Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

4 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

What are the odds Felicity is gonna have a ~profound conversation with Oliver, but oops, it's actually Human Target wearing Oliver's face?

Why wouldn't SA be playing him? Seems like it'd be cheaper to do that than using FX to make a guy look just like a guy you're already paying, haha. 

10 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

What are the odds Felicity is gonna have a ~profound conversation with Oliver, but oops, it's actually Human Target wearing Oliver's face?

High. Very high. Thinking convo, maybe even some kissing involved. With Oliver walking in on them. (Somebody watched "Small Potatoes" on "The X-Files," methinks).

Also, LOLing over Wil's "no spoilers" hashtag. Dude, the mask itself is a spoiler ;)

6 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Why wouldn't SA be playing him? Seems like it'd be cheaper to do that than using FX to make a guy look just like a guy you're already paying, haha. 

I'm thinking this for the face-morphing special effect or something. Could totally be wrong, of course.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

I'm thinking this for the face-morphing special effect or something. Could totally be wrong, of course.

Oh yeah, maybe. 

I just always thought Human Target was someone who impersonated people, not someone who could actually change his appearance, but I could be wrong about that. And the show could totally change it, of course. Not sure why else he'd be wearing a mask like that if he doesn't. 

10 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Oh, I'm sure it'll be SA onscreen if they do any kind of face-swapping with Oliver and Chance. If there's any FX involved, it'll probably just be the taking the Oliver mask off. Knowing Arrow, both Felicity and the audience will be fooled at first.

11 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

Hmm, i was actually thinking "Oliver" gets killed/shot which is somehow used to inch the Olicity reunion closer.

I suppose they could go with not-Olicity talk but, i don't think anything in 505 is going to be done to drive a further wedge between them. If anything whatever they discuss will be used to further the reunion.  But of course I'm convinced that they're putting Olicity back together by Feb Sweeps.

• Love 2

Yeah, I didn't imagine this hypothetical convo between Felicity and not!Oliver as a bad thing. It would give Felicity a much needed pov, even, since she'd be talking more for the sake of the audience than actual real Oliver.

Now I want this, watch me get disappointed.

• Love 10
(edited)
8 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Not that this means anything at all, but he was dressed up like Oliver as mayor in the pic where he had what looked like three gunshot wounds - and is wearing a different outfit in the pic above. 

I'm assuming that he's going to be in/out of Oliver guise throughout the episode.  I think he'll take the jelly donuts as Oliver.

This might just be the first time they do the morph so they're going to show it once and then use standard tricks to cut between Chance/Oliver.  I don't think they have the money to do that trick more than once.

Edited by Morrigan2575
Just now, Morrigan2575 said:

I'm assuming that he's going to be in/out of Oliver guise throughout the episode.  He's got to take the bullets as Oliver or else it defeats the purpose of being a Human Target. 

Yes, I was just pointing out that the scene where he actually seems to get shot appears to be different than this one, that's all. 

11 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

The mask on the Instagram pic doesn't scream Oliver to me [I actually got sort of a Lance vibe from it, but maybe it's just rando older dude], so he's probably impersonating multiple people? 

Interesting idea. This is 2nd Unit filming at this point. I wonder if they gives us any clues 

That seems to support the theory that boyfriend is Flashpoint only and that once it's over Felicity's main focus is on Bunker/guilt over Havenrock. 

It would be hilarious  (in a very cruel sort of way) if the boyfriend turned out to be a twist on Flashpoint Oliver.

5 hours ago, dtissagirl said:

Oh, I'm sure it'll be SA onscreen if they do any kind of face-swapping with Oliver and Chance. If there's any FX involved, it'll probably just be the taking the Oliver mask off. Knowing Arrow, both Felicity and the audience will be fooled at first.

This is me being hardly awake, but I'd like something like, two Olivers in a room and Felicity immediately recognize the real one. Or anyway I don't want her to be fooled - aside from this scene you envisioned, which I now want, as well. :)

• Love 4
18 hours ago, Belinea said:

Also, I have no idea what they try to achieve by downgrading the relationship. I mean, last season they had them engaged. If you don't want the relationship to be so important, don't write in such a manner. Afterwards you won't have to do a complete 180 turn. 

