Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I think the 5 seconds is in reference to something other than screen time, like there's a bomb situation and Oliver gets Felicity out of it with 5 seconds to spare or something (or Felicity gets Oliver out of it with 5 seconds to spare). That's why he's being cheeky with the 5 seconds response - because he never said that's how much screen time they'd get.

Or Oliver is 5 seconds late and Ray saves her.....TIIC are that evil!

• Love 1

Real talk: is Oliver actually being a near sighted dumbass or is this an Olicity obstacle and plot device for the second half of season 3? 

I just got my DVD's of season 1&2 and in season 1's extras there is a interview with SA where he said that when it comes to Thea, Oliver loses his mind. He knew, lol!

• Love 5

SA is probably being truthful about no more Lauriver as in a relationship from Ollie's perspective, but that doesn't preclude them from having them sleep together again because stupidity.

That's what I think as well.  When/if Felicity ever tells Oliver "ILY" outright, I think it'll mean something.  But I"m not sure that Oliver telling Felicity "ILY" means anything when it comes to sex.  Last season Oliver essentially told Felicity that he couldn't be with her romantically because he had to be the Arrow.  Next thing you know, he's hooking up with Sara/BC 1.0.  This season Oliver has told Felicity (again) that he can't be with her romantically because he has to be the Arrow.  I'm predicting now we'll see Oliver hooking up with Laurel/BC 2.0, probably post-battle - of course, this will happen in between his training with Sara's murderer.

What!  Oliver as the Arrow gives that big speech atop the police van about being back - and then he leaves to join the LOA?

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

That's what I think as well.  When/if Felicity ever tells Oliver "ILY" outright, I think it'll mean something.  But I"m not sure that Oliver telling Felicity "ILY" means anything when it comes to sex.  Last season Oliver essentially told Felicity that he couldn't be with her romantically because he had to be the Arrow.  Next thing you know, he's hooking up with Sara/BC 1.0.  This season Oliver has told Felicity (again) that he can't be with her romantically because he has to be the Arrow.  I'm predicting now we'll see Oliver hooking up with Laurel/BC 2.0, probably post-battle - of course, this will happen in between his training with Sara's murderer.

I really hope this doesn't happen. I can only watch this beautiful moron do the same dumb shit over and over without learning anything so many times. I hang in there because I'm invested in him becoming a hero/better man and figure it might take a few times for something to stick, but if he screws Laurel while claiming to love Felicity and looking all heartbroken that they can't be together (when it's because of his issues that they aren't in the first place), yeah. I'd be out. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 9

I'm not sure I understand that picture posted in SPOILERS thread. So Oliver is dressed as the Arrow and is fighting himself in a future episode but Vertigo isn't involved? Huh?!

It's an imitator, although who it would be I don't know. The one kneeling looks slightly smaller than SA, but not small enough to be Thea (IMO). Is the right knee on the kneeler red or is that just the light? If it is red, that could be Nyssa. If it's the light, then...no idea.

Some fan comments to that pic (posted on SA's facebook page) were speculating that the second figure is Thea.

Ooooh. Interesting theory. If that's true, would they just be fighting as if they were training or has Thea really gone to the dark side. I truly have no idea. With the Kool-Aid-induced crap she was spewing last episode, I'd go either way.

Like I said in the other thread: Ray, is that you?

Ha. Wouldn't be surprised. He's got everything else of Oliver's, why not dress like him too? LOL.

I wouldn't a little twist that Ray Is temporarily evil and trying to steal Oliver's life but sadly it won't be him

Some fan comments to that pic (posted on SA's facebook page) were speculating that the second figure is Thea.

Maybe Thea is becoming Speedy and wearing a outfit similar to her brother for the time being?

It's an imitator, although who it would be I don't know. The one kneeling looks slightly smaller than SA, but not small enough to be Thea (IMO). Is the right knee on the kneeler red or is that just the light? If it is red, that could be Nyssa. If it's the light, then...no idea.

Both suits look kind of red in the light so I don't think it is actually red. I wonder if this is his dream or fears manifesting itself? Vertigo doesn't have to be involved, just a vivid imagination. Although I guess that would make more sense if he was fighting himself dressed as Oliver like he did in 301 and he's fighting against his humanity.

I seriously have no idea what the hell is going on. What episode are they filming currently? That might give us a clue.

• Love 1

Both suits look kind of red in the light so I don't think it is actually red. I wonder if this is his dream or fears manifesting itself? Vertigo doesn't have to be involved, just a vivid imagination. Although I guess that would make more sense if he was fighting himself dressed as Oliver like he did in 301 and he's fighting against his humanity.

I seriously have no idea what the hell is going on. What episode are they filming currently? That might give us a clue.

