Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I have a feeling that nobody will be happy once the season finale aired. No one on the show and nobody watching at home. I just have a hard time believing that once again someone would leave. S2 Oliver left, S3 Thea left, S4 O/F left... maybe it is Diggle's turn but isn't their anything else? Also why would anyone want to live in SC if it is such an awful place and there are such nice places like Ivy Town in the world.

I don't have that much enthusiasm left for the rest of the season. Maybe they will promote it with a trailer that might make me change my mind. I doubt it somewhat...

• Love 1

If Oliver and Felicity are back together but the whole city ends up being destroyed I can take it but I don't want a needless rage inducing Felicity dissapears cliffhanger ending. And I don't want the team spilit up either.

• Love 6

I wouldn't say I'm enthusiastic for the rest of the season but I am interested to see where they go from here. They've set up a lot of meaty material for Diggle and how he'll handle the guilt and feeling responsible, and what happens with Andy. Then there's the idea that Oliver might finally let go of his past. Then there's how Thea will react. She seems done with her father but she still couldn't kill him or defeat him, so how will that work out? I also want to know when/if Felicity comes back to the team and I'm interested to see what Quentin does. The typical response would be to start drinking again and go into a meltdown but I have a feeling it might be different this time. And of course I want to know what's gonna happen with Olicity. There's lots to come. I guess it just depends on how they handle it. 

I wouldn't say I'm enthusiastic either, but I certainly look forward to the next episodes more than I did last season. By this time, I was half-ready for the season to end already. The only thing to look forward to was the Olicity sex scene. We had predicted how the rest of the season would pan out - and there was endless discussion about weddings and that mysterious set they were building that ended up being just the plane, LOL. I still had hopes they could turn it around. This year they don't have to 'turn it around' for me. I just hope for an entertaining end of the season.

• Love 6

Now that I read that batman stuff-I'm looking forward to the rest of the season. I really believe this is where we are headed. Complete darkness but in a way that the team will have to work together if they want to save the city next season. LOL kind of what happened in Star city 2046 but a head of schedule. Which is LOT's thing-they kind of speed up the gone to hell timeline. 

• Love 4

I wouldn't say I'm enthusiastic either, but I certainly look forward to the next episodes more than I did last season. By this time, I was half-ready for the season to end already. The only thing to look forward to was the Olicity sex scene. We had predicted how the rest of the season would pan out - and there was endless discussion about weddings and that mysterious set they were building that ended up being just the plane, LOL. I still had hopes they could turn it around. This year they don't have to 'turn it around' for me. I just hope for an entertaining end of the season.

Oh man, last year. Last year was such a struggle. I honestly didn't know if I'd make it to the end, and that was with skipping multiple episodes. This year, minus the terribad BMD and the usual crappy plotting and writing, I'm fairly satisfied with the season as a whole. 

• Love 21

Oh man, last year. Last year was such a struggle. I honestly didn't know if I'd make it to the end, and that was with skipping multiple episodes. This year, minus the terribad BMD and the usual crappy plotting and writing, I'm fairly satisfied with the season as a whole. 

Same. I like Season 4 about 500% more than Season 3. In the run up to 309, I remember saying that there wasn't a single thing I was looking forward to for the rest of the season, and that instinct was basically correct aside from a few good moments.

So I mean, I've had major frustrations with 408, 410, 415 and 16, but otherwise I'm pretty content with things, and especially the general future of the show. I'm not trying to dance on the grave as it were, but LL has been such a square peg for me for such a long time, and more than just dropping one bad-fit character, it's an indication to me that the show can go in the directions that make the most narrative sense instead of just trying to hit specific beats because of some ill-defined canon, or because they have to find something for someone to do.

On the other hand, I truly have no clue how the rest of this season is going to go, so maybe it'll all just be a weird mess. But I can almost guarantee nothing in it will be as bad as BMD or most of S3, so...I feel good about things.

Edited by Carrie Ann
  • Love 18

Same. And a huge part is Neal McDonough to me. I probably said this already, but I enjoy him so much that I care very little that the Hive plot is just as messy as the League last year. Except, Ra's al Guhl was the worst, and brought everything down.

• Love 1

So, I'm assuming that the mysterious Corn Palace that HIVE is building beneath the harbor will somehow rise up during "Genesis", displacing all that water and flooding Star City? 

Am I the only one who is really bored by DD? I like Neal McDonough, but DD isn't really interesting to me.

Not really feeling enthusiastic about the remainder of this season…

• Love 1

I like DD, or I should say I like NM. I think he has a lot of fun playing DD and that shows. But they stalled on his character quite a few times and that's what makes magic problematic on this show. The team couldn't defeat him with his powers so there was just this endless repetitive cycle of attacking him and getting nowhere. Rinse and repeat. I liked how they changed tactics and actually captured him and sent him to prison, not something they had done with the big bad before, but now we're back to him having powers again. I'm not sure how they're gonna go from here but I'm interested to find out.