There is no downgrade, the chosen progression of the storyline was born out of the symbiotic relationship between the writers, what  they saw on the dailies and the actors. They are going to be consistent on that and see where these characters lead them. Organic. Its how it works, Olicity is no exception.  

Edited by WildcardC
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, bijoux said:

So, according to this interview Felicity deals with her feelings regarding Havenrock in 503-505. 

http://nkdmag.com/issue-63-september-2016/

From her interview in Sep. 1, 2016 issue of NKD magazine...

-- EBR: "She's carrying this huge amount of guilt, and she's not letting it go in any way. All it's doing is festering up and around episodes 3-5 [of Season 5] we're going to see her break."

-- Because of Havenrock, EBR understands that Felicity can no longer be light.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

What makes me question the whole mistaking-Human Target-for-Oliver thing is wouldn't Felicity know that Oliver hired someone that could make himself look like other people? Seems like she'd either be the one who hired him, or like Oliver would've told her he hired someone who could do that (I'm not going to think about the alternative of him doing all this without letting her know, because BOO). So, it seems unlikely that she would have some kind of lightbulb moment after "Oliver" got shot, since she'd know it wasn't Oliver who got shot. 

I guess that she could be traumatized by seeing someone who looks exactly like Oliver get shot, which makes her realize how she feels about the real Oliver, and then she goes to him after and tells him, but it's not the real Oliver, it's HT. I like to think at that point Felicity would be smarter than to assume she was talking to real Oliver, but...this show is this show. And would HT just walk away after and never say anything? Would he reveal himself to Felicity who then rethinks revealing her feelings to real Oliver? Or would he never let her know he wasn't real Oliver, and then (HOPEFULLY, COME ON) pass the message on to real Oliver? So, they're aware of feelings but still haven't actually talked about it? Because if he never lets her know he isn't real Oliver, and Felicity's told him something heartfelt that real Oliver doesn't know and keeps on living as if Felicity never said what she said, then that has the potential for angst and no thanks!

Edited by apinknightmare
3 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

TV is a business, the engagement was a ratings ploy. This show has barely written anything to follow a natural course, they always have to derail it for the drama. Olicity is no exception. 

That's why i had to laugh at WMs comment about letting the characters guide them any maybe the characters/ actors chemistry will guide them back together or not. Yeah, sure. ?

All TV shows are dictated by ratings and pleasing the Network.  As much as Arrow EPs like to claim they don't care about Sweeps they are dictatedby it AND plan for it. 

• Love 16

It really makes me wonder if the Arrow EPs were writing S4 for real thinking S5 would be their last season. And then the word from the network came around that LOL no, you guys are going all the way to S7 [I would guess this happened around writing ep 421], so maybe cool off with the O/F because you guys need to use them as Sweeps bait for another 3 seasons? 

Wendy: But... we had them engaged and then we had them in a fake wedding, couldn't you have told us this six months ago?
Network: LOLNO.
Wendy: How the hell do we cool off O/F after ALMOST GETTING MARRIED + FAKE WEDDING?
Guggie: ORGANIC! ORGANIC!
Wendy: Fine. But I'm doing the interviews.

• Love 19
8 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

It really makes me wonder if the Arrow EPs were writing S4 for real thinking S5 would be their last season. And then the word from the network came around that LOL no, you guys are going all the way to S7 [I would guess this happened around writing ep 421], so maybe cool off with the O/F because you guys need to use them as Sweeps bait for another 3 seasons? 

Wendy: But... we had them engaged and then we had them in a fake wedding, couldn't you have told us this six months ago?
Network: LOLNO.
Wendy: How the hell do we cool off O/F after ALMOST GETTING MARRIED + FAKE WEDDING?
Guggie: ORGANIC! ORGANIC!
Wendy: Fine. But I'm doing the interviews.

Possibly.  I mean there was a good possibility that Tue CW wouldn't be around for the 2016-2017 season and Beyond. They didn't sign the Netflix or Tribune deal until January/February (IIRC).