Yeah, the red is sort of saturating everything, that's why I couldn't tell. I think they're still on 3x17-MG hasn't tweeted anything about 3x18 that I've seen.

Hmm. We don't know anything about 317 apart from it being the Digg/Lyla wedding and Suicide Squad. Guess we'll have to wait for more details because I have no clue what's happening. The imitator definitely looks like a man though and Cupid is with the squad.

I highlighted the picture.. doesn't look like it's Ray or Stephen's double and far too masculine to be Thea.

maybe Roy? or Maseo?

it could be a dream sequence.

Also the guy is not wearing gloves.. and the suit looks like an exact replica to be someone who is pretending to be Arrow.

ivuzp1.jpg

Edited by foreverevolving

Yikes, that Oliver joins the LOA theory is looking more likely now. I don't know how I feel about that. I thought the only way out of the League was death...

Edited by Angel12d

Yikes, that Oliver joins the LOA theory is looking more likely now. I don't know how I feel about that. I thought they only way out of the League was death...

If he does "join," what, does Ra's just let him go back to Starling on his merry way and not make him, you know, actually do anything? Because he's still in Starling as the Arrow. Unless he hasn't joined up yet. 

Edited by apinknightmare

If he does "join," what, does Ra's just let him go back to Starling on his merry way and not make him, you know, actually do anything? Because he's still in Starling as the Arrow. Unless he hasn't joined up yet. 

I know. I don't get it. Unless he joins for the sole purpose of getting rid of Malcolm? Maybe they make a deal like "I'll join but only until we destroy Malcolm." I guess I'd be ok with that but I'm not sure if Ra's would be. 

In 3x01 Oliver as the Arrow fought Oliver Queen, and in a way gave up the "Oliver Queen suit"... Now in 3x18 Oliver as the Arrow is fighting the Arrow, and Amell spoils that "he will be changing suits" makes me think that maybe Oliver's suit change will be from the Arrow to the Oliver Queen suit? And finally accepting the Oliver Queen part of himself? (Wasn't there also a spoiler at the beginning of the year that Oliver may hang up his hood at the end of the year because of 3 other heroes?). 

• Love 1

I hope he doesn't hang up his hood. The whole point of this season is discovering that he can have a dual identity. 

Oh I don't think he will hang it up for good, but possibly for 2-3 episodes, and then the finale he will pick it back up again?? Much like he can't just be The Arrow, he also won't be able to just be Oliver Queen. 

• Love 4

So Oliver would go from teaming up with Merlyn (which his friends hate him doing) to stop Ra's, to joining Ra's' team (which his friends would hate even more), presumably in order to get rid of Merlyn, in the space of a few episodes? These writers just aren't giving him a chance, are they? Didn't Oliver used to have some form of integrity?

Also, regarding "The Atom is not happy at the Arrow"? 'The Atom' can go eat a buffet of dicks.

Edited by Danny Franks
  • Love 5

Oh I don't think he will hang it up for good, but possibly for 2-3 episodes, and then the finale he will pick it back up again?? Much like he can't just be The Arrow, he also won't be able to just be Oliver Queen. 

I can see him struggling with the idea and maybe wondering for an episode or two if he should give up the hood because it seems to bring him nothing but trouble, but ultimately I don't see him doing that. I mean, obviously he wouldn't hang it up for good because the show is called Arrow but IMO, being the Arrow hasn't been the problem this season. It's the Oliver Queen part he's struggling with. 

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 1

Will he be changing from the Arrow suit to the Oliver Queen suit?  Or to the LoA suit (which is what I think he was teasing).

The Arrow and the Atom not being happy with each other is meant to put Felicity in the middle of them (because if Oliver can accept LaurelCanary and MM, he can accept anything) so she has to choose.  Oliver better hope it's after he's had a chance to redeem himself because right now, I have a feeling she'd pick Ray in a heartbeat.  (I still don't like Raylicity but right now I'm liking Oliver even less.)

• Love 3

I hope he doesn't hang up his hood. The whole point of this season is discovering that he can have a dual identity. 

I don't think he's going to hang up the arrow suit. at least not forever. I think what may happen is that at the end of the season he will chose to minimize his arrow activates to focus on Oliver Queen, to win Felicity, to run QC (or create a new company)- it will be the opposite of the flashbacks, being Oliver Queen means embracing his humanity, while in the flashbacks he is slowly losing it.

if he does hang up the hood at the end of the season it won't be for long.

I have said before, and i will keep on saying: season 3 is all about identity (as we've been told) about realizing he can be both Oliver and The Arrow; season 4 is going to be all about inner balance between those two identities (in a way we saw him sort of trying to do that in season 2, but his main focus then was about evolving into a hero as the arrow). Season 4 will be about evolving into a Hero as Oliver - as a continuation to what Barry told him in the crossover, Oliver trying to do good as Oliver Queen.

