Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I just hope now that we have passed BMD manufactured stupidity and Laurel's Death, we can move toward lots of nice moments leading up to an Olicity reunion.

I do really want a Sex scene in the next 2 episodes, but would also settle for Snuggles and sweetness, and an Olicity Stunt!!

Now that the idea of Olicty returning to Lian Yu is out there, I really want that to happen.

There's what I want and then there's what I think we have a shot at getting, lol. I'd be happy to be pleasantly surprised. 

• Love 1

before Oliver talk to the city EVERYONE were fighting and after the speech everyone was happy and screaming #Arrow " We will survive this"

Wait...this sounds a lot like Oliver IS revealing he is the Green Arrow.  Unless he's just saying the Arrow will keep them safe or something.  I REALLY don't want Oliver to out himself to the general public.   

• Love 3

Wait...this sounds a lot like Oliver IS revealing he is the Green Arrow.  Unless he's just saying the Arrow will keep them safe or something.  I REALLY don't want Oliver to out himself to the general public.   

It's tough to tell. She puts the #Arrow hashtag in the middle of some of her tweets instead of the end, so I think he just speechifies as Oliver and people yell, "We will survive this."

• Love 4

It's tough to tell. She puts the #Arrow hashtag in the middle of some of her tweets instead of the end, so I think he just speechifies as Oliver and people yell, "We will survive this."

That makes more sense then the crowd shouting out Hashtag Arrow, lol. 

• Love 1

I wonder where the rest of the team is.  Last night they filmed an Oliver/Darhk fight and tonight an Oliver speech.  I don't think anyone has spotted the rest of the team members around either scene.  I wonder if everyone is just going to do their own thing in the finale.

Edited by ComicFan777

I hope so, this would support Oliver moving into the Mayor position in S5, and also being inspiring to people as "Oliver Queen" rather than the "The Green Arrow" which would tie in thematically for the season. Also he would be the one to stay in Star City over the hiatus.

I really don't like the idea of Oliver being outed as the Arrow. 

• Love 4

Or he shouts "we will survive this," and the crowd repeats it.

I like this the best :) 

This is the 3rd speech he's given the Star City lol

"We will survive this" may become the new "Run Barry Run!" :)

OKAY So I asked the person who tweeted that, she said that the crowd DIDN'T yell "Arrow", they were just cheering Oliver on.

• Love 6

If the season ends with Oliver saving the city all by himself I will sigh long and loud.  Feeds a certain line of thinking that I don't like. 

He can inspire and speechify without help but I don't want him alone the whole time because you just know when season 5 rolls around and people start returning and problems start happening, there will be cries that the team is just holding him back. 

Edited by BkWurm1

"QUICK, EVERYONE! IT'S MAY, IN STAR CITY! START LIVETWEETING THIS! REMEMBER TO USE HASHTAG ARROW! THAT'S RIGHT, HASHTAG ARROW! ONLY WITH THE FORCE OF TWITTER TRENDS CAN WE HOPE TO BRING DOWN DAMIEN DARHK!!!!!!!"

• Love 7

If the season ends with Oliver saving the city all by himself I will sigh long and loud.  Feeds a certain line of thinking that I don't like. 

He can inspire and speechify without help but I don't want him alone the whole time because you just know when season 5 rolls around and people start returning and problems start happening, there will be cries that the team is just holding him back. 

I feel like the team is going to split up...

Felicity on the comms

Diggle taking down Andy

Thea taking down Malcolm

Oliver taking on Damien

At least I hope so

• Love 2

It's not any different from any of the other finales, really. Oliver gets help to a certain point, then takes out the big bad on his own. In S2 Felicity got Slade depowered, then Oliver took care of him. Last year, Digg, Thea, Laurel and Ray took out the randos with the virus, Oliver beat Ra's, and then Felicity saved him from dying. I think Oliver's always gonna have a 1-on-1 with the big bad.

• Love 5

I know that everyone on the team is a badass, but with each team member dealing with their own villains...as cool as it is that each one has their own nemesis, it seems to send the message - lone wolf with no backup getting the job done is the right thing to do...maybe they don't have a choice in the matter and have to split up.  I figured that the underlying message this season is to let the team help and not go at it alone, but if everyone dealing with their own villains on their own, it feels like the opposite of what they've been trying to say all along.

Edited by ComicFan777

From Spoilers thread:

Okaaaaaay. Sara? I didn't think Caity Lotz was in Vancouver right now.

She literally just tweeted about finishing filming and going to coachella (sp?).

So Laurel pretended to be Sara and now Sara is pretending to be her (buckles wise)?

Ugh. I'm hating this.

Oh I thought she was already at Coachella. So it might really be her? Huh. Interesting.

Ok. I can handle Sara taking Laurel's costume for one episode. But if she really is taking on the Black Canary name, please please please please let her get a new costume by next season of LoT. I loathe the buckles costume.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 5

"QUICK, EVERYONE! IT'S MAY, IN STAR CITY! START LIVETWEETING THIS! REMEMBER TO USE HASHTAG ARROW! THAT'S RIGHT, HASHTAG ARROW! ONLY WITH THE FORCE OF TWITTER TRENDS CAN WE HOPE TO BRING DOWN DAMIEN DARHK!!!!!!!"

Don't underestimate the magical powers of the internet!

From Spoilers thread:

Okaaaaaay. Sara? I didn't think Caity Lotz was in Vancouver right now. Maybe Atlin?