They had all fixings in place for a quick reunion, 420 Felicity says she knows Oliver can change and that she was just hurt. 421 or 422 you have the Donna lie reveal which was probably in place to setup Felicity forgiving Oliver/understanding why he lied (gag).  421 or 422, Felicity hugs Oliver after Darhk faceoff.  423 you have Olicity at grave and Olicity at the lair, both scenes could have served as reunion scenes with only a slight edit.

It's possible that once CW knew for sure they'd be around they put in a quick call. Hey Arrow, stall, stall, stall!

• Love 9

"He's not paying as much attention to the mayoral office as he should be." He's also not back with Felicity yet, if that's what you're hoping for. "We're strengthening our business relationship," Emily Bett Rickards told us, though Amell did imply that perhaps some off-screen "mistakes" were made thanks to some Russian vodka. Headcanon accepted!

SA still writing Olicity fanfic. I love it. More please! LOL.

(I didn't post the link in spoilers because it's nothing new.)

I'm guessing the interviews are from SDCC. Although they've all being using the same talking points in every article anyway, with the exception of SA's headcanon, of course. Tell us more about that, Steve!

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 3

Yeah, I assumed it was from interviews done at SDCC and then they just spread out the info until the season starts. But it's definitely a joke. I'm a little concerned some are taking it seriously.

4 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Yeah, I assumed it was from interviews done at SDCC and then they just spread out the info until the season starts. But it's definitely a joke. I'm a little concerned some are taking it seriously.

Ditto.

Could be a joke, could be his own head canon to explain how the characters got from Point A to Point Z.  

I  don't see it any different than his answer to why Isabel hated Felicity so much. It has no impact on the actual story shown but, at least it adds some depth to the characters that the writers might skip over in service of plot. 

• Love 1

I think the issue, at least according to my Arrow twitter timeline, is people automatically jumping from "one night stand" to "OMG FELICITY IS PREGNANT".

And I know it is being said in jest and all, but I just truly truly hope that Felicity has backup plans to her backup plans re: contraceptive. I really need Felicity to be better than the baby mama chick at this.

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Could be a joke, could be his own head canon to explain how the characters got from Point A to Point Z.  

I  don't see it any different than his answer to why Isabel hated Felicity so much. It has no impact on the actual story shown but, at least it adds some depth to the characters that the writers might skip over in service of plot. 

Joke or headcanon, either way it's not going to be onscreen which is why it shouldn't be taken as serious, IMO. 

I bet it's apart of the Eonline interview that they haven't released yet. I think its funny.

The whole 'Felicity's Pregnant!' is a joke that's been going around for months. The storyline doesn't appeal to me at all so its more annoying than funny to me.

• Love 3

No one is saying people can't have fun. I love SA's Olicity headcanons. The 'Oliver said Felicity's name while in bed with Isabel' is one of my faves. Just it sometimes goes past the point where people think it's actually for real happening in canon and then there's disappointment. That's all. 

Edited by Guest

I'm all for people having all the fun, that's why I read all the fic for all the 'ships. I just don't want the actual show to go anywhere near a pregnancy for Felicity, unless it's the last scene of the last episode ever.

• Love 10
Just now, dtissagirl said:

I'm all for people having all the fun, that's why I read all the fic for all the 'ships. I just don't want the actual show to go anywhere near a pregnancy for Felicity, unless it's the last scene of the last episode ever.

Portrait of me.

I'd like if the show used SA's headcanon hahah. I know realistically it won't happen but still it would be fun.

I'm honestly really tired of the "Felicity is pregnant" joke or not joke. From what I can see some joke, others are serious but for me after more than a month even the funniest joke becomes annoying and I didn't find it funny even the first time around.

Yeah but, don't they always do that? Last season she's drinking clear liquid from a big glass and OMG she's pregnant!

Yeah it's probably both amusing and annoying depending upon your bent. However, I doubt it's something super serious and even if it is, so what? They'll figure out she's not pregnant once the show starts. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, tv echo said:

From her interview in Sep. 1, 2016 issue of NKD magazine...

-- EBR: "She's carrying this huge amount of guilt, and she's not letting it go in any way. All it's doing is festering up and around episodes 3-5 [of Season 5] we're going to see her break."

I know it's wishful thinking but the timing of Felicity's break coincides with the (supposed) Olicity episode.