Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

My one condition is that Oliver and the audience knows she's undercover rather than making us or him think she's gone evil or something.

I agree with this, but do you really think they would pass up the occasion for a 'gotcha'? :p

Sadly, no, I really don't, which is why I'm already trying to brace for it.  I'm pretty sure I'm never going to believe that Felicity will ever go evil but I also am pretty sure the internet will not be a pretty place if a storyline like that ever even is hinted. 

Thank you for putting the spoiler summaries* in a separate thread - they will be easier to find in the future. I'm glad everyone likes them. Thx. 

(* There may be some typos and hopefully only minor errors.)

Some source citations to page 44 of Spoilers thread should now be to either page 43 of Spoilers thread or page 1 of  Season 5 Spoiler Archive thread. Also, a few source citations to page 43 of Spoilers thread should now be to page 1 of Season 5 Spoiler Archive thread.  Bottom line: if you can't find something that's supposed to be on page 43 or 44 of Spoilers thread, then it is probably now on page 1 of Season 5 Spoiler Archive thread or page 43 of Spoilers thread.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 5

So this makes two photos of SA on the loft set. First on August 31, second today September 13, beginning and end date of 506 shoot. Which I'm not taking as definitive proof that Oliver/GA will have scenes there in this episode, although it's definitely possible. But it is a pretty solid confirmation that they're keeping the set and planning to use it this season.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, looptab said:

He is channeling Carrie for this season's Oliver?

Please, God, no. Maybe early Carrie.

2 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I can't believe Oliver is gonna have sex with his city! Bow chicka wow wow! ;P

Nicely played. And I actually think you may have a point, since Carrie had a connection with NYC and all he's saying is it's that way with Oliver and SC.

• Love 1

What we’re doing is we’re dramatizing Oliver’s desire to grow, move forward, and evolve, but this concept of legacy keeps threatening to pull him back to the early days.

Uh, so it's intentional. This is interesting. 

• Love 1

So where does the Ratings/Censor Board stand on sex with a city? Should we expect a jump to PG13 or maybe even M. ;)

It would be par for the course that his sex scenes with his City would get pretty steamy - we got zero sex scenes in s4, we're overdue for one.

• Love 1

I wouldn't mind it either. Maybe he found out Oliver/Arrow/GA are all the same person. He could blame his father's death on the Arrow/GA. Oliver Queen, the scion of the family that ruined his family, is now leading the city. But it's lacking a punch, or a "Gotcha!" I'm starting to really like spec about it being Tommy. Would be awesome if they could pull that off. And since they seem determined to keep bringing up that blasted bird, they could even tie it with her death. 

• Love 1

When I first heard the Tommy theory, I thought there was some interesting story potential. The full five year cycle. An emotional tie to the audience. CD back on the show. But there are too many negatives for me. I'm over people coming back from the dead (the exception being Moira which is never going to happen). I don't want to be reminded of the Oliver-Laurel-Tommy relationship. It would probably welcome more 4x19 wtf Laurel and Oliver which I would not be able to watch. The Tommy and Laurel relationship was run over so much, any reference to it by Tommy would turn me off. Tommy being back is just a big no for me at this point.

I still think its one of the regulars (or was that recurring?) they announced.

Re: Legacy. I think they are going to acknowledge Laurel's legacy in the first episode and than more on to the others. I don't think we are going to get continuous mentions.

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 5

He is the son of Mr. Reston who we saw in episode 1.06 ( i think it was called Legacies)

So basically the family Reston (mother, father and 2 sons) was robbing banks and named themselves The Royal Flush Gang. It turned out that Derek Reston used to work in Queen steel factory for a number of years. Then Robert decided to move the work to China. Lot of workers just like Derek were out of a job. The company also used a loophole so they didnt have to pay severance packages when they let go of their workers.

So Derek and his family started the business of robbing banks. The father died in that episode.

SA's quote (posted in the Spoilers thread today) is just one symptom of what's wrong at a systemic level with Arrow--those involved have no clue how asinine and contradictory their company line sound bites are.  

SA describes how Oliver became the GA because of a promise he made to his dad right before Robert's death to save Star City.  He then describes his hero's journey as being lethal in S1 to vacillating to the other end of the spectrum in S2.  The problem is that he credits Malcolm's insight that if he isn't willing to do whatever it takes, he has no business being out there!

Um, SA, Arrow writers, anybody? Robert extracted the promise from Oliver to save the city because Malcolm was planning to destroy it. Oliver Queen became the Arrow to stop Malcolm, to protect the city from Malcolm. And now, SA and his character credit Malcolm with this latest evolution in Oliver's hero's journey in the context of the city being Oliver's most important relationship. And so, we are stuck with a hero who finds inspiration from the villain to become lethal again. Not to mention that Oliver makes this observation to Thea, who has walked away from the team because she doesn't want to embrace Malcolm's willingness to do whatever it takes after she threatened to kill a child. 

So, thanks to Malcolm's influence on the hero, Oliver has thrown all of those most important to him--Thea, Felicity, Diggle, Sara, and Star City--under the bus to be the hero Malcolm would be proud of.

I just hear Felicity's voice from S3 saying, "What I deserve"  . . . is better storytelling.

• Love 13
49 minutes ago, Chaser said:

When I first heard the Tommy theory, I thought there was some interesting story potential. The full five year cycle. An emotional tie to the audience. CD back on the show. But there are too many negatives for me. I'm over people coming back from the dead (the exception being Moira which is never going to happen). I don't want to be reminded of the Oliver-Laurel-Tommy relationship. It would probably welcome more 4x19 wtf Laurel and Oliver which I would not be able to watch. The Tommy and Laurel relationship was run over so much, any reference to it by Tommy would turn me off.

It would all depend on execution for me. If Tommy also goes after Oliver because he's furious Oliver has moved on with his life while he's stuck in the past, that would add another layer of that tragic angst these writers seem to lap up. 

I'm crossing my fingers for Carly Pope's character to be interesting, because she's currently guest-recurring in this season of Suits as the none-at-all developed love interest of the dude who looks like a rabid rabbit on steroids, and I don't think ANYTHING can be worse than that.

• Love 1

Does anybody know the reason why the cast list is ordered a certain way on IMDB?  I checked out Carly Pope's Arrow episodes, and all three list SA, DR, and WH as "Episode Credited Cast" and EBR is listed in the "Rest of Cast Alphabetically."  What convention is being observed that would place EBR in the second category?

Just wondering if it's a comment on FS's role or EBR's screen time in these episodes.

1 minute ago, EmeraldArcher said:

Does anybody know the reason why the cast list is ordered a certain way on IMDB?  I checked out Carly Pope's Arrow episodes, and all three list SA, DR, and WH as "Episode Credited Cast" and EBR is listed in the "Rest of Cast Alphabetically."  What convention is being observed that would place EBR in the second category?

Just wondering if it's a comment on FS's role or EBR's screen time in these episodes.

If you check the IMDB boards it'll be self explanatory. 

• Love 3