Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

(edited)

But if S5 debuts with low ratings, it will inevitably be attributed to Laurel's exit from the show (in some corners) and not to lack of Olicity or Olicity promotion.

I'm determined to stay positive for as long as possible - so I'm going to say that I'm excited about S5 and finding out about all of the new characters, how Diggle and Thea rejoin the team, how Oliver & Felicity interact, and how Oliver becomes a Bratva captain.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 5
(edited)

Posting here because it discusses recent spoilers...

Are There Too Many Heroes Coming to 'Arrow' Season 5? 
Thursday, June 23, 2016   Derek Stauffer
http://www.buddytv.com/articles/arrow/are-there-too-many-heroes-comi-60380.aspx

If you haven't kept up to date with Arrow casting, here is a quick rundown. Echo Kellum, who played Curtis Holt, has been upped to a series regular. Madison McLaughlin, who played the "new" Black Canary in season 4, is joining in a recurring role as masked archer, Artemis. Josh Segarra is joining the series as a vigilante district attorney. Rick Gonzalez is also joining the show as a new vigilante, Mad Dog, the latest crime-fighting protegee for Oliver Queen. If all 4 characters join Team Arrow that means the team will literally double in size.
Laurel's death in season 4 remains controversial but one of the upsides was that it cut down on the roster of the team. This was promising because it suggested that fighting scenes would get a little less chaotic/confusing and there would be more time to focus on main characters. All the casting of new characters implies that a lot of season 5, at least the first half, will be spent setting up the new characters -- possibly at the expense of the old ones.
Diggle, who was once so important to Arrow, has found a diminished role with each season. Season 4 was an improvement over season 3 but far from the old glory and spotlight the character had enjoyed in the first 2 seasons. The hope that main Arrow characters like Diggle (and Thea) would get back their time in the limelight in season 5 is rapidly evaporating in all the wave of new and returning hero characters. 
Everyone else [other than Echo Kellum] (besides the villain played by Chad L. Coleman) is at a recurring role or less. This could suggest that Arrow plans to change things up slightly for season 5. Rather than stretching things out for one long arc and trying to emulate the perfection that is Arrow season 2, perhaps Arrow will scale back. 
Since season 2, Arrow has been chasing that season-long story that comes to a climatic conclusion in the finale. The results have been mixed. Star Stephen Amell has been vocal in the off-season about Arrow getting back to its roots and all reports suggest that Chad L. Coleman's big bad will be a much more grounded villain a la Malcolm Merlyn in season 1. Perhaps Arrow's solution is to return to a similar story structure in season 5 as in season 1. The show will be less about the big grand arc and rather be split into many mini-arcs connected by one overarching villain or plot.
It is the best possible situation imaginable. New heroes flooding into Team Arrow would be disastrous. Yet if characters like Mad Dog and Artemis are only infrequently present for mini-serialized arcs it could work amazingly. Arrow gets to continue to build its world and the base of the show will not suffer. 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

The thing Mike said about Oliver happy and making quips being the closer he's ever been to the comic book character? Totally true for me too. This is my hill I'm gonna die in #foreveralone, which is my ideal Oliver Queen is one who'll never ever ever skip an opportunity to make a dumb ass joke. And that isn't Arrow Oliver.

(edited)

I'm not concerned about all the fuss and talk about Laurel's legacy.  I'm sure it's going to be touched on in episode one and then allowed to finally fade.  It's smart writing to make sure to write in mentions of a character that must have had some fans that are still watching.  I feel that episode one is the final transition away from Laurel on the show.  She'll pop up every once and a while like other lost characters do.  That's just going to be with us but the BIG spotlight, I'm sure will fade.  We have to remember that they've probably only handed out the first script.  It's all they have to talk about.

1. Perhaps Arrow's solution is to return to a similar story structure in season 5 as in season 1. The show will be less about the big grand arc and rather be split into many mini-arcs connected by one overarching villain or plot.

This really would work for the best and then the through arc can be the characters and their relationships and Thea and Diggle and how they are moving back to the team and their mental place.  We don't need an obviously connecting evil plot that is in every episode.  It's unsustainable. 

I want some of these one and done bad guy episodes because I feel that is when it is easier to spend time on character interaction since there's that emotional space that lets them track the bad guys AND deal with their life at that same time.

Plus it would give them a chance to rack up some much needed wins.  They can't keep only letting them really succeed at the very end (and even then usually it's not so clear cut).  It's exhausting and frankly, repetitive. 