• Love 2

Will he be changing from the Arrow suit to the Oliver Queen suit?  Or to the LoA suit (which is what I think he was teasing).

The Arrow and the Atom not being happy with each other is meant to put Felicity in the middle of them (because if Oliver can accept LaurelCanary and MM, he can accept anything) so she has to choose.  Oliver better hope it's after he's had a chance to redeem himself because right now, I have a feeling she'd pick Ray in a heartbeat.  (I still don't like Raylicity but right now I'm liking Oliver even less.)

Putting Felicity between the Arrow and Atom is different than putting her between Ray and Oliver, right? At least I hope so. I don't want her to pick the Atom after only working with him for a few months. That's just feels so wrong to me. I don't know, maybe that's the point I guess. Maybe Oliver/Arrow needs to feel like he's really lost her before he gets a clue. I think her speech in 312 was the first step of that.

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 2

I don't think he's going to hang up the arrow suit. at least not forever. I think what may happen is that at the end of the season he will chose to minimize his arrow activates to focus on Oliver Queen, to win Felicity, to run QC (or create a new company)- it will be the opposite of the flashbacks, being Oliver Queen means embracing his humanity, while in the flashbacks he is slowly losing it.

if he does hang up the hood at the end of the season it won't be for long.

I have said before, and i will keep on saying: season 3 is all about identity (as we've been told) about realizing he can be both Oliver and The Arrow; season 4 is going to be all about inner balance between those two identities (in a way we saw him sort of trying to do that in season 2, but his main focus then was about evolving into a hero as the arrow). Season 4 will be about evolving into a Hero as Oliver - as a continuation to what Barry told him in the crossover, Oliver trying to do good as Oliver Queen.

I don't think he'll hang up his hood either. What I meant was I hope he finds the balance between Oliver and the Arrow. He already has people who accept both sides of him, he just has to accept all sides of himself too. But I do think (hope) this season will end with him handing over more control to other heroes so he can have more of a personal life. That's pretty much the whole point of it.

• Love 1

I hope he finds the balance between Oliver and the Arrow. 

Not this season. or at least the decision to fight for that balance will happen probably by the finale, but the finding of the balance is going to be all of season 4. At least that's my prediction.

• Love 2

Not this season. or at least the decision to fight for that balance will happen probably by the finale, but the finding of the balance is going to be all of season 4. At least that's my prediction.

Yep, absolutely. Rome wasn't built in a day...

So we have the tease that Oliver "might have to imagine a life without Felicity" and we have Felicity possibly being in the hospital (we don't know yet if it's her or Mama Smoak) but all of Mama Smoak's scenes take place in the hospital. And then there's the "5 seconds" tease for Felicity/Oliver in 3x18 (which Twitter is taking to mean that Felicity might flatline for 5 seconds)

Please let this mean that we are getting super injured Felicity and worrying about her life Oliver in 3x18. 

• Love 2

I know Felicity has scenes in a hospital with Donna (and MG did confirm that someone was in the hospital for an injury), but I hope that Felicity's not the one injured. I'm tired of women being injured/kidnapped to advance men's stories (of course this is Arrow so that's probably exactly what will happen).

• Love 1
In an upcoming episode, The Atom is not happy with the Arrow

Then he can GTFO!

I wonder if Atom blames Arrow for whatever happens to Felicity and if we are getting scenes of "life w/o her" leading to Oliver finally stopping himself from not being with her.

Edited by Hook75

I know Felicity has scenes in a hospital with Donna (and MG did confirm that someone was in the hospital for an injury), but I hope that Felicity's not the one injured. I'm tired of women being injured/kidnapped to advance men's stories (of course this is Arrow so that's probably exactly what will happen).

Maybe being injured will advance Felicity's story or feelings about things? Hahaha who are we kidding? That will never happen.

• Love 2

So we have the tease that Oliver "might have to imagine a life without Felicity" and we have Felicity possibly being in the hospital (we don't know yet if it's her or Mama Smoak) but all of Mama Smoak's scenes take place in the hospital. And then there's the "5 seconds" tease for Felicity/Oliver in 3x18 (which Twitter is taking to mean that Felicity might flatline for 5 seconds)

Please let this mean that we are getting super injured Felicity and worrying about her life Oliver in 3x18.

I bet we get Super injured Felicity so we can have Oliver flipping out at the thought of her dying and we might get him confessing EVERYTHING to her( she was his last thought before "Dying" he don't want to die he wants to live, he's sacrificing her love to protect from Ra's would target her and Thea when he finds out Oliver is Alive).

