Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

DR: "I'm very excited for the fans to see that, how we deal with the sacrifices that [Ra's] forces us all to make."

It sounds like everyone on Team Arrow is going to have to sacrifice something.

Maybe Diggle will have to sacrifice being with his family? Felicity probably sacrifices herself (maybe not in a literal sense, but a more philosophical one)? 

Edited by wonderwall

Maybe Diggle will have to sacrifice being with his family? Felicity probably sacrifices herself (maybe not in a literal sense, but a more philosophical one)? 

Yeah, it sounds like this is the new theme, sacrifice, DR and EBR have both mentioned it.  I'm not sure about the rest but I would assume everyone will sacrifice something, job, family, health, life, etc.

Since I don't believe Felicity is the one dying and possibly being LP, I think she may give up her life in Starling City. Diggle and family too.

Speaking in terms of who has access in the foundry: I can see both Diggle, Felicity, and Thea sacrificing their lives in Starling because I truly believe that they'd go this far to help and save Oliver. I don't, however, think that Laurel would ever give up Starling for Oliver (and rightly so). So if the theme is sacrifice, how will Laurel play a part? Because now that her whole BC thing is over and done with, there's no story left to tell for her other than her training, going out at night and fighting, patching things up with Quentin which is all minor stuff at this point. 

In his CBR interview, DR said that all of their lives, including Diggle and Lyla's, "will be touched in a personal way by Ra's al Ghul" in his effort to get Oliver to be the new Ra's.   Now I'm dreading that maybe Diggle loses either Lyla or baby Sara in such a way that Oliver will be blamed, and that sets up a rift between them going into next season?

Edited by tv echo

So if the theme is sacrifice, how will Laurel play a part?

I think she will lose her ADA job. Right now she's parttime BC and full time ADA (though we rarely see that part). I think she'll end up losing her job for good this time.

Although maybe she loses her father as well by the end of the season.

Edited by Starfish35

Laurel will probably "sacrifice" her job as a lawyer.  Not that I actually believe that this is a sacrifice since 1.) do the writers even remember that she's a lawyer anymore? and 2.) that pesky job just gets in the way of her vigilante-ing.  Poor Roy's gonna make the biggest sacrifice of all, I think.  I would be shocked if he doesn't die in episode 19.  

• Love 2

If Team Arrow (and families i.e. Thea and Lyla) scatter, I could see Laurel being left in charge of Starling City, perhaps with Nyssa or Ray.  

If that is the case then everybody can say goodbye to Starling City for good. ;-) 

• Love 5

Laurel will probably "sacrifice" her job as a lawyer.  Not that I actually believe that this is a sacrifice since 1.) do the writers even remember that she's a lawyer anymore? and 2.) that pesky job just gets in the way of her vigilante-ing.  

Personally, I always like the fact that she did have a real good paying job unlike every other vigilante. She was the person in the DA office and the way they portrayed that at the beginning of S3 was not bad (You catch 'em, I cook 'em). Now that nobody seems to work there anymore they don't even have to bother catching the bad guys because they will be free in no time. 

Edited by Belinea

Sacrifice was also the theme  at the end of s1, 1x23 was even called Sacrifice, but the cave was smaller then so only Oliver, Diggle, Felicity and Moira go to sacrifice.  (I'm sure they thought Laurel was sacrificing too by staying to collect papers but whatever.)  Now everyone gets to be in on the action.

I wonder if Nyssa sacrifices anything.

Ray's got lasers and rockets and shit, so theoretically Oliver shouldn't be able to best him in a fight,

He shouldn't have been able to beat Barry who is super speed but experience and planning do count.

Something I like is that SA is making it not about jealousy of Ray being with Felicity, but about Ray putting Felicity in danger. It's a parallel of when Felicity was insecure last season not because Oliver was sleeping with  Sara but because she felt she wasn't as useful.   With all the things this show gets wrong, I like that one thing they get right is that neither Oliver nor Felicity is dog-in-the-manger.

And because this is TV and has no thought bubbles, Oliver's got to talk it out with someone that he's angry that Ray is risking Felicity's safety after he himself sacrificed a relationship with her to keep her safe (or at least that's what he's telling himself now).  I'd like it to be Diggle but he's on a honeymoon so a fight with Ray would be acceptable too.

" in a relationship she [Felicity] wants a teammate."

Oh she wants a teammate, does she? ;) I'll be pleased to point out just which teammate she really wants. :D

She wants Oliver Queen.  The guy in green in the lair these days is The Arrow, who is pushing her out of the decisions.  That, and putting her in a job suitable for her talents, is Ray's real appeal to me.