Since the team knows DD's weakness, they could just go for the totem again, turn it into dust this time and scatter it in the ocean (instead of stupidly piecing it together for no reason), and lock up DD in the supermax on Lian Yu. 

I do like DD better than MM, so I would have preferred MM to have been the "him" they had to kill this season.

• Love 1

I'm looking forward to the rest of the season for various reasons: Diggle is finally having a meaty storyline with her guilt over what happened and his brother being in the wind with Dhark; Oliver will be the "light" of the team; Felicity's dad should be back and I'm curious to see how she is going to react to the death; Lance and Felicity; more natural interactions between the characters since the one who was forced into everything is gone; Oliver and Felicity getting back together.

Last year everything was so depressing the only thing I was looking forward was Oliver and Felicity having sex, LOL. And despite the season having a happy ending it wasn't enough of a payoff for the rest while this year I overall enjoyed the season and I won't mind a ending similar to S1.

• Love 3

Things I'm looking forward to: 

• Felicity's storyline with PT and how she goes back to Team Arrow
  • Oliver being the one to take care of the others
  • Diggle's guilt
  • How Thea copes with Laurel's death
  • How Quentin copes with Laurel's death and how he's more integrated into the team
  • The return of Papa Smoak
  • I'm really curious about what the Genesis Project is and what Damien's endgame is
  • How Oliver/Felicity are going to mend their relationship
  • More Thea/Felicity, Diggle/Felicity, Thea/Diggle interactions
  • How the team deals with Andy and Malcolm

There's a lot to look forward to for the final 5 episodes. I just hope the writers don't botch it up lol

• Love 10

I like DD, or I should say I like NM. I think he has a lot of fun playing DD and that shows. But they stalled on his character quite a few times and that's what makes magic problematic on this show. The team couldn't defeat him with his powers so there was just this endless repetitive cycle of attacking him and getting nowhere. Rinse and repeat. I liked how they changed tactics and actually captured him and sent him to prison, not something they had done with the big bad before, but now we're back to him having powers again. I'm not sure how they're gonna go from here but I'm interested to find out.

You're absolutely right about DD. And don't get me wrong, I loath MM. But somehow, I kept finding myself FFing through scenes, most of DD's scenes, the flashbacks…just feeling uninspired by it all. I want to see a kick-ass TA, working together smoothly as they should by now, not making dumb mistakes and perhaps outsmarting their adversaries on a more regular basis. Stop making Oliver such a dumbass, Arrow. Stop making them all dumbasses! Perhaps the shock of losing the Black Canary will shock them into professionalism (is that a thing, professional vigilantism?) but I'm not holding my breath with these writers. :(

I personally have been WAY over Oliver, particularly, being actually intellectually stupid for PLOT for two seasons now. I don't remember while watching S1 or S2 live thinking he was ever just plain stupid. I get that he has emotional issues and is obtuse about that, I do. But I often worry he can't tie his own shoes now. Putting the idol back together made zero sense. (The "Oliver was bored and sad in the lair and just wanted to do a puzzle" stuff is HILARIOUS, but really doesn't work as a reason actually to reassemble an evil idol.) Keeping a piece back was okay, but why make it accessible? If you're suspicious of Andy why not test him with a fake piece? Why not have an actual STRATEGY for this stuff? Why take the maybe-evil guy with you to the prison, and arm him? (I might have missed something with the prison bc I was bored and tipsy by that point.)

So far he hasn't reached the utter depths of stupidity of S3 (when he left ONE WORKING PARACHUTE RIGHT THERE FOR RAG TO USE), but he's getting too close, and he seems to be dragging Digg's IQ down with him this time.

• Love 6

I think I'm looking forward to the rest of the season up until the point where they destroy the city.  I'm sorry but no.  The Undertaking, the mirikuru soldiers, and Ra's near biological destruction last season (which was unleashed in the Flashbacks)?  Yea, I've had enough.  I mean - it's totally believable to me that by the time Slade Jr. shows up in Star City whoever is left will just say f-it, let him have the city, we're out! 

They really need to have these huge season finales be a little more personal to the good guys and a little less "So um yea why is there still a show if there is no city to protect?" level of calamity.

• Love 5

I am curious as to how the rest of the season will go over. From the paps photos it looks like next episode is very funeral-heavy with both Laurel's and the callback to Tommy's. Presumably we have Diggle spiraling under his guilt over Andy/Laurel, O/F still broken up, the city being destroyed, and nothing happy to look forward to based upon EBR's description. Not really looking forward to the show returning to S3 levels of dark, but it seems determined to do so. It worked for them ratings-wise last season, but I do wonder if fatigue will start to set in. Just thinking about it makes me tired.

