Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

The exact quote is "I think we land in a somewhat surprising place for the two of them."

"Surprising" for whom? For that kind of viewer that showrunners talk about sometimes, that don't seem to have ever watched TV before, who don't know main pairings on the CW that break up in February get back together in May... or "surprising" for the savvy viewer expecting them to get back together because television?

"There is no fixing this." 

::gives ring back and tells Oliver to keep it for good this time::

Surprise! There is a way to fix it and Oliver does! Ring on finger. Yay.

• Love 11

...Yeah.

Also, WILL OLIVER AND FELICITY GET BACK TOGETHER DUN DUN DUN is a legit surefire way to get people talking about it and, you know, putting their eyeballs in front of an episode or seventeen.

• Love 2

Maybe they're back as a couple but not engaged? Better for Oliver but still punishment because he wants to marry her and she doesn't trust him to that extent yet.

And then they can spend the summer together, sort of. Dating but living apart.

Edited by statsgirl

Poor Moira, she had some really dumb kids. I really want to know where Oliver and Thea got the blood family is all that matters from? Moira obviously didn't think that, which is why she paid off BM to go away. 

They are really ruining Thea's character just to keep JB around. If Oliver wants to keep is unreasonable "no kill rule" then let Thea kill him or let Sara pop in for half second and cut his head off, she doesn't have that rule. 

• Love 5

The exact quote is "I think we land in a somewhat surprising place for the two of them."

"Surprising" for whom? For that kind of viewer that showrunners talk about sometimes, that don't seem to have ever watched TV before, who don't know main pairings on the CW that break up in February get back together in May... or "surprising" for the savvy viewer expecting them to get back together because television?

They're never referring to the second group. These are the same people that wanted to sell "Oliver is dead!" over the season 3 winter hiatus and "Felicity is dead!" During this season's break. And the Olicity wedding in 416.

It's weird that I'm more reassured that Oliver and Felicity do get back together now that WM said it's going to be "surprising"

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 3

It's funny when I read the quote in your post I wondered if the surprising place is an actual location, not state of relationship. Anyone remember S2 info? I swear they used that exact phrase back in S2 as code for them ending up on the Island.
  • Love 3

They are really ruining Thea's character just to keep JB around. If Oliver wants to keep is unreasonable "no kill rule" then let Thea kill him or let Sara pop in for half second and cut his head off, she doesn't have that rule. 

Yeah, I was hoping that the BC sighting in the finale was really Sara dressed as Laurel and killing Malcolm to avenge her sister.  Since Caity wasn't in town, it's an impossible theory...but I still would have liked that.

• Love 2

Poor Moira, she had some really dumb kids. I really want to know where Oliver and Thea got the blood family is all that matters from? Moira obviously didn't think that, which is why she paid off BM to go away. 

I have thought about this way too much, bc they really have some strong dumb genes in that family. But Moira is the only commonality, since they had different fathers. So I figure it's really Dearden genes that are crazy dumb, and maybe somehow it skipped a generation with Moira?

And you know what, Robert obviously didn't think only blood family matters either, since he knew Thea wasn't his bio-daughter. So yeah, Dearden genes.

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 1

It's funny when I read the quote in your post I wondered if the surprising place is an actual location, not state of relationship. Anyone remember S2 info? I swear they used that exact phrase back in S2 as code for them ending up on the Island.

I honestly think you've nailed it. That's it, it's Lian Yu i episode 20.

• Love 2

...so they both end up in the mysterious cavernous space...dun dun dun...

Maybe they wind up in Russia so we can have Bratva present/Bratva flashbacks.

This is also not out of the question, since the blurb also mention the threat being on an international level this year.

I'm interested to see what decisions Diggle will make. He stayed with the team at the end of last season but I'm wondering if he'll decide it's time to leave for a while, especially if he still feels guilty about Laurel's death. Maybe he'll join Lyla at ARGUS?

Also, will we see Oliver's magical glowing tattoo again in the season finale? Haha.

The synopsis also said that Oliver needs to "get over his fear of magic", I don;t think the show has really shown that at all. Unless they show something traumatic and magical in the thus far,  meaningless flashbacks.

I'll take "surprising place" as literal right now.

