Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I don't mind people thinking that she is pregnant or she isn't or joking. I'm just saying that after a month and a half of "FELICITY IS PREGNANT" repeated almost every day I would be glad if people moved on or didn't talk about it every day. I'm not a fan of kids on tv show but even if I read "Felicity is a genius" that I agree with, every day for a month I'd grow tired of hearing it. But I'm not stopping anyone from making that, or any other kind of comment, even if it isn't my kind of entertainment.

• Love 1

SA and DR's panel should start at 1PM local time. By my calculations it's still not 1? So I guess this is from an autograph signing or something?

@Chaser, let me help. They have the fight in 501 and then this. Their other scenes are few and far between, and come down to, where was the VotW last spotted? :p

• Love 1

LOL - I'm looking forward to the fight, especially with how SA and EBR were describing it. SA and EBR have talked about how they are comfortable filling in the blanks in the script. I love these little moments and it sounds like they really took the reins on this fight. I'm excited for it.

EBR talked about her character starting to break between 3-5 and this gives me hope we will see Oliver be there for her and we will get instead her head. 

Potentially good stuff. Sigh. 

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 5
34 minutes ago, Chaser said:

EBR talked about her character starting to break between 3-5 and this gives me hope we will see Oliver be there for her and we will get instead her head. 

Potentially good stuff. Sigh. 

Potentially ... so watch Arrow have Felicity break down in front of Curtis instead ;) 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Potentially ... so watch Arrow have Felicity break down in front of Curtis instead ;) 

Nah, it'll be Human Target with Oliver's face. I'm failing in my recent vow to be positive. 

Re: being more like S1 Oliver in the flashbacks - well, I should hope so. S4 Flashback Oliver was no where near the cold, ruthless guy from S1. 

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

Nah, it'll be Human Target with Oliver's face. I'm failing in my recent vow to be positive. 

If we're going to go there, then Stephen saying his favorite Olicity scene is in 505 might mean when he's playing Human Target!Oliver, not actual Oliver. 

(Not helping, I know. Sorry, sorry!)

• Love 2

Per the fan tweets posted in the Spoilers thread, SA either explicitly or implicitly said "She's the one" regarding Olicity in 505.  However, after the BMD, the fake wedding, Felicity giving the ring back for good, and Felicity starting the season with a new boyfriend, I really think she's the one who has to commit to Oliver being the one for her.  He was the one to screw up, so I'm uncomfortable with the implication that he still has to choose her.

And yet . . .I'll take any little bit of optimism I can get for S5, especially knowing that a lot can happen between the start of the season and 505. Maybe SA's cryptic statements simply means that Oliver's resolve to win Felicity back is solidified in 505.

• Love 1

Per the fan tweets posted in the Spoilers thread, SA either explicitly or implicitly said "She's the one" regarding Olicity in 505.  

He did neither. The person who tweeted that explained that it was her own interpretation based on SA's tweet from Friday about working up to an episode by watching Sex in The City (where Big tells Carrie she's the one)

Personally i don't even think that tweet belongs in the spoiler thread since it's clearly inaccurate.  All SA said yesterday was that his favorite S5 Olicity scene was in 505.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 5

Having now watched video of SA/DR's full panel at Salt Lake City Comic Con (on page 472 of Social Media thread), I have deleted the "505/she's the one" fan tweet in the Spoilers thread.

On 9/3/2016 at 3:56 PM, bijoux said:

I don't get it. What's the explanation of the universes?

At Salt Lake City Comic Con, an audience member mentioned Ben Affeck's tweet about Deathstroke in the new Batman movie and basically asked if MB's Deathstroke is now barred from Arrow.  SA replied that that was a misconception and Diane Nelson and Geoff Johns make the best products that they can.  Also, SA: "Diane Nelson sent me a very eloquent e-mail and explanation as to why they thought that the cinematic universe and the television universe should remain separate. It was, uh, befitting of someone who has risen to the head of DC Entertainment. And it made perfect sense to me. So, just because there may or may not be a Deathstroke in the DC extended universe, uh, doesn't mean, um - doesn't mean that Manu Bennett can't exist on our show. Just because Will Smith played Floyd Lawton doesn't mean that Michael Rowe won't have the opportunity again, despite the fact that he's dead." 

SA also said that, if they recast Oliver Queen for a movie version of the Green Arrow, he would be okay with it, although he's not aware of any plans for such a movie.  He also said something like how he thought that the DC television universe was doing just fine on their own.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

Re: KC's interview.

Would her manager have secured a set number of appearances for her or would that be up to the networks needs?

I was wondering because SA was talking about crossover script so the shows should be working on their MSFs at this point and KC still has no idea how she will be involved in the shows.