I'm fine if behind the scenes most of the one shot villains turned out to have a single mastermind, but I don't need to know that right away and the team certainly doesn't either. 

If they really are going back to their roots, then I wouldn't be surprised if they literally went back to what they consider their glory season, season two, in which case Oliver will be buddies with some dude in the flashbacks that will end up being the ultimate big bad but these writers are soooo big on patterns that I would expect them to take even more cues from the season, like the build up between Oliver and Felicity.  

It's not a dynamic that could be exactly replicated cause the chances of Felicity working for Oliver the Mayor has to be about nil (and it better stay that way) but the other dynamic of them having these moments of being there for each other as they are finding their way in their new public positions can be done and it takes so very little from the writers for SA and EBR to run with it so they could be a lot of fun to watch even while not being together...if they let them.  And one thing that would let them would be to have more one off bad guys. 

Sigh, I kind of stepped back from my Arrow obsession after the finale (just a bit) but honestly, sometimes I feel it would be just so much easier if I could kick out the writers and plot out all of this stuff ourselves. I can soo clearly see what could be a great season for all the characters and yet this show has a terrible habit of getting us places in the worst way.  Instead of lots of Oliver and Felicity interacting but trying to live in denial about having moved on, they could just as easily stick them on two separate islands and keep things business like between them in the bunker until some switch is flipped come mid season.  Sigh. 

Still, trying not to read too much into anything we are finding out.  The early stuff is so often exaggerated and its importance overstressed.  Remember Laurel learning to balance her day and night job?  Ha,ha,ha. 

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 13
(edited)

I'm not sure how I feel about the scoop on Felicity and Curtis and the differences between them. I get that Curtis is the engineer so obviously he would be building the tech. Makes total sense and means they wouldn't have to always rely on Cisco. All good things. But it talks about Curtis evolving into Mr Terrific but what about Felicity? How does she get to evolve? She's the only one who doesn't really get to do anything different. 

Let's hope they surprise me. 

Edited by Guest
(edited)

I don't have a problem with Curtis, I'm not worried about him joining the team, but..remember when Felicity was allowed to build up tech? Yet in S4 they even had to specify it was  Cisco who gave her instructions on how to set up the computers or something like that.

I just wish they found a place for him without limiting her. But sure, let's keep diminishing her skills. They're too unrealistic, afterall. Even the ones estabilished early in the series.

Edited by looptab
  • Love 3
(edited)
2 minutes ago, looptab said:

I don't have a problem with Curtis, I'm not worried about him joining the team, but..remember when Felicity was allowed to build up tech? S4 they even had to specify it was  Cisco who gave her instructions on how to set up the computers or something like that.

I just wish they found a place for him without limiting her. But sure, let's keep diminishing her skills. They're too unrealistic, afterall. Even the ones estabilished early in the series.

THIS. The more I think about it, the less I like it actually. Felicity rebuilt the lair in s2, amongst other things, but now she's not allowed. And I get distinct sexist vibes from this which I doubt was intentional but...

Edited by Guest
(edited)

I'm fine with Curtis being the engineer. Felicity always built small things like the magnetic Arrow and building the lair doesn't really require one to be an engineer. 

But... since when did Arrow ever need an engineer to build bigger weapons?

I feel like Curtis as an engineer is going to be useless as hell

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 6

IDK, it just feels like they're trying to make Felicity irrelevant. It feels like they're trying to dumb her down or keep her a certain way and not let her evolve. Reserving my full judgment but this is not helping with the 'watch s5' issue.

Considering how annoying I find Cisco and how apathetic or perhaps a little negative towards Curtis becoming a regular - it's safe to say this new spoiler does nothing to alleviate my fear that I will dislike Curtis far more than I already anticipated next season.

• Love 3
(edited)
16 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

I'm fine with Curtis being the engineer. Felicity always built small things like the magnetic Arrow and building the lair doesn't really require one to be an engineer. 

But... since when did Arrow ever need an engineer to build bigger weapons?

I feel like Curtis as an engineer is going to be useless as hell

That's the thing, I don't think he'll build bigger weapons. Was that mentioned somewhere?  Hence, cutting into Felicity's area - or at least what was hers.

12 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

IDK, it just feels like they're trying to make Felicity irrelevant. It feels like they're trying to dumb her down or keep her a certain way and not let her evolve. Reserving my full judgment but this is not helping with the 'watch s5' issue.

Exactly. I have the same feeling. I know I'll be watching anyway, and I know at this point it's all very general infos, but I don't like any of it.