Remember that 421 Monument Point is their 90th episode. (SA tweet, page 346 of Social Media thread)  So that episode will probably be extra special in some  way.

Also, remember that a papp tweeted that they shot a scene of Oliver alone at the cemetery during filming of 419.  What do you bet that it's an extended scene of Oliver talking to Laurel's grave (right before Barry shows up) and that he'll say stuff like, 'you deserved better than me',  'you were my first love', 'a part of me will always love you', etc.?

Edited by tv echo

I am curious as to how the rest of the season will go over. From the paps photos it looks like next episode is very funeral-heavy with both Laurel's and the callback to Tommy's. Presumably we have Diggle spiraling under his guilt over Andy/Laurel, O/F still broken up, the city being destroyed, and nothing happy to look forward to based upon EBR's description. Not really looking forward to the show returning to S3 levels of dark, but it seems determined to do so. It worked for them ratings-wise last season, but I do wonder if fatigue will start to set in. Just thinking about it makes me tired.

I think with the city falling apart, there might be opportunities for great character stuff.

• Love 1

What do you bet that it's an extended scene of Oliver talking to Laurel's grave (right before Barry shows up) and that he'll say stuff like, 'you deserved better than me', 'you were my first love', 'a part of me will always love you', etc.?

What do we win if you're wrong?

• Love 7

Remember that 421 Monument Point is their 90th episode. (SA tweet, page 346 of Social Media thread)  So that episode will probably be extra special in some  way.

Also, remember that a papp tweeted that they shot a scene of Oliver alone at the cemetery during filming of 419.  What do you bet that it's an extended scene of Oliver talking to Laurel's grave (right before Barry shows up) and that he'll say stuff like, 'you deserved better than me',  'you were my first love', 'a part of me will always love you', etc.?

Don't make me bring Hamad the dead terrorist out!

okay? Okay.

• Love 1

More bad news: a fan on Twitter found SA and the crew filming in the park and said that the Poppy actress was there too.

Unless they're shooting pick ups for the flashbacks, it implies Poppy is still around in 423, right?

Edited by lemotomato

LOL I'm not bothered about #Poppy at all. I don't care what episodes she's in. I forget she exists most of the time haha.

Well she didn't die in 418 so she'll probably die in the finale.

But since it was implied that she has family in Russia, it's also possible she gets off the island with Oliver and is part of his Bratva storyline next season, and for whatever reason goes back to the island with him for the last time (right before he's "found") and doesn't die until then.

But since it was implied that she has family in Russia, it's also possible she gets off the island with Oliver and is part of his Bratva storyline next season, and for whatever reason goes back to the island with him for the last time (right before he's "found") and doesn't die until then.

Pretty sure that's not possible since one of the Arrow related books released recently revealed her name on the 4th grave
  • Love 2

Pretty sure that's not possible since one of the Arrow related books released recently revealed her name on the 4th grave

lemotomato accounted for why Poppy could go to Russia AND be in a grave on the island, but I'm choosing to ignore it because I cannot deal with the thought of another season of her. No.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 8
(edited)

lemotomato accounted for why Poppy could go to Russia AND be in a grave on the island, but I'm choosing to ignore it because I cannot deal with the thought of another season of her. No.

Sorry, I missed that but still...

What would be the point of keeping her alive for another season just to bring her back to the Island to kill her off?

Simpliest/most direct/most likely scenario is that she dies on the Island in S4 which is why she's burried there.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

My crack theory for a while was that Oliver somehow gains access to the magic that Darhk/Reiter has and that somehow Poppy becomes a casualty/sacrifice that powers him up to defeat Reiter in the flashbacks in the last episode in the season, triggering Oliver to really believe that anyone he partners with ends up dying/worse off and that it's best to go at it alone a la s1 Oliver. Probably won't happen since I can't picture Oliver actually using magic, but I'm still thinking that she dies this season as well.

• Love 6

My crack theory for a while was that Oliver somehow gains access to the magic that Darhk/Reiter has and that somehow Poppy becomes a casualty/sacrifice that powers him up to defeat Reiter in the flashbacks in the last episode in the season, triggering Oliver to really believe that anyone he partners with ends up dying/worse off and that it's best to go at it alone a la s1 Oliver. Probably won't happen since I can't picture Oliver actually using magic, but I'm still thinking that she dies this season as well.

