commissioner then? It's just a slip of tongue from John Barrowman. Maybe he meant the DA and got confused.

• Love 1

I always thought that Flash Vs Arrow title was a joke (it sounds so similar to the MoS sequel...Superman vs Batman) or working title not the actual episode title but who knows, there is a big Arrow/Flash fight in the episode so it might be legit.

I guess I just figured they'd give the crossover episode titles with some gravitas.

I don't think Laurel will be any commissioner of sorts. She's not a police officer. How can she be a commissioner then? It's just a slip of tongue from John Barrowman. Maybe he meant the DA and got confused.

You don't have to be a police officer to be commissioner-depending on the jurisdiction, they can be appointed non-officers (I think this is rare though). That being said, the way it was worded made it seem like Malcolm might be commissioner of...something, which wouldn't make sense given that he's a mass murderer (although I guess in Starling anything is possible), so he probably just misspoke. I guess he might've meant that it'd be interesting to see Malcolm interact with Laurel now that she's DA.

• Love 1
there is a big Arrow/Flash fight in the episode so it might be legit.

I guess I just figured they'd give the crossover episode titles with some gravitas.

Well there is a part of the fanbase who wants to see them throw down...curious as to what the big issue is though...and why Barry is choosing to not just run at him at 30 mph and end the fight.

• Love 1

I now want Malcolm to come back to town, somehow blame Moira for the Undertaking and make HIM look like the one who was being manipulated by her, use that as his political platform to get elected mayor [we learn who the new mayor is in 3x05, right?], and then appoint Laurel to the commissioner position JUST BECAUSE HE CAN.

I wanna speak to the writers!

• Love 7

Well there is a part of the fanbase who wants to see them throw down...curious as to what the big issue is though...and why Barry is choosing to not just run at him at 30 mph and end the fight.

I'm not sure how to explain this, but maybe it's not so much a fight as it is Oliver throwing punches and Barry dodging them, being a little cocky about his speed? I can see Oliver getting irritated about not getting his way or something because Barry's the new kid on the block and Oliver taking a swipe at him, but Barry just laughs and gets out of the way and taunts him about not being able to land a punch because seriously Oliver?

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1

Could be Oliver dosed him with some kind of sedative first. But if that were the case he'd take Barry down almost immediately because he doesn't have the combat training.

The "vs." doesn't bother me because it's an old comic trope and the creators probably couldn't resist.

This

gustin-amell-flash-arrow-xo-5.jpg

suggests it is a fight.

I'm not saying they don't fight, I'm just wondering if it's fisticuffs in the traditional sense of the word, because unless Barry's been drugged, Oliver shouldn't even be able to get at him like that. I thought it might be something along the lines of Oliver taking shots and Barry evading/dodging them (and that picture doesn't rule out that possibility).

ETA: unless Barry's just pissed off and wants to throw old-fashioned slow-mo punches, which wouldn't make much sense, but okay.

Edited by apinknightmare

I wasn't planning on watching this episode initially. Then I read a Berlanti interview and he said they weren't misleading anyone. There would be fisticuffs between the two. Now I am probably watching because I cannot imagine either one of them throwing the first punch. Oliver/Arrow is usually very restrained except when fighting the villain. I just can't picture Barry. The idea amuses me greatly.

There is a shot somewhere (Canadagraphs perhaps?) where Barry is actually face down on the ground beside Oliver. It might have nothing to do with the fight though. Oliver is pointing his bow upwards like he is shooting it. Quick getaway?

Edited by Sunshine

I wasn't planning on watching this episode initially. Then I read a Berlanti interview and he said they weren't misleading anyone. There would be fisticuffs between the two. Now I am probably watching because I cannot imagine either one of them throwing the first punch. Oliver/Arrow is usually very restrained except when fighting the villain. I just can't picture Barry. The idea amuses me greatly.