Edited by looptab
(edited)
2 minutes ago, looptab said:

That's the thing, I don't think he'll build bigger weapons. Was that mentioned somewhere?  Hence, cutting into Felicity's area - or at least what was hers.

I guess it doesn't matter much to me? The only thing Felicity made last year was a magnetic Arrow and that took at least 2.5 seconds of screentime to introduce. I don't think she made anything else. 

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 1

Not being snarky at all, but what exactly is Felicity going to evolve into on the team? She's been operating in pretty much the same capacity since the show started. She can't exactly become a better hacker, since she's allegedly already one of the best. 

I agree with @wonderwall that an engineer is probably going to be pretty useless. Either they're going to have him work up ridiculous tech (and I would prefer Felicity not do that anyway), or he'll be shown making trick arrows or some other gadgets they were already using and we never knew exactly where they came from anyway. 

• Love 8
(edited)
2 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

I guess it doesn't matter much to me? The only thing Felicity made last year was a magnetic Arrow and that took at least 2.5 seconds of screentime to introduce. I don't think she made anything else. 

I think the point is, IMO, that Felicity building things could have been an area for her to explore and evolve into but she won't get that chance now. Not that it would have been much anyway but...

My annoyance stems from watching Felicity prop these male 'heroes' while she gets what exactly? 

Edited by Guest
1 minute ago, wonderwall said:

That's my point of my original post, though. The past two seasons they have been chipping away at her skills. It's not that that was a major point of her role, but it was still her area of expertise. Now that we have an engineer on board, I think that's all gone, permanently.

• Love 1
Just now, looptab said:

That's my point of my original post, though. The past two seasons they have been chipping away at her skills. It's not that that was a major point of her role, but it was still her area of expertise. Now that we have an engineer on board, I think that's all gone, permanently.

But the show also expanded on her abilities too, just not in a scientific sense. They made her into a CEO. So not only is she a hacker, she's a businesswoman as well, and I really do think that the show is still going to go that route either with Smoak Tech or Queen Inc. 

If Felicity isn't making small tech for the team, I'm fine with that. I'd rather the show have her focus on getting back the company or rebuilding a new one. 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, looptab said:

When was she shown to be particularly talented at building tech? I remember some bugs (and I guess trick arrows, but I don't recall it ever being mentioned who exactly made them) here and there, but I truly don't recall her ever really building anything the way they say Curtis will. Someone refresh my memory, haha. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I'm drawing a blank here. Can someone refresh my memory? What things/weapons/devices has Felicty built?

She built a magnetic Arrow which is the only thing I can think of...  Even then it's not clear if Felicity built it. She probably just had the idea for it and had someone else build it

1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

When was she shown to be particularly talented at building tech? I remember some bugs (and I guess trick arrows, but I don't recall it ever being mentioned who exactly made them) here and there, but I truly don't recall her ever really building anything the way they say Curtis will. Someone refresh my memory, haha. 

I feel like I'm not explaining myself well - sorry, there's the game on - but, well, she said she's been building computers since she was 7. I don't remember much either besides the things you listed, but that made me think she was skilled with building tech - which they have been scaling back on these past two seasons, and I guess my issue is that now that skill will be erased.

• Love 2

I remember her getting onscreen credit for designing stuff like the lairs & new bow. But I don't recall her actually building or manufacturing things. Even the Atom components were more about her ideas the physical tinkering was all Ray.

The only physical tinkering I've seen her do was with the computer network & computer set up. So long as Curtis stays away from the computers I don't see him usurping her roles. I do see him sucking up her screentime but that's a whole other problem.

• Love 6
(edited)
12 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

But the show also expanded on her abilities too, just not in a scientific sense. They made her into a CEO. So not only is she a hacker, she's a businesswoman as well, and I really do think that the show is still going to go that route either with Smoak Tech or Queen Inc. 

If Felicity isn't making small tech for the team, I'm fine with that. I'd rather the show have her focus on getting back the company or rebuilding a new one. 

The thing is, the CEO stuff is not related to the Team. So, as much as I like and I'm glad that they expanded her character and gave her something away from the Team, at the same time I don't like that what skills she has that can be of service to it are diminished or given to others.

But we can agree to disagree. It's early to tell, afterall.

Edited by looptab
  • Love 2
(edited)
12 minutes ago, looptab said:

I feel like I'm not explaining myself well - sorry, there's the game on - but, well, she said she's been building computers since she was 7. I don't remember much either besides the things you listed, but that made me think she was skilled with building tech - which they have been scaling back on these past two seasons, and I guess my issue is that now that skill will be erased.

