Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

That doesn't necessarily means they're shooting in the mountains, it's Monday, based on other pics he seem to have posted for the weekend, it looks more like he was on a weekend trip/vacation stayed until Monday morning and than came back to the city for work later in the day.

true. I actually saw some other source report it on twitter and went to check lol. But baed on the other pictures you're probably right. 

http://twitter.com/lightboxgallery/status/567402919524171776 

Edited by ban1o

For someone who has arguably questionable judgment when it comes to storytelling and fan reception, MG is being amazingly clever about getting people to watch his show.  The next episode is mainly about Oliver and Thea, but yet he's going to get Felicity/Olicity fans to watch with his 'break the internet" and "grin" spoilers, and he's going to get Laurel/BC fans to watch with his someone calls her "Black Canary" spoiler.

• Love 1

This blurb in the spoiler thread about Nanda Parbat being so interesting and well done with a great twist is from Guggenheim, not a reviewer:

haha yeah I know. I just decided to post it. I know it being from Guggenheim makes it's validity more questionable though. 

I lost track of all these game changers.

Wasn't one supposed to happen in 3.18?

We have a short hiatus after 3.15 (i believe), so I guess a "game changer" is due to happen then...

[Like Ra's saying "I am your father, Oliver!"]

Either way, I'm not overly interested unless the game changer means Lazarus was used on Sara a while ago.

Edited by Ariah

I lost track of all these game changers.

Wasn't one supposed to happen in 3.18?

We have a short hiatus after 3.15 (i believe), so I guess a "game changer" is due to happen then...

[Like Ra's saying "I am your father, Oliver!"]

Either way, I'm not overly interested unless the game changer means Lazarus was used on Sara a while ago.

3x15 has a big twist and apparently 3x18 is also huge game changer episode. So both of them are I guess. 3x15 makes sense since there is a short hiatus after. 

So, 3x15 is going to end with Ra's offering to mentor Oliver or asking Oliver if he wants to join the League, I guess? Or Ra's will reveal that he knows Thea actually killed Sara and he'll offer to let her off scot free in exchange for Malcolm? And Oliver will turn him down, thus incurring his wrath? (<----I really hope that's not it because I can handle a ton of idiocy from Oliver, but I cannot handle that)

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1

Or Ra's will reveal that he knows Thea actually killed Sara and he'll offer to let her off scot free in exchange for Malcolm? And Oliver will turn him down, thus incurring his wrath? (<----I really hope that's not it because I can handle a ton of idiocy from Oliver, but I cannot handle that)

LMAO this would be the most idiotic thing Oliver has done to date. I hope this is not it. I don't think I could handle that. 

Edited by ban1o
  • Love 1

The thing is, I kind of expect something MORE of a thing advertised as a game-changer / a great twist than Ra's offer to take Oliver in.

Then again, I should have know better by now.

LMAO this would be the most idiotic thing Oliver has done to date. I hope this is not it. I don't think I could handle that. 

Haha, I don't think that would be it, but my brain went there after the Malcolm Merlyn redemption tour and the fact that Oliver considers saving him once Ra's has him. I figure Ra's must be trying to use him for leverage for something, although I really don't know what. I just really cannot take Oliver doing more dumb shit for Malcolm, even if it is some kind of long con that we don't know about yet.

SA said in one of his videos on his Facebook page, that an upcoming episode ends with Oliver on his knees in front of Ra's. Since episode 3x16 is called "The Offer", Ra's might make some kind of offer to Oliver, I have no idea what kind though...

• Love 1

It's a good thing I'm not playing a drinking game based on every time MG tweets "epic", "game changer", "Emmy-worthy" or "break the internet" or I'd be totally wasted.

Is it wrong that I'd rather see Oliver work with Ra's than Malcolm? I too enjoy John Barrowman but enough is enough. Is there such a thing as too much Barrowman? I think we've found it…

• Love 5

A twist people talk about for a long time? Hmm. Unless it's dumb, which is likely, I can't see that happening. Maybe that Thea has been in on it all along, although I don't know if that's possible. I really don't see anything happening with Ra's that's going to be a twist. I'm stumped.

SA said in one of his videos on his Facebook page, that an upcoming episode ends with Oliver on his knees in front of Ra's. Since episode 3x16 is called "The Offer", Ra's might make some kind of offer to Oliver, I have no idea what kind though...

If Oliver's on his knees, maybe he's the one making the offer. Himself in exchange for Malcolm? No, because the stupidity would hurt. 

• Love 1

I could see Oliver giving himself up for the sake of Thea but then it conflicts with all the spoilers from later episodes, where he's at Diggle's wedding and then possibly in jail. It doesn't add up.

I can't remember exactly but was Malcolm the reason Sara was in SC in 301? 

yes. She was there since he was spotted in Starling city I think. 

Edited by ban1o

I could see Oliver giving himself up for the sake of Thea but then it conflicts with all the spoilers from later episodes, where he's at Diggle's wedding and then possibly in jail. It doesn't add up.