There is a shot somewhere (Canadagraphs perhaps?) where Barry is actually face down on the ground beside Oliver. It might have nothing to do with the fight though. Oliver is pointing his bow upwards like he is shooting it. Quick getaway?

Yeah, I can't imagine what would make them fight, and I can't imagine HOW they'd fight. Everything seems stacked in Barry's favor, haha.

Since Flash is more fantastical/superpower-y, I'm wondering if it's not the real Barry, or whether the villain of the week put the comic-book whammy on Barry and he's temporarily evil. That would be motivation for a fight, I guess.

No idea how Oliver can even get near him, though.

I'm sure some fanboy in the writers room was like "You, know what would be awesome? Having Green Arrow and The Flash get into a fight!" Then all the other fanboys would yell in agreement. Then with no one telling them how stupid that idea is, they'd do everything they can to write that in, no matter how implausible it actually is. So it will be The Flash not using his powers for some stupid reason, or Oliver being able to overpower him with no powers for a stupid reason, or it's a fake fight that also doesn't make sense because there is no way Oliver could win that fight. 

WTF is wrong with them just working together and using the abilities they each have to save the day without resorting to childish antics? 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 5

Any more news on Arrow’s version of Ra’s al Ghul? — Scott

Fans of the comic books will be pretty excited for this incarnation of the Batman villain. “Now that the Arrow/Flash universe contains people with powers and contains the Mirakuru serum, it gives us a bit more license to be a little more ‘comic book-y’ than certainly even Christopher Nolan set out to do,” executive producer Andrew Kreisberg says. So, what’s the big bad really after? “A lot of the themes for Oliver’s journey that we were discussing this season are wrapped up in identity,” he continues. “Can he be both Oliver Queen and the Arrow? A lot of that turned out to get tied up with what we thought of Ra’s al Ghul and who he was and where he came from and what his ultimate goals are. All of those things lined up perfectly.”

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/09/26/spoiler-room-agents-shield-greys-anatomy-spoilers/

- Not sure if this goes here or in the media thread, in case I'll move it. :)

Edited by looptab

So we know Diggle, Felicity and Oliver are crossing over from Arrow to The Flash, who do you think is crossing over from The Flash to Arrow?

Barry (duh), Cisco, Caitlin, on the fence with Iris but most probably not her... I don't really know the other characters that well to make a call. 

We have already seen Barry, Cisco, and Caitlin on Arrow so they probably make the most sense. I've never watched a show where three characters crossed-over, on Buffy/Angel usually only one character did. These episodes are probably going to be crazy, I can't wait :)

I wonder if we're getting the JLA?

SA has been talking about the Justice League on TV. We have several pieces in place, Arrow, Flash, Canary and Arsenal and maybe Firestorm or The Atom, could appear in the crossover, that would be interesting.

The crossover already features several villains. Captain Boomerang, Captain Cold and Heatwave...any others?

Oh confirmed heroes in crossover, Flash, Arrow and Firestorm

Arsenal is presumed, Canary is probable, The Atom is possible.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

I'm thinking yes to some form of the JLA. That would explain a few things - like why the show is spending so much money on Brandon Routh, for instance. If he's just there to be a potential boyfriend for Felicity, or even potential boyfriend/business rival, cheaper actors are available (see, for example, the guy they've hired for the Felicity's backstory episode.)  If he's there to help set up the JLA, then he's a way to get a nod in for Superman without having to have Superman.  Routh mentioned a suit, too, so ... maybe.

Have they confirmed Firestorm for that episode? cause Stephen has been talking about wanting to work with his cousin so i would imagine he wouldn't be able to contain his enthusiasm, if that were to happen, and we would have gotten a hint of that on facebook.

I see that title and all i see is Batman (and the awful animation of the series)

ETA: quarks, i'm confused about your superman reference.. Routh is playing Ray Palmer, so while he played superman in that movie, how is it that relevant for Arrow?