Building a computer is fairly easy. All of the pieces are designed to be plug and play. Impressive for a 7 year old?  Absolutely.  Indication that she's a hardware/engineer super genius like Cisco/Curtis? Not really.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 3
(edited)
32 minutes ago, looptab said:

I agree, but I also disagree.

they never said what the building computers parts she did. did she create the part or just purchased and put them in the case?

I mean I am not a Felicity Smoak nor do I work in high-tech, yet I know enough about computers and hardware to be able to build one myself, that means I know which parts needs to be bought, what most of them do, and how to place them in the case. hack (no pun intended) I literally upgraded my laptop as well as a previous desktop all by myself, purchased the parts, opened the case and replaced/installed the hardware. I was older than 7, but still this is not something most people will do.

Edited by foreverevolving
  • Love 3
(edited)

If we're about to get ridiculous, Cisco-like tech on this show, I'd rather Curtis be the one to take the criticism for its ridiculousness. If giving him an area to work in while he works towards masking up keeps him out of the hacking/computer science stuff that has been established as Felicity's strength (and that he *has* taken over in her absence, like during the bee ep), then I'm not going to complain about him coming in and doing things we never (or rarely) saw her do anyway. Just MHO. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 8
9 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Building a computer is fairly easy. All of the pieces are designed to be plug and play. Impressive for a 7 year old?  Absolutely l.  Indication that she's a hardware/engineer super genius like Cisco/Curtis? Not really.

Okay. Not really saying that she was a master engineer, though. And if Curtis is going to do cool, complicated stuff then it's fine. As I said, I feel like they are limiting her area, but I inderstand that others might not feel that way.

4 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

If we're about to get ridiculous, Cisco-like tech on this show, I'd rather Curtis be the one to take the criticism for its ridiculousness. If giving him an area to work in while he works towards masking up keeps him out of the hacking/computer science stuff that has been established as Felicity's strength (and that he *has* taken over in her absence, like during the bee ep), then I'm not going to complain about him coming in and doing things we never (or rarely) saw her do anyway. Just MHO. 

Well, when you put it like that...maybe I can deal with it:)

• Love 1

For me it's not about Felicity building the tech. I don't know why that's being so focused on. It's about the fact that all these male characters get to evolve beyond their initial introduction and Felicity remains the hacker. Oh, and the love interest. Can't forget about that!

And as much as I like that she was CEO and hopefully will have her own business in future (if that is where they're going), I find that kinda boring to watch tbh. 

Oh well. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ As I said, reserving full judgment but I have every right to side-eye these things. IDK. I guess I'm just tired of all the propping.

Whenever a show adds a new character, usually an existing character has to lose some ability.  I remember the complaints when Felicity came on that she caused Oliver to lose the computer abilities he had in the first episodes  (which were ridiculous for someone who dropped out of 4 colleges and just got back from five years on an island, as the audience at SDCC 2012 pointed out).

A bigger problem than Curtis being able to take over from Felicity is she can't be Overwatch has always been that there are too many fighters on Team Arrow and it means that some of them (usually Diggle but occasionally Oliver) have to be made less so that Black Canary or Speedy or even Canary can get in on the action.  I really think there is room for both Curtis and Felicity in the bunker, as long as they're careful to keep them separate.

Two days ago I was arguing with someone at another board who said that Felicity is useless now that Curtis is on the team and I said that Felicity is the hacker and Curtis is an engineer like Cisco.  I'm pleased WM agrees, and I'm also happy that she's taking the time to differentiate the two characters on the show.

I think the idea of adding new, crazy tech is interesting and it makes sense for it to be an engineer to design it, not a CEO and hacker like Felicity.  I hope she either gets PT back or forms her own company -- she was a better CEO than either Oliver or Ray who would disappear for weeks when he got a new idea.  Felicity being CEO of a tech company has lots of room for storylines for both her and the Team.

10 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

If we're about to get ridiculous, Cisco-like tech on this show, I'd rather Curtis be the one to take the criticism for its ridiculousness.

I liked Cisco when they first introduced him but he's gone beyond cute to annoying to ridiculous.  At this point, between his engineering abilities, his love life, his bromance with Barry and his Vibe-ness, I can't stand him any more.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Angel12d said:

For me it's not about Felicity building the tech. I don't know why that's being so focused on. It's about the fact that all these male characters get to evolve beyond their initial introduction and Felicity remains the hacker. Oh, and the love interest. Can't forget about that!