Maybe being injured will advance Felicity's story or feelings about things? Hahaha who are we kidding? That will never happen.

It SHOULD be advancing her story making her evaluate what she truly wants. Good writing would advance her story and Oliver's if she is the one who's severely hurt

Then he can GTFO!

I wonder if Atom blames Arrow for whatever happens to Felicity and if we are getting scenes of "life w/o her" leading to Oliver finally stopping himself from not being with her.

Let's hope so! Oliver is being a butt right now but I'm rooting for him to get his shit together choose LIVING and winning Felicitys heart back.

• Love 1

I'm still going with they are going to make Felicity into Oracle...

I doubt it - they're using Babs in the Titans series - no way DC lets another show have an Oracle. That's probably why they had to change the name of Felcity's episode.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 6

This all makes sense, so of course this is probably exactly what's NOT going to happen ;)

I'm still hung up on Donna not interacting with anyone else, per MG. If Felicity is injured and Mom's there for her, how can she not interact with Oliver or Diggle, or even Ray (especially if those two are dating in 3x18).

As for the tease that Oliver "might have to imagine a life without Felicity," is that specifically for 3x18? Or could that be for the finale episodes. Maybe Felicity is leaving Starling? (In case, "Arrow" still wants to extend the angst and doesn't want to put her and Oliver together)

I doubt it - they're using Babs in the Titans series - no way DC lets another show have an Oracle. That's probably why they had to change the name of Felcity's episode.

but is she's there as Oracle or Batgirl? if it's the former than i get it, if it's the latter than.. why not? I mean just like Arrow & Arsenal and so forth Oracle is but a moniker, with Bab's now returned to being batgirl I see no reason to not allow a different character to take on the "Oracle" Moniker.

She's there as Oracle.

On that case, unless Titans gets canceled before Arrow is done I doubt we'll get the pleasure of seeing Felicity being referred to as "Oracle".

They might choose to go around that and create her a brand new code name.

Edited by foreverevolving

This all makes sense, so of course this is probably exactly what's NOT going to happen ;)

I'm still hung up on Donna not interacting with anyone else, per MG. If Felicity is injured and Mom's there for her, how can she not interact with Oliver or Diggle, or even Ray (especially if those two are dating in 3x18).

The only thing I can think of if Felicity's the one injured is that she's in the ICU and only relatives can visit and Donna just won't leave her side. If it's Donna, then she's in Starling City for whatever reason, gets hurt, and...at some point she's well enough that someone makes a crack about hospital sex (same if Felicity's the one injured)? Maybe Oliver or Ray get hurt and Donna comes because Felicity's upset, therefore she only interacts with Felicity? 

Not that I'm hoping Felicity gets hurt or anything, but I'm still wondering if MG read that Tumblr question wrong and was replying that Mama Smoak wasn't going to be interacting with Thea or anyone else she hadn't already met, not that she wasn't going to be interacting with anyone other than Felicity. 

• Love 1

If this hypothetical bomb goes off and hypothetically injures Felicity, what are the chances that it's Malcolm Merlyn's fault?  Felicity and Diggle were so adamant against working with him, and the result is that is nearly gets her killed.

• Love 3

If this hypothetical bomb goes off and hypothetically injures Felicity, what are the chances that it's Malcolm Merlyn's fault?  Felicity and Diggle were so adamant against working with him, and the result is that is nearly gets her killed.

That's a possibility. MG said Felicity is the moral center of team. I hope it would be Malcolm. We'd get more of what Oliver did in the midseason finale to Malcolm if Felicity gets hurt because of Malcolm

• Love 1

I still so irritated that Felicity is involved with any of this crap. She has to be in the middle of the Atom and the Arrow? Fuck that shit. 

Do we know who the VOTW is for 318? All the spoilers are running together in my head. I do want everyone who goes in on the Malcolm Merlyn's an awesome guy plan to grovel at Felicity's feet when his sudden but inevitable betrayal happens. I'm almost positive that Felicity's in the hospital just because this show would never take time to flesh out her life by making it about Mama Smoak. 

• Love 2

Do we know who the VOTW is for 318? All the spoilers are running together in my head. I do want everyone who goes in on the Malcolm Merlyn's an awesome guy plan to grovel at Felicity's feet when his sudden but inevitable betrayal happens. I'm almost positive that Felicity's in the hospital just because this show would never take time to flesh out her life by making it about Mama Smoak.

No, we don't know who the villain of the week is yet.

I wonder if Donna is in Starling visiting Felicity and they both get taken out? Kind of like episode five, but with them getting nearly blown up instead of kidnapped and held at gunpoint.

Edited by apinknightmare