I really wish they would release a sizzle reel for the next few episodes.

• Love 1

Oh, god.  Please no pregnancy, both because I don't want to have to watch them integrate a child into the narrative until maybe the last season, but also because it would undermine my head canon that Felicity would be diligent about birth control.

• Love 1

Hehe ok you win! That definitely works better!

Haha. I mean, I definitely want Oliver to have the family he wants in the future. I think it's important that he reaches a place where he feels he can have that and save the city. I just don't want to see it. LOL. Each to their own though! I'm just not sure these writers could handle it properly. 

The pregnancy spec is actually all over twitter right now. I'm so confused how we reached that haha!

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 5

Reeeeeaaaaallllly don't think she's pregnant.

Also really don't want it. No kids on superhero shows. I'm on board with her telling Oliver she's pregnant in the series finale.

I still think kidnapped.

• Love 1

Well, it looks like Donna and Quentin are the ones driving off into the sunset this time. Aww. I'm not a SmoaknLance fan tbh but I do think Quentin deserves some happiness.

I'm leaning towards O/F not getting back together but I'm not ruling out a reconciliation either. I don't think either way will be all that surprising to those of us who watch and talk about the show every day. I mean, it's possible that we have a kind of flip of 323 where Diggle and Thea are the ones to leave the team and O/F stay behind, together. 

Edited by Angel12d

I think this time it's Diggle leaving the team -- maybe going to work for ARGUS?

I'm still betting on O/F getting back together, but maybe they decide to "slow down"***. Hey, maybe Felicity asks Oliver out on a date.

*** in offscreenville where nobody needs to rush plots. They'll speed up again next season.

And Thea's gonna decide if she's a Queen or a Merlyn? Are you fucking kidding me with this again? I'm at the point that I do not care anymore.

NOOOOO Diggle can't leave the team. That would be the literal worst. You shush...:(  .  But it is better than Diggle dying

I still think they're getting back together by the finale and will be engaged again.I don't think they would set up the question of the season as can they be a couple and heroes, break them up in 4.15, make a big deal about marriage and then end the season with them broken up.Ending it with them just starting to get closer again or being okay working together seems kinda underwhelming a resolution considering how they've written them all season so I'm thinking another proposal in the finale probably. Not sure about the kidnapping though.I kinda like that idea and wouldn't mind it as a cliffhanger but would they really have Felicity kidnapped after everything she's been through all season? Though thinking about it, my basis for her not being in the wheelchair was that along with the lie and her dad it seemed like too much for her but they still did it so who knows.

Definitely don't think she's pregnant. I doubt the show would want to deal with their main characters having a kid for multiple seasons.They can't exactly keep the baby offscreen the way they can with Sara since Lyla isn't a regular.I see a pregnancy being more likely in the final season.

Edited by tangerine95
  • Love 3

https://twitter.com/charlotteross/status/722126558928904192

Charlotte and Paul going for a ride...Lance and Donna leaving SC?

Vegas Baby!   Lol, maybe a nice product placement for Ford or something?

Team Arrow won't just be fighting to save Star City this year - this time the finale is going national

Anyone seen the The Dark Knight Returns part 2, the animated feature?  http://batman.wikia.com/wiki/Batman:_The_Dark_Knight_Returns_Part_2_(film)

****If anyone wants to remain completely unspoiled about the movie skip ahead to the next quote.  But really, it's only a short plot point I'm going to reference. *****

In movie at one point, a nuclear bomb goes off in the atmosphere and knocks out the electric grid nation wide.  Of course in TV land the second the power goes off, everyone loots and riots and generally loses their mind (as opposed to reality when people are chill about it and generally peaceful).  So across the country ever major city is losing it's mind EXCEPT in Gotham where the Batman is able to inspire everyone to work together with the limited police force to help those that need it and keep the peace.   

I'm thinking this is going to be what Oliver is doing. 

I'm trying to think of what could be actually surprising, since there are two options really. 1) They get back together this season. 2) They don't.

Surprising place combined with the title of the episode to me suggest a divide.  It could be as simple as a physical distance or it could be as complicated as a difference in opinion on how or what they are doing.   