I think it's being focused on because the arguments seemed to be that something that was Felicity's was being taken away from her and given to Curtis. I'd like Felicity to evolve as a person, but according to the show, she's the best at what she does, so where is there to go from that? That's probably why most of her "evolving" happens outside of the lair - because she's the best at what she does inside of it. 

• Love 6
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

How would you want her to evolve?  Not being snarky, I'm honestly curious where you would like to see her go, if not the business stuff.

Honestly? I don't really know. I did think she could get into inventing tech but then I've thought that for a while, even pre-Curtis. It just bugs me that all these new characters eventually get into a suit and Felicity stays the same. Not that I want her to have a suit, but there has to be something more, right?

The business stuff will have to do, I just hope they make it a bit interesting. I liked some elements of it, I guess. Just as long as we do see some evolution. 

It's hard to explain tbh.

Edited by Guest
(edited)

I got the impression that Felicity was pretty good at hardware stuff all along because she:
- fixed the the defibrillator and said that she was really good with anything with wires
- made some spy tech so that Oliver could do some flirty flirt and slip tech into Mckenna's phone
- built a chip for Palmer's suit

- made sensors surrounding the clock tower in S2 to alert them when mirakuru soldiers were approaching

Edited by ComicFan777
  • Love 7

My question is: What exactly would Curtis bring to the team? It's not like they've focused on hardware or gear before. What they need, they've always pretty much outsourced: trick arrows, bullet-resistant costumes, etc., per the 2.5 comics.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, ComicFan777 said:

I got the impression that Felicity was pretty good at hardware stuff all along because she:
- fixed the the defibrillator and said that she was really good with anything with wires
- made some spy tech so that Oliver could do some flirty flirt and slip tech into Mckenna's phone
- built a chip for Palmer's suit

- made sensors surrounding the clock tower in S2 to alert them when mirakuru soldiers were approaching

That all seems pretty low-level compared to the T-Spheres and the other type stuff that Curtis was making for PT (the biostimulant, the battery, and some of the other Palmer Tech-saving stuff he mentioned earlier in the season). Seems like there's a difference between being able to work up/repair commonplace stuff and conceptualizing and building new things. She's got some skills in the former, and Curtis has skills in the latter.  

• Love 3

Everyone here knows my feelings on this so I won't belabor the point.

But Felicity designed the tech for Mckenna's phone, the monofilament strip to track the money to find Count Vertigo, set up the lair, and repaired it after Clock King (which was taken away from her Season 4 thanks to needing to name drop Cisco), invented the nano tracking spray to track MM, built the processor that Ray needed to make his suit work, and the magnet arrow.  

As far as evolving, she is the only character who has not developed new skills.  Felicity hasn't been given a taser, gun or hell pepper spray to defend herself. But Curtis the guy who hid under a table is going to get a mask in under two seasons.

I was hoping that the bitch with WiFi scene was going to be expanded into a role of interagator but nope, nothing that would free her from being chained to a desk.

• Love 10
(edited)

For me when we start getting into these conversations is why I want FS to get an actual mask and not just a code name. She can still use her brain and be less brawn & more strategy. But for me on a show like Arrow it gets to the point that if she is not on track for a mask then she is on track for irrelevance except as the LI. 

I feel like the propping of new male characters is the only thing that is keeping FSs plotline to be as disconnected from the main story as LLs was in s2.

It's really a grey area because what makes FS special is her brain, but its her role as LI that makes her vital to the GA story unless they produce events that need a superhacker, which doesn't blend with GA fighting style or realism. I love the covert missions they have done which blend everyone's skills, but I don't believe the writers want to write that type of show (even of I think its great, its not comic enough).

I know I'm the minority here, but I find as the seasons progress its going to be hard to keep her maskless. Especially when everyone they bring on and nurture is a mask. It's great if they intend to keep her as a professional CEO but they even tried to diminish that role this season. 

Edited by kismet
Typos
  • Love 3
(edited)

At this point, we've had at least four people regularly sharing the general "fighting" skills since S2. I think Felicity, as a character, can handle another person sharing the entirety of the STEM fields.