I like that theory. That would go a long way to explaining why Oliver became Mr. I Have to Do Everything On My Own.
  • Love 2

I'm looking forward to the rest of the season quite a bit. There are so many interesting things in play:  Diggle/Andy and Diggle's guilt, the return of Felicity's father and her work at Palmer Tech, Felicity and Oliver's working relationship and personal relationship, Damien's corn plot, Thea and Malcolm battling it out, revenge against Laurel's killer and Oliver making peace with being a killer in certain circumstances, what looks like a league of supervillians--I'm really excited by this!--Quintin grieving for Laurel as a member of the team, and even what happens if Oliver becomes mayor. I'm speculating that the group splits in two, and I'm interesting in seeing the lines along which that happens--I can think of some different options. The only thing I'm dreading is if that teenage girl who is supposed to be a recurring character becomes some sort of vigilante-in-training--I could see it be a real cousin Oliver or a bratty teenager situation.  Thea only stopped being petulant this year.  I don't want to see them import more petulance.

• Love 11

These spoilers sound really promising :D 

I'm glad the show isn't avoiding Quentin's alcoholism. I'm glad Donna's going to help him. I'm also excited for Felicity's dad! Also they said a couple of episodes! I wonder what he's up to...

• Love 5

I don't think Donna will appear until 4.20, but I'm looking forward to it. As well as the return of Papa Smoak.

It's interesting TVLine are doing spoilers on Arrow again, I think they avoided Arrow spoilers ever since the Funeral Scenes leaked.

Edited by Genki
  • Love 1

I really hope that Papa Smoak gets out of Iron Heights and winds up doing something positive to maybe help turn around Felicity's belief that people can't/don't change. Help the team with some insider info? IDK...something good. 

• Love 1

I don't think Donna will appear until 4.20, but I'm looking forward to it. As well as the return of Papa Smoak.

It's interesting TVLine are doing boilers on Arrow again, I think they avoided Arrow spoilers ever since the Funeral Scenes leaked.

I could be wrong but, I think we have information that Donna is in 420, 422, 423 and 421 is iffy. Donna/Lance will probably be in 420 and Noah shows up 422-423?
  • Love 2

Going by the spoilers, it doesn't look like Noah and Donna will cross paths. Too bad.

For no reason at all, I thought of Alex. If Oliver hadn't quit the mayoral race and Alex was still working for him, can you imagine how much he would flip over Oliver eulogizing not only his ex connected to his huge scandal, but to an unveiled vigilante? Thea would naturally shish kebab him. It still causes some amusement to him in some PT office going 

tumblr_mi1nvo7PWc1rqfhi2o1_250.gif

• Love 5

It's not that I think it's impossible, but she's explicitly tied to Lance and him dealing with the aftermath of Laurel's death. Which makes sense. But given that she's a guest star and we're talking about the final episodes which are usually chock full of action, I don't know that there will be room for her to interact with her ex.

I want The Calculator back but I want him next season, not rushed into the wrap-up of Damian Darhk and Malcolm Merlyn's storylines so I'm ambivalent about that spoiler.

I'm interested in the Quentin one though and how he honors Laurel without doing he default of hitting the bottle.  He better do something good since she was fridged for his and Diggle's manpain.

I'm also curious how Sara finds out about Laurel's death.  Is there a direct line to the Waverider flying around in time?

• Love 2

I definitely want The Calculator story to come back in S5, but I think it was wrapped too early in S4, since he may have triggered Felicity's abandonment and trust issues, so I'm looking forward to Papa Smoak's return.

• Love 2

As long as we don't get an infuriating cliffhanger of Noah having Felicity Kidnapped or forcing her to work with him to avoid Deaths of Oliver Diggle Quentin Donna and Thea im down to see more Papa Smoak

• Love 6

Sorry, I missed that but still...

What would be the point of keeping her alive for another season just to bring her back to the Island to kill her off?

Simpliest/most direct/most likely scenario is that she dies on the Island in S4 which is why she's burried there.

Lmao. The what is the point q could be asked about laurel as well. But see exhibit a.

I have no excitement left for this show. I expect them to use laurels death to drive the show into the finale. Tired of the same old plot. Glad she's dead, but it's still getting old.

As long as we don't get an infuriating cliffhanger of Noah having Felicity Kidnapped or forcing her to work with him to avoid Deaths of Oliver Diggle Quentin Donna and Thea im down to see more Papa Smoak

Who would ever suggest such a cruel thing? Walks away whstling innocently.

I have to say, with Daddy Dearest popping back up I don't think we can rule it out. Toss in the final episode title and some kind of split or separation also seems more likely.

I want, like really want, Oliver and Felicity back together and trying to hold the city together while everyone else is gone but if the really wanted to twist the knife, they'd almost have them reconcile and then force distance between them.

If season five flashbacks should end with Oliver at his darkest, season five present day should end with him at his most balanced and happy. And in order to emphasize his happiness at the end of season five, I wonder if that means they are going to start the season with Green Arrow in not a happy place.

• Love 5

I'm more interested in the character dynamics than I am in the big villain takedowns. I can take a lot of stupid if the characters are strong. I'm hoping to get some great moments between characters we haven't seen interact much this season.

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 10