Maybe Ra's refuses the offer? Or maybe he's just kneeling because it's a League tradition. Hopefully that tradition extends to removing one's shirt before going down on their knees, haha. 

And yeah, from what I can remember Malcolm was the reason Sara was in town. But wasn't it kind of convoluted? Didn't Sara let Laurel know she was in town but told her not to tell Quentin, but then we later found out that Quentin knew and she told him not to tell Laurel? Or was that in a fanfic? If that was real, what was the point? I don't remember. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 2

And yeah, from what I can remember Malcolm was the reason Sara was in town. But wasn't it kind of convoluted? Didn't Sara let Laurel know she was in town but told her not to tell Quentin, but then we later found out that Quentin knew and she told him not to tell Laurel? Or was that in a fanfic? If that was real, what was the point? I don't remember. 

Yeah I was totally confused about this. She told Laurel not to tell Quentin Sara was in town in 1x04  but in episode 4 they found out apparently Sara had been in contact with Quentin and told him not to tell Laurel.

Yeah I was totally confused about this. She told Laurel not to tell Quentin Sara was in town in 1x04  but in episode 4 they found out apparently Sara had been in contact with Quentin and told him not to tell Laurel.

I don't really understand the point of it unless it was to establish that Quentin knew Sara was working on something SOUPER SEEKRIT and that she'd be around town sometimes and maybe not able to contact him in order to sell the fact that he didn't seem overly concerned about not hearing from her from months on end and then was okay with seeing her in town and still not being all that worried about it. 

yes. She was there since he was spotted in Starling city I think. 

I'm confused because I remember them finding Sara's pictures of Malcolm and if the LoA sent her to find him, well she did so why was he still at large? This is why I always thought there was another reason why Sara was in SC at the start of the season and we just haven't found out yet. But I thought it would be a bigger mystery than we got so more fool me!

Maybe Ra's refuses the offer? Or maybe he's just kneeling because it's a League tradition. Hopefully that tradition extends to removing one's shirt before going down on their knees, haha. 

Yeah, I think the on his knees thing is tradition. They made him do it in 309 too. And I think 'The Offer' in 316 is going to be more to do with Laurel since we supposedly find out who her trainer is in that episode. 

I haven't rewatched any episodes so my memory is a little hazy on the detail. I'm pretty sure she told Laurel not to tell Quentin but he'd already spoken to her or something? I don't really get it, as I explained above. It seemed like she was there to hunt Malcolm down for the LoA but she'd clearly already found him, based on the amount of pictures she'd taken. It just felt like there was more to that story than initially thought but I might be giving the writers too much credit there. 

Edited by Guest

It just felt like there was more to that story than initially thought but I might be giving the writers too much credit there. 

I thought there was more to it too, and I thought for sure that it would come into play at some point. Maybe it will, but if I had to guess I'd say we're giving the writers more credit than they're due, unless we find out from Ra's in 2x15 what else she was doing there. I also wonder if her comment about being able to overhear Team Arrow's comms is ever going to be revisited (with Ray maybe? Although a few interviews with BR made it seem like Ray really doesn't know what's up, even though that might not mean anything), or if that was just a simple way to write off Sara being able to find Oliver in the first place. 

I think she just had to collect proves that Malcolm was, in fact, alive. I guess she would have gone back to Nanda Parbat and then they'd sent a whole team to take him down. 

To stay on topic: no sneak peak yet?

Edited by looptab
  • Love 1

The Laurel-Sara-Quentin story was/is so badly done in general. It still baffles me that they don't seem to get why people thought it was tasteless to not tell Quentin about Sara. I assume they didn't see it coming that everyone turn it into a running gag. 

So nobody really cares/talks about 3x14. That either means it is a great episode which honestly the flashback episodes never have been or it is so forgettable that nobody needs to talk about it.  3x15 seems to get more things going. Ray and his suit, Oliver and the LoA, maybe Ray/Felicity, maybe some inside into Malcolm's plan and Thea's role in the whole thing. 

I have to be honest, I am still annoyed by the Felicity/Laurel light convo of last week (even if they didn't mean to imply that Laurel is now Oliver's light again it just shows that the writing is limited when it comes to choose actual words or they just don't care about details that the viewer might care about) If Felicity calls Laurel BC tomorrow I might just hurl something at the TV. Couldn't they have given Felicity something better to do than be Ray's and Laurel's fangirl? At some point even EBR's personality and charm cannot turn this into a good thing. Additionally, nobody on Team Arrow knows about her building that suit, right. That might cause also more harm than it will do good when they find out. Well, only Oliver will be annoyed the rest will probably be ok with it. Felicity and her bf building a high tech suit (weapon), why should anyone worry. Somebody mentioned that maybe 3x19 could be a backdoor pilot (just a prediction, not a spoiler) Even if I don't want to spend more time on Ray than I actually need to, if he'd go and do his own thing after S3, I could be able to handle it. But since all the EPs are seemingly tone-deaf when it comes to people complaining about Ray, I have little face that he will be gone by the time S3 ends. Even he will be so awesome that it will overshadow the potential Felicity relationship and people will embrace it or it will really divide people: One group will like the ATOM and the other group will be mad at him for the Felicity thing. I just don't see this being the best storyline. At the end of the day, they will all have to come together to fight a common goal, right? So what is it going to be this season? Ra's, MM or someone else? What will Oliver do at the end of the season? He probably won't embrace being just the Arrow. Will he hang up the hood? Will he be both? And if he is both what will the others do? If Felicity is off with Ray and everyone else wears a mask and his sister knows, why would he need to be more Oliver Queen than the Arrow? He could just be the person he is right now. End of the story. 