A really enthusiastic fan? But real talk, Show, stop with the death is really, real for real if you keep having the character, or the actress, or homages to the character show up every 5 seconds. I know death is fluid in this universe but come on!

• Love 5

From Spoilers thread:

Okaaaaaay. Sara? I didn't think Caity Lotz was in Vancouver right now. Maybe Atlin?

I really hope this is Sara. Caity mentioned getting another costume this year and perhaps she's picking up her sister's mantle. It also might be their black canary pretender that's being introduced next episode.

• Love 3

Oh I thought she was already at Coachella. So it might really be her? Huh. Interesting.

Ok. I can handle Sara taking Laurel's costume for one episode. But if she really is taking on the Black Canary name, please please please please let her get a new costume by next season of LoT. I loathe the buckles costume.

She didn't specify. Just said filming and it's weird being on a new set. It seems odd to me though that she wouldn't be there with the stunt double if it was her. Idk.

Maybe it's that new girl.

I honestly thought they would be done with the BC on Arrow.

She didn't specify. Just said filming and it's weird being on a new set. It seems odd to me though that she wouldn't be there with the stunt double if it was her. Idk.

Maybe it's that new girl.

I honestly thought they would be done with the BC on Arrow.

Caity wouldn't necessarily need a stunt double if it was just a fight scene - she does a lot of her own.

I'm going to be very surprised if this new girl takes up the BC costume for more than just 419, but I have been wrong before. :)

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 2

It's not any different from any of the other finales, really. Oliver gets help to a certain point, then takes out the big bad on his own. In S2 Felicity got Slade depowered, then Oliver took care of him. Last year, Digg, Thea, Laurel and Ray took out the randos with the virus, Oliver beat Ra's, and then Felicity saved him from dying. I think Oliver's always gonna have a 1-on-1 with the big bad.

Sorry, I wasn't clear at all.  I keep thinking that the season will end with Star City still cut off and on it's own.  So when I say Oliver saving the city on his own, I mean the team is gone and locked out of the city and Oliver is left holding everything together for the hiatus.

Caity wouldn't necessarily need a stunt double if it was just a fight scene - she does a lot of her own.

Then it's probably not her. The actress is still on set and Caity doesn't seem to be.

The tweeter is saying they are really keeping her hidden.

Didn't the casting notice for the new girl's role say that her character might be recurring? It would be kind of odd for SA to make a big "welcome to the cast" intro tweet to someone that was just a one-and-done

I wonder what she'll go by? Since Laurel's headstone says Black Canary. Or maybe they took that off? Will she go by Black Canary 2: Blacker Canary?

Black Canary 2, electric boogaloo?

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 1

Yeah, but would they really turn over the BC name to some new unrelated character? Are they that desperate to have a BC on the show? I mean, I could understand them giving it to Sara. Sara was the Canary first, she's Laurel's sister, she has her own show. But someone brand new? That idea is boggling my mind a bit.

• Love 5

Didn't the casting notice for the new girl's role say that her character might be recurring? It would be kind of odd for SA to make a big "welcome to the cast" intro tweet to someone that was just a one-and-done

Black Canary 2, electric boogaloo?

She followed everyone in the cast and was liking tweets about the renewal. I'm going with recurring if not regular.

I'm going with Buckles Pigeon.

• Love 6

Sometimes the lack of creativity for Arrow leads to it being it's own worst enemy. Please after 4x19 let there be no more impersonators or viewings of anything with "Black Canary" in it. Let the actress, the character and a lot who just want this version of it be done with once and for all. You can't miss what never goes away, SMH at the ridiculousness of having the BC showing up to begin with in episode 4x19, hope any visuals or carnations of her is really DONE after 4x19! Now I'm at a what the fuck ever state of mind with the whole death and aftermath!

• Love 1

In a bout of paranoia I went and checked Katie Cassidy's Twitter, and it looks like she's in NYC. Good.

I mentioned a few pages back that I was excited about everything for the rest of the season except for Scrappy Canary. Hopefully her part is small.

• Love 7

It looks like the person tweeting said she thought it was the stunt double (Atlin, I'm assuming). I guess the question is who is she doubling for.

https://mobile.twitter.com/itsalwaysfour/status/721201135961288705

In a bout of paranoia I went and checked Katie Cassidy's Twitter, and it looks like she's in NYC. Good.

Lol I did the same thing. Well, Facebook actually, but still.

I mentioned a few pages back that I was excited about everything for the rest of the season except for Scrappy Canary. Hopefully her part is small.

Oh good grief please no Scrappy Canary. I honestly never once considered that to be an option until now. I knew the character had the option to be recurring, but I didn't think she'd be wearing the BC costume for more than one episode.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 2

Well, the hair does remind me of CL.  At least the thickness and length.   Though in a wig I'm not sure that means anything.

I thought the same, but as you say, if it's a wig that probably doesn't mean anything.

• Love 1

I wonder what she'll go by? Since Laurel's headstone says Black Canary. Or maybe they took that off? Will she go by Black Canary 2: Blacker Canary?

Tar Canary.

Honestly, I just can't bring myself to care about this yet.

• Love 5

I only care because i'm so over and done with having a BC or any version of her on the show, and bringing any version of BC to the show will the restart the stupid "comic canon" shit that I want done and over with now that Laurel is finally six feet under.

Edited by foreverevolving
  • Love 9

I'm dreading the endless spec about who is she and what does that mean, more than the character herself. I mean, just the other day I was celebrating the lack of wedding specs this season, and now we have this?? :)

I'll wait until we meet her in 419 before getting upset, haha.

Edited by looptab
  • Love 1