Also to be considered since the show likes to contrast the beginning and the end of the season, if in the season opener we ended with Felicity and Oliver blissfully happy and united working to save the city, would the opposite of that be working at odds with each other on if not separate sides (since I don't believe either would go evil) but separate solutions?  

Either way I feel like there is no way we are getting a happy Olicity ending  by the finale.  I had thought that maybe they could be  basically reconciled but outside forces get in the way and that could still be the case but I can't help wonder if the show runners are going to double down on the divide and put Oliver and Felicity really at odds like they did with Oliver and Diggle last year.  (I hate even putting in out in the universe) 

This was my first thought when I read the spoiler and honestly, if we could JUST have them in a surprising location, I could handle it some much better, but there's a part of me that wonders if they'd do something really crazy like have it look like Felicity is working with HIVE so the surprising location would be hanging out in the Corn Palace with the other chosen ones.  (Of course later to be revealed it's something her dad has done). 

Edited by BkWurm1

I don't understand

Oh, just that it's being interpreted in different ways. People who were confident about Olicity being fine are taking it as confirmation they're going to get back together by the finale (relationship-wise, if not physically), and people with doubts/are unsure think it means they're going to stay apart.

• Love 4

Oh, just that it's being interpreted in different ways. People who were confident about Olicity being fine are taking it as confirmation they're going to get back together by the finale (relationship-wise, if not physically), and people with doubts/are unsure think it means they're going to stay apart.

Ah, thanks for the explanation

I think that O/F will be together again by the finale. But I could see it going either way, doesn't really matter to me. They'll get them back on track at some point. I'm not gonna stress over it or scour interviews for hints.

I actually wonder if OQ being kidnapped in the present day in the final sequences and that could be the big cliffhanger.... He could wake up in a cavernous space in present day. Imagine everyone thinking that he is fine. The big bad is defeated. People are happy. OQ goes out for something, maybe agrees to meet up with people and ... cue flash forward and OQ is trapped somewhere. The team could then spend the hiatus trying to find him. Or he could come back in contact with his Bratva connections to get get him back home which is how we get Bratva in pd/fb.

I really do want a cliffy ending, but I could use the twist of FS not being the target of the kidnapping. Or they could just go the boring way and make the FB have the cliffhanger ala s2.

• Love 1

They'll get them back on track at some point. I'm not gonna stress over it or scour interviews for hints.

Ah, that's were we differ.  I'm sure they will get them back on track at some point but I AM going to stress over it and scour interviews for hints.  ;P

• Love 3

As long as I get my crossover wedding, I'm okay with them getting back together next season. I'd also like Felicity to propose this time after Oliver gains her trust again. I do want to see him regain her trust, though, and not have that happen in off-screen hiatusville, but I know how this show rolls, so I'm not getting my hopes up. I'm sure S5 will begin with, "Gosh, Oliver, you've shown Digg and me that you are willing to let us in and trust us as full partners over and over again. Let's get married."

• Love 4

Ah, that's were we differ.  I'm sure they will get them back on track at some point but I AM going to stress over it and scour interviews for hints.  ;P

Yep and if it was s3, I be right there with you. I just can't this season. Plus the interviews have reached a new level of dumb and too much word wrestling for my standards. But to you I say "Godspeed".... :)

• Love 1

They are apparently filming in a graveyard tonight. By wasn't Oliver's grave at the queen mansion?

https://twitter.com/ely_sky/status/722261556856139776

There was a private grave site in s1-3 that OQ had destroyed in s2. There could have been a public one in another grave site. The Queens were rich... but really I chalk it up to the producers not watching their own show. I really wish they would hire a continuity editor (or whatever you call it), someone needs to keep track of the basic facts of the show.

But why are we even visiting OQ's grave again, I guess is the bigger question.

• Love 1

There was a private grave site in s1-3 that OQ had destroyed in s2. There could have been a public one in another grave site. The Queens were rich... but really I chalk it up to the producers not watching their own show. I really wish they would hire a continuity editor (or whatever you call it), someone needs to keep track of the basic facts of the show.

But why are we even visiting OQ's grave again, I guess is the bigger question.

The same girl said she saw Sara's grave too. So I really do wonder what's happening in the finale. https://twitter.com/ely_sky/status/722272439275626497

• Love 1