I'm not upset about this, firstly because I wanted there to be some differentiation between C & F, but more importantly because over the course of four seasons, I think Felicity has seen the most character development/role expansion of anyone on the show other than Oliver. Dig hasn't had an actual, regular job since S2, and even in those days, the job was notably beneath him. He's too smart and skilled to be someone's bodyguard, and yet...here we are. I guess we'll see how far-reaching his return to the military will prove to be this season. But honestly if he came back to SC and continued to have no job, I would be completely unsurprised. He also hasn't really evolved much, skill-wise, I don't believe. He got a very shitty mask, but otherwise, he pretty much does the same stuff he always did. And that's fine with me. Oliver also pretty much does the same stuff he always did (on the team), but actually less because he's not supposed to be in charge of the team anymore .

So Felicity has evolved in her professional life from IT girl to Oliver's EA to VP to CEO; on the team from occasional IT consultant to full-time team member and de facto boss of the lair; and in her personal life (w/r/t Oliver), from associate to friend to partner to love interest to fiance. I'm not worried about her occupying every single inch of her various spheres, so I'm fine with another person in the lair having certain skills that overlap with some of hers, particularly those that are less prominent/important to her character.

Edited by Carrie Ann
  • Love 22
(edited)

Lol but Curtis is now the connection to PT. So Felicity doesnt even have that at the moment. All the things are for Curtis.

Even her paralysis was all about showing Curtis as this miracle inventor with the chip and nothing about Felicity herself. And also to drop name Mr. Terrific.

Edited by Velocity23
  • Love 5
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

Lol but Curtis is now the connection to PT. So Felicity doesnt even have that at the moment. All the things are for Curtis.

She...owns it? 

Not sure why there would even need to be a connection to PT at this point. Maybe she'll start her own company over the hiatus. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

She...owns it? 

Not sure why there would even need to be a connection to PT at this point. 

Do TPTB eventually want Oliver(Thea?) to get his family's company back?

Just now, Trini said:

Do TPTB eventually want Oliver(Thea?) to get his family's company back?

I don't know why they would. Neither one of them seems to want it. Oliver's moved on in the professional field, and Thea seems to live off of Malcolm's money (I guess). 

• Love 1

From the Season 5 synopsis --

... Now, as the show takes aim on season five, Oliver will set out to save his city from a new threat — one which he personally created — as both the newly appointed Mayor of Star City and as the Green Arrow. ...

At COH2 back in May Stephen mentioned in a lounge session that he would really like to see a Big Bad who's risen out of everything bad that's happened to Starling/Star City the past four-ish years; someone who was personally affected by it. Maybe the individual, his or her family... someone who was affected by the destruction of the Glades, the city riots, Damien Dahrk, you name it. A villain born out of everything bad happened to him since Oliver Queen came back.

That would fit with his comments that this year's Big Bad is only something you can do four years into the show.

• Love 4
(edited)

We do know that PT still exists in the future (in the current timeline), and there's no reason to believe that any future Queen Inc (or whatever) would come out of PT. IMO, at this point it would make more sense to start a new company from scratch, and I'd have a lot more interest in watching that than watching these characters continue to build a company with Ray's name on it when he's not on the show.

Edited by Carrie Ann
  • Love 7
Just now, Soulfire said:

That would fit with his comments that this year's Big Bad is only something you can do four years into the show.

I am excited to see what that could actually mean and how that plays out, but I'm a bit confused since the character description for the big bad didn't really lend itself to reveal a history/incident with Oliver. It really just sounded like an expanded version of Brick, but the casting is good, and if he does in fact have a connection to Oliver, I kind of want to know as soon as they can in s5 so we don't have to deal with a Brick-type character for too long. Although, I would find it interesting if we the audience find out first before even Oliver does and if the villain rises out of something Post-islandOliver did rather than IslandOliver, like you're suggesting, even though I'm wondering if they are just going to try to retread s2 and connect this guy with the flashbacks.   

I like that they will make sure to distinguish Felicity's and Curtis's skills so they're not basically sharing a role and I figured they would make him more the Cisco type. I do think that's kinda useless on arrow especially if they're going back to basics and I don't see them needing as many advanced tech weapons as the flash does tbh so Idk how much of a purpose Curtis will really have on the team. I just hope they tone down his personality because while I do like him most of the time, I found him way over the top in 4.17 when he was in the arrow bunker. 

I always looked at Felicity as the best hacker and a software expert and didn't really think she built much tech at all, at least nothing as big and unrealistic as Cisco or Curtis do so I don't think this takes away anything from her or her role on the team. I'm more interested in the show actually following through on her trying  to mass produce the chip and developing her as CEO and finally renaming the company because I cringe every time they say Palmer Tech.

• Love 8