I guess what I'm getting at is I'm wondering if her appearing on all three shows is an assumption on her part. Like because she has a deal with all three means she will be appearing on all three when really it means they can use her if they want, but they aren't required. I hope that makes sense.

At this point, they have the shows planned until mid season and a very good idea about how the rest of the season will go. If she still doesn't have an idea of her appearances, I can't help but think that she won't be appearing on all of them and/or its so minor they don't need to lock her down incase they change something.

A lot of this may just be wishful thinking.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I guess what I'm getting at is I'm wondering if her appearing on all three shows is an assumption on her part. Like because she has a deal with all three means she will be appearing on all three when really it means they can use her if they want, but they aren't required. I hope that makes sense.

At this point, they have the shows planned until mid season and a very good idea about how the rest of the season will go. If she still doesn't have an idea of her appearances, I can't help but think that she won't be appearing on all of them and/or its so minor they don't need to lock her down incase they change something.

A lot of this may just be wishful thinking.

It's possible.  It would really depend on the contract specifics which we'll never know.  Personally, i think she'll get maybe 1 episode per show and possibly not even an LoT episode (if they don't get additional episodes). However, that's all guess work and kCs "who knows", "anything can happen" and "please give me work Berlanti" (paraphrased)  seems to indicate that her "episodes" are up in the air.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

Yeah, I think they are already finished writing or close to being done planning the first half of the season episodes for all 4 shows, so if she hasn't gotten a call yet she's not in those. 

Based on that week in the life of Greg Berlanti article that came out last November,  the EPs pitch their plans to Berlanti for the back half (episodes 15-23) of the season, around the end of October.  So yeah, i would think they've already locked in their plans for episodes 1-14 (or 13 for LoT) by now.

• Love 1

Another possibility is that she does know and was just lying being coy so as not to reveal spoilers. I mean, we already know that Laurel's appearing in Arrow 501 (giving her last words to Oliver).

KC apparently said the following at the Salt Lake City Comic Con on Sep. 1

"And coming up, you will see me in the premiere of Arrow, Season 5," she continued. "Pretty exciting. And I will also be—they announced at Comic Con, which I'm safe to say—across all three shows: Flash, Legends, and Arrow, for this next year. So, I'm excited about that."

http://comicbook.com/2016/09/06/katie-cassidy-says-laurel-lance-will-appear-in-arrow-season-5-pr/

Edited by tv echo
24 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Another possibility is that she does know and was just lying being coy so as not to reveal spoilers. I mean, we already know that Laurel's appearing in Arrow 501 (giving her last words to Oliver).

Maybe but, KC is usually pretty easy to read during Cons. She has specific patterns when she's lying/bullshitting and just doesn't know.

• Love 3

KC doesn't have a great poker face. Usually when she's at Con's by herself she's very candid. And I think she was, she looked to be begging to be back on the shows. Which means she hasn't received any calls to be on the shows yet. Especially if she's only in flashbacks or appearing as Black Siren, those are not really spoilery appearances. 

4 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I wonder if we're gonna get any new spoilers soon because this is all stuff we know already. Sigh.

We'll get a big push right before it starts. That usually gives us better insight beyond 501. Right now, we're (mostly) just getting recycled information from SDCC. 

What we need is for the paps to catch some filming. Seems like Arrow has been doing very little location based filming this year (so far)

• Love 3

I just don't know what to do with this show now.  S2 I was spoiler free - loved it (until I hated it, but that's another story).  S3 spoiled to the gills. Loved it, but so briefly and was then plunged into a hate spiral with spoilers.  S4 fairly spoiler free.  Had a great run until it all fell apart.  I'm left not knowing if it's spoilers that's ruining my viewing pleasure or the actual storyline itself.  Currently so uninspired by the spoilers I've read, I don't know what to do.  

• Love 4

I'm hoping the season will be better in execution than in description.  If they let the characters interact well, I won't care about the so far uninspiring plot lines.  More often than not it's the little stuff that makes me love or hate an episode. 

• Love 8

Micro level:  I'm not thrilled about any of the spoilers, especially the Flashpoint and Felicity's boyfriend stuff (Barry, go see a therapist about dealing with your childhood issues because they are screwing up everyone else's life).  Not thrilled at the introduction of so many newbies in the lair although I like the Bratva casting.

Macro level:  WM seems to be pushing that the fall will be all about Oliver in his various roles, which I think is a good thing because when the show takes the spotlight off him and onto growing other masks, it loses its way.  I also like that they are going to deal with the after effects of last season on both Diggle and Felicity and I hope they really do rather than just tease it.  Cautiously optimistic about WM saying that both Oliver and Felicity need to deal with their own issues before they deal with each other.  They have to stall the ship but this seems organic and good rather than the terrible BM drama of last season.  I don't know if Thea will actually get her own storyline this season (because they have always teased that she will and then she just ends up a supporting player in the Malcolm/Oliver story) but there is potential in this administrative one.