God that was a long rant. (Sorry) But honestly I am at this point only curious what happens at season's end. Because with all these epic game changer I want something to actually be different come May.

• Love 4

The sneak peek will probably be on the island fighting Slade.  Yawn.

Possible to spare Malcolm if Oliver joins the LoA.  Although why in the world Oliver would want to save MM at this point is beyond me.  Maybe the offer is to save Thea.

If I were Felicity, and Oliver not only shut down a relationship but went off to Nanda Parbat for an indefinite time, I'd head straight either to Ray Palmer or a nunnery.

• Love 1

I wonder if the game changer at the end of 315 could be killing off Malcolm Merlyn? That might actually be a game changer. Have we seen any set pics with JB after 315?

Emily posted this January 16. I think episode 15 was being filmed then but I'm not 100% sure 

http://instagram.com/p/x7OVG5CKXT/?modal=true 

I do kinda doubt they would make him a regular in season 3 just to kill him off though. 

Edited by ban1o

I do kinda doubt they would make him a regular in season 3 just to kill him off though. 

Edit: Barrowman posted this picture a week ago with SA and DR but it's not on set http://instagram.com/p/y1Dl2zvmGy/?modal=true . However I assume this mean she is still filming. 

I doubt that too, but it would leave people talking, especially since Oliver was hanging his hat on Malcolm teaching him how to defeat Ra's. That would definitely be a twist I wouldn't see coming - I'd call it a game changer. 

And that instagram was from a con, so I don't think it points to him filming one way or another. 

• Love 1

And that instagram was from a con, so I don't think it points to him filming one way or another. 

ah just noticed it was in Texas lol. 

yeah Merlyn dying would definitely be a twist and a game changer, and something most people don't see coming. Definitely a possibility. 

I could see them killing off Malcolm in a really most sincerely dead way if the rumors of another Torchwood series happening is true.  Plus he's trying to get his YA novels he wrote with his sister turned into a TV series.  Who knows though.

Maybe they are going to kill off Ra's and then Malcolm is going to emerge as the true Villain who has been playing them all along. No one would guess that they would kill him off. 

Edited by 10Eleven12

That would be kind of funny if they killed Malcolm off.  Oliver doesn't need him to beat Ra's...there's Maseo or Nyssa, who I'm sure are both proficient enough to teach him everything that he needs to know.  Or heck, at the rate we're going, Nyssa could train Laurel for a month, and then Laurel could train Oliver.  Really, I don't think that they will kill Malcolm off, but I would be pleased if they did.   

• Love 2

It's actually something I never considered before WaitAndHope mentioned it. I still doubt it's the case, but now it's a possibility in my mind, especially since Barrowman hasn't been seen filming and none of the cast have taken pictures with him since January. I doubt it though,  I think they love Merlyn/Barrowman too much lol and it would kinda make him useless if they just killed him off lol. 

Something Lazarus Pit related could definitely come into play though as the cliff hanger. 

Edited by ban1o

Wasn't he at a table read recently? Didn't PB post a pic with him and Willa?

He was - he posted a pic with her and her lunch.

Something Lazarus Pit related could definitely come into play though as the cliff hanger. 

He was at a table read recently - I think they'd kill him off and then Lazarus Pit him. Not likely, but I'm filing it away as a possibility.

Here's a question. If you put a batcrap crazy villain in the Lazarus Pit could that make him sane again since a sane person goes mad if they are dipped in the 'healing' waters of the PIt?  Is that how they would redeem Malcolm?  Could he finally feel remorse for his actions and then die in a heroic fashion?

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 3

You know.. I could get behind Malcolm dying and than being brought back via the pit.. I mean, the pit turns normal people BSC so maybe it turns the BSC into normal people?

ETA: when you realize the message above got posted 5min before yours and asks the exact same thing, and somehow you didn't notice.. I'll just go and bring my head back down my outer space.

Edited by foreverevolving
  • Love 1

Here's a question. If you put a batcrap crazy villain in the Lazarus Pit could that make him sane again since a sane person goes mad if they are dipped in the 'healing' waters of the PIt?

Actually.....yes. Comic book readers help me out here, but I thought I read that the Joker got put into the Lazarus pit once and it made him temporarily sane.

Edited by Starfish35

Actually.....yes. Comic book readers help me out here, but I thought I read that the Joker got put into the Lazarus pit once and it made him temporarily sane.

Yeah, it was the Joker. 

Problem is, I don't think Malcolm's insane. I just think he's a shitty person - although I wouldn't put it past these people to dunk him in a pool of goo to change that.

• Love 3