Edited by foreverevolving

Have they confirmed Firestorm for that episode? cause Stephen has been talking about wanting to work with his cousin so i would imagine he wouldn't be able to contain his enthusiasm, if that were to happen, and we would have gotten a hint of that on facebook.

I see that title and all i see is Batman (and the awful animation of the series)

ETA: quarks, i'm confused about your superman reference.. Routh is playing Ray Palmer, so while he played superman in that movie, how is it that relevant for Arrow?

I want to say RA confirmed Firestorm was in 108...now he might not have filmed scenes with SA but I think it was confirmed that Firestorm (full fledged) is in 108. I will try to find where I read that.

Foreverevolving - it's not directly relevant to Arrow, but casting someone who once played Superman, and who is still sometimes called Superman - some of the press coverage joked that Superman is going to steal Oliver's girl - is a way to get a small nod to Superman into this show.  They can't say the name, but they can do that.

Calliope1975 - I'm pretty sure that the Brave and the Bold reference is to the first run of that comic, which ran from the 1950s to the 1980s, and sometimes but not always featured Batman - it was more, ok, what superheroes will we pair up next? Kreisberg has said it was one of his regular reads. Or it's just a superhero teamup sort of thing.

More to the point of this particular episode, the Justice League got started in the first few issues of the Brave and the Bold.  I'm guessing that, not Batman, is the reference here.

(And now watch me be totally wrong and have this episode end with Batman glowering over Starling City and yelling at Oliver with "YOU HAVE FAILED THIS CITY!")

Edited by quarks

Nope, I figured we'd get a version of the Justice League because the JLA launched in Brave and the Bold. I also noticed that Green Arrow got a costume update in one of the Brave and the Bold titles and that Kid Flash teamed up with Aqualad in one of the titles as well...forming Teen Titans.

SA has talked about doing their own JL on Arrow and getting a new costume so I'm guessing one or both will probably happen in 308.

I just listened to an interview with Marc Guggenheim and most of the stuff he said we already knew about. He did say that they weren't really planning on revisiting superpowers or enhanced abilities during Season Three (he said Mirakuru was primarily used to open a door to superpowers on The Flash) and that things would be returning to a more grounded/realistic world.

He also said that Oliver gets a new bow that looks identical to the old bow but it does something that we've never seen before (whatever that means).

• Love 1

I just listened to an interview with Marc Guggenheim and most of the stuff he said we already knew about. He did say that they weren't really planning on revisiting superpowers or enhanced abilities during Season Three (he said Mirakuru was primarily used to open a door to superpowers on The Flash) and that things would be returning to a more grounded/realistic world.

He also said that Oliver gets a new bow that looks identical to the old bow but it does something that we've never seen before (whatever that means).

To expand on that (from this):

Guggenheim disclosed that the explanation behind Oliver's new equipment will be detailed in DC Comics' currently unfolding digital-first series "Arrow: Season 2.5," taking place between the second and third seasons.

I hate the 2.5 comic more and more every time they do something like this.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 6

They said in S2 that the Mirakuru was a gateway to powers for The Flash launch. They also said at the end of S2 that they were going to keep powers/metas on Flash and keep Arrow grounded. I really believe that had the Flash spin-off never come up (failed pitch, DC said no) we never would have even seen any powers on Arrow.

I prefer the no powers rule so I'm hoping they stick to it.

• Love 4

I don't care what they do in the comics (I won't be buying them anyway) so long as it's nothing big or crucial to the show. If the bow is going to look exactly the same but do something different, I'd just figure Oliver picked up a new trick. But if there are any big, important changes in the lives of the characters which are brought up in the comics and never explained or referenced on the show I will be annoyed.

• Love 4

I prefer the no powers rule so I'm hoping they stick to it.

IDK man, I'm pretty sure they're going to go against everything they're going for just for Laurel to get her 'canary cry'. 

A person from spoiler TV brought up just how ridiculous that is because what are the odds Laurel would get powers that is exactly the same as Sara's device? How ridiculous does that sound? Because it sounds ridiculous to me.