I still cannot with EBR's take on Raylicity, but it's her job to sell it, so I will let it go. However, viewers love Olicity but also love watching R/F? Em, this is a safe space--tell us who lied to you.

I've seen a number of comments to blogs and press articles that are very pro-Raylicity.  They may all be people who want Laurel is Oliver but they're not copping to it..  I personally think, like Robert Dougherty, that the Oliver/Felicity chemistry blows Raylicity out of the water, but I can see why some people might like that Felicity is finally getting a guy who is good to her romantically.

If that is the case then everybody can say goodbye to Starling City for good. ;-) 

I always assumed that the new spin off would take place in some new city...but if the team Arrow is forced to leave Starling maybe they'll just rename the place Star City and start fresh for a while with the new recruits. 

Edited by BkWurm1

I always assumed that the new spin off would take place in some new city...but if the team Arrow is forced to leave Starling maybe they'll just rename the place Star City and start fresh for a while with the new recruits. 

The issue I sort of have with this is Laurel. I really doubt Laurel would leave Starling and go with Team Arrow to wherever they're going. It wouldn't make sense for Laurel to go with TA because she's repeatedly said she's not a part of that team... UNLESS she's forced to go with the team for whatever reason? IDK

• Love 1

I still think Laurel will leave with Nyssa at the end of the season (not permanently, though I wish). Diggle may leave Team Arrow and join ARGUS. Felicity....don't know. Thea will be with Oliver probably.

Edited by Starfish35

I still think Laurel will leave with Nyssa at the end of the season (not permanently, though I wish). Diggle may leave Team Arrow and join ARGUS. Felicity....don't know. Thea will be with Oliver probably.

It's the Felicity question that eats at me.  Maybe she has enough money saved up to vanish on her own.  Maybe all she'll need to do is lie low with Mom in Vegas (makes extra cash as a cocktail waitress - that would be hilariously awful).  It seems too good to be true to have her actually with Oliver if he's still Ra's Ollie Guhl, but one can dream.

If I turn to nightmares then I imagine that Palmer could swoop in and use his resources to keep her out of the hands of the police. 

• Love 1

I don't think the season will end with Oliver being Ra's. But it may end with them having to go all different directions. Felicity could go to Vegas for awhile - didn't think about that.

Or, worst case scenario, she goes with Palmer.

Edited by Starfish35

I think she will lose her ADA job. Right now she's parttime BC and full time ADA (though we rarely see that part). I think she'll end up losing her job for good this time.

Is Laurel even a lawyer anymore? I cant remember the last time we saw her in a courtroom, or doing courtroom things.Its too bad. I actually liked her as Team Arrows contact within the justice system. 

That would work for me, especially if Laurel stays to do legal stuff. The problem is, when Oliver comes back, and we know he will, where will he go?   Star City will be Ray's and the metahumans', there will be no place for an archer.

While logically I can see them writing Ray proposing to Felicity and thus protecting  her, in terms of emotional beats, it just doesn't work for me.  Raylicity hasn't been built on solid enough ground to leave that as a cliff-hanger rather than Felicity following Oliver (which I hope is what EBR meant when she said that Felicity may sacrifice her life for Oliver).

BkWurm1, you were predicting that at the end of the season, Oliver will realize Starling City can be taken care of by the other vigilantes and he'll retire to being Oliver Queen.  Still a possible?

ETA:  I love Diggle!  "You hurt her, they'll never find your body."

SA's face ..... he must have had such fun acting that scene.

They really lampshaded that Oliver and Ray have had no contact for 5 months. At least they acknowledged it.

Edited by statsgirl

Now I get why it was Emily's favorite scene. I love Diggle/Felicity, nice to see that he's looking out for her. I need more of their friendship. I still don't understand the point of Ray being the minister though, trying way too hard writers.

Edited by rainydawn
  • Love 3

Oliver is going to relish punching Ray..

I don't condone violence of any kind but I have a feeling we're ALL going to relish Oliver punching Ray.

Although now that I've vocalized that, if you think about it, the poor guy hasn't really done anything wrong. He's not smug. He's not an asshole. He's been good to Felicity and good for her as well. It's really too bad the writers had to make him borderline stalkery when they introduced him. Stupid writers.

• Love 1

Brandon Routh's face when Diggle threatened him -- LOL.  Palmer's not sure if it's a joke or serious.  I feel sorry for BR with all the hate Ray is getting, and Shaw got.

I like how they threw in that Oliver is always late, and that  Felicity can get you a license in 3 minutes with wifi.

Is Lyla going to have any bridesmaids?  I thought it might be Felicity but I guess Lyla does have friends after all.