• Love 3

I finally watched the DR interview from HVFF. I'm glad we have confirmation that Lyla is still there. I was bit worried that they really would wipe her out.

Hearing DR talk about 'Canary's' death is giving me flashbacks to S3 when Sara died. I won't beat the horse again but the whole Canary v Black Canary is stupid.

I like what DR said about seeing what Diggle has been up to in the military and it being a few episodes before he comes back to the team. I like that solo focus. I wish they had taken an approach like that in S4. It would have been nice to have a couple episodes of Olicity in IvyTown and seeing the others struggle in Star City.

I wasn't sure about what we have heard about Felicity because I didn't like her being stuck in the lair. However, the more I hear about dealing with Havenrock and I think about how her relationship imploded and 'losing' the company, I get it. Hiding out in the Lair works for her dealing with some heavy stuff. I'd rather it be in the Lair with the action as opposed to outside the Lair. I just hope they actually give the storyline the attention it needs. Regarding the BF, I still think its Barry. Even if its not, I think its related to FlashPoint so I'm not putting much weight on it.

None of the spoilers are turning me off. I think there is a lot of potential. Wait and see. 

• Love 4

One fear that I have is that they spend more time developing the newbies than they do on Felicity/Diggle's issues.

I don't want another Ray type situation where the new guy(s) get to talk about how they are doing but we just get to infer how Felicity is.

• Love 8

Regarding the BF, I still think its Barry. Even if its not, I think its related to FlashPoint so I'm not putting much weight on it.

I've slowly bought into the Flashpoint theory BF. However, if it's not, i can still see it working. Felicity is depressed, guilt ridden, lost (her relationship and job/company are gone). She spends 501-502 putting on a brave face, throws herself into her work but, hides behind the "boyfriend" so people don't see she's an emotional wreck. 

By 502 (post Barry visit) she realizes she can't hide anymore, the emotional weight of Havenrock and all she's lost starts to weigh her down. She drops the boyfriend, throws herself even more into the Bunker, until everything comes to a head in 505.

I think both options work. However, I expect this will mostly be carried by EBR's acting choices as I doubt the writers will pay her storyline out (textually). Except for 505 where I'm sure we'll get something for Felicity reflected in the Oliver storyline 

• Love 8

I can't shake the feeling that Flashpoint will actually play a much bigger role this season than anticipated after somebody said the effects will be seen in the beginning and toward the end (I think that was Stephen?). And that's why we're getting such vague spoilers. I'm fully expecting a "shocker" at the end of the episode ala Sara's death and the graveside flashforward last season. 

• Love 3

I just realized that I have been expecting the Flashpoint episodes to have eliminated the Havenrock stuff and it's just Felicity trying to move on from Oliver and their relationship, and then when Flashpoint gets reversed, the weight of Havenrock hits.

But Morrigan2575 has brought up that Havenrock may play into her getting this new boyfriend.  I wonder which scenario it is.

1 hour ago, Starfish35 said:

Well that certainly got everyone's attention, so I can see why they might want to try to repeat the effect.  But I don't think it would work quite as effectively the second time. 

Oh, I'm not saying they're gonna kill off somebody or have another grave question, just another "shocker" that would get the buzz going again. 

17 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Oh, I'm not saying they're gonna kill off somebody or have another grave question, just another "shocker" that would get the buzz going again. 

Oh no, I didn't think you meant they were going to kill someone else off.  I just meant that they got such a reaction last year that I could see them trying to find a way to get another such reaction.  But I'm not sure it would work so well again.  But now that I think about it, the last two season premieres have had shocking endings that no one saw coming (Sara's death, grave flash forward).  Maybe they can pull it off again.  *shrug*

23 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Any guesses what they could do?  So far the shocker's have been death related but honestly, just another death would be boring.  That said, the options that pop into my mind don't fill me with joy. 

I say this tongue-in-cheek...

Maybe Felicity is pregnant?  Flashpoint boyfriend.  SA joking about Russian vodka and "mistakes" being made off-screen. SA saying the show needs kids.  Mericle is saying Felicity will be most affected by Flashpoint. Everyone else saying Diggle.  Mericle also says Felicity will carry something from Flashpoint through the end of the season.  In May sweeps we discover who baby daddy really is. (Barry Ha! or Oliver)  Would solve the problem of surprise twist at end of 5.01 and dealing with Flashpoint at end of season. Remember Lyla gave birth before she and Diggle remarried.  The EPs love their parallels. (I am only okay putting this out in the universe because 5.01 is done!  Hopefully 2+2=5.)  

Keep in mind I am wrong 99.99% of the time. :-) 

Edited by Sunshine