That is such a great clip. I'm still smiling. I was so dreading the Ray as minister bit, but the campy ridiculousness of it softens the blow and makes me feel like the writers are purposefully making us want to punch him in the face.

Fake public-persona Oliver is back in this clip and I missed him so. Digg is perfection. Felicity is actually the straight-man woman character in this and it totally works.

The tone and spoilers we've seen so far makes me think this will be a lighter episode before things get really dark. And I could use lighter...so I'm looking forward to it and will probably watch it live.

Edited by WaitandHope

I seriously do not understand the whole butter coffee thing. I mean WHY? What is wrong with plain old coffee?

Felicity not so subtly checking Oliver out is my new favorite thing: 

tumblr_inline_nlschkagId1ss66hw.gif

Oh I think Oliver was just as obvious - if not more.

tumblr_inline_nlschyKhyk1ss66hw.gif

• Love 6

That scene highlights every single problem I have with Palmer. The crazy eyes. Taking focus off characters I care about. The frustration at his "it' a long story" re: being a Minister, because it doesn't explain anything, other than the plot needing to give him a function in a scene where he just acknowledged he hasn't seen Oliver in five months, but at the same time I DON'T WANT TO HEAR this long story because I *don't care* to hear his long stories. I want Felicity's long stories.

Why couldn't she be a Minister, you know? Growing up in Vegas, it wouldn't even be completely out of whack. And the explanation is "I grew up in Vegas, guys." 2 second line, explains everything. Palmer robs me of more of Felicity, every single time.

• Love 13
Regardless, EBR is trying to sell her arc because this is the ONLY thing she's gotten this season. That's her job. I just feel bad for Emily because it's difficult to sell crap and expect a fortune. If you read the entire interview though you can see what Emily really wants is for Felicity to have time for herself and not want her character to be lost in the love interest role. It seems as though she's kind of disappointed in the fact that Felicity's main arc was a romantic one this year.

I think you are making a lot of assumptions there, how do you know what Emily really believes in and wants.

Felicity's wearing a red dress. Oliver looked at her and probably thought of how she looked on their date. HOLD ME.

I think Felicity being the minister would have been a lot of fun. They missed out there trying to fit Ray in. 

I think you are making a lot of assumptions there, how do you know what Emily really believes in and wants.

Regardless of whether or not she loves what she's selling, that's what she's there to do. So if people call her out on some of the things she says, the truth is she's just doing her job. Never in my post did I say EBR doesn't like the R/F, but a lot of people don't seem to be buying what she's selling because the writers botched up R/F. The only assumption I made was that EBR seems disappointed that her main arc was a romantic one because she always talks about how Felicity is independent and wonderful and how she wants Felicity to have some down time and time for herself. Is there anything wrong in that?

• Love 7

Crack shipper Trollenheim second wedding of the season buy-in theory: Diggle mentioning how he and Lyla first got married in an ATV = foreshadowing for Felicity and Oliver getting last-minute hitched on the Arrowplane to Nanda Parbat.  

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 2

This episode is gonna have Palmer going I Am Iron Man on tv, isn't it?

It offends me that after Moira ran for Mayor, they went there and filled the position with a woman, but she's apparently the most incompetent of all Mayors ever?UGH.

Reality doesn't even figure into this show. So a rich business man has a major place at a police press conference? not only that but he gets the big speech, what kind of politician gives up that kind of limelight?

Also, Laurel is a tool.

• Love 9

Crack shipper Trollenheim second wedding of the season buy-in theory: Diggle mentioning how he and Lyla first got married in an ATV = foreshadowing for Felicity and Oliver getting last-minute hitched on the Arrowplane to Nanda Parbat.  

Fully aware it's a crack theory BUT If they're really going to semi-Alias it I'm going to laugh and cry a lot. Probably both at the same time.

• Love 1

Excuse you, he is a CITY LEADER.

so yes 

haha

Lol. So any rich guy can just buy his way into power now?

Oh wait. Now I get why he's there. Smh.

Lol. So any rich guy can just buy his way into power now?

Oh wait. Now I get why he's there. Smh.

Well, didn't they set up that he had all access to the mayor because he was giving the SCPD money or donating equipment or something? So that I believe - money can get you pretty much anywhere. Except for on the podium with the mayor, the police captain and an ADA. So yeah. He's there because he gave hefty amounts of cash to the P.L.O.T. Device fund. He's its #1 donor!

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 11

"Ask me on the beach."

I would not be able to handle it.

Cue the season ending with them happy for like two full minutes before their car gets run into/their plane crashes/Felicity's house explodes with them in it and MG telling us what an EPIC cliffhanger it is.

Ahem. Back to spoilers we go.

• Love 2